(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

76 days ago

Topic Stats

• 2,184 posts
  • 306 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by WizardsCastle
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 383 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191016_214044 (resized).jpg
15710958159767743544006814181020 (resized).jpg
15710956728905267595332833780067 (resized).jpg
15710956442566931538554539045655 (resized).jpg
15710956230783103893975899486259 (resized).jpg
15710955836258381530848738616066 (resized).jpg
20191014_135438 (resized).jpg
20191014_134718 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20191014_135330 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191012_142202 (resized).jpg
71902437_10157777389140555_4379022297063751680_o (resized).jpg
72810002_10157777392590555_325285610224877568_o (resized).jpg
72821934_10157777387825555_4383925221275467776_o (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20191012_003601 (resized).jpg
20190922_131419 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (56 days ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (55 days ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (55 days ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (54 days ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (53 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scribbles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 76 days ago

To early for an owners club? I think not! Since there are plenty of us who have ordered and paid in full, let's get this party started. Proud owner of a Pro model here. Hoping to take delivery in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait! This game looks action packed and fun as hell

#3 76 days ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Deposit on Premium paid. Very excited. Trading DP Pro in to get this...think i'll be okay with it!

I've played DP a few times in my local bar. I couldn't hear anything because of the noise, but it was fun. Congrats on the premium order!!

#6 75 days ago

The wait always kills me. This is my first NIB purchase, but even waiting to pick up a used machine is torture. I always worry someone will change their mind on a deal

#10 75 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I'm in on an LE but if not for a loved theme the Pro would have been fine for me. I wish they put more into the LE's to justify their cost to be honest. I already have invisiglass so just armor, art blades, and a shaker for a lot of money. Of course there's the real back glass which is awesome.

Agreed 100%. The shaker motor is $95, art blades about $80, and I have a local powder coater that does amazing work and charges $200 to do legs, rails, lock down and apron. It's a super cool theme and movie series. So universally appealing. I have a 12 year old daughter in law that's as excited as me

#13 75 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

The very reason I ordered a premium and a shaker

I ordered a shaker with my pro also! Lol. I have a feeling stern will be selling lots of shakers on this one.

#15 75 days ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm not much on shakers but JP seems to be a great fit for one as long as it's integrated well. I was pretty much out of adding pins then I played MUNSTERS and absolutely had to have one (I bought one). Later the same arcade had an IMDN and that was great too. The same happened with DP. I has just about settled on adding IMDN and now this. JP looks great! Damn you Stern! - so many great choices.

I agree, no better machine I can think of than jurassic park to add a shaker to! I mean its giant dinosaurs, right?!?!

#20 75 days ago

Just a quick search at target.com
Maybe over the raptor pen on the pro to replace the crappy flat plastic one?

Screenshot_20190802-105617_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#21 75 days ago

Or this

Screenshot_20190802-113533_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#25 75 days ago

Seems like most folks are going for the Premies!! Sweet machine. I wish I could get the premium graphics at the Pro level price.

#28 75 days ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I went LE on this one. I'm a sucker for the speaker light rings. I would've added everything anyway, at least I wont have to stare at the parts while waiting on my game to ship this time and do the "labor" (yes, I know, not that intensive).... *sigh* I just keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end.

Nice!! I like the green armor. I'll probably have mine powder coated to look like the LE

#36 75 days ago
Quoted from tpir:

Deposit in on a Premium. LFG.
Looking forward to laughing at pics of the Toys R Us conversions being lined up by some of you out there

Heeyyyy now......lol. Easy there...

#37 75 days ago

Those were just very quick Google searches. I bet I can find one almost exactly like the one in the Premium. Sure, it wont lunge forward, but whatevs. The flat plastic one on the pro looks pretty cheap. So us poor bastards gotta improvise

#44 74 days ago

Gotta share this with the group. I was at a local pinball/arcade bar last night and a couple was playing Gotg next to me and my fiancee. They obviously didn't know any of the rules and were saying things like "what do I do, where should I hit it, why is that flashing?". So, my fiancee, being very outgoing and friendly gave them a few quick tips and said "I only know because we actually own this game". The guy instantly became an ass and was dead set on convincing me that Stern games were generally garbage and could sometimes be fun if they were working. He said the main problem with Stern is that they only make 200 of each title and then abandon the title and move on to the next. I asked, "do you mean 200 limited editions?" He says no, 200 total, that's why they never work right. At that point, we both finished our game and just walked away. Where the hell do people come up with this stuff?

#48 73 days ago

Dumb question perhaps, but do the new spike systems need a battery replaced every so often? If so, can a NVRam chip be installed like on older sterns?

#51 73 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

In on an LE, though I swore I'd never buy another LE.
This game just looked too good!
Can't wait to see what Brian Eddy is up to!

Congrats! I love that green armor!

#52 73 days ago

In fact, I like that green armor so much on the LE, I'm looking at powder coat colors for my pro. Right now I'm digging this dark green metallic. Looks very jungle like to me.

Screenshot_20190804-224748_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#54 73 days ago
Quoted from libtech:

Make sure to post pics if you do, I was thinking the same thing for my prem, a nice dark green, I like that one (disco moss?) and ultra illusion green, something thats a green/black mix

I'll coat mine for sure, I do it to all my machines. Just a matter of what color. And yeah, I'll be happy to post some pics when it's done. Shhhhhhhhh, don't say the name of the color..... that's a secret

#56 72 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The Schleich velociraptor is pretty nice, and it’s the perfect size for that area.[quoted image]

That looks amazing! It makes the one Stern put in look like a cartoon drawing! I don't suppose anyone knows dimensions on the original stern toy??

#58 72 days ago
Quoted from Budman:

Hobby Lobby. I was there on another mission and saw some decent looking dinos in their toy area.

