(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbyirl5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5513 3 years ago

Hello all, proud owner of a JP Premium. Had it for about a month, but finally have given it the time it deserves. Bought it at the same time as a JJ POTC, and somehow got dragged into mastering (to the best of my amateur skills would allow) it first. So moving over to JP, it is a totally different play style, much faster and initially didn't seem as deep, but as I get further into it, could be wrong about that assessment.

My first comment is that I got my high score before I had any idea what the rules were, just stacking multi-balls and keeping balls from draining. Building back up to that score (360M, which I know isn't great) setting and completing modes (paddocks), and know that eventually that will get me much further along.

That said, the game is driving me nuts with fast outlane drains that I can't seem to figure out what sort of nudge will save me. Maybe it's just pinball (and that's a fair answer, I'll still play!), but would love to hear that there is a nudging strategy for those outlanes. It's like the inlane post is higher, so once it gets past that, pretty much hosed a good majority of the time.

The other odd thing that has been happening, ever few plunges, the ball sticks/hangs in the little loop above the right inlane where the ball comes down. Im thinking it might just be one of the balls in the rotation, either magnetized or possibly even a little bigger? Assuming magnetized because it never happened before.

Anyway, would love to have any pointers to strategy guides or videos or comments on what will allow me to get the best scoring (did determine that the control room modes are good and big points), finally hit a smart missile and that was pretty huge, and made it about halfway up the map. The videos that I found are just about the rules more or less, not strategies to score well.

Back at it!

Thanks all

#5532 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Best advice is to keep the ball from heading to the outlanes in the first place. Practice making shots, try to set things up so you can collect multiple awards from the difficult shots (O) to minimize attempts at them. Don't always flip at balls coming past the upper flipper if there's nothing lit on the tower or upper loop... misses introduce side to side action, and you can usually gain control of the ball on the lower flippers if you let it pass. The spitter shot is relatively easy to make and misses are forgiving;, try to setup dino captures here and use it as a safety shot for out of control balls.
Left outlane save is critical - if its not lit, shoot the spitter until you get a dribble into the pops.. this lites "lite escape" target. Shoot this target anytime its lit as left outlane drains are very common.
Don't be afraid to loosen the tilt liberally as well

Great advice thank you!

#5534 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just curious, since you have POTC JJP and JP Premium, which do you like better? I just got my JP Premium Monday and love it so far. Not planning on adding POTC given the cost. Maybe if JJP decided to make more but not at current price points.

It’s really great, but feels like slow motion (widebody) after playing Jurassic Park. Rules are very deep, so the learning curve is pretty steep, to me it would be a terrible game for location where you’d have to pay to learn. There are so many variations of gameplay that it really does keep you coming back wanting more. I’m still learning but took a break for some JP. If I had to choose to keep one (at this point in time), I’d lean towards pirates. For the first week i owned both, I liked JP better (Much easier to pickup and play and make cool things happen) and almost forced myself to play Pirates. But when I got hooked, it was all over. If you played NES, I’d compare JP to Super Mario Brothers, and POTC to,Zelda. Both amazing, but in their own ways. As I started this thread off with, I haven’t really figured out JP (like always knowing where my next shot has to go without looking around) so my opinion could obviously change as I do.

Hope this helps!

#5542 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Best advice is to keep the ball from heading to the outlanes in the first place. Practice making shots, try to set things up so you can collect multiple awards from the difficult shots (O) to minimize attempts at them. Don't always flip at balls coming past the upper flipper if there's nothing lit on the tower or upper loop... misses introduce side to side action, and you can usually gain control of the ball on the lower flippers if you let it pass. The spitter shot is relatively easy to make and misses are forgiving;, try to setup dino captures here and use it as a safety shot for out of control balls.
Left outlane save is critical - if its not lit, shoot the spitter until you get a dribble into the pops.. this lites "lite escape" target. Shoot this target anytime its lit as left outlane drains are very common.
Don't be afraid to loosen the tilt liberally as well

That was great advice about chilling on the upper flipper. I still have not mastered the tower or upper loop, so I get a bunch of bounce backs, creating lateral motion towards those outlanes. Tried leaving it alone, and just got my high score, 460M. Baby steps....

