(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,321 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphs007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11202 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Back in the club, this time with a Pro, and I'm stoked! Had premium twice and this time went pro. Reason for going pro isn't that I didn't enjoy the moving T-Rex head and slamming the ball into his mouth, I did, but it was more that I just missed the flow of the shots and hitting those ridiculously awesome feel-good combos...and because all of the ramps are identical between pro and premium, I went ahead and just saved some bucks this time. Yeah, I was foolish for getting rid of it the times before, and I'm sure I had my reasons at the time, but this one's going to stay around for a while.
I know im not alone in saying this, but it's worth saying... this game is just amazing, not only for its flow, multiple combo shots, etc, but also it's code... This game, however you slice it, is an amazing pinball package and I'm super happy to be back with it in the gameroom

I'm thinking of buying a Jurassic Park Premium but I'm a casual player,and I'm wondering if this game will drive me crazy. I've read that it's a players game,and I'm far from a player. I played one yesterday,and I had a great time,even though I didn't know what to shoot for. I'm gonna try out an Elvira's House of Horrors this coming Friday, and that's when I'll make my decision on which game I'm gonna buy.
I tried out a bunch of new games at Pinfest in Allentown,but I seemed to enjoy JP the most out of all of the new pins out there.
P.S
I owned a Dialed In,and it was fun,but also very frustrating at times! The shot in JP you have to hit to launch a missile,kind of reminds me of that bastard Sim card shot in Dialed In.

#11211 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

It really depends upon what you like - for example do you want a game with long ball times or do you want a tougher game that will challenge you, yet can be immensely satisfying when you have a cracker of game and it will improve your playing skills? Yes JP can be frustrating but you've played one and enjoyed it the most (compared to others), so clearly you weren't put off by it being too hard. The funny thing is (well for me anyway) is that as I start to learn the rules and try to work my way through the gameplay, my scores go backwards but they do eventually improve again The other thing is that if you are struggling, you can always bump up the number of balls per game while you are initially getting used to the game.

I just placed my order for a Jurassic Park Premium. I won't get it until December,but I'm okay with the wait. I told my wife it's our Christmas present. She's not as happy as I am, maybe because she doesn't play pinball.

#11283 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Oh wow, that's quite the difference, and would actually likely help the situation I'm seeing where the end of the wood divot-guide does not align with the forks. Do you guys not experience the side-to-side ricochet problem at all, that causes the scoop plunge to fail?

Not sure if this will help. I bought a very low play Metallica (250),that was shooting a little to the left. I loosened the shooter rod assembly,and placed a 1/16" shim on the left side, inside the cabinet. It worked pretty good,and the ball no longer shoots to the left.

#11306 2 years ago

My friend gave this subwoofer to me.Would this work for my Jurassic park,when I get it?

IMG_20210815_221754454 (resized).jpgIMG_20210815_221754454 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11423 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Stern code, custom code, the game is still great with either one. Don't let the inability (potentially) to run custom code keep you from buying or enjoying this game. It is masterful. One of Stern's best in the last 5 years.

I agree,100%. When I owned a Dialed In,the animations were amazing. The problem was I only saw them when someone else was playing.
I also don't care if my JPP December run, has the new features that allow the user to go online with their machine, because to be honest I can't be bothered.

#11439 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I usually add one of these to my pins to be on the safe side. Converts a high level balanced output (i.e. the cabinet woofer) to the low level, single-ended input the active sub wants. And provides ground isolation.
I actually have these (or similar versions) in each pin and run the outputs to a cheapie mixer, with the mixer output going to two subs
[quoted image]

I was thinking of picking up this set of speaker cables. What would I need to connect the device you recommended to the speaker cables I'm thinking of getting?

Screenshot_20210828-123634-775 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210828-123634-775 (resized).png
#11441 2 years ago

This is the sub woofer I plan on using.