I'll have to stop in there and check it out.

#61 72 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What aboot the actual Original one here?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-club-hold-on-to-your-butts

Let's clean this mess up please TigerLaw

Yeah, and honestly, I fail to see the need for separate clubs for the LE/Premium and Pro. It's the same game except for Trex head and Raptor pen. Let's get everyone in the same boat club wise.

#63 72 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't like it at all...it's grasping to be elitist in a situation were everyone is laughably elitist.

And, when we want help from fellow pinsiders (we know there will inevitably be tech issues) it's nice to have one common group to post your question in. Versus posting in multiple threads.

#73 71 days ago

I like many of those!

#75 71 days ago

How many folks here have been fortunate enough to log in some plays on this machine? I wanna hear some reviews!!

#79 70 days ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I would love these 2 without freeplay. Thanks very much they look great.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those were my 2 favorites as well.

#81 70 days ago

Quoted from f3honda4me:Stern posted video on Facebook of the first JP being boxed up!

Ohhhh snap!! Maybe its mine!! Lol

#85 70 days ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

They look like this once trimmed in case anyone is looking for an easy way to print your own.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome! How can I get a set of those first two? The ones with the 2 Trex and the old school movie logo?

#86 70 days ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

[quoted image][quoted image]

These 2

#87 70 days ago

Has anyone done any nosing around for a molded helicopter toy to replace that cheap plastic "helicopter blade" on the pro?

#89 70 days ago

Jurassic Park Deep Dive updated with more info on the four main multiballs and one bonus MB, plus how to get to the three mini wizard modes!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/jurassic-park-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

#92 69 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Just following because I'm hoping to get one by Halloween

All good bud! I always felt the clubs should not just be for owners, but fans of the game as well. The more, the merrier

#95 69 days ago

So, after a bit or research, it looks like the helicopter from the original movie was made by a company named Agusta. Model #A109. So, I searched for scale models of that particular chopper. I didn't find one with the same paint scheme as the movie, but I did find one that is an Agusta chopper that looks very similar, and has a paint scheme that sort of matches the jeep toy Stern has installed. Thoughts??

20190807_145900 (resized).jpg
#99 69 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

They hunt in pairs, right?[quoted image]

Are those the schleik ones? If so, did you already recieve them?? Mine is supposed to take over a week. It's coming from overseas via amazon.

#104 69 days ago

I'll do the Raptor to mimic the premium/pro model, and since the helicopter is a static toy in the pro, I'll do a molded helicopter. I mean, that IS a legit shot that needs to be made in the game, and I feel like stern didn't do a great job highlighting the helipad.

#106 69 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

They hunt in pairs, right?[quoted image]

So, what are the actual measurements on these things now that you've got them in your hands? I have one ordered also, but the dimensions in the listing were kind of generic

#110 68 days ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Mods for this game are going to be great!

I agree. The game looks great, rules sound good so far, I'm ok with the artwork, animations look amazing! The one area I think stern was a bit lacking on was a few of the toys to highlight key shots. Especially the helipad and raptor pen on the pro model. Maybe even a better looking guard tower. So many possibilities for some nice mods to enhance the playfield.

#113 67 days ago
Quoted from jbug:

It indeed does. I like that very much. JP is the real deal. From the reveal, it looks like a game that you will not easily get bored with. I am going to wait though to see how Elvira stacks up, depending on if Stern shows it at Expo. If not I will get the premium JP and be happy.
Maybe a "Midnight Madness" mode will be added as they did with Munsters.

Was the Midnight madness mode on Munsters added after the game was released? Like via a code update? Because that would be amazing if they added it to JP sometime down the road!

#115 67 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

New Lego set. Complete with Malcom's chest [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why with the chest hair??? Lol!!

#117 67 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

6.5” from nose to tip of tail
1.5” wide
3.25” tall
Should fit nicely into that area.

Awesome!! I still don't know how you got them so fast. Lol. The only vendors I found on Amazon were in the UK.

#120 66 days ago
Quoted from jbug:

Yes, it was added after release via updated code and I agree with you that it would amazing.

Good to know, thanks for the info!

#122 66 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Whats with the need to have FREE PLAY in 32 point font on these apron cards? I am pressing start on a game in my basement, I know it's on free play.

Yeah, just a rule card on one side, and some nice art on the other side and I'm good. I do like the cards coindropper was kind enough to share with us

#124 65 days ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Would these be of any use instead? Just trying to make something that isn't the mustard yellow...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They all look awesome!

#136 64 days ago

I'm going to see if I can get my fedex/kinkos store to print some out for me this weekend and laminate them

#143 64 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

What size should they be printed?

Ive tried so many times to print cards on my own, and the size is NEVER correct....lol. That's why I'm taking some stock cards with me to Kinkos and letting them deal with it..... LOL

#144 64 days ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Just an FYI to all, as long as you have a smartphone you can walk into any bestbuy, Bluetooth to a premium photo printer and print it on photo paper. Did it for Simpson’s and it looks fantastic. No need for lamination.

What about the paper? Best buy just has photo quality paper loaded in their printers? I'm asking, not being snarky

#150 64 days ago
Quoted from lapean111:

That seems like stealing...

I suppose if you felt real guilty about it, you could always tell a sales person you wanted to "do a few test prints" to see how it performs before buying

#159 63 days ago

So excited!! The good reviews just keep rolling in on this game. It's my first NIB, and from the looks of it, I'm not going to regret it Thus far, I've not come across any negative reviews.

Mezel Mods has a machine! Let the mods begin!!

