(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,344 posts
  • 992 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Navystan
  • Topic is favorited by 522 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20211127_202641 (resized).jpg
20211127_202617 (resized).jpg
20211127_202628 (resized).jpg
IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
6356FCDD-2568-42C2-B738-8F4EFC033B08 (resized).jpeg
8FAFAFD8-7779-4158-8336-581BB589E4CC (resized).jpeg
BA2D7733-D82D-4175-9D1F-3C6357CF8A26 (resized).jpeg
1A8415D7-1704-496A-AE39-047A3F490B76 (resized).jpeg
A7EA1EA1-35C5-4E93-9E25-E7507518A76F (resized).jpeg
6A266C50-5305-414D-839A-5B9BA1E171C9.gif
jpsetup (resized).jpg
jpbox (resized).jpg
JP_pops_1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #72 Custom Jurassic Park apron cards Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #230 Custom Apron Cards for Stern JP Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (2 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (2 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (2 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (2 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (2 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by Scribbles (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5331 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm just confused why other recent games like my BM66 and Maiden feel nice and strong on passes, but JP just doesn't.
Hoping I can find an answer to this.

Not sure about Maiden, but BM66 ships from the factory with flippers a tad drooped (lower than exact center of the alignment dot/hole). That could be it. Whenever I'm having issues with a pass, I'll do a little flick, then when it moves out a tad, flick again and it generally moves over well. There's some trial and error of course on any game.

#5414 1 year ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

New JP Pro built in March. About 400 plays and pretty significant post damage. What are my options? I ordered a Cliffy post protector... Is Stern likely to do anything about it?
[quoted image][quoted image]

That sure does suck. Sorry to see that. Could your flipper be dragging? I wouldn't expect it to be at this point, but figured I'd ask.

#5449 1 year ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

Looking to pick up a bent mod tournament button, but only if i can tie it to escape nublar challenge mode.
Anyone know if this is possible?
Thanks
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1074-bent-mods/03066-spike-flush-mount-custom-tournament-button-

I don't know for sure, but isn't that just one of these with a tournament sticker? Seems like way too much money for a button.

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/arcade_game_parts/77-0000-255LIT

1 week later
#5593 1 year ago

The premium is easier to start Raptor since you don't have to be totally accurate with your shots into the pen. I do enjoy a rising target bank a la AFM and Spidey, etc, however, I don't think you'll feel cheated if you go with a Pro on JP. I prefer most Pros over Premiums due to maintenance issues. Iron Maidens unique, but troublesome newton balls, for instance.

#5626 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Just finished my first mods. The lit T-Rex and Barbasol can are from Mezel. I did a bit of a mod to their mod by eliminating the grey spacers that previously held up plastic -56. It turns out that those machine screws are 6-32, which happens to be the same as outlet and switch covers. I had some black ones left over from my basement project, and now they disappear into the background. (Photo for comparison below)
The helicopter is from Modfather. I did some tinkering here too with plastics and hardware. It is just the right size, and goes very good with the game. It appears that it is just a Matchbox style toy with a simple bracket attached. I searched for a similar toy to no avail.
My topper finally arrives on Saturday!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you mount the chopper? Separate the body?

#5629 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

It came with a small bracket that is screwed to the bottom of the toy. [quoted image]

Awesome.

#5636 1 year ago

Anyone happen to have a JP Premium translight they wanna sell or trade?

Thanks,
RC

#5689 1 year ago

Has there been anything mentioned in interviews or podcasts about why the Pro is the only model with the weird logo mismatch? The dino logo does not appear on the translight and the logo that does, doesn't match the rest of the logos color scheme. Just weird to me.

#5729 1 year ago

About to install it in a bit. The beta code went fine.

#5744 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Unfortunately this is correct (many posts about this from other pinsiders). The PBrowser blocking Stern is doing was devastating enough when I learned about it the hard way after > 6 months of work. That's why I put out what I have done and am anxiously awaiting the ability to continue along the path of improvement to the audio once/if I can port changes to 1.01+. What I will say is that you're not losing out on much currently if you install my code (which = reverting your machine to 1.00 essentially). AFAIK it's only those who are relying on the minor updates/bug fixes in 1.01 that have been understandably apprehensive to install mine. You can always try mine and go back to 1.01 if you need to.