IMG_20210815_221754454 (resized).jpgIMG_20210815_221754454 (resized).jpg
#11449 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Get the pinnovators external sub add on. I have bought 3 already and I get one for each stern I buy. Only $35
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

Don't tell the guys on the Metallica club thread, I'm gonna use this on my JPP instead of my Metallica

#11450 2 years ago

OK, so you have both types of inputs - line level and speaker level. You can use either of the two methods to connect. What is that white powder looking stuff inside the speaker port on the back? It almost looks like it is full of sand?
The speaker wires that you w :mrgreen:ere thinking about getting would simply clip onto the terminals + and - terminals on the cabinet speaker and run to one set of the big black (-) and red (+) "speaker level in". It doesn't matter which you use left or right. Be very careful if you go this method to make sure everything is power off before you connect.
Otherwise you can buy a Pinnovators device which is similar to the device the other guy posted and use the regular audio cables to connect to the connectors labeled "line in" on the subwoofer.
Other notes on sub settings: Set the phase to 0, on/auto/off to auto and set the "lowpass" to around 150hz (stay below "bypass"). Tweak the volume as desired, this will take a little playing to get the machine and the woofer to the right volume to have a nice balance of sound.

Thats dust from sitting in my buddies basement

#11506 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Okay so I bought one of the amber shooter rods from stern. Problem is that the shooter rod 'sticks' when pulled back. It isn't nearly as smooth as the original shooter rod. Any ideas of how to go about fixing this? I have done some research and it seems most people's solution is to take it apart and clean it.. but this thing is brand new.

Maybe spraying the shooter rod with 100% Silicone spray would help?

3 weeks later
#11721 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Actually you *can* mess up the alignment of the collar if you are unaware of the following two details:
1) Since the shaft has a flat surface on one side, IF you can rotate the collar by more than 50-degrees in either direction, then the allen screw will bite into the rounded part of the shaft and you may not even know it. Locking it down at 180-degrees off is quite possible and will result in what was seen above.
2) But more troubling, is if you tighten the set screw too tight while the shaft is positioned in the right direction, but with too little vertical gap, the truck will rub the playfield and wont spin freely. Overtightening the set screw will create a crater in the flat area, and if the vertical gap is too small, it's then impossible to fix the vertical gap unless you repair the shaft flat surface to remove the crater. (easy enough to repair the shaft with a flat file)

How did you make out with the new "Thrust Ball Bearings" you installed on your Jeep? I saw that you mentioned you were replacing the first set of bearings you added with a different set?
Thanks
Ralph

#11725 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, I’m in on a JP Prem…but with the pandemic and shortages across the globe…will Stern keep making this…or is it done and I should move on…Godzilla and Mando are taking the supply. Just wondering.

There’s supposed to be a December run,but I’m afraid Stern might delay it so they can grab the 2022 price increase?

#11729 2 years ago

They work terrific. I ended up using the smaller F7-13M bearing. Fits right where the plastic one fits.

Thank you,any chance you still have the link for these bearings? I have the first set you recommended on my Amazon list. I’ll have to switch them out for the new ones you switched to. I have plenty of time,since my game won’t be ready until December ,if all goes well?

#11737 2 years ago

The thrust bearings comes in two styles: one with flat and one with channeled sandwiched washers, depending on the manufacturer. I went with the channeled type surrounding washer which apparently extends the life of the bearing and reduced maintenance since the bearings don't have to mesh with a flat surface. The links have changed, but here is one:
amazon.com link »

Thanks for the help !

#11743 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

There is both pro and premium/LE owners on this particular thread, but you may want to take this issue to the JP premium/LE thread (as there will be others with that gate mechanism to look at it and help you troubleshoot the issue).
Link for that thread is below.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/159#post-6450129

What we need is another club thread for Pro only owners I really hope this two club thread for the same game,dies with JP.

2 weeks later
#11816 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Joined the club yesterday with a pro from my local distributor. So stoked on my first Elwin pin. The layout is so much different than the other games in my collection, and I’m guessing it will be a hit with guests who come over.
Sorry to be one of those people. But… there are a lot of pages in this thread and it would be impossible to read them all. Would someone be so kind as to fill me in on any pro owner issues I should address, or is this game pretty bulletproof? Any must have mods??? It does seem like a darker game than my others (not in theme, literally, it’s dark). Just embrace that, or are there any lights that are recommended to add?
[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s not impossible to read the important information in this thread.I just skim over the fluff or things I don’t care about but pay attention to common problems . That way you have a game plan for when you have the same problem pop up on your game. I do this on every new game I purchase.
The real problem for new game owners, is the two club thread. This should have been shot down on day one! Now the original poster is long gone,and we’re left with the mess. :doh

#11842 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The real problem is the Moderators deemed it ok to have separate threads for the LE and Premium guys. This owners club is for ALL models, and ALL owners. I too personally despise having to comb through multiple threads. In the event I own a game with multiple owners threads, I choose the one with more followers, favorites, information and forget the others. I also dislike the exclusive threads for LE owners simply because the game has 1 or 2 extra toys. And I'm far from long gone, I love my JP. It ain't going no where, even if it's a lowly Pro model
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c3cf46e37b9a3bcaf39c3b15e292cab3e851c45b-1634096032-1800"};
//]]>

I meant the guy who started the JP Premium/le club. He sold his JP Le,and now we're stuck with having two clubs for the same game.

#11896 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have a JP premium that I just picked up late last week (NIB from the July run!) and am installing the Tilt Graphics side blades. I see there is no cutout for the hinge bolts recessed into the cabinet. Are people just going right over that area and concealing it or are you cutting it out with an exacto knife. i want to do some powder coating down the road so i'm guessing I will need to cut the hole out, but am curious what others have done. I typically only go with mirror blades, which have the cutouts, but wanted to try the side blades as I do like how they look on this game. thx

So far,these are my favorite blades. Do you remove your playfield when you install them?

#11928 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Wanted to post a follow-up for a feeling of intermittent weak right lower flipper I was experiencing.
Over the last week or so I had made a post or two talking about a intermittent feeling of a weak right lower flipper. Playing it at factory strength settings. Examining the coil plunger EOS, etc everything checked out okay. My main feeling/experience was that sometimes I was having a hard time getting the ball fully up the left ramp, which was frustrating.
In light of this experience, and feeling like maybe the last thing to try was the PinMonk coil cooling fans thinking that possibly something about the coil was getting hotter than it should, which has been a known issue with some of the newer sterns, I picked some up and gave them a try.
Firstly, let me commend PinMonk as the packaging was great, the installation was super straightforward and simple and the overall design was quite elegant.
So I installed the fans and played a game and found that I was still having a very difficult time rather early on in gameplay in getting up that left ramp. Some shots would blaze right through, but ~40-50% felt like they were either just making it around the corner, or just getting up just out of view to only come right back down. Again, amazingly frustrating.
I went ahead and started feeling like, shit, Fk my life...but once I got my act together, I started thinking that maybe there might be an issue with the left ramp itself, something that's just not quite right, so I started looking at it intensely.
...Sure as shit, and mind you this is a NIB that I picked up only a month or two ago, and I do have experience with this game as Ive owned two premiums in the past, (this one's a pro, super happy btw)....But sure enough, the person that installed the left ramp plastic roof cover (that extends behind the backboard of the playfield) didn't put those black spacers on correctly!!! As opposed to putting the black spacer in between the plastic roof and the ramp, they put them on top! Nice QC!!!! No fking wonder the balls were making it up just out of view and coming back or just barely making it through, they were squeezed to hell back there!!!!
Can't believe I didn't notice that before. Unbelievable. As soon as I saw that, I knew immediately that was the problem, and I was kicking myself in the butt for not noticing it before. So it was all but one that was installed incorrectly, I fixed that. I went ahead and took the opportunity to give a little cleaning to the playfield, put the glass on, played a game and was blazing that left ramp all day long. Perfect. Down to zero issues right now with this game, and that feels great.
Anyway, in synopsis, the problem had nothing to do with a hot coil, PinMonks design is elegant and easy to install and highly recommended for those that need it, the issue was ultimately due to poor QC at Stern with incorrect installment of the spacers in between the left ramp and the left ramp plastic roof cover.
...whew...

Stern doesn't need to concern themselves with QC. They know that most of their customers will fix the games regardless,so why even bother with QC. Full speed ahead,just keep the line moving!

#11958 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Thanks! Just joined this thread so apologies.

No need to apologize,that's what this club thread is for

#12009 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Talk about painful………
Over 2 billion, made it to both secure control room and museum mayhem, beat museum mayhem, just had to spell map to get to visitors center and I had captured 7 dinos went the long way and got the T. rex and the spinosaurs, had 7 fossils, so I was poised to have my biggest visitors center bonus ever, and I noticed I just needed one more DNA combo for an extra ball, hit the left ramp, helipad ramp and then BRICKED the raptor pen on the right post for a SDTM! Would have had an extra ball and probably been over 3 billion for the first time! Devastating yet so much fun at the same time, my arms are sore, played Chaos, T. rex, raptor twice, spinosaurus and Victory laps from museum mayhem so 6 different multiballs.
This game is sooooo good!!

I always thought golf was the cruelest of all hobbies but I think pinball has taken over that spot.

#12046 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Added Lermods full plastic protector kit to my prem and very happy with it. Also added a custom speaker insert to the speaker light kit.
A couple before and after pics in there.
These were kind of a pain to put on, raptor pit was the worst. All the other ones went on without too much work. I thought for sure I was going to have to remove the ramps but didn't have to go that far. The piece below T-Rex was difficult but not as hard as Raptor - just know you can do it without removing any ramps. Take lots of photos along the way and mind the post heights when you remove them, lots of different heights and if you put them back in out of place it will cause issues.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really nice,I'm holding off on buying any more mods for my up coming Jurassic park Premium. I have no idea now when it's ever gonna be produced,and at what price? I did buy a Tilt Topper,before the price increase was announced so If I pass on my JP,I'll just have to sell it.

#12051 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I can answer one of those questions for you. A premium JP starting in Jan 2022 will be $8999 MSRP.

My distributor told me they'll honor the original price I was quoted in August,but I'd have to pay 200.00 extra for the QR reader. If the original price I was quoted does change,I'll just cancel my order.

4 months later
#13435 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I've got a premium on order from the batch set to be done in April/May. I've been gathering all of the accessories I want to install in it, so I've got the Stern topper and shooter, cliffys, art blades, etc. all ready to install day one. I played an LE on location the other night and was absolutely blown away by the bass rumble of the T-rex roar filling the space. It reminded me of seeing that first movie in the theater. I know the LEs have upgraded speakers over the other models, but how well do the standard speakers do with this? Do I want to look at enhancing the sound system if I want this kind of effect? If so is there a best option for this? I have a few games but I've never upgraded the speakers on anything.

I don’t believe we’re going to see our JP anytime soon.

3 weeks later
#13517 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I put a deposit down first week of January and I still doubt I get one. Distributor had 10 ordered for the April run and Stern is sending 2. Says I'm next on the list if he gets any more. But who even knows if that's true... probably told ten people the same line to keep them from moving their deposits.

Yeah, it’s kinda slimy stringing people along, and holding thousands of dollar’s interest free, for months on end.Especially when they know they’re not getting enough games to fill their orders. It’s no wonder they don’t tell you where you stand in line, all the interest free money would dry up.

#13534 2 years ago

I'd love to get one of these Velociraptors for my game room ! I wonder if it would get along with my two dogs.

FB_IMG_1649200781751 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1649200781751 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#13614 2 years ago

Is the whole cliffy set necessary? And which protectors were a pain in the ass to install? I haven't ordered yet, because I'm not even sure I'm ever going to get a game, with the crazy backlogs at Stern ?
Stern 2019 Jurassic Park Prem/LE 2pc shooter ejects, 2-bank Raptor pen, carbon fiber flipper post base, 2pc carbon fiber ramp entrances, 2 switch slots and outhole drain set

1 week later
#13735 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Holy shit, let me post a picture of my Pro so we can get off the "bitch about tools" theme we're on lately.
Back on track!!!!
[quoted image]

Have you ever needed a terminal extractor tool for this machine.

1 week later
#13828 1 year ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I've been working on adding some additional mods to my game. Put a LED strip at the back of the playfield for better lighting. Added some green LEDs behind the foliage plastics at the back too. Added some palm trees throughout the playfield.
Added the Mezel mods raptor tower, raptor fence, and signs. I repainted the raptor tower and weathered it a bit.
Also, I took a stab at adding a helicopter. I used a 1/72 scale die cast version of the Augusta A109 that I got off of eBay. I repainted it to closer resemble the helicopter from the original film. I also added a blue led in the cockpit and a spotlight to help illuminate the chopper better.
Loving this game, challenging but so much fun.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was told I'm in the next run for JP. I'm still not buying any mods, because who really knows when the next run will happen ? I don't really add a lot of mods to my games,but so far this is a must add in my book !

Screenshot_20220516-003232-715 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220516-003232-715 (resized).png
#13831 1 year ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Thanks for the suggestion!

Here's some wire, that a Pinsider recommended to mount the dinosaur. It's pretty cheap and I just ordered some,since the price dropped from 6.50 to a 1.19.
So I broke my rule,and bought half a mod.

Screenshot_20220516-115053-257 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220516-115053-257 (resized).png
1 week later
#13904 1 year ago

Does anyone use this stuff ? As long as none of the wire strands are broken, I'm guessing it'll be a good product to have in your toolbox?

Screenshot_20220523-224846-222 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220523-224846-222 (resized).png
#13946 1 year ago

Looks like my Jurassic Park membership might never materialize ? I haven't heard anything from my distributor. I don't know if this last May run is the end of the line for JP.

#13989 1 year ago
Quoted from athomepinsider:

My NIB JP Premium came in but plans changed. 10k if anyone is looking for one. Milwaukee, WI. Pick up only.

It's nice to see that all the flippers are getting their games !

Screenshot_20220531-213710-409 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220531-213710-409 (resized).png
3 months later
#14915 1 year ago

I'm coming up on my one year anniversary for putting down a deposit for Jurassic Park .

#14919 1 year ago

I just got off the phone with the distributor, it looks like sometime in April. Hopefully it's April 2023 she meant.

11 months later
#18399 8 months ago

Well after two years I'm finally in the club. The deal with my X distributor fell through,so I bought this from a local Pinsider. It's a blessing in disguise, he gave me a great deal and the game is loaded,and already dialed in for me.

IMG_20230824_192518 (resized).jpgIMG_20230824_192518 (resized).jpgIMG_20230824_192518 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_20230824_192518 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_20230824_192518 (3) (resized).jpgIMG_20230824_192518 (3) (resized).jpgIMG_20230824_192518 (5) (resized).jpgIMG_20230824_192518 (5) (resized).jpgIMG_20230824_161453334 (resized).jpgIMG_20230824_161453334 (resized).jpg
#18487 8 months ago

Has anyone who installed Mezel Mods Rapture tower have any problems with ball traps ? I read somewhere that the mod did cause a ball trap on one person’s game. I’m curious if that's true with every game that had this mod installed. The JP I picked up last week came with this mod uninstalled. I’m just wondering if it’s worth installing or not?

#18651 7 months ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Finally got to play the new code. Love it! The new callouts, the nerdy save and the adjusted control room modes make this game even better. Finally virus attack is worth playing, great risk reward of how many shots you want to hit before the collect at the control room. Got 233 million on it the first time I played it, previous best was 99 million. Anyone know how high this mode can go now? I hit all the shots once before the first collect but the second two collects I didn’t hit as many as I had 2x running and didn’t want to miss the collect. It had gotten to the point I only selected virus attack as the last one or if I was really focused on a paddock like TREX or Spinosaurs and was going to ignore it anyway.

I didn't know that Mr. Petermen from Seinfeld did some of callouts in the game. " Why would Nedry do this".

#18679 7 months ago

I found a nice topper today at a local garden center. It weighs 275 pounds,I hope it's not too heavy?

IMG_20230901_143342044 (resized).jpgIMG_20230901_143342044 (resized).jpgIMG_20230901_143410728_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230901_143410728_HDR (resized).jpg
#18737 7 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I just chose "INVALID?" and hit the Smart Missile shot.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
That's the funniest thing I've seen in a pin in a long time.

I think there's something wrong with my missle launcher.I've only hit the target once since I picked up this game over a week ago.

1 week later
#19000 7 months ago

Is that your topper and could only carry it that far?

</blockquot

#19082 7 months ago

These mods came with my HUO JP, unopened in their shipping box.
It's Mezel Mods Rapture Lookout tower .
JP pinball flipper toppers-distressed caution tape.
And a faux bamboo roof for raptor lookout tower. Not sure who made it?
Looking for 150 + shipping.

IMG_20230918_150600801 (resized).jpgIMG_20230918_150600801 (resized).jpg Added 7 months ago:

Edit.Sold

#19133 7 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Lol. I'm amazed at how dirty both my new Sterns were after a few hundred plays, perhaps that's the answer.

I had the black on my Metallica,and the black was definitely making my playfield dirty. Once I switched them out,my microfiber towel that I use to clean the playfield never looks dirty anymore after a cleaning.

#19253 7 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Did a little decorating today
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The paint job on the Tower looks really good,and the bamboo roof ,and the trees are a nice finishing touch.

#19289 7 months ago

I bought a “ JURASSIC PARK BEHIND THE RAPTOR PLASTIC.” for my game last week. I figured I'd wait until I did get a ball stuck behind the raptor before I added the piece. I guess it's time,I got two stuck their during Chaos multiball tonight.
Of course it happened when I was on my way to beating my highest score.

IMG_20230924_201753903 (resized).jpgIMG_20230924_201753903 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#19596 6 months ago

Quoted from freegame450:

Those of you with tower shot rejects may want to consider what I did a couple years ago. See Post #8395. It solved the problem for me.

Thanks,good idea marking the screw with a sharpie where the ball hits . I used a Dremel on the screw head,and now the Tower shot is nice and smooth.

#19602 6 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I think I’m going that route .For some reason the ball is now getting stuck behind the carbon piece I installed where the flap lays over the ramp .Ugh .

I was able to use a screw driver with a claw like grip on it,and I came in from the top. One of the best tools I ever bought for pinball repairs.I need a set of good magnetic screw drivers. The ones I bought from Amazon are garbage. They got good reviews but you can't trust Amazon reviews. Now when I buy from Amazon, I check the reviews with the Fake Spot app.You wouldn't believe all of the fake and tampered with reviews on Amazon.
IMG_20231012_170624534 (resized).jpgIMG_20231012_170624534 (resized).jpgIMG_20231012_170710596 (resized).jpgIMG_20231012_170710596 (resized).jpg

#19626 6 months ago

Look what I removed from my HUO pin,that I bought in August. I did the same thing with my Metallica HUO pin when I bought it. I hope I didn't depreciate the value of my machines. I do the same thing when I buy a new car,that manual is coming out of the glove box.
One more thing,I cringe everytime I hear the words goodie bag. I thought there would be a Snickers bar in the first one I ever opened,what a scam !

IMG_20231014_142743134 (resized).jpgIMG_20231014_142743134 (resized).jpg
#19629 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

There goes the resale.

The guy I bought my Metallica Roadcase from told me he'd like " The right of first refusal" if I ever sold it. I probably blew that opportunity too .

3 weeks later
#19968 5 months ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Got this signed today by Wayne Knight at RI Comicon. He said it annoys him to hear his voice coming out of the machine all the time. He is also amazed thst so much new stuff is coming out from a 30 year old movie, like the new Barbasol can with his voice tracks. He also says he doesn't get any compensation from this stuff because the union sucks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm glad he does some of the call outs in the game. I don't think any call out ever made smile when I drained,like the call out "No wonder you're extinct.

#20025 5 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

So cool.love to hear the back story.</blockquote ppl

I know some of you guys don’t like it ( translite ) but it looks pretty cool to me. The stripes on the top and the stripes I put on the flippers are a cool touch to the game.
[quoted image]

As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

#20054 5 months ago

Anybody else have a problem replacing the rubber by the Helipad? The post is so close to the ball guide,that It cuts the new rubber during installation. I was gonna hit the edges of the ball guide with a file,to remove the sharp edges,but I don't think that'll help . Any tricks to installing the rubber so it doesn't get sliced?

IMG_20231112_201234811 (resized).jpgIMG_20231112_201234811 (resized).jpg
#20071 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

I replaced all the rubbers besides a couple. How difficult is it to take the raptor pit apart to replace the ones in there ?

It's not too bad,a magnetic nut driver makes it much easier.

#20185 5 months ago

Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m thinking of one of these 2 collectibles for a topper. They’re both a good size and with Comet’s help, can really POP!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the first one but they all look pretty nice.

#20209 5 months ago

I replaced my rubber rings a couple of weeks ago. I just added a nylon washer under the nylon lock nut,to take up the slack. I guess it does move the truck's newton ball forward a touch, changing the contact points a bit. But the truck has been working like a champ,since I cleaned and lubed the bearing with silicone.
If I notice any changes in the truck's performance,I'll add another rubber ring,but so far it's working better than when I brought it home.

IMG_20231121_230158111 (resized).jpgIMG_20231121_230158111 (resized).jpg

#20215 5 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Speaking of the truck, does anyone know the part numbers for the ball bearing washer that allows the truck to spin? Also, the opto interrupter that gets mounted to the base of the spinner shaft? They're missing from the manual.
[quoted image]

I just ordered these from eBay to replace the ball bearings for the truck. They were recommended in one of the JP post.

Screenshot_20231122-093545-320 (resized).pngScreenshot_20231122-093545-320 (resized).png
#20231 5 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I’ve been following this thread for months, since before I bought my JP30, and I’m a bit confused about all this talk about bearings and rubbers for the jeep mechanism. Mine is obviously new but what about the mechanism is being fixed/improved by the changes being described? I have had to replace node boards, fix stuck switches, dremel the raptor tower ball guide screw, installed plastic protectors and precision flippers, tightened the T-Rex jaw but the jeep is one place in the machine I’ve never touched. What should I be looking out for?

You're truck is probably just fine. Mine was starting to hang up in a 12 o'clock position,and it wouldn't complete it's revolution until it was hit by a ball. It also didn't move sometimes when the newton ball was hit. Other times,it wouldn't complete it's revolution,and it would stop before hitting the stationary newton ball.
After I cleaned and added silicone lube ,it worked great. I only ordered the new thrust bearings, because they were pretty cheap,and easy enough to install . I haven't received them yet,so I can't comment on how good they are .

#20235 5 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I need to chime in on this bearing issue, even if I get crap for it.
The bearing from Amazon that has been posted here as a better replacement for the Stern bearing is not.
The bore for the Stern bearing is .25 inches, or 6.35 millimeters. The bore size on the Amazon bearings is 7.0 millimeters. As a result, the Amazon bearing does not fit correctly as there is too much play as the bearing does not sit perfectly centered on the shaft. The Amazon bearing may be better quality, but if it doesn't fit the machine exactly right, what good is it?
After seeing this in the machine, I chose to stick with the Stern bearing.
The Stern bearing uses steel balls just like the Amazon bearings; The only difference is that they are held together with a plastic cage rather than a metal one.
I periodically clean the bearings with a little Iso Alcohol to keep them free of any dust buildup. I use the smallest amount of sewing machine oil to lube them up after cleaning.

I bought mine from eBay,and hopefully it's a better fit,than the Amazon bearings. Plus I got a pack of four sets with my order. The Amazon offer only included one set.

1 week later
#20386 4 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Awesome play, and thank you for the very interesting notes

Wow, what a play! Thats a crazy, wild score
It’s posts like these that give extra motivation to try and get one of these big scores. Very cool

Am a big fan of Mr_Tantrum’s side rail caution toppers (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/164#post-5972432). They are 3D printed, instead of being a decal, like his flipper covers.
[quoted image]
Definitely compliments the game well.
[quoted image]
The bright yellow is always welcome
[quoted image]

I don't normally add a lot of mods to my games,but this is one of my favorite mods,I just had to get..

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Close Shave America, Close Shave Barbasol. Well, at least at first appearance. Actually, this is a secret refrigerated container designed to conceal vials of stolen dinosaur DNA ...”
26 days ago
Fort Worth, TX
45 (Firm)

#20401 4 months ago

I don't have any performance tips,but just remember,the truck changes your path.

1 week later
#20475 4 months ago

IMG_4204 (resized).jpegIMG_4204 (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Not very original,but I just couldn’t help myself.

3 weeks later
#20566 3 months ago

This should help you.

3 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 12,999.99
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphs007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=ralphs007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.