#162 63 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Can we talk helicopter spinner?
In one video you can see they added nuts to it to weigh one blade down so that it "resets" to a position.
The next video the helicopter's blades are a lot darker, two blades look to be smaller than the other two, and the nuts are now gone.
Am I seeing things? No one else noticed?

On the Pre/Le, are the blades spun simply by the momentum of the ball going by and hitting something like a spinner? Or, are the blades triggered by a switch like an opto? If it's a physical trigger, I'd say the blades might need to reset to a certain position, but with optic trigger I wouldnt think it wouldn't matter.

#176 63 days ago
Quoted from jbug:

No Kinkos in my area. When I search, I get FedEx locations. Did they snap up Kinkos? I once took card pics to FedEx to print and they refused to do it due to a concern about copyrights. I then took it to UPS and they had no problem but the girl who waited on me had a few problems doing it and wound up doing it for free because it took so long.

Yes indeed. To my knowledge, FedEx owns kinko's now.

#177 63 days ago

Does anyone have access to a rubber ring size list yet? Or a link to find it online?

#184 63 days ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Some apron cards, no additional text.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang Coindropper!! Those look very nice! Like prehistoric panoramic nature scene or something! I'm going to have to print off lots of different ones and swap them around every so often

#187 63 days ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Because you can go after Trex modes and control modes (which are user choice) it has a blend of both I think

Agreed, and also, the jeep flipping left or right can determine the path you head on the map. So yeah, I kind of get the feeling that it's sort of a hybrid. Maybe some folks who have logged in a few hours on the game can chime in on this

#195 62 days ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

The map layout is for the Paddock Modes. All Paddock Modes are based on the same exact concept, regardless of the dinosaur: the moving green arrow represents the dino, orange rescue shots represent workers. You're trying to capture the dinosaur and rescuing workers before they are eaten.
The thing that differs between Paddock Modes is how aggressively the dinosaur pursues workers, how many workers need to be rescued, and what perks you will be awarded after capturing the dinosaur. Once you've started a Paddock Mode, you're in it until you capture the dinosaur, and it continues across balls.
The other modes in the game (Control Room and T-Rex) are more traditional modes that can be selected, and will time out or end when you drain.
The Paddock Modes don't feel linear to me because they aren't: shoot X, then shoot Y, then shoot Z. They're more like a conceptual framework for capturing dinosaurs and rescuing workings that runs throughout the course of the game, and you'll often have other things going at the same time.
It's really quite unique, and I can't think of anything to compare it to.

That's *Mr.* Intergalactic to you. Oh, wait...
I LOVE it.
Missed a lot of shots the first two games I played and came away thinking some of the shots were too hard. Found my groove eventually and have become much more accurate.
So many satisfying combos and shots you won't find in other games: the Tower Ramp and the S shot are completely unique, the feed from the right orbit to the center of the upper right flipper is completely unique, and the way the truck requires you to unblock shots when it's in your way...as well as requiring you to hit it from different angles depending on it's current position and what you're trying to accomplish also feels totally unique.
The way Paddock Modes work is genius, and I find them extremely engaging to play. They force you to make a lot of decisions about what to prioritize, and those considerations are constantly changing based on how long it takes you to capture the dinosaur.
The animations are really amazing. I can't imagine how much work went into them.
There are no scoops to slow things down and take up space, and as someone who tries to play very slow and controlled, the game really encourages me to hit a lot of things on the fly. Not a ton of backhandable shots. If you don't flip the upper flipper, the ball will be out of control anyway, so you might as well hit something. Stuff like that.
On the downside, getting a multiball is difficult at the moment and a lot of games on this machine are going to be played without starting any. Some of the shots are pretty tight but pretty much every mode gives you several options of shots that will award progress (and the game isn't necessarily super punishing when you miss). I think the Paddock Modes probably aren't fun if you don't understand them, but cool stuff happens throughout the game even if you just shoot lit shots. It's not obvious when T-Rex and Paddock Modes are ready because the inserts are on a sign above the left ramp's return habitrail. The raptor tri-ball feels a little wood choppy right now, although I expect it will be less so on the Premium when it captures your ball.

Amazing write up !! Now I'm more excited than I was previously if that's possible. I spoke with Cointaker yesterday and was told they should recieve their first batch early next week. Then, they immediately ship out to customers. So, hopefully, 1 to 2 weeks on mine

#196 62 days ago

I recieved some powder coat swatches in the mail today along with a sample of green edge trim. I took a couple different angles to try and catch the metallic in them. What color you all like?

20190815_103238 (resized).jpg20190815_103258 (resized).jpg
#206 62 days ago
Quoted from PinFever:

got mine yesterday[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!! May I ask who you ordered through? And was it shipped or did you pick it up?

#212 62 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

So question for the group.....I was def going to get the premium but I stumbled into an original JP that I couldn't pass up. Am I crazy to go JP DE and Stern PRO instead of just Stern prem?
I actually think you can have both and really the prem perk mus have was dino biting which I'm getting with the DE. The DE Jurassic does satisfy my need for OG Jurassic with the art call outs, etc.
I might switch to pro! Yes I can just keep premium but that's a little too much on JP!

If you can get 2 for the same price (or close) to the cost of a single premium, and have the room, I say GO FOR IT!!! Plus, the pros ship earlier, just saying

#220 60 days ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone know when Le’s ship?

I was told "estimated late September, hopefully" by the distributor I bought my pro from.

#226 60 days ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

I’m probably gonna order a pro in the next week, and thinking this topper looks better then most I’ve seen out there.
https://tilttopper.com/shop?keywords=Jurassic&olsPage=products%2Fjurassic-park-pinball-topper
Not sure how to link videos to this site (computer challenged) but the link takes you to a video.
[quoted image]

That's pretty nice! Best I've seen

#228 60 days ago

Man oh man.... My fiancee and I are re watching the whole jurassic movie series. 1st movie, amazing!! Still holds up by today's standards. 2nd one, what a crap fest LOL!! Terrible story, bad acting by some of the cast, and the CGI seemed worse than the 1st movie?! Goldblum was the only major actor in a repeat role. Maybe there's a reason I don't remember much about this one. On to the 3rd installment soon

#234 58 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Looks liek mine is showing up this week; neato!

