(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,328 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Watched movie last night and glad Stern didn't get all the assets.
Game is much better as it is, and with Keith's coding, is going to be a classic
Didn't like the tilt sound initially but love it now!
Only thing stopping me buying is the playfield issues.
I want a nice playfield, without band aid washers - is that too much to ask?

U gotta be kidding me....there is no doubt if Stern had more assets it would improve the game experience....they didn't get the assets because Stern was too cheap or the cost was out of whack.

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Impossible. This is Jurassic Park. POTC is hardly in the same league and for someone like me who actually doesn't care for pirates it was helpful so you're right BUT thuis is JP. I love JP. This will never be a strong suit of the game.
For someone who doesn't love JP, I would agree. At the same time, if these pinball companies want to do an IP, do the damn IP. don't half ass it like stern did here. That's all.

All they needed to do was secure the actors images, and a few video clips/images from the first movie and I would have been perfectly content. The fact that there are basically none makes this a dinosaur game with the jurassic park logo and theme song. Such a shame because its such a great layout, but it doesn't do the license justice (at all)....for those who care (like myself)....

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Just got my game this morning. Washers on the posts, flipper post is tight, raptor gate is fine, no clear issues. They added a color instruction card I was surprised to see. Only have a handful of games in but there is so much I am impressed with. The combo skill shots for me were new In the combos just feel so smooth.[quoted image]

Nice....the yellow cards look completely out of place now

2 years later
#14083 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Has any of you bought this topper on eBay? Just wondering. Looks pretty cool.
[quoted image]

Very cool....how much is it? couldn't find it on Ebay

#14119 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

An over priced condom for your T-Rex!

Thats funny! and not far off

#14147 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah for some reason the right ramp and orbit are just a pain in the ass. Amber shot depending which way the truck faces can be tough. Oh and the trap shots are fun too because you can really only hit one at a time, depending which way the truck is facing, and from specific flippers. You can hit the right one from the left flipper if the truck is facing left, but it's VERY strict. You like have to nick the edge of it. I also find the ball feels to travel faster in this game but probably due to having it set at the recommended 7 degrees instead of 6.5 like most games.
I'd say it also feels hard because there are so many bricked shots (some off the post by the right ramp/orbit) that go straight down the middle or outlane and it's so damn fast you have no time to react. Also the smart missile is a really fun shot that is tough. I also find it hard to concentrate on one goal because there is just so much shit to do and pretty much 100% of the time I get side tracked doing something else that wasn't my goal when I started lol.
I've had mine since November and my best score is in the 700 millions lol, and I just got that like a month ago. So you're clearly better at pinball than me! I'll be the first to admit I'm still a noob and this was my first pin. I do kind of want to get a GZ Premium too but I don't have the funds for it now, but may try to sell off some arcade games to help fund it.

Great comments....I'm curious why 7 degrees is the magic number? I say that because I just picked mine up last week, and from habit just set the game to 6.5 degrees at the flippers

#14150 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I found mine slow and floaty at 6.5

thanks

#14152 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

If I am not mistaken, there is a quote from Elwin himself (in this thread somewhere or the LE/Prem thread I think) where he says it was designed for 7 degrees.

Thanks .... I actually just made the adjustment, and I can see an improvement

#14177 1 year ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

First pinball machine ever and part of the Jurassic team! Loving Elwin’s design philosophy and I’m looking forward to more of his games coming out.
Since I’m a few years LTTP, are there any default setting adjustments people recommend?
[quoted image]

very nice ! I actually like that topper better than the Stern topper although its not interactive with the game

#14180 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Not only does it look much better and is of better quality, it costs a fraction of the price too lol. I got in on the second run they did this past fall but I don't think they are doing anymore unfortunately, so only way to get it is 2nd hand now a days.
It may be worth shooting them a message though. I randomly asked them about it back in November if they were going to be making anymore and that is when they let me they were currently working on a second run that they weren't advertising and they put me on that list.

I heard they weren't making anymore .... but its very well done and far better looking than the Stern model

#14182 1 year ago

I just noticed that at the bottom of my JP play field theres a Jaws-LE sticker ....Hmmmm

#14184 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Jaws is the Stern codename for JP

Gotcha...makes sense

#14211 1 year ago

Anyone know how to get ahold of the revised game code that uses the actual movie clips?