#5615 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

BOO!
#TeamTower will have you back any time

I’m back on team tower, got better at hitting it more regularly.

1 week later
#5692 3 years ago

Is there any sort of award for the longest possible ball without touching any sort of switch, only bouncing off of and between rubber? I feel like I may have won it tonight. Maybe just the game of pinball, maybe just being off by a hair on timing, but this game sometimes feels like it needs to break in a little, almost too tight. Just had a ton of what in basketball you call rim-f'd, and pool you'd call pocket-f'd, what looks like a perfect shot bounces between rubber 50 times before being rejected back at me. Not sure what you say in pinball! I'm learning to just turn off the machine and walk away. Some days I've got it (feel like I can't miss), but not tonight, so here I am typing about it!!

2 weeks later
#5954 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

I can stop mine on the left flipper by just holding it up. It should definately drop on the left flipper.
Have you set your game at the right angle?
Mine is on 6.8 degree

Mine also drops on the left flipper. I feel like mines right at 6.5°, but I keep seeing a lot about 6.8. Worth giving a try adding 3/10 of a degree?

1 week later
#6049 3 years ago

I love it, it's fun to play, probably my favorite theme, and fits well into my collection. I've struggled trying to accel/improve with this game, so tried just about everything, and I've played a lot (3-4 hours at a time). Started per the instructions at 6.5 degree playfield angle, went to 7 degrees, as that was the general consensus here (made the control room and helicopter shots easier, but increased the SDTM and high speed sling to out-lane drains), and then dropped back to 6.8 (another recommendation here), and it works best for me (I think!) But I just can't figure out how to improve, and I brick so many damn shots. My high score is in the neighborhood of 600M, and I can get a few hundred million and 3-4 paddocks (past the T-rex a couple times) in most games, but my big games all come from keeping multi-balls alive, which is quite the challenge (and fun) with 5-6 out there! I usually try to work quickly on the CHAOS, T-Rex is an easy one, and Raptor usually comes from Smart Missile or later in the game. Play the control room modes as they become available and when I have the ball cradled on the right flipper. But the only consistent "flow" in this game for me are really fast drains, usually in the out lanes, propelled my the slingshots (like watching the slingshots play a separate game when they get going), and it's not a very friendly nudge out-lane post. I just can't improve it seems. All of my other games, the more I play, the better I get, doesn't seem so with this game. Maybe I'm missing something?

#6122 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

mine came from factory aligned like your red line. But as i just read, Keith designed the game with a littlebit droopier flippers.
I just can assume he means something like the green line.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516106
the thing is, those small adjustments can have a big impact on gameplay you wouldn't guess... just like swapping out original stern hard post rubbers (= super fast drains), or waxing a new game.

Stern hard post rubbers = super fast drains. Would switching out the rubbers on this playfield let me sleep better at night after an evening of high blood pressure caused by super fast drains? Any suggestions/links on the brand? The out lanes in this game are making it hard for me to continue calling myself a Christian after some of the things coming out of my mouth.

2 weeks later
#6372 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

Do the outlane posts do anything in this game? A couple of months ago I lowered the outlane posts, hoping to cut down a bit on side drains, but I was just thinking that it really made little to no difference. It seems the common angles that feed the outlanes miss the posts regardless of position. Has anyone else noticed that moving the outlane posts doesn't change much?

Don’t think so. Tough outlanes, once it’s over there it seems to be gone regardless of the adjustable post position. The inside lane post is just too much higher than the outside one.