Awesome man! I'm jealous

#245 58 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can someone tell me how many balls JP uses?
I want to order Silverjets for it.

I just ordered 40 Ninja Chrome balls from Ball Baron for my machines. Never used them before, but I've heard good things. Same with the silverjets.

#247 58 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They are good on games that don't have magnets.

I did read about that, and I'm going to put that to the test. I'll be putting them in a RBION, and a GoTG along with my JP when it arrives. Apparently there is some debate as to which games actually cause the magnetism and how quickly it happens if at all. No better way to find out than throw some balls in there and get flipping I suppose.

#249 58 days ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I am in love

Spill it! Let's hear the details man!!

#259 58 days ago
Quoted from Groo:

My Pro being delivered on Friday morning. For the first time I've taken a day off for a new pin arrival. Debating to have them bring the Stern glass upgrade with them.

Did you tell them to go ahead and bring the shaker motor is the real question Congrats!!

#272 57 days ago
Quoted from Groo:

I had the shaker motor on TWD but didn't care for it all that much. May have not had it dialed in correctly though as it was quite loud and rattled a lot.

If it rattled, it wasnt attached securely, but I do get it. They arent for everyone or every game. However, this is Jurassic park. Perfect theme for a subwoofer and shaker if there ever was one

#289 57 days ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

***Tech question***
I plugged in a brand new bill acceptor into connector near cashbox but it didn't power on... customers were ready to play so I just put game in its place for now and covered bill slot...

I could be mistaken, because I don't have games on route, but I believe there's a setting in the menu you need to turn on to let the game know you have installed a bill acceptor. Maybe....

#304 56 days ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

For me, the post at the tip of the upper right flipper is constantly coming loose. I’ve tightened it three times already, and the last time it had completely come out less than two hours later.
Any tips?

Some blue loctite? It's not permanent. I believe Red is the permanent. Just the tiniest bit should be sufficient. Maybe someone else has a better solution though.

#307 56 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Code drop imminent.

What?! Fill us in buddy

#322 56 days ago

Has everyone seen the thread by Mezel Mods? He's developing some extremely nice mods that look to be ready sooner than later. The replacement guard tower looks awesome so far, and the raptor pen mod looks very cool also.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods#post-5159936

#369 55 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Can someone designate this as a Key Post for easy reference to this information?

How is that done?

#373 55 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Done.

People that have pinside “editor” can mark key posts.

Thank you sir

#390 54 days ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Code update went well. Game over animation added to the visuals along with many code polishes.

So, total amateur question here, but if I have a brand new SD card ready to go, what's involved in updating the code? Layman's terms, I'm no computer guru

#393 54 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Well put SD card away and get a USB stick with like 8GB, files are smaller than that but may as well be safe, and it is super easy. Download code, move two files to the usb stick, turn off game, put in stick, turn on game, follow display instructions

Well, hellz bellz.... its USB?!?! Why was I thinking SD? Does the stick need to be formatted any certain way or anything? The closest thing I've done to this is adding code for a color DMD on an older stern. Sounds very similar

#421 54 days ago

I'd like to know more about the audio output Jack for external subwoofer I believe I saw mentioned on the spec sheet. Can anyone confirm or deny its existence? Sure would be nice to have that as standard. I could have swore I read that somewhere.

#425 54 days ago
Quoted from estrader:

Does it come with the LE?

No sir, not to my knowledge. I'm going to look at the spec sheets again now

Screenshot_20190823-135559_Write on PDF (resized).jpg
#430 54 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

No sir, not to my knowledge. I'm going to look at the spec sheets again now[quoted image]

So can anyone clarify what the 2nd to the last line on the matrix chart is?? The CPU mounted audio output for external amplification? Is that suitable for a subwoofer output? What the hell is it?? Lol

#435 54 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It’s just a PinOut on the CPU board for the headphone jack accessory. It’s not a 3.5mm jack on the board.
If you want a subwoofer output, get this:
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=48

Thanks Kermit! That's exactly what I have on my GoTG machine. I was hoping Stern had stepped up their game and put a 3.5mm output factory installed.

#463 54 days ago

Mine shipped this morning. I'm hoping for delivery early/mid next week. I AINT SKEERED UH' NO CLEAR COAT POOLIN' !!

#511 53 days ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I have a Pro at home since last week and had both these issues happen to me, over and over. I think I can probably stick something UNDER the van that might prevent the ball from getting stuck there (it got stuck there 4 times already) but not sure what to do about the post that keeps loosening, no matter how tight we make it....grrrrr.

Blue loctite, I'm putting a drop of it on my post as soon as the game arrives.

#596 52 days ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Would like to get an overview of the code depth & mode progression. Are the modes random or linier? Also, how would you compare JP's code depth to another title? Is JP's code SW's/BM66 deep, or BKSR/Munsters shallow? I tried asking this on a different JP thread w/ no response. There appeared to be several JP threads, so is this the official go-to JP thread?

You'll get an answer here for sure. Keith himself explained some of the modes and such a few pages back. Plenty of people here have already taken posession of their machines and I'm sure can help you out better than I. The game definitely isnt shallow, and progression is kind of linear with side modes to help distract you. Like I say, someone here can explain it better. I wont have mine for another 3 or 4 days.