I didn't dig too much into the readme, but I believe it was mainly premium software updates like Trex adjustments that make modes start even if the magnet doesn't grab the ball.

#5766 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Why would you not just look at the build date sticker???

Apparently, the one he's looking at is still sealed in the box.

#5826 1 year ago

Anyone have the raptor plastic available? I'm sure many folks upgraded to a real raptor and filed that plastic away. My Pro came with a raptor toy and no plastic. I'd like to return it to original if possible. I know, I'm weird. I'll soon have some mods for sale or trade that I'm removing from my Pro also.

Thanks, in advance.

RC

#5882 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

And this one has been bugging me too....
On both the TRex and Spinsaurous paddocks after 2 rescues the callout is “shoot the set trap targets” when 3 rescues are required to light the targets. It’s the little things.

Just tested this manually and after 2 rescues the set trap target do light and after hitting them, the helipad lights.

#5915 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

What was the price....I'm guessing $279.99.

It was $159.99. I'm not certain if that is MSRP or above.

#5967 1 year ago
Quoted from zaki:

i have a dumb question. and maybe i missed this in jurassic park movies cuz i don't watch them that much. .but when they have this "raise the gate" to stop raptors. shouldn't it be lowering the gate?

I believe they are raising the gate of the raptor pen to move a raptor from a transport cage to the pen.

#5988 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I filed down my screw as well, and it got better, but still too many rattles.
I replaced it with a smaller countersunk head and it went flush.
I then covered the ramp entrance with a small piece around 3/4" of mylar.
Lowering the power of the upper right flipper helps tremendously. Go 10%, then 15% etc, for your sweet spot.
I believe default is 235, I am now at 185, but have been happy up to 215.

Wonder why these round pan head screws are being used instead of a flat top screw that could recess into the hole. Anyone replaced theirs?

#6017 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Sorry, I’m sure this has been covered a bunch but I’m just getting into this thread now. I assume the post you’re talking about is in front of the upper flipper. Is that something that needs to be replaced if it’s loose? Can it just be tightened?

The early run games had a machine threaded post and was simply screwed into a tnut under the PF. This worked it's way loose. The fix was a longer threaded machine post and adding a locking nut also to keep it in place. Later runs all have the update. First run pros owners need to check and get the updated parts from Stern, if they haven't already.

#6110 1 year ago

Folks, I have removed several mods from my JP Pro and would like to offer them for sale here as a lot. I will post pics later after work.

Mezel Mods Raptor pen:
https://mezelmods.com/products/jurassic-park-pinball-raptor-pen

Palm Trees (as seen here, but way more than 4):
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1017-modfather-pinball-mods/03672-jurassic-park-playfield-coconut-palm-trees-set-of-4

Lermods spinning blades:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1016-lermods/02934-jurassic-park-pro-spinning-helicopter-blades

Raptor with flasher dome very similar to the one you see listed for sale here on pinside.

Pteradon with mounting bracket

Smaller dino. Looks like a rex but has spines. The pic will explain later.

These mods add up to around $170 when purchased separately. I'd like to sell for $100 and receive an original JP Pro Raptor plastic in the deal, as well. Mine was cut off when the previous owner added the Raptor figure, instead of being unscrewed from the bracket below.

I will make and end an ad and pay the pinside fee, once a deal is made. Thanks for reading.

RC

#6176 1 year ago

Folks, I have removed several mods from my JP Pro and would like to offer them for sale here as a lot. Reposting with pics.

Mezel Mods Raptor pen:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1017-modfather-pinball-mods/03672-jurassic-park-playfield-coconut-palm-trees-set-of-4

Lermods spinning blades:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1016-lermods/02934-jurassic-park-pro-spinning-helicopter-blades

Raptor with flasher dome very similar to the one you see listed for sale here on pinside.

These mods add up to around $170 when purchased separately. I'd like to sell for $100 and receive an original JP Pro Raptor plastic in the deal, as well. Mine was cut off when the previous owner added the Raptor figure, instead of being unscrewed from the bracket below.

I will make and end an ad and pay the pinside fee, once a deal is made. Thanks for reading.

