(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,349 posts
  • 992 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by PinPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 522 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20211127_202641 (resized).jpg
20211127_202617 (resized).jpg
20211127_202628 (resized).jpg
IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
6356FCDD-2568-42C2-B738-8F4EFC033B08 (resized).jpeg
8FAFAFD8-7779-4158-8336-581BB589E4CC (resized).jpeg
BA2D7733-D82D-4175-9D1F-3C6357CF8A26 (resized).jpeg
1A8415D7-1704-496A-AE39-047A3F490B76 (resized).jpeg
A7EA1EA1-35C5-4E93-9E25-E7507518A76F (resized).jpeg
6A266C50-5305-414D-839A-5B9BA1E171C9.gif
jpsetup (resized).jpg
jpbox (resized).jpg
JP_pops_1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #72 Custom Jurassic Park apron cards Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #230 Custom Apron Cards for Stern JP Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (2 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (2 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (2 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (2 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (2 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by Scribbles (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5587 1 year ago

I'm getting a premium. Are there any vital settings, protectors, or things to check for that you guys would recommend?

#5611 1 year ago

I haven't gotten my game yet. Do you guys think this would make a good mod? How much is nedry in the game?

20200624_132807 (resized).jpg
#5613 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

The Barbasol mode to get really is from flashinstinct
Nedry has a presence in the game for sure, only (human) character from the movie on the playfield. Lot's of sound call outs say his name, has his own outlane, lot's of Nedry love in the game
Sold out already! The bitter person in my thinks a pinball modder bought them all up so they could triple the price, put an L bracket on it and profit... but it is a SDCC exclusive, so it sold out with it's own flipper community and didn't need pinball's help to make a buck.
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/MTGVD14R?id=CO-408272913
My third edit: So naturally this is blowing up on EBay, I honestly don't think anyone who bought them from the source had any intention of keeping them, remarkable how many of these are on EBay already. ebay.com link)

For what it's worth, I ordered one with the intention of keeping it. They limited it to one per customer.

#5671 1 year ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

This game keeps moving up the top 100 ratings. I like to see it! Anyone think it will settle upon the top spot? It seems possible as Stern keeps selling more and more units of this gem.

I haven't played it or rated it yet, but mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and I'm expecting to love it and give it high ratings, so I think it's going to keep going up!

#5673 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Seenev who did you order yours from? I ordered mine (a Premium) a month ago and my dist says hopefully mid July. Stern is backed up on orders is what he is saying. Just wondering how long you waited.

I'll pm you.

#5690 1 year ago

I got mine today and I'm very pleased with it. I do have one concern and I would appreciate some input. Having heard about all the Stern playfield issues, I've looked closely at mine and there's one or two inserts with little bumps around the edges. Is this normal variation or something I should worry about?
20200701_193349 (resized).jpg

#5735 1 year ago

Now #2 in the Top 100.

#5745 1 year ago

Does anyone have a video clip of the extra ball animation?

#5749 1 year ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

My NIB JP Premium just arrived at my distributor from Stern, but my help to go pick it up isn’t available for another 3.5 hours or so...Is this legally considered torture?

Congrats! Mine came last week. I've been trying not to overplay it because I want to enjoy it for a long time but it's been a really fun game so far. Probably going to take the #1 spot before long.

#5758 1 year ago

How much does HD glass improve this game? Do you guys think it's worth it?

#5778 1 year ago
Quoted from Mutt:

today my wife mentioned how it's a shame that we can't really see the mezel mods raptor fence. it's dark & you don't necessarily notice it. I pulled the glass & installed a flood. it lights up both the raptor fence & the lookout tower nicely.[quoted image][quoted image]

That's a very cool mod but I have this aversion to putting 3d printed stuff in my games. I think the print line texture ruins things. I'd love it if they made a higher quality version, maybe SLS printed by shapeways.

#5801 1 year ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I don't think anyone would like the price point if the whole thing was SLS printed.

It would be ideal if mod makers bought one high resolution print, did any additional finishing necessary, and then made a mold and cast resin copies for sale. You can make a mold pretty cheaply and easily. Some of the more popular mods for popular games would certainly be worthwhile

#5829 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Any tips for hitting the tower shot- is this meant to be a tough shot?
I can only hit it consistently off the flipper tip when the ball trickles out of the bumpers but I’m having trouble hitting it off the ramp/loop. I am 7 degree incline.