#599 52 days ago

Anyone have a count on how many post sleeves are in JP? I looked at the manual on sterns website, and see no mention of them. The hard plastic black ones that came in my GoTG were total crap, and I'm ordering replacements.

#608 52 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

If Stern just blows off people who contact them about chipping on their playfields, then they would deserve the same criticism. I don't know if that's the case with them or not. I have a JP2 on order, and I hope I don't have to find out. Playfields should not chip or show these types of issues in less than a year. They just shouldn't. I know from my experience how JJP responded to my contacts with them about chipping on my POTC. Silence.
I called JJP to ask for advice on how to secure/repair my chipping. Nothing more than that. Just asking for advice. Their response? "We'll get back to you." 2 weeks later I call again. "We'll get back to you". Repeat that same cycle a couple more times. And all I was asking for was advice on how best to lay the chip back down. That's all I requested on each call and they wouldn't even get back to me about it. With my machine out of the 30 day warranty I knew advice was all I really could ask for. Did I think they should have offered more of a resolution than what I was asking for? Absolutely yes if they wanted to maintain a good customer relationship. But I left it for them to choose what, if anything else, they would do. They chose to do nothing more than sell an unpopulated playfield AND charge shipping for it. They made their choice, so I'm making mine and not buying from them again. Their product has a very important component that has issues which call into question how the playfield will last long term and they're unresponsive about it. That's not the type of company I'll purchase from again.
I think it's that dismissing/ignoring of the customer that has been the most disappointing (and yet also enlightening) thing about the whole issue with JJP. Now on Pinside I see the issue popping up with some Stern machines. I'm hoping I don't run into this same situation with JP2 or, if it does happen, maybe Stern will have some better assistance. Fingers crossed (but not holding my breath).

Well thought out post man. I've never owned a JJP machine due to the cost, but I've played some on location. I've always admired the build quality on those machines. That's pretty disappointing to hear about your experience with their customer service. JP2 is my first ever new in box experience, and from what I'm hearing, Stern is much more responsive in dealing with customer problems, and quality control issues. Fingers crossed, both of us (and everyone else) never have to find out first hand.

#623 51 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

We are twins with game 4 gate breaks! For what it is worth sent picture and serial number to Chas at Stern and he said one would be in the mail...but in all honesty I kind of like how it plays without the gate.

If it plays well without the gate, what exactly was the gate there for? I understand it's a 1 way gate, so the ball would enter and not roll back out. What does the ball do now? Does it still feed to the left flipper?

#719 50 days ago

Dumb question here. On Sterns website, there are 2 files for the .87 code update. 1 says game code, tje other is read me. Do I download both onto my USB stick? Or 1 or the other?

#721 50 days ago
Quoted from shaub:

You don't need the "read me", it just tells you the changes that were made.

Thank you sir!!

#725 50 days ago

I want some of the Stern art blades to put in my pro. Not aftermarket ones. Has anyone seen them for sale yet?

#747 50 days ago

Those are very close to the stern ones in the LE, but different. I have spoken with retro via email. I wouldn't mind those, but their turn around time is weeks since they're in the U.K.

#758 50 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my pro today, zero issues out of the box, playfield looks perfect, they put metal washers under the sling posts.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome news! May I ask the build date on your machine?

#761 50 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My game is waiting for me in a friend’s garage. I know that one of three things will definitely happen:
1. The playfield will be fine, or
2. There will be minor issues and I’ll live with them, or
3. There will be serious issues, and Stern will take care of me.
TBH, I’m getting tired of coming to this Owner’s Thread and reading all the speculation and naysaying from people who don’t have the game in their homes yet, or maybe never will. Let’s hear more from the current owners! That’s what I’m here for.

Amen brother!! I definitely want to hear from everyone as they receive their machines and see how it plays out, but I too am tired of the straight up speculation. I think it's awesome Stern is willing to ship out populated playfields if needed. I should have my game by the end of the week and I have no worries due to the 3 reasons you listed above. I can't wait to take possession of this machine!!

#762 50 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sure, August 20, just a few days ago. Got my game from cointaker, they do a great job.
Came with 0.86 code so I need to update it.
Plays great too.

I ordered mine from cointaker as well, it shipped from their warehouse last Friday. I sure hope mine comes updated also

#787 50 days ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Hope if you ever have to change a Factory installed Stern coindoor lock out you don't have to deal with this.[quoted image]

Why is this being posted in the JP owners club??

#823 49 days ago

FINALLY! Picking mine up from the shipping hub today!!

Cant be any worse than my GOTG for left drains. At least I sure hope not

#828 49 days ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

While I wait for my LE, I would absolutely like to continue to hear how about JP playfield issues. Keep letting us know, it is very much appreciated!!

I THINK it's ok to report the status of your personal playfield to other owners. THINK being the key word. BUT, Admins have been very very very clear about taking the speculation, drama, and bickering about jjp vs. Stern elsewhere. Amen....

#843 49 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

so many places to put the ball. Feels fresh and is incredibly satisfying to nail.

We are still talking about pinball? Right??

#851 49 days ago

FINALLY!!! But alas, I must go back to work. No time to play... And, the cabinet artwork is much better in person. Its darker overall than the pictures led me to believe.

20190828_173314 (resized).jpg
#882 49 days ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Ok now loose the Ripley's and slide in a Wonka

Oh heck no....lol. Ripleys is a blast to play. One of my favorites. Its staying with me forever

#885 48 days ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Hmm. Going to need to fix this, got stuck there twice in 5 minutes and won’t free.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How in the world is this happening??? I played mine extensively last night. No flipper post coming loose, only 1 raptor pen hang up (came loose with a quick nudge), and definitely no weird jams like the one shown here. I do however find it annoying that the ball rarely makes it up the to the helipad with full plunge.