RC

IMG_20200730_192218190 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_192221942 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_192232341 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_192248429 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_192259096 (resized).jpg
#6224 1 year ago
Quoted from rickyray:

Do you have a Pro? Went back and looked. I don't have a Standard Adjustment 60. It goes from 59 and skips to 62. So no 60 or 61??

That is a LE in the pic. You may need to reload the software.

#6228 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Folks, I have removed several mods from my JP Pro and would like to offer them for sale here as a lot. Reposting with pics.
Mezel Mods Raptor pen:
Lermods spinning blades:
RC
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Adding these amber pop caps to the deal. 100 shipped for all.

IMG_20200808_164605664 (resized).jpgIMG_20200808_164615069 (resized).jpg
#6305 1 year ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

First time pin owner so pardon my inexperience. Came home from vacation to a noticeably weaker right flipper. Skill shots aimed at left ramp hitting somewhere around the raptor cage. I took a look at the flipper assembly and coil stop and didn’t see anything initially. There is some black powder that I could wipe off, not nothing looked out of place. What recommendations do you have for getting my flipper back to working order? I checked the game menu to confirm my right flipper power is still set to where it was before vacation. Thanks in advance.

See if the brass stop is loose in the silver bracket. That is likely your issue. Also, see if the flipper assembly moves freely. Probably a mechanical issue of some sort.

#6316 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Anyone else find the A shot (right helix ramp) to be the hardest shot on in the game by far?
I know some people find the O and C to be tough but I feel like I have a good sense of how to hit those. The A just seems to have a mind of its own or something, it doesn’t even look tight, it’s right there... maybe it’s in my head? I do seem to be able to hit it during the skill shot.

I've gotten pretty dead on the A shot. It's the O that's the toughie for me. I just got the 4 way Ultra Skill Shot the other day finally.

#6329 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Who has art blades on their game that they love? I was disappointed with the quality of the ones I bought and won’t be putting them in my game.
If you have installed pics of the Stern ones, tiltgraphics, etc. and comment on the quality of the print, that would be great.

My game came with the Tilt art blades installed. Quality is nice. The only thing I don't care for is that Rex in the back right corner does not match the rest of the art direction. I wish Stern would sell the blades on the LE. They did it with Batman 66, so not sure what the issue is. I'd buy those and replace mine, but I don't want the giant dino eye blades they sell, currently.

1 week later
#6554 1 year ago

Looks like what you'd see holding a wireform to a post. Washer under and over the part you are securing.

#6574 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Does anyone know if Stern intended for the two right flippers to operate in this loosely coupled mode? I suspect that is simply an artifact of their schematic and manufacturing differences with the blades themselves. Depending on the assembly of the button stack, each game will have a different offset. My machine has both of the blade contact stack pairs touching essentially at the same time. I could bend the blades to give me more timing space between the two, but I feel like Stern wanted them to be the same. But then again, they could have used a single pair of contacts (like the left one) and operated BOTH right upper and lower flipper coils in software at the same time. I am confused on this one...

They are designed to be staged. Just a different gap which can be adjusted. Mine stage nicely from the factory.

#6580 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Yup. I took a look and can easily tweak the blade to put some space between the time the first set and the second set make contact.
Related topic: mechanical contacts seem like a big step backward versus the opto-set used on other machines. Still a bit surprising, but then again the much lower cost must be driving that choice. An opto set like Williams A-20207 (including LED, Detector, molded plastics, a few resistors, the PCB, connectors, leaf spring and screws) probably costs $2.50 all in for a volume production line. The machanical blade approach and two screws are probably 30-cents or so. To get an idea of their costing structure, I multiple their COST by 10X to get an idea of what the retail price would have to be increased to pay for the parts.

I personally think the Williams opto approach was a step backward. Optos have their place, but shouldn't be used everywhere. I'm not certain about the replacement availability of the optos today, but they were getting real scarce a few years ago. Leaf switches work great and have always been available.

1 week later
#6695 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

After wrestling with filing, and losing the little bugger twice, I replaced with a small countersunk screw,
2 minutes, zero issues....100% better

Where did you locate the screws? You have a link or size? I want to do this as well, because I didn't want to mess with filing and possibly messing up the original screws.