I don't think you can get it from the lower flippers.

#5851 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Left flipper not needed.
I just tried three times, got "you are out of your mind" and "what do you think you're doing?" and "what's gotten into you?"

I tried it once and it was a screaming sound.

#5859 1 year ago

Is the any kind of protector for the circle around the up posts?

#5875 1 year ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

I am really hoping for co-op mode soon. It would make playing with friends and pinsplaining (for nonpin people) the rules so much more fun.

They have a top ten game that could become #1. They'd be dumb to not keep adding stuff.

#5889 1 year ago

I'm surprised that no one sells this, so I'm making my own.

20200716_204327 (resized).jpg
#5891 1 year ago
Quoted from gblack:

A few different types are sold.

Where?

#5896 1 year ago
Quoted from medic7000:

I just got a used premium with under 200 plays. Is it normal to see streaks on the playfield? I’m assuming it’s from the ball. Only notice it if a light shines on it. I’m new to pinball so not sure if it’s normal or if I should do anything about it. Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine has some streaks if I look closely but it's hard to tell how bad it is from a picture. I wound try some Novus 2 on it and then wax it and see how it looks.

#5904 1 year ago

I feel like I hear "Novus 2 is abrasive. Be careful!" a lot. While true, I think people are overly concerned. It's not as abrasive as a metal ball flying all over the playfield. Still... You shouldn't need to use it often.

#5919 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:I snagged up that rod, it was 159 shipped, thanks for the link!
Anyway, does anyone know why my tower shots aren’t registering? My guess is the “opto” though I have no idea where it is in the tower or how to check/correct it. Thanks!!

Did you notice from the picture it's one of the bad ones with the wrong insect?

#5926 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Looks like a mosquito to me. Either way, I doubt the picture on amazon is the Exact one you'll be receiving. Consider yourself lucky to have one at all. They're difficult to obtain.

I've read that the ones they made after the first run are low quality and don't have the right insect, so if you buy one now it's probably not a good one. I can't say for sure though. Some of the third party versions look pretty good.

#5946 1 year ago
Quoted from Saddath:

My

I got mine from Modfather today. I really like it. Looks better than the latest stern ones.
Now i just got to work on installing LEDs in the plate to match the stern one.

Is the rod hollow? It would be ideal to shine an led from just inside.

#5974 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Own a pro, played a LE the other day and found its raptor MB much easier to start. Just gotta bonk the gate enough times to start, while pro needs the back target at the end to get it going. The target funnel on our game is tight so the back target is difficult to hit, especially from a left flipper trap.

Yep and he said it was a badly set-up game. Perhaps the funnel had been bashed open a bit more, making for easier shots?

I wonder if game designers shrug off criticism of Pro features because it's not really part of the game they designed. Some Pro versions are clearly just the Premium versions with things yanked out or replaced for cost purposes. If I had designed JP and people were complaining about the Pro raptor pen, I wouldn't really worry about it because I'd think of it not really part of my game.

#6047 1 year ago
Quoted from TTARider:

anyone have an issue with the auto-plunge not making the reverse ramp? I've tried upping the power, but sometimes it feels like the ball is snagging on something right after the ramp and popping back down.. happens so fast its hard to tell what the cause is..
Thoughts?

Mine misses about one out of five times. Not sure why it is. I think it's just a flawed design.

#6079 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Beware. My JP premium June 4th 2020 build has pooling where ball guides connect to playfield and my shooter lane is chipping already after 200 plays [quoted image][quoted image]

I just looked at mine which is also a June 4th build date and I see a little pooling under the ball guide as well. I doubt it could be a problem in that spot but it's there. I don't see any chipping in the shooter lane yet. I guess I better put something there while there's still time.

This was my first Stern NIB and I can't say I've been happy with the experience even though I haven't had any serious problems. There's too much to worry about. Stern doesn't instill confidence in their customers at all.

#6081 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

And I've been playing my LE for almost a year now and I've had no issues with the T-Rex whatsoever. At about 1500 games played (1700 lifetime) now. While I really feel bad for you, getting a lemon doesn't mean they all are. My game was even born on a Friday (usually a bad thing in the manufacturing world).
While some would say I got lucky I would tend to say it's you that was unfortunately very unlucky..

Yeah... I would go to Stern for help because that doesn't sound normal. My Trex has been pretty reliable.