#6389 3 years ago

Second T-Rex mode, mine is only catching the ball about 33% of the time when I hit the ramp and when he misses, it’s often SDTM. The first T-Rex mode (multiball) doesn’t have to catch so it starts fine 100% when I hit the ramp (sometimes catches, sometimes doesn’t).

So is this standard behavior or should it catch every time I hit the ramp in the 2nd and 3rd modes?

Maybe his head position is not properly calibrated? I feel like when he does catch it it’s when I hit the right side of the ramp.

Thanks!

#6440 3 years ago

This game is maddening with its tight shots and frustrating drains. That said I‘Ve been drawn back to it over and over putting time in, and have materially improved, got the the raptor paddock several times , caught a t-Rex a few times, scored over 700M, etc

What are the stackable scenarios that will add up points the fastest? I had a really big one tonight when I stacked the t-Rex Chase with chaos multi ball. I’ve started trying to strategize getting multi balls For either a really hard paddock, or to stack with one of the other modes. Am I thinking about this the right way a) for best score and b)for completing modes? For completing modes, any suggestions on the path of least resistance to the visitor center? Up the left side, up the right side?

I feel like after playing JP at a mediocre level for any period of time, i can go to MM or AFM and feel like a pro!

#6454 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'll just add to the above a bit. Some games you want to stack a MB with a mode to really blow up the score (like GOT and the Lanister-Greyjoy stack) while others it's better to play modes outside of MB. In JP I feel it's better across the board to play modes by themselves and MB on their own when possible. The MB's in this game require precision shots to get to any worthwhile scoring ops plus when in MB it makes completing Paddocks harder (at least for me). That Heli Pad shot while in MB always kills me plus the faster dinos seem to always get to the workers before I can trap up and effectively shoot the more precise shots like the raptor tower, C, O and helipad shots. Scoring really comes with methodical shots and focusing on completing each thing you start. Each side mode (TREX, Control Room, pterandon, etc) can be very valuable if played well but can be real hard to do when to much is going on.
For instance, I pulled this one off last night using the focus on one thing at a time strategy Still no Escape Nebular though as my Dino keeps blocking shots. Turned it off and kids got POed at me so turned it back on until I get a replacement... I was super excited about that score, then a friend of mine sent me just his Pterandon score and I realized I still have a way to go to take him down if we ever get to play in leagues again... I'm sure some of you may recognize his initials. [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, these scores are hard to imagine, and I guess I owe this game an apology, with the difficulty of keeping a ball alive (I guess due to all my bricked shots), makes it hard to believe that the ruleset in this game could be so deep. I'm certainly not a pro, but I guess I need to practice my shots so that I can more deeply explore the ruleset. I've gotten to about 50% on the smart missile shot, and I always defaulted to raptor multi ball or extra ball. I guess if in a tougher paddock, would be much better to clear the paddock.

I hardly knew what the pterandon attack was, other than it looked like it would crack the glass on my LCD every now and then. So 4 times starts the mode, then don't collect it, just build the multiplayer? Where does it show the multiplier, and when would I want to collect the reward (at what multiplier)? Obviously after seeing a 6Bn score from the pterandon, it's a good way to build up points, so need to learn.

Thanks all

#6488 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Just got Invalid Frenzy champ, and I had never even heard of it before tonight.

Interestingly same here. Accidentally chose it with smart missile, and hit. Big points and lots of Newman.

1 month later
#7348 3 years ago

I installed my shooter lane cliffy on the outside, but when I had it apart couldn’t figure out the circled bolts. How do they come out? Pic attached

4C3E7029-F071-4110-8D35-EAD8D56B804B (resized).jpeg4C3E7029-F071-4110-8D35-EAD8D56B804B (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7489 3 years ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

Any recommendations on a shooter lane protector? I'd love to get my covered now before the divot starts to form.

Cliffies are great.

#7509 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

While I wait for my Prem.... side blades? Sterns....or one of the other options?

I went with the Sterns, and like the way they look in the machine.

#7511 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Do you have a pic? please....