#897 48 days ago

Am I the only one who thinks the playfield is in serious need of additional lighting? Not tacky colored stuff, just plain clear light to illuminate the center of the field. I am getting old man eyes though, so who knows.

#924 48 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Spring tension from lowest to highest: (from pinball life)
------------------------------------------
Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Red (10-148-2)

That's very interesting because my owners manual lists orange as the spring that comes with it, but theres a green in my game..... sheeeeesh.....no wonder the damn ball doesnt make it up.... That's 2 colors stiffer!

#929 48 days ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Our Stern Jurassic Park GameBlades are currently on sale for a week.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/jurassic-park-stern

Buying a set right now!

#931 48 days ago

Also, if anyone cares, my pro had very slight pooling around 1 of the small sling posts. Washers on large sling posts, but zero pooling. I have installed washers under my small posts as a precaution. My 2 cents worth, none of the 4 posts were very tight. Perhaps the looseness of the posts, coupled with the tension of the rubber, is allowing the posts to pull or tilt inwards ever so slightly, causing the ripple in the clear? Please, no bashing stern, or jjp references. I'm just offering my thoughts to other owners

#943 48 days ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Joined the club! Through some quick pinsider magic, got one today.
Had an unfornately long computer battle to get it updated. I eventually beasted it out and won the war of progress bars.
Only ended up getting a couple games in but I'm obviously loving it.
Getting a lot of left ramp rejects and my plunger is too weak to consistently plunge the ramp. Going to investigate those tomorrow. (any pointers?)
Otherwise I'm really looking forward to figuring out the game. Certainly wasn't expecting to get a new game today but it's looking like it's going to be a fun holiday weekend. Took off tomorrow. Coffee and dinos are on the breakfast menu.

My owners manual says the game should come with an "orange tension spring" in the plunger. However my machine has a green spring. That's 2 stages weaker than orange...... looks like we may just need stiffer springs??

Edit: you mean your flipper is too weak to get up the guard tower ramp? Or your plunger is too weak to get up to the helipad on ball launch?

#974 47 days ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

I changed mine to orange, seems perfect now

I've ordered an orange spring as that's what the manual calls for and the green seems very underpowered. Until it arrives, I guess i deal with it Good to know that fixed the issue

#981 47 days ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Actually I think it's Houdini that has power issues from the substations, sunspots or the Russian satellites having effects on the machine.
I'd look at those coil stops for flipper issues on J. Park, seems that is the first place to suspect.

I ordered some coil stops along with my orange spring, some clear nylon washers, and other assorted "cheap fix items" just to have on hand. Hell, the shipping costs more than the parts do if you order them individually. Like the boy scout motto says "Always be prepared"

#1024 46 days ago

Bye bye crappy plastic raptor standup!! Hello Schleick lifelike raptor!!

20190831_181152 (resized).jpg20190831_182326 (resized).jpg20190831_182424 (resized).jpg
#1033 46 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I set up my born-on-Aug21 JP2 this morning before heading off for the weekend. No issues that I could see, but I snapped pics for the thread anyway. I had a small panic when I thought I saw a long crack in the inlane clear, that turned out to be the edge of the mylar. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine has an August 19 date and I see no issues either

#1036 46 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Ah yeah. If there’s not a hole in the backboard, I’ll just cut Rex in half with my tablesaw. My golden rule is: “all mods must be reversible”.

If that's a success, you gotta send me a like to that trex!

#1050 46 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Update: Found the cause - broken coil stop on the flipper. Pillaged one from Star Wars and I’m back up for now!

I ordered 5 coil stops in my "be prepared" stuff I mentioned a few posts back. Apparently it's not uncommon for them to break. Who knew..... I've had a Ripleys for years, and a Guardins for a while now and never had an issue.

#1065 45 days ago

Hey swampfire, did I see a raptor mounted by the pen in the corner of one of your pics?? If you have it done, I'm curious how you mounted it. I made a small rod with an eye hole at one end out of a piece of coat hanger. Mounted the eye under an existing screw. The other end of the rod simply goes up into my Raptors belly securing him nicely. The rod isn't visible at all once its mounted.

#1082 45 days ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Am I the only person who doesn't see any reason to go for the Raptor pit shot, at least with the code "as is"? Even after 3-4 shots and we "capture" the Raptor, no points are given and the ball just rolls back down into play. Woo-hoo, real exciting. Then after trying to hit it another 8-10 times, maaaaybe you get the Tri-Raptor multi-ball, which I've gotten once_ in two weeks, I believe. Lots of drains down the middle though, when trying to hit the Raptor cage.
Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the game and its shots! In fact, I actually really like the Raptor cage too (the sounds when you hit it, the lights) but there are very few POINTS attached to much of it, and it takes forever the get the multi-ball, despite the toughness of the shot.
HOPEFULLY this is one of the aspects they improve in next code update...

I've actually played multiple games where all I did was shoot for the raptor pen, just to get raptor MB, and familiarize myself with which shots work, and which don't. Bottom line for me: it's a lot of work to get to raptor MB, and high risk for drains shooting at the pen. Perhaps they should decrease the difficulty and increase the reward a bit.

#1093 44 days ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

I purchased the longer thread, but decided against it. After measuring, I didn't think it would fit with the nut. People might not like it, but I just used JB Weld and screwed it back in, then added a green rubber to it.[quoted image]

Oddly enough, my flipper post hasn't come loose 1 time yet. I put a green sleeve on it first thing, and made sure it was tightened down nicely from the get go. Theres probably 40 or 50 plays on it now, with no signs of loosening

#1124 43 days ago

With and without Pinstadium lighting. 1 set is in a dark room, the other set is with overhead light on above machine.

20190903_214654 (resized).jpg20190903_214805 (resized).jpg
#1131 43 days ago

I love em!! Its not for everyone, but they are staying put on my machine. Just throwing the pics out there for anyone curious. No need to dedicate 10 pages to debating the pros and cons of them. That's another thread altogether.

#1147 42 days ago

I've downloaded the .87 code from Stern, I've unzipped the file. I see the 2 files stern says should be there. What exactly am I copying to the USB stick? Both files? Just the larger file? One file has a stack of books icon next to it and is significantly smaller. Sorry for the dumb question....

#1149 42 days ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Copy the 2 files that you unzipped to the USB.

So both files then?? I'm confused because the stern site says "file/s"

#1151 42 days ago

Thanks, sorry, this is all new to me. And I'm not the most computer literate guy

#1156 42 days ago

Uugghhhh, sorry again. So I'm home now, and theres 2 USB ports in my game side by side. Neither is labeled, and the manual says nothing that I can find. Which port am I supposed to use.

#1163 42 days ago

SUCCESS!! On the update. Thanks everyone. Man oh man, that shaker comes alive now!! Coupled with a powered 12" sub, its amazing

#1186 41 days ago

Anyone else spotted the small black and white photo of Keith Elwin on the display when starting one of the paddock modes (I believe). Looks like hes in a photo on a desk smoking a pipe or something....lol. But I only caught a quick glance

#1203 40 days ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Does the plunger spring feel to weak to anyone else? It doesn't make it up the ramp half of the time.

Put an orange spring in it. Problem solved. The manual says Orange, my game had a green....lol.

#1207 40 days ago
Quoted from Nameim:

I have a premium on order. Does the game come with a printed manual?

Yes, it does

#1219 40 days ago

Just got the call. Powder coat is done and ready for pickup!!! I'll post pics later this evening

#1227 40 days ago

Initial pictures. I tried to get a few different angles. The color is "illusion gambler" by Prismatic Powders. It's a metallic gloss and shifts from lighter to darker depending on how the light hits it. On to the install...

20190906_191019 (resized).jpg20190906_191035 (resized).jpg20190906_191122 (resized).jpg20190906_191226 (resized).jpg
#1231 40 days ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

What are the chances the premiums are going to have better playfields? I'd imagine all the playfields are already made. Are they going to just toss them and redo them right or just throw some washers on the posts and call it good?
I went through the same sort of thing with my TNA, I did get another playfield for it, but who the F wants to do a playfield swap on a new game

I read on a previous post here, that Stern had shipped populated playfields if necessary. In a custom fit box and everything. Just unplug a few cables swap, and replug. Done. This isnt something I've witnessed firsthand, but someone here said they had it done.

#1233 40 days ago

Done! I wish the lighting was better. It looks amazing in person.

20190906_203358 (resized).jpg
#1240 40 days ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ya I wouldn't use those plastic leg protectors on the game, nothing bad bad news with those and decals typically, I imagine the metal plates are in place and that should be enough?

I took the stock Stern protectors off. Is that not good? My GoTG machine is the same way and it's never been an issue. I don't beat my games around much.

#1241 40 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

One of my favorite custom powdercoat

Thanks man!

#1251 39 days ago
Quoted from libtech:

Looks sweet! How many post rubbers did you need? Want to order some green ones
Drfinately use the stock corner protectors, those kind will wrinkle your decals

I ordered a dozen post sleeves, and had a few leftover. Always good to have spares anyway

#1258 39 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Had a party last night for some local pinheads, everyone loves JP2. I’m going to try to hook up a subwoofer today, T-Rex modes need it!

The subwoofer addition is KILLER on this machine along with the shaker. If you look at the picture of my machine a few posts back, you'll see a 12" Polk audio nestled down below it

#1266 39 days ago
Quoted from catchlight:

How did you hook the subwoofer up? Is there a pre out like in home theater receivers?

No pre amp outputs unfortunately. There are 2 ways to hook up. 1: if your sub has high level inputs, you can just put some alligator clips on the large speaker in the cabinet and run some speaker wire to your sub. I did this for a while on GoTG and it works ok. The best way I'm aware of is to buy a little kit from Pinnovators for $35 that plugs into your sound board and gives you actual RCA outputs to run to your sub. That's what I'm running now. I got cleaner better bass using their board vs. The cheap high level input method.

#1282 38 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m really happy with the music on this game. Lots of variety, and it really builds up the excitement. I even love the sound when the ball is waiting in the shooter lane.

Agreed. Our family also enjoys the comments if you wait to long to plunge the ball. So far we've heard 3 or 4 different ones

#1301 38 days ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

It is taking a really long time to download these files from sterns website. Maybe they have an issue on their end.

I'm assuming you have nothing else on the stick? I updated successfully first try and I had no clue what I was doing. Just make sure your stick is good, and has nothing else on it. I did full update, not quick. And I did verify.

#1323 37 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am getting a jp and am not sure about pro or pre,what do folks think about the dinosaur,does it do anything other than catch and throw,or is it used as a ball lock,if not used as a lock is it not just slowing down the game,looks cool though

To my knowledge, there is no physical ball lock on any version of JP2. The Trex just catches the ball and throws or places it.

#1325 37 days ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Doesn’t the raptor pit function as a ball lock of sorts for one ball?

I'm not 100% certain, but I didn't think so. It wouldnt make much sense, given the rule set to achieve raptor tri ball. I know theres a motorized gate on the premium/le that makes a neat addition. Maybe I'm mistaken ?

#1327 37 days ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Pretty sure the Stern feature video for the prem/le shows this.
Right around the 0:45 mark

Interesting, I stand corrected. I wonder how the rule set is different from the pro then. Since the ball has to be hit into the pen area and targets about 500 times before getting raptor tri ball?

#1362 36 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think I’ve pulled the plunger on this game 5 times in 200 games. I just like using the autolaunch. Had to dial it in, but it makes the ramp 98% of the time for me now.

How did you dial in the auto launch? Mine is about a 60/40 chance of making it. Not for lack of power, but just seems "out of whack". Like something isnt quite right adjustment wise.

#1370 36 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just kept trying different coil strengths until I found a setting I was happy with.
Anybody else getting this ball trap? I’ve had it maybe 3 times. I know it looks like the raptor toy is the problem, but it’s not touching him.
[quoted image]

YES!! Like 4 or 5 times in a dozen or so games. With the original raptor plastic, the ball would roll out from behind it. But our new toy raptor likes to hang the ball up. I've already made a guard rail from some spare lane guides I had on hand. Used existing bolts to secure it

20190910_211858 (resized).jpg20190910_212047 (resized).jpg
#1384 35 days ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Yeah it is removed. The ball moves but sometimes when it hits the other ball it bounces up an inch or so and sits there instead of coming back down to sit on the other ball.

I'm assuming you adjusted the pitch of the playfield correctly? If mine is just slightly more level than it should be, the truck can "float" in between positions. Flipper delay, maybe an unusually large gap in the flipper contacts??

#1402 35 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Finally got a chance to play a pro version yesterday. Very fun game except for one thing. Is the right outlane a ball sucker or maybe the one I played? Do owners feel the same way that its seems a bit unbalanced and thats how it is? I mean it was laughable.

Agree with Thelaw. If anything, the left side is a bit greedy.

#1438 34 days ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Jurassic 97 is Better !
Sega rules...
Lol
JK this pinball is absolutely addicting.
Love It!

Agreed! Very addictive game. Your mention of the data east JP made me think of some of the folks who have rated the stern JP at like 5.5. I realize enjoyment is a subjective thing, but 5.5....... come on guys.... stop hating just to hate. The Stern JP is a great game, regardless of how fond one may be of the data east version.

#1445 33 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Are they making the production run of LE's before the Premium, sorry noob to the hobby not sure of Stern's production order...

Yes, I believe its pros first, then LE, then lastly Premiums.

#1466 32 days ago

So, how does one go about lighting the clear "escape" insert in the left outlane? I've done it multiple times but I dont know how I'm doing it.

#1470 32 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Roll
Over switch to upper left of pop bumper area to get it flashing at target on lower left side. Shoot target while flashing to light escape.

Thanks! I'll have a look at that. Which target will be rlashing?

#1471 32 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I played a friend’s JP2 tonight and it seemed to play so much better. Finally figured out that it was about 1 degree steeper. The back legs were raised maybe 3/4”. Huge difference, somehow.

Did your friend have the stock black rubbers still on or not? Mine plays 10x better with Titans all around. The stock black Stern rubbers feel "clunky" in comparison

1 week later
#1675 23 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Definitely check the alignment of the autoplunge fork. If it’s not dead center on the ball it can make a big difference in power.

How does one go about aligning the fork? I've noticed on mine the right finger touches the ball, the left does not by a smidge. I'm assuming this is an alignment issue?

#1695 23 days ago

Got my first decent (not embarrassing since I own the game) high score tonight!!! Ironically after 3 or 4 beers!

20190923_214328 (resized).jpg
#1731 21 days ago

Do all three models have CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification.

None of the models have a line out for subs. The 2 options are 1: run a speaker wire from the sub in the cabinet to the high level inputs on the Polk. 2: Buy the $35 kit from Pinnovators that plugs directly into the games sound board and creates a dedicated line out to run to your Polk sub. I've done it both ways. The Pinnovators method delivers louder, cleaner bass hands down.

#1735 21 days ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

the shaker motor and its a bit intense if you ask me. Can that be backed off in software?

Yes, there is a setting in the software. Easy cheezy.

What exactly does “CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification.” mean? It’s on the Stern feature of the JP2

I asked the same thing. Apparently it means stern has "prepped" the board for an output, but it's not there. Lol. At least that's all I could find on the matter.

#1759 21 days ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

And the chipping started. 102 plays[quoted image]

I'd contact your distributor. Thus far, my Pro play field is still 100%, but the moment I see actual chips, I'm making the call. I do feel confident that Stern will make it right

#1771 19 days ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I don’t think side to side impacts are hard enough to matter. But if you want, you could triangulate it with the post on the right loop plastics.

It certainly couldn't hurt to install a bracket like this. I'd buy one just for safetys sake.

#1776 19 days ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Its a far bigger gap, its poor design as it wedges inbetween 2 plastics and the ramp, solution being remove area to get stuck as a whole.

Check out my pictures/solution. Post #1370.

#1797 18 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have the early Pro with all the art under the posts, and I haven’t seen any playfield issues in over 300 games. In fact when I look under the post washers, it looks like they were never there. I’m feeling lucky right now because I have the “extra art and clearcoat” version, but I do know that can change 6 months from now. Will definitely post here if I notice any changes.

Same here, fingers crossed

Quoted from Peanuts:

From Keith Elwin today on Tilt Forums, about JP :
"Stuff nobody cares about right now become huge in the next update (Fossils, smart missile and especially super supply drops)"
That sounds great!

Another update? Awesome!!

#1805 17 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Which shaker motor is best. I hated the red tremor. I prefer more of soft rumble like Houdini. Pinball life? Stern?

Both of my motors came from cointaker. Not sure what brand they were. But I would definitely describe them as a soft rumble. My only complaint is the bolts that came included were a bit short, I bought longer ones.

#1807 17 days ago

That must be what cointaker sells as well. Mine look just like that. It appears Pinball Life has the better price though