(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reluctantpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7152 3 years ago

Hi everyone, I've got new JP Pro on the way, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

Not exactly new to pinball, but never thought I'd own a pin myself. Guess life finds a way...

I'm pretty excited.

#7157 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Welcome aboard! No matter how new or experienced you are, pensive is a wealth of information. If you have an issue with your game, chances are, someone here has already figured it out. Congratulations on your new game

Thanks! Pleasure to be here. I've already learned a bunch just reading through these pages. All so helpful.
I can't wait to play!

#7228 3 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I would just play the crap out of it and not worry. Turn down the trough kickout power for sure. I got chipping in my shooter lane the first night because I forgot about that. Turned it down and it hasn’t gotten any worse.
My build date is 2 days later than yours, We have had it for 8 days now, and I have 160 games on it and it still looks perfect. Many of the games from looking at the audits are 10+ and 15+ minute games.

Could you recommend an ideal trough kickout power?

#7233 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I have mine set at 195, so seems fairly consistent across machines. Also, I installed Cliffy shooter lane protector on the right and matching PBL lane protector on the left. They look perfect together. The only trick is to get the edges of the stainless steel 'just touching' the ball when it sits in the lane. Its really pretty obvious when installing it.
Update: I might lower it a hint more since I just checked the shooter lane this morning and I see just a bit of indentation on the stainless steel protector, so while its doing it job, the coil power level may still be a bit too high.
While-you-are-at-it: Once you find the coil setting for the trough, consider ALSO changing the power of the ball shooter autolaunch coil. Most people (including myself) have decreased that power to 200 or so and find the ball makes the half pipe consistently better with the power a bit lower.

Thanks! Super helpful, and will check that other setting too.

#7332 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Look over that playfield. My June build has issues.

Also very curious. My July 2020 NIB arrived today. Never owned a NIB and appears to have fine scratches, circles - like ball trails. Very, very fine scratches, and only visible really at a certain angle or up close, but they're sort of everywhere -- like it's been played.

I imagined it's been asked ad infinitum, but is this normal from Stern factory testing? Just part of their QC, as it were?

Is the best bet just to Novus 2 and Blitz wax it and try to pretend I put those marks down?

Thanks. It's slightly tempered my excitement... eek.

#7336 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Probably just buffing swirls. Put a coat of carnuba wax on it and see if that helps. I wouldn't worry about it too much since you do plan on playing it I assume

Thanks -- hoping that'll do it! And yeah... deffo gonna play it

#7345 3 years ago

So my NIB JP (July, 2020) I now notice all the Stern balls are in some way pitted/rusty, right out the box. In my ignorance I didn't check close enough... put about 10 plays on it. But all the balls? On a new Stern? Is this exceptionally unlucky or are they always this dangerous?

#7355 3 years ago

Another newbie NIB question (sorry)...

Are these visible circle patterns normal on a NIB pin? Only visible in bright, overhead light and at certain angles. Is it just part of the clearcoat? I'm probs being way too pedantic -- new to all this, so sorry if it's been asked a ton.

They're very fine, appear to be sorta everywhere, kinda. I've seen them on other playfields of course, just didn't know if this is normal for a factory pin.

Photo makes it look a bit more pronounced than it looks in person.

Thanks!

imgpin (resized).jpgimgpin (resized).jpg
#7357 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The best way to fix that is to grab a beer and press the start button.

Haha, I like the spirit. Seriously though... thinking maybe I asked a dumb question and this is totally normal?
Beers, regardless.

#7439 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

sorry, guys. maybe i'm late to the party. is there a link or thread about the mod? ty.

Would also love to know. Can't find the yo-yocopter stuff anywhere.

3 weeks later
#7839 3 years ago

Hi all!

So I'm getting a ton of ball rejects from the T-Rex ramp. I've searched the board, and I've seen the previous replies. I've tried removing the plastic spacers on the ramp air-ball protector plastic (and even adding washers, too, in case this helped). I've tried reducing the lower flipper power. And I'm between 6.5 and 7 degrees, and have tried different angles.

It's almost like the balls hit the bottom of the T-rex itself sometimes and rattle back down. I'm not sure if this is a common thing?

I was wondering if anyone has tried anything drastic like trying to raise or lower the static t-rex itself, and if this has helped?

Thanks! I'm missing so many shots because of this and it's bumming me out.

#7855 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Im no expert regarding the t-rex and having a few rejects by myself but i will try to help
1. Level your game from side to side and get it to 7° degrees, its designed for 7 and small changes can make a big difference. Use a digital leveler and calibrate(!) it, dont use a smartphone.
2. the airball protector is there to keep the ball low enough for the trex mouth, if you remove the washers its too low, and you will get even more rattling balls in the left ramp (I tested this).
3. record a shot in the mouth in slow motion and make sure there is no phyical problem!
4. check if the opto is triggering at the ramp entrance
5. the opened trex`s jaw should kind of touch the ramp as i remember
6. there is a pdf somewhere from stern how to adjust the trex
7. if nothing helps, there is an adjustment where the the shot counts, even if the trex is not eating the ball, so its much less frustrating but you dont have to disable the mech

Thanks for this! It's my fault, but I should have made clear I'm on a Pro, so there's not much I can do about adjusting the t-rex unfortunately. I will look at levelling side to side -- I think it's pretty flat, but it's a good shout to double-check.

Quoted from jawjaw:

Having same problem on my pro. Not that often but often enough to be frustrating. Weird thing is that it only became an issue when I removed pf plastic protector. Removing pf protector changed angle of ramp flap a bit so maybe that is introducing more air balls. Hard to tell what the problem is because ball goes straight up ramp, goes behind backboard, but then comes straight down ramp. What looks like the same exact shot will go straight through. I don't think it's the trex. Ball would have to get some serious air to hit that.

Interesting about the pf protector. I've heard people say to make sure the metal flap which goes on to the ramp is flat, but mine appears to be (eg. there's no curve -- it just goes up straight from where it touches the pf, onto the plastic ramp). The fact your pf protector made it better suggests that it could be something to do with how it gets on to the ramp, though. I'll have a mull. Maybe I need to investigate some thicker mylar, and extending the metal on-ramp out a bit..

2 weeks later
#8284 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Added a £6 Matchbox chopper to my game. Super effective mod for such little money
[quoted image][quoted image]

May I ask how you attached the base of the chopper to the post? Looks cool! Thanks

3 months later
#9677 3 years ago

Hi all. Please forgive if this is a dumb question, but I've come into possession of some star-post LEDs (circulars disc things, meant to light starposts, which can be wired into the GI -- you know the deal).

However, underneath the playfield on my JP Pro, the starposts aren't exposed, as it were, and there are instead metals caps on them (presumably used to mount them into the playfield). Is it possible to light up the starposts on the JP Pro? Or am I trying to do something impossible given the playfield architecture?

Thanks!

#9679 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

They go under the star post, on top of the playfield.

I'm a dummy! Of course! Thanks you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reluctantpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=reluctantpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.