IMG_8664 (resized).JPGIMG_8664 (resized).JPGIMG_8665 (resized).JPGIMG_8665 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#7698 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Are you generally not supposed to be able to hit the tower shot unless you have some speed coming around? I'm a bit annoyed that I can't hit the tower shot with the ball coming slowly out of the pops, but I don't know if it's a feature or a bug. I can occasionally get it up there but it's like a 5-10% shot. Most often even a clean nice shot just doesn't have the momentum to make it up there, and my flipper settings for that flipper are on default (Max).

You should be able to hit it Without a big run-up, check to see if a screw head is sticking up and disrupting the ramp. I had to dremil mine down a bit.

E4EE08E0-5326-4B6E-9F87-5B6EE7F6CBBD (resized).jpegE4EE08E0-5326-4B6E-9F87-5B6EE7F6CBBD (resized).jpeg
#7699 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Are you generally not supposed to be able to hit the tower shot unless you have some speed coming around? I'm a bit annoyed that I can't hit the tower shot with the ball coming slowly out of the pops, but I don't know if it's a feature or a bug. I can occasionally get it up there but it's like a 5-10% shot. Most often even a clean nice shot just doesn't have the momentum to make it up there, and my flipper settings for that flipper are on default (Max).

You should be able to hit it just fine, check and see if there is a screw head sticking up at the bottom of the ramp, I had to use a Dremel tool to flatten mine some. It was disrupting the shot

3 weeks later
#8195 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just finished my Pin Stadium Omega installation, and wow what a difference. I'm not a color GI fan, so I went with the Omegas which only have white GI (selectable from 0 to 100% brightness) and UV flashers. These also have diffusers so the light is soft, and you don't see light dots all over your metals. I landed on setting the brightness to 50% and I tied the flashers into the shaker so every time it goes off the UVs flash with it. I know Pin Stadium lighting isn't for everyone, but I must say these really brighten up the playfield and make the artwork pop.
Pin Stadiums OFF (really much darker, but the camera overexposed it)
[quoted image]
Pin Stadiums 50% (this is the truest representation of the three photos)
[quoted image]
Pin Stadiums 100% (really much brighter, but the camera underexposed it)
[quoted image]
I'm thinking I may still need a trough light to brighten things up in the flipper area, but that's a project for another day.

Can’t imagine going back to not having PinStadiums on this pin.

E7864172-75AB-4109-BEAB-985459AF877E (resized).jpegE7864172-75AB-4109-BEAB-985459AF877E (resized).jpeg
#8259 3 years ago

After what feels like 6 months (got my premium in March) of blood, sweat, and a lot of induced yelling at family members in the vicinity, I finally got to the visitor center (first time) via way of raptors and got to 1.26b (previous high score around $800M). Feels good, this game sure makes you work for it, and is unforgiving as can be for a mediocre player.

I hit the raptors about 5-6 times in the Visitor Center before draining, and then my 3rd ball went back to normal and in typical great game fashion, drained the millisecond the ball save went out (for a whopping $300k or so, probably would have scored more if I shot the ball and walked away). The final ball though after the visitor center, was back to normal with no MAP arrows. Does that mean I beat the game, or took my shot at the visitor center, didn't win it, and I'm basically done (except maybe T-Rex modes, which I should have started)? Never thought I'd have to worry about post-visitor center rules, lol.

ef31b6a59efa44aef380b503f3e794555ceb0b36 (resized).jpegef31b6a59efa44aef380b503f3e794555ceb0b36 (resized).jpeg
#8282 3 years ago

Does the Stern topper work on a Premium? Does it come with a control board or is the Premium already compatible, says it adds a game mode? Pretty lame looking for $600.

#8299 3 years ago

After finally reaching the visitor center, been toying around with the the other aspects of the game:

T-REX modes - started 3 of them, multiball, chase, and rampage. Then the Jeep flips didn’t do anything to advance this any more. What needs to happen between the 3rd T-REX mode and Museum Madness?