#6707 1 year ago

Anyone have a set of the Stern official art blades they don't plan to use? I know I can just order a new set, but I've had luck in the past picking up a set from a pinsider that purchased but didn't use them. Anyway, thanks if you can assist.

#6711 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the guys that put the flying Dino (Pteranodon) in the back right corner, can you put links of what you need? I would like to add....

I have one you can have free with mounting rod.

1 week later
#6801 1 year ago
Quoted from Moelabby:

After a few more quick games , seems that even after i shoot the original ball into play if i press the flippers( either one or both) a few times rapidly, a second ball is put into play autoplunged.

One of your outlane switches is too sensitive, is my initial thought. Check that first. Could be a trough opto, as well. Your shooter lane switch may also need adjustment. Go to switch test mode and give some light smacks on the playfield or cab sides to see what triggers.

#6826 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Got my shooter rod, topper and art blades added. Love this game!
[quoted image]

I've been trying to order the blades from Stern's shop, but they go to out of stock when I try to check out.

#6828 1 year ago

Not sure if it has been discussed, but I wondered about the premium translight art. There are 2 raptors and a stegosaurus, but then a 4th dino on the right. Not sure if that is a dilophosaurus or what? Looks like it could be a throwback to the DE JP ball eating dino mech. Looks really similar to that.

2 weeks later
#7212 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

It is the Stern one. I would just be really bothered looking at it in it's current state and I'm not going down the rabbit hole of trying to get it looking good through resin polishing.
I've been on the hunt for one of these for months, so extending my search for the foreseeable future won't kill me.
This hobby.

If you can get a decent discount as a refund, you could polish that out by chucking the rod into a drill and using some polishing compounds.

#7308 1 year ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hi to all,
Any of you installed a shaker and find it to trigger low times, ive installed one from pinballcenter, it works but it triggers rarelly... im on code 1.02
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/cabinet-parts/parts/6744/shaker-kit-for-stern-rev.-c-spike-502-5027-01

What level do you have it set to? I found that maximum was too much for me. I put it on minimal. May switch to moderate later. Also how are you weights positioned? And is it really secured good? These can make a difference as well.

#7413 1 year ago
Quoted from RGAires:

I will tripple check that for sure, thanks.
If i dont find the solution im going to order the coils and give feedback of it.

From your posts, it sounds like you just got this thing. I would not order new coils to correct an issue the factory warranty should cover. Stock, out of the box, Stern flippers are plenty strong. If yours are not, there is a problem. Like others mentioned, broken coil stops are a common thing. Could also be something else mechanical. Does the weak flipper feel more resistant than the others, when operating by hand?

#7453 1 year ago

Can the T Rex ramp opto be adjusted? Got a replacement populated playfield on a Pro and that ramp registers maybe 1 out of 3 or 4 shots. Previous playfield, while plagued with pooling, played like a dream. I've seen it asked a few times about this, but am not certain if adjustment is possible or if it will need to be replaced.

#7456 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Is it the entrance ramp opto or the exit ramp opto that isn't registering? Most likely the entrance opto but still worth checking to make sure you're fixing the right one. In the menu there's a ramp test where it will compare the number of entrance and exit optos registering on shots. Whichever opto count is lower is the one that isn't registering. Might be a good place to start.
If it's the entrance ramp opto that isn't registering consistently I think there are a few possible things to try. 1) The tape fix 2) re-aligning the optos 3) The part Stern issued to cover the hole for the opto receiver more. Keyword search in this forum should get you info on all three.

I'll check that tonight. Thanks.

#7461 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Is it the entrance ramp opto or the exit ramp opto that isn't registering? Most likely the entrance opto but still worth checking to make sure you're fixing the right one. In the menu there's a ramp test where it will compare the number of entrance and exit optos registering on shots. Whichever opto count is lower is the one that isn't registering. Might be a good place to start.
If it's the entrance ramp opto that isn't registering consistently I think there are a few possible things to try. 1) The tape fix 2) re-aligning the optos 3) The part Stern issued to cover the hole for the opto receiver more. Keyword search in this forum should get you info on all three.

I cannot find a specific test for this. I put it in switch test and it only registers the exit opto. Now, I only see one physical opto on the rear behind the back panel. What am I missing?

Thanks,
RC

#7463 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

There are options in the sides of the entrance, right before t rex

Must be referring to a premium. There is no opto on the front part of the pro ramp.

#7472 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Sorry, I didn't realize there isn't an opto at the entrance on the pro. If it's the exit opto that's inconsistent in registering can you do slow motion video of it to try to see what's going on? It doesn't seem like it should be hopping over the opto at the exit switch but I guess it could happen.

I put in switch test mode with flippers active and activated it manually and by shooting the ramp and the exit opto triggered every time. I then played a couple games and it registered every time. Not sure why, but it seems to be good for the moment. Still never found a specific test for the ramp, but maybe that is a premium thing or I misunderstood. Thanks.

3 weeks later
#7842 1 year ago

Added a premium translight to my pro today. I like it.

IMG_20201106_113511641~2 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#8404 12 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Update 12/3 - 11:55 am Central | 4 spots left
I was perusing the internet last night (I know, it can be dangerous), and came across a lot of the matchbox dino transport choppers. Since they are getting nearly impossible to find, I ended up buying 6 of them at a good price. Of course I don't need them, but thought I would snatch them for the group. I'd be happy to resell them for $18 each (including US shipping).
Even though I paid, I'm still a little skeptical if they will actually make it to me as the site where I bought them is rather obscure. Anyway, please PM me if you are interested in one and I'll put you on the list. The first 6 to respond will have one reserved for them. If/when they do arrive, I will then contact each person on the list for first right of refusal and payment.
FYI, the choppers (and the truck) are new and unopened in original packaging. BTW, I will only sell to those that meet the suggested age requirement on the packaging.
[quoted image]

When I was considering this mod, I was seeing this set for $10 shipped. Have they become hard to find or something? Haven't searched in a few months.

#8427 11 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I need to quit using that function......I tend to use when I have 2 crap 1st balls......lol

I had to disable the restarts in the menu. I was using it too much and I hardly ever used to, but JP2 is so damn hard lol.

1 week later
#8595 11 months ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Hi! Today cleaning my Jurassic Park i just see this sticker, "Jaws Premium" Means they have in mind launch Jaws? Or it's was a code name?

Code name. They all have code names. GB was Harold.

1 week later
#8761 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Could someone please do this? Some of us Premium/LE owners would like to paint our Pteranodon's in this color scheme but the image doesn't appear on the Premium/LE artwork. Also, are the left and right side images identical, just mirrored?

Hey, you premium guys get the sweet raptor art with different images on each side of the cab. We pro owners have to have something for ourselves. LOL

I hated the pro translight logo so much I have a premium translight on my pro. Didn't make a lick of sense to me to use that rust colored logo when it appears nowhere else on the game.

1 week later
#8890 10 months ago

Anyone have a Stern factory set of art blades they don't plan to use?

#8968 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I made a plastic for the pooling problem at the left flip-over ramp. It's press the bubble flat.
I also noticed de ball jumps in the air at the Dino ramp, slamming in de back to a hold.
Put some fillings under the ramp just like the wms games from the 90. Now the flow is smooth.
[quoted image]

I ended up putting some fiber washers under the 2 posts because I dreaded tearing the brand new game down that much to actually remove the rails.

#9072 10 months ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Question how do you clear a ball stuck in TRex's mouth? About 20% of the time during TRex multiball he doesn't spit the ball out and when I lose the current ball it never clears from his mouth even during a ball search. I fiddled around in the settings but didn't see anything specific for that. Thanks in advance.

If it doesn't clear from his mouth, I would think the game doesn't know it is there and that means the opto in there is suspect. Possibly a flakey wire since it is intermittent.

#9183 10 months ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Having a small issue with the t-rex ramp switch. Probably 10% of the time the switch doesn't activate causing lost skill shots and progression in general. Anyone have this issue?

Mine had this issue. Cleaning the opto fixed it. Crazy, because it was a new game, but that is what worked for me. Windex or alcohol on a qtip. Pro only has one opto. Premium has 2.