Thanks

#14249 1 year ago

Just thought I'd post a picture of the Art of Pinballs Trex and signs. The Trex is an incredible improvement over the original. Relatively easy installation with detailed instruction video included. Highly recommended improvement to your JP.

Attached are a few pictures....available to purchase in the states at little shop of games website.

image0 5 (resized).jpegimage0 5 (resized).jpegimage1 2 (resized).jpegimage1 2 (resized).jpeg
#14252 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Art of Pinball T-Rex is awesome, but I'm not really a fan of his signs for the two ramps. I like the ones Mezel has more, but even they get it wrong IMO. The circle for the light on Mezel's should have been removed and the names "ADVANCE PADDOCK" "EXTRA BALL" etc, should have been translucent so the actual words light up when that's available. With no circle, the lettering could have been bolder and larger, too.

That above my creative pay grade I'm not familiar with those signs, but these are really high quality. Definitely an improvement over the stock signs

#14255 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Both versions are way better than stock, that's for sure.

I was a doubter, but the Trex is a MASSIVE improvement over stock

#14300 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

JP side armor for sale. Brand new in the package.
Not cheap as it was difficult and expensive to come by -just giving a preemptive warning.
If you would like to investigate message me.
I will donate to Pinside if I sell on here.
Also willing to trade for a playfield. [quoted image]

Post in the market place...not sure why u posted no information....I heard stern is doing another run of these by the way

#14305 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Wants stupid money.... maybe someone will be dumb enough

Whats he asking?

#14307 1 year ago

Thats funny!

#14320 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Would you trade a 7 week old JP Premium for a really nice LOTR?

I would say if the LOTR is truly in great shape, and has a color dmd, shaker and few other nice upgrades (i.e topper, glass, Cliffy's, etc) than its pretty close to being a wash. LOTR is a great game and on par with JP

#14321 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

They were $250...and will be again...

I can get charging a premium for a current out of stock item, but 5x is just stupid....

#14354 1 year ago

Well the good news is u can drain this thread and never return

#14359 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Yea cool. Thanks. All because I offered something at high price. Nah. I’ll stay. Thanks, dick.

I was trying to save you the embarrassment of getting slammed in this thread

2 weeks later
#14637 1 year ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I installed your flipper kit and bushings. Installation was easy and I think they look really nice. I do feel a difference when the ball hits the flipper, the bouncy feeling is not there. I can catch and trap the ball better and the shots are definitely more accurate. I found that I am more easily able to make the call outs and lit shots, thus improving my score. I am not a great player by any means but after a couple of games I was consistently in the upper 400 million.
So far, looks like a great product.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look nice! How much are they for a complete set for JP?

#14638 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They look nice! How much are they for a complete set for JP?

Never mind ....just looked $85

#14649 1 year ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Actually they were about $160 including the 3 bushings and shipping

Oh wow....thats not cheap for flippers

#14656 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Considering all the unnecessary cosmetic things people pay hundreds of dollars for to put on their games as decoration (I'm guilty on both ends) and the fact that flippers are THE primary/integral component of gameplay; I'd say these are actually a real bargain in comparison. Note that I have not tried them yet but am looking forward to doing so.

Good point...everything in this hobby is pricey

#14693 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I love my premium but I think the raptor pitt is more satisfying on the pro. It’s kind of like a mini loop shot that returns to the flipper.
Though for both, the raptor Pitt is the weakest part of the game. It’s my only critique of this masterpiece. I wish the section was used as a regular shot and integrated across modes, sort of how mechagodzilla is both its own little multiball function but also essentially one of the games main shots too.

I love the raptor pit, and everything about it

3 months later
#15316 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Just bought a Jurassic Park LE and looking for a Tilt Topper. Shoot me a PM if you have one for sale. May also consider a Stern factory topper

I have the tilt topper and its awesome....I saw one for sale on the local craigslist a few weeks ago

1 month later
#15693 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Not maiden bro (though that’s on my list too ha) I asked TWD vs JP.

Its a tough choice....TWD is probably Lymans best coded game, and is fast, and challenging

#15698 1 year ago

Both....the only way to really tell is to buy both and play them side by side.....they are very different

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12,999.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.