Edit: sorry... Misread the post and see that you have gone to Stern.. M

#6084 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My T-Rex likes to put his head down and take a nap on the right side of the ramp every now and then. I tried to contact Stern about it twice, and they were like, "Problem? What problem?" Which is to say they never responded. That's a real dick move on a large purchase like this...or any purchase for that matter.

And you know they read the messages because they respond quickly for anything minor or potential sales.

#6096 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I just looked at mine which is also a June 4th build date and I see a little pooling under the ball guide as well. I doubt it could be a problem in that spot but it's there. I don't see any chipping in the shooter lane yet. I guess I better put something there while there's still time.
This was my first Stern NIB and I can't say I've been happy with the experience even though I haven't had any serious problems. There's too much to worry about. Stern doesn't instill confidence in their customers at all.

I just took the glass off and looked at mine under better light and there is chipping in the shooter lane! I couldn't see it before but the clear has chipped away where the ball comes out. What a piece of junk.

What is the expected timeline for wear in the shooter lane? I got my game about a month ago nib, June 4th build. This seems to soon for this. I don't play it that much.

20200729_172428 (resized).jpg
#6099 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Put a Cliffy on it!
The sooner the better. Very common issue on most new games.

I ordered a protector today. Not playing it until it's on there. I actually had a little metal protector on the eject side and it wasn't doing anything.

The last Stern I had was Ghostbusters. I put a lot of games on it before selling it and it didn't have this problem. I guess this is my one and only nib from Stern unless they address and fix the issue.

#6102 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you turned the power to the trough kickout down? I've got mine on the lowest setting and it has no issues kicking the ball into the shooter lane. I'd still suggest a cliffy or mylar or a clear plastic shooter lane protector, but the lower power will help as well.

I had it at the default but I've turned it lower now. I figured the default setting should be fine but I guess it's not.

#6166 1 year ago

Do you guys ever feel cheated if you make the helicopter shot during a multiball but it doesn't give you credit because it's during a ball save so it considers it just the returned ball and not a shot made?

#6183 1 year ago

Do you guys ever get little specks of orange debris on the playfield? I think it's from fiction on the slingshot plastics. Is that normal?

#6205 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My spinner shot seems like it hits something everytime I shoot it. It makes it past the gate, bounces around and drops into the pops. Seems like it should go all the way around the loop to the upper flipper.
How is this shot intended to work?

I think if it's a clean shot then it shouldn't drop into the pops.

#6212 1 year ago

I had a screw fly off the left ramp in the middle of a game (second time it's happened). I put it back in but there's no tension. It feels like there's nothing for it to screw into. It's this normal? It's this screw...

20200807_235509 (resized).jpg
#6218 1 year ago

Finally got around to changing the green spring that shipped with my game to the correct orange one. What a difference! If you haven't bothered to check, make sure you're plunger spring is orange.

#6225 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Where do you get the correct spring?

I asked Stern to send it to me.

#6236 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

seenev
My guess would be that the shooter spring is shedding some of its orange coating. See if the orange isn't concentrated in the shooter lane. You might not be able to see it on un-lit clear over blank P/F. You will probably have to run your finger like someone checking for dust.

This was before I had put in the orange spring. My game shipped with green.

#6255 1 year ago

Saying this is by design sounds very convenient...

#6259 1 year ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Prototype had a spring gate. Ball kept getting stuck under it so removed for convenience, yes spot on.

That's kind of like saying the clear coat kept pooling so you started putting almost no clear coat on... Was that also by design?

#6263 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

And people wonder why Stern employees don't have more of a presence on Pinside.

I'm surprised they take the time to address minor issues that no one is that worried about but won't address the biggest problem that many, many people aren't happy about. I don't care about the gate issue, though I think saying the ball going through the one way gate the wrong way is on purpose seems a little disingenuous. Maybe it was the better of two designs they tried but it's not really functioning the way it should when it gets through the wrong way. Saying it's to "keep you in your toes" sounds like a cop out.

Similarly, they were using a normal amount of clear coat, but couldn't get the process right, so instead of getting it right, they just use much less clear coat, which comes with its own set of problems. It's not a solution, but probably what they think is the better of two options, neither of which really address the problem.

I love the game design. It's a great game. But Stern has made it quite frustrating to own one for some of us. I'd love to hear an official statement of what's going on there, and we know they're reading these posts. What they're not saying says more than what they are saying.