#9263 10 months ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

I'd like to give an update on some mods I've installed. I mentioned earlier the 3D raptor toy that was poorly done. Well today I got a box of mods from mezel mods and I'd like to give people a cautionary tale.
First up I went to install the spinning helicopter mod. The instructions say to just pull on the post and unscrew it and it will come undone. This was NOT the case. This took me about an hour to accomplish. The screw underneath would just spin with the post no matter what. I had to get a pair of needlenose pliers to get underneath it and grab the tiny screw while unscrewing it. Even doing this was INCREDIBLY difficult. My hands are all torn up and it took me an hour all said and done. Instructions were very poor. Also in the instructions it shows there's 3 pieces of tape stuck to the bottom. I only got one unattached that I had to cut up into smaller pieces.
Secondly I got the raptor pen mod. The instructions and pictures on their page make it seem like it comes with 2 pieces of wire. Instead I got 1 and it was all wrapped around itself which led to the wire being all bent up. The biggest issue however was that one of the pegs that have the holes that you thread the wire through was broken off at some point in the manufacturing process. It wasn't anywhere in the box so it must have happened on location. Also the idea that you're supposed to be able to easily tape on the 10,000 volt sign onto the wire is pretty silly. There's no way it would have held on it was just barely hanging on. I ended up super gluing it to the wire.
Overall given what I paid I'm pretty unimpressed.
That being said I took the instructions of 2manyhobbies and added the brachiosaurus and it looks great.

I removed both of these mods you just installed when I got my JP Pro. Not a fan of these 3D printed things. Not the fault of the makers, but you can see all the lines caused by the process and it looks bad to me. I wondered if you could use a torch or heat gun to smooth out those lines, or maybe wet sand? I believe there are more expensive printers that don't show the lines, but I'm not fully versed in that stuff.

#9267 10 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Stern updated the left side ramp protector to adjust the opto hole on the front opto - depending upon when your Pro was made you may have the original design. The original protector has a diagonal cut off the bottom right side and didn't extend to the opto beam, whereas the newer one is more rectangular with a hole for the opto beam - post a pic if you are unsure

On a pro, there is only a single opto switch. It is behind the backboard. Premiums have the entrance opto as well. When you say front opto, are you referring to the entrance opto on a premium?

#9345 10 months ago
Quoted from Torre:

Definitely frosted warm white in this machine. I am in the process of swapping out to clear cool white to match all my other Stern machines.

I did the opposite on my ACDC Premium years back. Swapped all the cool whites for warm because the cool looked like crap on the warm toned playfield, in my opinion. Others have done that with Walking Dead as well and I like the warm better there, too. I don't know for sure, but I think JP may be Stern's first (maybe only) game they went with warm white in. Looks like they stopped using cointaker as their supplier as well. The bulbs in my JP have no markings on them.

#9399 10 months ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Have had my pro for a few weeks, shaker is VERY worth it as most have said here.

I like the shaker. I took mine one step down from maximum use. It was going way too crazy on the Trex MB intro lol.

#9417 10 months ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

My smart middle usually starts when the truck is pointed to the right, blocking the shot mostly.

Smart missile is only available when the truck is to the left. The extra ball (attached to the mech) is on the right. That is intentional to make the shot harder.

1 month later
#9970 8 months ago
Quoted from chrismillsmusic:

Hi there, Just got my JP pro three weeks. Absolutely loving it. Unfortunately, the clear is starting to come up along the left edge of the right ramp. Problay half the size of a dime, with what feels like a little bit of an edge
at one corner. I’m guessing this is going to chip with much more gameplay. I know this has been widely discussed, but how much worse would it have to get to get some remedy from stern/ how much luck are people having with play field swaps on this machine?
Also, if they don’t end up doing anything, what is the best way to keep it from getting worse?
Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for bringing back a redundant issue.
Thanks,
Chris
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hadn't checked on this thread in a while. After seeing this, I went and looked at mine. I have a slight ripple in the same place. They need to stop torquing the damn rails into the playfield. Jesus.

1 week later
#10059 8 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

they are still making guardians?

They just brought GOTG, IMDN and SW back into production.

6 months later
#11926 36 days ago

I sold my game and ended up with this Stern JP amber shooter knob. This is a genuine Stern part but you will need to get a threaded shooter rod for it. $70 shipped in the US 48.
20211023_140833 (resized).jpg20211023_140837 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside