(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,327 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 minutes ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13890 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

My distributor is in Oregon....ordered 7/3/21.....still nothing.

I also posted this in the stern what's on the the line thread. My JP Prem that I ordered back in Oct shipped out directly from Stern on 5/19. The previous update from my distributor was that I was going to miss the April build (which was reportedly pushed to July) due to reduced allocation and probably wouldn't see mine until maybe Q4 or '23. Needless to say I was quite surprised to get the call this past week.

On a side note, I can happily recommend Jarrett @ Gulf Coast Pinball. He's a real stand-up guy, easy to work with and the best price I could possibly hope for all things considered. It might be worth checking if he has any available from this current batch.

1 year later
#18080 8 months ago

Add me to the list of raptor gate issues after the update. It now cycles up and down once or twice after power on and then stops. During a game it cycles up and down a few times, waits for a couple seconds and then repeats.

Interestingly enough, my game reports a tech alert for the up switch not reading properly with this new behavior. Initially I went through all the switch and mech tests which passed fine. I was really confused until I came here to see if there was an adjustment I had missed. It is curious it doesn't affect all games. Here's hoping this is a quick turn patch release for Monday.

#18198 8 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

For what it's worth, I think Stern stood up on this one. Yes, its frustrating because our babies were broken, and yes its crazy how this bug was not caught by the internal team of people at Stern, but software is a tough row to hoe. Even this big boys ship bugs. Apple, Microsoft, etc all ship show-stopper bugs by accident and have to reship midnight updates in a few certain cases.
I will turn my machine on tonight and let it update to 1.11.... happily.

The team worked over the weekend to find root cause, develop a fix and complete testing. It is obvious that there was a unique hardware dependency to the bug that their test machines didn't have. Take it from someone who has spent decades in compute and cloud server HW design, testing and deployment, these type of problems are impossible to avoid and typically only show themselves after a release. The response is what to pay attention to and the Stern JP team really did a great job resolving this....irrespective of how many hopes and dreams were destroyed over the course of the dark four days.

#18205 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Actually, showing the serial could potentially be helpful with authenticating sometime in the future if/when you were selling.

True, but the converse is possible where someone uses the image to make a scam ad more believable. Also insurance claims require serial numbers, so could be used in insurance fraud. The semi-recent KLOV arcade scam comes to mind.

What a weird left turn this thread has taken

#18388 8 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

My truck was starting to stick from time to time so I thought it was a good time to do the swap for the JP jeep.
Thanks to Mr_Tantrum for the write up for this mod!
[quoted image]

For those looking, here is the great write-up from @mr_tantrum. This really should be a key post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/162#post-5967641

I used these instructions to guide me through my install and I eventually came up with an alternate solution. Instead of using the "JP12" model, I used the seemingly more available "JP18" - $13 from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VZ13NP4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00

I modeled up and printed my own custom mount.
Screenshot 2023-08-24 142639 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-08-24 142639 (resized).pngPXL_20230822_213845608 (resized).jpgPXL_20230822_213845608 (resized).jpgPXL_20230822_214005533 (resized).jpgPXL_20230822_214005533 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#18731 7 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Found an annoying co-op bug today, Not sure if anyone else has seen this.
If you both log in with insider connected then start a co-op game. Everything works fine. After the game is over, if you just hit the start button again, it doesn't start another co-op game. It starts a two-player game where each person is on their own.
The only way it seemed to start another co-op game still logged in is to log out then log back in then select co-op again.
I even tried holding in both flippers while we're still logged in after the end of the game, but it never brings up the option to select the mode.

Yeah, I found playing multiple co-op games in a row unnecessarily tedious as well. Also if you hold the start button for a game restart in the middle of a co-op game, it will restart back to normal play. I am curious if TMNT co-op behaves the same. It might be intentional. I sent in a request to Stem to change this. Wouldn't hurt if they heard it from more people.

#18790 7 months ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Funny someone mentioned this. I asked Jada Toys themselves like 2 years ago if they'd consider making the Ford Explorer in the same scale as the Jeep (the Jeep that works for us/JP). I followed up multiple times and even said, "BTW a lot of people are buying the 1:24 Jeep to use as a mod for their JP pinball machine. You really should do the Explorer at the same scale." They denied my request but then as we now know, they recently put out a 1:32 Explorer version for the JP movie 30th anniversary.
I got one the Explorers today and tried to install it/replace the Jada Jeep with it. Didn't work out. Even though the scale is the same-ish as the 1:24 Jeep, the Explorer is just millimeters longer. No matter what I tried (moving around drill holes etc. etc.) the Explorer will hit the loop ramp no matter what. It's SO close to being ok... The only idea I have now is to somehow "lower" the post its attached to or try to "lift" the ramp so that the front/back of the Explorer can't hit the ramp. I don't see a viable way to do either without jeopardizing the functionality of my machine or breaking something else. Maybe others have ideas? Some photos attached. (The yellow tape BTW is just me trying to align drill holes with my currently working / aligned Jeep).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How much lower does it need to drop in order to clear?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.