#6363 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The screw holds the opto bracket (black plastic) and ramp protector (metal bracket) in place. The screws can sometimes strip the hole in the plastic opto bracket - you can buy replacement opto brackets ... a temporary fix can be to partially fill the hole with slither of a match stick (etc) such that the screw can grip it

The screw flew out again, but the crazy thing is that I can't find it now. I replaced it with a similar screw that I had that fits better. I'm wondering now if Stern used the wrong size screw at the factory.

Should I be worried about a screw being somewhere in the machine? I don't want to tear it apart looking for it, but I spent a good 20 minutes trying to find it before giving up. My guess is it's under a plastic somewhere. I just hope it doesn't fall on something and cause a short.

#6397 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Second T-Rex mode, mine is only catching the ball about 33% of the time when I hit the ramp and when he misses, it’s often SDTM. The first T-Rex mode (multiball) doesn’t have to catch so it starts fine 100% when I hit the ramp (sometimes catches, sometimes doesn’t).
So is this standard behavior or should it catch every time I hit the ramp in the 2nd and 3rd modes?
Maybe his head position is not properly calibrated? I feel like when he does catch it it’s when I hit the right side of the ramp.
Thanks!

I think my Trex works pretty well but it still doesn't catch the ball every time. I don't think there's anything I can do to adjust it to make it better. It's just that the ball won't hit it perfectly everytime and it's going to miss sometimes. I just think of the mouth as a narrower ramp shot.

#6416 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Final update...the crack team at stern wired it in reverse. Resoldered it the right way and it works.

I guess they don't even check to see if all the lights come on when they do their quality inspections?

#6421 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

To be fair, I played a few hundred games and didn't notice. Ha

It's just surprising to me because they talk about their products being inspected to try to suggest that any defects (playfield defects) are noticed by them and considered within their acceptable standards... You would think they'd have a checklist of things like all the lights to make sure they're working. I mean how good could these inspections be if they don't catch that?

#6422 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Rarrrrr...
[quoted image]

Did they start making these with different colors? Mine looks more brown.

#6425 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Good eye... Looks like earlier runs might have been green, and now they've gone brown.[quoted image]

Bummer. I kind of like green better. Oh well.

What are you doing there?

1 week later
#6594 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I noticed a washer shoot across the playfield and see I'm missing a screw at the Trex ramp.
So I lift the playfield and find this screw in the cab. Can someone confirm this goes there? And if not where do they even use this type?

Are you missing the spacer too?

I've also had screws fly off this ramp. I ended up replacing one of them when another screw. I think maybe Stern has been using the wrong size.

#6613 1 year ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

My NIB premium has no playfield issues, made June 5th

My June 5th build has issues.

#6615 1 year ago

Extremely thin clear. Chipping in shooter lane after very little use. Ghosting on inserts. A few dents on the playfield that look like something was dropped on it. Pooling under guide rails. One part had this little gouge out of the box where the clear was turned up. Like it had been nicked by a screwdriver or something.

I know multiballmaniac1 reported similar issues with his June 5 build as well.

#6618 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

That is very possible! Throwing a couple old playfields in the mix to use them up. Making it look like less of a problem until they are all used up

I think the date stamp on my playfield said March.

1 week later
#6743 1 year ago

Anyone else have an led board installed the wrong way in the raptor pen? The misalignment has been bothering me and then when I looked closer I could see the pcb sticking out. I'm guessing it was installed backwards. Is it easy to get in there and turn it around? I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

20200907_144709 (resized).jpg
#6749 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Installed correctly, but has rotated its way out to where you can see it. Simply push it back under the plastic and tighten the screw right behind it, while holding the nut below it with a wrench (not sure what size). There should be enough room that you don’t have to remove anything. [quoted image]

Thanks. I was able to fix it easily enough. Mine had been like that since I unboxed it so I always just thought it was a poor design but it was just aligned poorly.

Is there anything that can be done to hide the reflection of the pcbs in the raptor pen? I can't see the target stickers inside the pen because the pcbs reflect onto the clear plastic.

2 weeks later
#7093 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey all. I’m going to check out a JP Premium today. Did they ever fix the early play field issues? What exactly were all the issues? Is there a manufacturing date that would be better? Anything else to be on the lookout for?
Thanks!

The issues are still happening. Some games seem OK, others have clear pooling/chipping, ghosting, etc. Best case scenario is you get a game with very thin clear. Their solution to pooling seemed to be to just put almost no clear on it at all... But even so pooling still tends to happen under rails. Some people also reported very bad wood grain under the artwork.