Thanks!

1 month later
#8730 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Hey all, I somehow lost the screw on the left side of the trex ramp. Can anyone tell me what size it is so I can go buy a new one please? It longer than the one on the right side.
[quoted image]

I’d just take the one off the right post and take it to Home Depot to find a copy of it. Or just order a pinball screw/washer kit (I believe either titan or pinball life have a good one) and one of those in the kit will fit. Either 6-32 or 8-32 machine screw, probably 1/2-1”.

1 week later
#8959 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Any JP2 owners play or own Avengers (AIQ) Premium? I've been debating for weeks on getting a JP2 PRO now, or waiting a few months to get an AIQ Premium once they come back in stock.
I keep waffling back and forth and seriously can't make up my mind! I'm sure it'll be great no matter what I choose, but I'm curious to hear some thoughts on each.

Both are really hard. I own both (premium JP and LE AIQ) and like Jurassic Park better and believe it rewards higher skilled play more, also harder and more frustrating. Marginally harder than AIQ, materially harder than any other game I own/like to play. Outlanes are just brutal and the ball goes there when you miss a shot. AIQ won during the honeymoon period and I still love it, but between the two I like JP better, and a good game/score feels really great! I do think they are close enough to go with the theme you prefer.

3 months later
#10179 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Hello. I'm thinking about getting pinstadium but not sure which version. Any recommendations which version to get for this game? Anyone have a video of how the neo fusion interacts with it and if it's worth getting? Thanks

I like the neos, has all the colors and the diffusers so you don’t get the striping or light dots. Fusions are super cool, but a lot going on.

1 week later
#10297 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

I'm finding the slings --> outlane to be brutal. Is this normal?
Like bullet fast, unsave-able outlane drain monster bad.
My game is setup around 7.5 pitch.

Welcome to Elwin games. Don’t lose control of the ball, not a good game for that!

#10298 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Well... I bit the bullet and ordered the topper. Hope I don't regret it. It's insanely overpriced but the topper world has gone bananas and made retail prices seem almost reasonable by comparison.

I like the topper, glad I bought it.

3 weeks later
#10500 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Not a fan boy of the Pinstadiums but I do have a few sets and there seems to be some misconception..
Just FYI it's not a "ON or OFF" setup. You can dial the brightness to whatever you need. Mine (with HD glass) is set at about 10% brightness. Would a few additional well placed spotlights do? Probably. I had the PS so I installed it. Less of a hassle.
NEO style as well so no striping. It just makes it a little evenly brighter at that setting. My pinball room is totally dark and that's why a few of my games need additional lighting. It definitely doesn't kill the ambience at that low setting but takes away the dark spots/areas. STTNG is another I have Pinstadiums on because of the very dark areas on the game. Once again set as low as possible to just get it bright enough to not have to strain to see the ball.
Without HD glass on JP it was at about 30% to overcome the topper/ceiling reflection on the glass. That was annoyingly too bright but better than having reflections.
Keep in mind that there are folks that think Pinstadiums are too expensive and try to make their own. Homemade pinstadium style lighting tends to not have brightness adjustments and are generally way too bright.

Agreed the picture above isn’t how I’d set it. You can set colors (green’ish in this game) and much dimmer. JP benefited big with properly set PinStadiums, no loss of ambiance and you can very easily track the ball. My game room is dark, so totally necessary, or maybe I’m just blind lol. Big fan. Don’t judge based off that picture. Attached is my machine, maybe set a little bright and I don’t have neos so you can see the light reflection in these photos but not from the player position.

9B839990-E89A-4323-8D05-3B4063989FCB (resized).jpeg9B839990-E89A-4323-8D05-3B4063989FCB (resized).jpegB1DA2A8F-9C07-4024-80EC-C408C564EC42 (resized).jpegB1DA2A8F-9C07-4024-80EC-C408C564EC42 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#10812 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Placing my titan order and thinking about clear rings on the slings...
Can someone share a pic of their playfield that has done this?
Thanks!

I believe Titan silicone will change the play dynamic of this already really fast game. While I love titan and have them on all of my WPC and JJP machines (and flippers), this game has really active slings (many times slings to outlines). I’d put them on your slings and give it a shot before changing out all your rubber. Unless you already have and know what you’re getting into. My 2 cents!

#10816 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

That’s really helpful. Thanks.
What do you recommend instead then? I’ve been conditioned that the stern supplied rubbers should be removed ASAP…

I like Cliffy’s post rubbers when I don’t use Titans.

I just took Titans off of my Tron and just ordered standard rubbers from Gameroom Guys. I’m sure Marcos has a lot as well. I actually rarely use anything other than Titans so I’m not an expert on what else there is!

I always want to play the pin as it was designed to play, which is why I don’t dial my JP slings way down (even though they often enrage me!)

6 months later
#12855 2 years ago

My buddy just had a beautiful JP LE delivered and it got damaged during shipping, right rear leg folded a bit and damaged right side cab decal. Big bummer, but everything is fixable. Does Stern still have the decals available? Just call tech support? He already did this, so hopefully they will respond, if not, is anybody making these aftermarket?

Thanks!

1 week later
#12920 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I disagree.
When on pallet higher risk of fork truck use.
On legs more so hands on!

On a pallet, I don’t think they read the big X and sign that says “DO NOT TRUCK THIS SIDE”, as I’ve seen the guys even with a hand pallet jack, go in on the wrong side. Ugh. I’ve shipped and received 20-30 and have seen one problem (my friend’s JP), cross your fingers!

#12985 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Oh I haven’t tried the low bounce yet, I’ll try some next order

Low bounce is 1mm thinner in width, so if we’re counting, that middle drain is 2mm wider! I like the low bounce feel, but have gone back to titan standards, especially on this game, no need to make it more difficult!

#13121 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

THIS GAME IS DESTROYING ME.
I am not a great pinball player, but I’m not terrible either. Please tell me this game is hard and it’s part of the learning curve.

It is hard. Will make you a better player though (on all machines).

1 week later
#13194 2 years ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Hate to post this but very frustrated - I have owned my JP Premium for over a year, and I can't score on it. My max score is 375M (and no one else on the machine has scored higher either). I don't think I suck at pinball (I can tour the mansion on TAF 3 times in a single game) and score well on other games. I know the rules set but I can't get past 3 paddocks. I love the machine, the rules, it's fun - but just cant score. Any suggestions? Or just just chalk it up to I suck at this game and put it on the trade block...

It’s hard. Hit your shots (easier said than done!), not saying I can.

Helped me to focus on it (don’t play other pins), almost have to relearn it after playing other easier pins.

I got 1.4b on my old premium, traded it for an LE and struggling hard!

Are you set at 7 degrees with drooping flippers? (Makes the C/control room and S/helicopter shots easier)

3 weeks later
#13348 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Has anyone used Pinball Life's Fluorescent Green protectors on their JP? I wasn't sure how'd they look, I normally see people doing orange. Actually where is everyone getting their orange protectors at?

I currently have and prefer green to orange. I’ve had orange before. Personal preference only.

1 week later
#13432 2 years ago

Hi all, what are the flat (round top) bolts that go through the playfield right next to the trough eject and have a 5/16 nut on the bottom (that might hold the auto plunge bracket). They have little flanges on the top that keep it from rotating when screwing on the nut? Have to tap out from the bottom. Was installing the trough/shooter lane cliffy and broke one. I can get a pic but hopefully the description works.

10 months later
#15911 1 year ago

I know it’s a pretty standard issue on the shooter lane ramp, but wanted to ask, does this look correct? I’ve circled an area that I thought I fixed. Initially, I was getting rejects up the shooter lane ramp, but that flap that is circled was in front (not tucked in behind). It was not secure anywhere and flapping around and with slow-mo video, that’s what seemed to be causing rejects up the ramp. So I tucked it back behind the ramp (how it is now) where I thought it belonged. I’m about 80% success up the ramp now on the auto launch. I’d sure, like to get to 100% though, and thought I’d start by seeing if how it is now is how it’s supposed to be.

B375E98B-D4DF-495B-B5A7-704F2F2E2F7D (resized).jpegB375E98B-D4DF-495B-B5A7-704F2F2E2F7D (resized).jpeg

#15916 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

The flap is meant to be in front. I’ve never managed to get my auto launch 100% on JP, even after trying all the suggested fixes. My GZ launch was 100% fixed with the shooter lane extra piece of hardware, would be awesome if someone created something that worked the same for JP!

Interesting and thank you! When mine was on the outside, it was flapping around and disrupting the ball. Maybe it was bent out. Is there something that is meant to hold it back so it's not flopping around? It would seem to make sense so the ball isn't hitting that edge.

#15918 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

you can bend that piece with some creativity to overlap the scoop 180 ramp thing.
For those that are having 180 ramp rejects, I found your best fix is to remove the metal ramp, flatten the grade and gently bend it so it angles from where the cut is on the side. You would see it when the metal ramp is removed.
the issue in slow mo looks like
the fix performs like this:
also, i found adjusting the autoplunge to ~210-220 from the factory 190 did the trick for mine.

Thank you, I'm trying the washer under the left fork trick as well to try to level.

EDIT - that washer under the left fork changed everything. works perfect now.

#15923 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

SDTM Dribble Drains:
I sometimes get frustrating, slow-roll SDTM drains from either of two spots on the playfield:
1. The corner formed by the Tower's lower ballguide and the left edge of the Supplies target
2. The pocket formed by the Jeep's ball and the left-side post of the right ramp.
If, in a Smart Missile attempt, I rattle the ball into that gap between the Jeep's ball and the post, the ball will stop short, then trickle out of the pocket and go SDTM. Or, if the ball somehow comes to rest on that corner formed by the end of the Tower's ballguide and the Supplies target, it will trickle off and go SDTM.
Elwin layouts often have what I call high shelves - places where the ball can rest for a second and then roll off, taking a long, graceful trip down to the flippers. Zilla has one one on the right at the end of the loop ballguide.
My JP is set up with 7-degrees of pitch. This is the minimum pitch required to allow roll passes.
Are the rest of you dealing with drains of this kind? You skilled nudgers out there can probably beat these drains with a timed nudge the instant before the ball rolls off the ledge. Or perhaps not.
[quoted image]

slap/nudge the flipper its closest to. can usually nudge your way out of this situation, plenty of time to prepare as it's slowly coming off the "shelves".

#15939 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

When do you do the nudge? ASAP / high up the playfield?

I’d say when it’s in flipper range, choose the side that it’s closest to, and slap it so that the flipper activates at the same time as the nudge (from the slap) goes in that direction. Should be able to get enough rubber on it to keep it alive. All depends on the tilt settings as well, if no tilt just manhandle the machine over! The slap method seems to minimize the tilting as it’s quick. I’m not a pro by any means but nudging just comes with experience. I didn’t realize how much I did it it until I tried to play with a sprained wrist, hardly possible.

#15940 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I just discovered yesterday that you can change the smart missile reward. Wondering what you guys usually choose? Not that I hit it very often. Truck always seems to be on right direction and I brick the shot. However it is very satisfying to occasionally slip one thru

It’s not instant gratification, but I usually choose +5 rescues (carries more points throughout the game, maybe in bonus, as I understand), and then extra ball the next time.

8 months later
#19531 6 months ago

Interesting stuck ball.

IMG_0315 (resized).jpegIMG_0315 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbyirl5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=robbyirl5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.