(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seah2os.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12040 2 years ago

With recurring frequency, during multi ball, a ball gets locked in the raptor pen and the rod and gate goes up to hold the ball while the other balls are played. Problem is, the ball doesn’t appear to being recognized in the pen, and after the others drain the pin goes into ball search. It ultimately is unable to release the ball and kills that ball in play, starting the next number ball, or ending the game. The raptor pen, gate, and rod lock appears to be operating correctly during normal play with one ball. The issue only occurs during any mode of multi ball when a random ball goes into the open pen. Could it be the optos? Thanks for any info!

46D7A820-03C4-49E8-B2A3-3FBB7D8D0BFD (resized).jpeg46D7A820-03C4-49E8-B2A3-3FBB7D8D0BFD (resized).jpeg
#12057 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Does the post drop to let the trapped ball roll down to the back of the gate (becoming a captive ball) or does the post remain up? If the latter then this is the issue as the post should drop down (due to the spring) releasing the ball but still held in the pen by the raised gate. If it does correctly drop then I'd go into switch test mode and check the switches associated with the gate (up/down) as it's like the game doesn't realise the gate is up.

During normal gameplay, with one ball only, a captive shot raises the rod, then lowers the rod, and the ball rolls against the gate. However, during multi ball, with the gate lowered, a captive ball raises the rod and the gate, but the rod never lowers to release the ball to the gate. The machine eventually goes into ball search, but the rod also fails to lower then as well.

#12068 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Which MB does this occur during?
During Raptor Tri-ball, hitting all three targets in the raptor pen and then the centre target will trap the ball behind the raised post for 15 secs (the timer is reset by hitting the captive ball), however the gate shouldn't raise in this specific case.
The behaviour does sound odd and if you've tested the switches and checked that the post is getting stuck in the up position, then might be work logging a case with Stern (is you machine still under warranty?

It’s happened in Chaos MB, and TRex. Since it goes into ball search, I’m guessing there’s an issue and I’ll contact Stern. I am not the original owner…unfortunately Thanks!

#12074 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hhmm hadn't considered that ... given there is mention of the gate being up, I assume the machine is a Prem/LE and if it was running Pro code then T-Rex wouldn't work either, that said it's certainly one to cross off the list of possibilities.
seah2os can you confirm what model you have and whether you have the matching s/w code? Also what version of software are you running?

I’ve had this about 6 months and only started having this issue in the last few weeks. Of course it could have been there all along, and I just didn’t trigger the sequence of events correctly. Matching S/W code..what is that and where do I find it? Thanks!

00BE8B9C-2356-4466-9B02-5F547A843F56 (resized).jpeg00BE8B9C-2356-4466-9B02-5F547A843F56 (resized).jpeg344401DD-66B4-4D8A-8351-03AC25FF0388 (resized).jpeg344401DD-66B4-4D8A-8351-03AC25FF0388 (resized).jpeg
#12077 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

And you have confirmed that the opto is working?

My next step is to test the optos. Is there a particular way to do this? However, when the raptor pen is in "Capture" mode and the ball goes in, the rod/gate both come up and the rod subsequently releases correctly to the raised gate, so I've assumed the optos are working.

#12078 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Are you able to post a video showing the sequence to trigger the issue?

As of yet, I've not donated to Pinside, so I don't have that option. I can make a video soon and post it to YouTube and then provide a link here. or simply and better yet...donate to Pinside.

2 months later
#13131 2 years ago

Has anyone ever removed the moving T-Rex skin from the mechanism? Do you recall any gears, or just levers/cams? I've looked at the exploded view on IPDB and don't really see any gears. I removed the entire TRex assembly to diagnose a grinding noise, (which does kind of sound like slipping gears), but having a difficult time removing the skin. I disconnected the linkage from the moving assembly to the motor, and it appears the grinding noise may be coming from the motor shaft, but hard to pinpoint 100%. What's the procedure to remove the skin? Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mead, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Playfields
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
9,151 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seah2os.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=seah2os and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.