2 weeks later
#7421 1 year ago

Are more software updates expected?

1 week later
#7549 1 year ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Anyone looking to sell their JP Premium? I'm in Cali and looking.

You can still buy them nib.

#7558 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sort of...there’s a wait list, and it’s long....See that thread about stern being back ordered by about 5000 games? Pinball is healthy and strong during COVID. But, I don’t think the factory is allowed to run at full capacity.

I started that thread...

2 months later
#8715 11 months ago
Quoted from bent98:

This screw fell out. I tried putting it back in but it just spins. Is there a nut that holds it from the back?
[quoted image]

Same thing happened to me. I used a slightly larger screw and it was fine.

3 weeks later
#9193 10 months ago

When is the next run of JP?

2 months later
#10109 8 months ago

I've been away a while and haven't even turned on my JP in weeks. Are more code updates expected?

#10136 8 months ago

Can someone with the amber shooter rod tell me if this is a normal amount of shaking/vibration?

#10138 8 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Mine is the same. You shouldn’t need to pull full stroke on this pin though

Thanks. I usually use the launch button anyways. I was just surprised by how much vibration there was. It was really not that easy to install. Those screws are barely accessible.

#10144 8 months ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

First time pin owner here. Noticed this evening that I have a few insert LEDs that appear to be out and do not turn on during the service menu test. They are the “Light Escape” arrow insert, the “Spitter” insert, and the “Amber Award” insert. What will I need to do to replace these? I looked on the underside of the playfield and the insert LED for “Light Escape appears to be attached to a larger circuit board. Will that whole board require replacement, or just the LED? Any tips are very much appreciated!

Likely have to replace the boards unless you're very good at soldering. Is it still under warranty?

#10155 8 months ago

I thought JP got delayed...

1 week later
#10194 7 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Well, after 12,846 balls played the post protecting my upper flipper just snapped off. It did its job well for a long time and now it’ll go have fun running around on grandpa’s farm with other old pinball parts
I’m guessing it probably took at least 2 or 3 hard hits per ball on average. Probably more. So I’m not surprised it happened eventually.
Gonna be a bit of a PITA to replace it though since the flipper mech will have to come off (no good way to unscrew the remaining piece that’s still screwed into the nut between the flipper plate and the playfield).
[quoted image]

Two people had this happen in the same day? Dang. The game isn't even that old.

#10229 7 months ago

I've been thinking about putting this little Nedry in somewhere. What would be the best place for him?

20210417_163243 (resized).jpg
#10245 7 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Now I’m depressed. I’ve had mine for over a year and I haven’t been to the VC yet. I need to play better! And avoid the T-Rex paddock.

Same. Never been to VC after countless games.

#10287 7 months ago

Well... I bit the bullet and ordered the topper. Hope I don't regret it. It's insanely overpriced but the topper world has gone bananas and made retail prices seem almost reasonable by comparison.

2 weeks later
#10449 6 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

JJ at game exchange of Colorado told me it’ll be a few months but they are running them again

I was told this month.

1 week later
#10485 6 months ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

JP with Pinstadium Neos
[quoted image]

If you like it then great. Personally I don't understand the need for pinstadiums. I think the stock lighting in the game is fine and I think you can certainly overlight a game. Darkness can certainly set the mood in some games.

1 week later
#10587 6 months ago

Looks good. I've thought about getting art blades but I'm worried they'd get torn up when I lift the playfield. Does that happen? I've had games that scratch the walls when lifting the playfield.

2 weeks later
#10649 5 months ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Can I safely install the new motor without them? If not how do I recreate the pictured attachment of them to the motor housing? This appears to be some kind of weld, not a solder job.[quoted image]

The capacitors are there for a reason. I would not install it without them.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?14655-Why-capacitor-on-motor

It doesn't look too hard. Just solder a capacitor between the terminals and from each terminal to the housing. If you're not comfortable with soldering then maybe ask someone else to do it for you.

#10664 5 months ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi Guys,
Does anyone have a Stern topper for sale? Alternatively if you have a Stern topper on your game and you're thinking of selling your machine, would you sell the topper separately to me
Shipping to Australia is very easy.
Please PM me if you have something to offer.
Thank you.

They are still available to buy from distributors for the upcoming run.

#10672 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Have you tried contacting Classic Game Rooms about availability?

I already have an order in with nitro. I was just telling Drac that he can order one new instead of buying one from someone.

#10710 5 months ago

My Trex has been pretty reliable so far. I'll give them credit for that.

3 weeks later
#10943 4 months ago
Quoted from venom112:

Question- is the TREX supposed to drop the ball on the ramp all the time or is there a setting I need to change to make it so it drops on the ramp. Seems random I have seen it drop on the ramp but most times it throws it.

There's a setting where you can turn off throws.

2 weeks later
#11019 4 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The SHAKER, some type of SHOOTER LANE PROTECTOR and TIMLAH's A/V code update are the closest to "necessary" you'll find. The rest is a matter of taste. I consider the Mezel Raptor Pit to be well worth it, along with the WizBlade 'blue' side art. I would also consider the PBL fluorescent plastic protector set to add colorful pop to the lower part of the playfield. And if money is no object, add Stern's Amber shooter and PBL's lighted flipper buttons which match the amber shooter perfectly (order the translucent yellow buttons).
Obviously there are a ton of other mods (trees, goats, signs, etc) to choose from. Be careful not to go overboard!

I'll offer a dissenting opinion on the movie assets code. I don't know what it's like now, whether it's been further revised, but I uninstalled it pretty quick. I found that the clips didn't match what was going on in the game, and it made the game more confusing for people trying to learn the game. The stock code can be cheesy, but at least the assets were designed for the game and make sense, instead of trying to make movie quotes fit where they don't really make sense.

I'm a minority opinion on this issue, but I think stock code is better.

1 week later
#11141 4 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

I wonder about the new run of toppers? I think they were supposed to be made in early August.

They were supposed to ship in May but it seems like they were delayed (indefinitely?).

2 months later
#11772 58 days ago

Any updates on when the new topper run is expected? Seems like it's been delayed forever.

#11774 58 days ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Good question, I managed to snag one in the recent August run. I think there was supposed to be another run sometime in the fall.

Was there an August run? I know some distros originally had April 2021 delivery scheduled for the new run and those have yet to be made.

#11778 58 days ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Holy smokes, were these always $1,000??
Seems insane to spend that kind of money on plastic with LEDs lol
[quoted image]

No. MSRP is $600.

#11788 57 days ago

If you put it in your cart it says it's backordered.

1 week later
#11853 47 days ago

I bought the stern topper with low expectations and I'm still disappointed. I figured it was the only thing keeping my game from feeling complete after putting in a shaker, knocker, art blades, shooter... But man the topper is cheap and flimsy.

#11856 47 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah I love the looks of mine too. The lighting effects and looks really do complete the game. It's not as cool as the Black Knight topper, but it is definitely not flimsy either.

I dunno how you guys can say it isn't flimsy. You lightly touch the plastic and it bends. I'm sort of amazed that it arrived without breaking.

#11858 46 days ago
Quoted from gblack:

There’s 3 levels. The back is supported by 3” of plastic. The front two aren’t waving in the wind. Do you have your pinball machine in a McDonalds fun pit? Compared to other toppers across all manufacturers I feel it’s above par. I’ve seen some that are just a single sheet of plexiglass.

Yeah but those aren't generally $600 or anywhere close.

#11905 42 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I've installed 5 sets of blades without any playfield removal, and I do so without water. With playfield standing upright, I simply peel back about 10-inches of the backing (about a third of the way from the rear of the machine or so), and then align the whole blade very carefully by hand. It won't stick until you are ready for it to stick. Once aligned, you stick the expose part and work your way towards the front and back, peeling the backing slowly and while still aligning the blades. I wrote up a more detail explanation previously in this thread. Finally use a rubber roller to stick it with some pressure.

You're a braver man than I am. I didn't want to take the playfield out but after doing it I couldn't imagine trying to do it with the playfield in. I also used rapidtac and was glad that I did because I ended up needing to realign the blades a few times. I guess if you're experienced with installing blades it must get easier, but if it's your first time I'd suggest taking out the playfield and using rapidtac or soapy water.

#11936 37 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Bought this T-rex head on Amazon and modded it. Lit the eyes and tied them to the game’s gi and wired his mouth to interact with the flasher under the t-rex ramp. I think it came out pretty good. I also mounted it so it hangs over the top just a little. Just another alternative for people to consider. We are not selling this, just did it for myself.
amazon.com link »

DEahC53VYAArOAu.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside