(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,327 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 minutes ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider projektpat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9021 3 years ago

I am officially part of this club. Picked up a brand new machine from Little Shop of Games on Saturday. I have a few questions.

Where can I get the moving T-Rex mod for this? I've seen a lot of mumblings on it across the net but no store.

Where is the extra ball located on this game? I got it lit but could not find the light on the playfield.

I installed a shaker motor which was a huge improvement, glad I did that. I've ordered a few mods. Barbasol can, raptor toy with light, 3D raptor pen, flipper caution stickers, and spinning helicopter blade all from mezel.

Is there anyway to get the premium pop bumper tops in the aftermarket?

#9024 3 years ago

Also what is the button used for

#9025 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Extra ball is Pteranodon ramp (light on sign above it).

Ah oh I was looking at the playfield for the light haha.

#9028 3 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

The button is used to scroll through your options on a smart missile

Yeah I keep failing the smart missile because I didn't realize you scroll through anything, I'm just hitting the button trying to launch the missile.

#9033 3 years ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

The user is yoyokopter, and here is a link to his mods thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yoyokopter-mod-development-and-reviews-thread
I just installed the TRex alive mod this weekend. Works great, and adds a lot to the game. I didn't have the budget for the Premium version of the machine, so this mod makes it the next best thing.

It's been ordered, thanks for the info!

#9042 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Pro owners.. Anyone else get slightly annoyed by how long the T-Rex multi-ball animation (and subsequent ball hold) is? From my experience it doesn't appear to be very responsive to 'skipping' via pressing both flipper buttons in... I assume its built this way due to the Prem/LE animated TREX, but on the pro, I wish there was a way to turn it off.

I have a shaker installed and don't mind it at all because the machine goes crazy

#9099 3 years ago

I don't understand how the hell you're reliably supposed to hit that smart missile

#9113 3 years ago

I'm not having issues with the sling constantly draining the ball but strangely enough I am having issues with the auto launcher not launching the ball up the helipad ramp

#9120 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Dilophosaurus just added
[quoted image]
If interested search internet for: Jurassic Park Dilophosaurus 6-Inch Scale Amber Collection Action Figure. I got mine on Ebay off a seller out of East Rochester, NY for $40 plus snail mail shipping, which took like 3 weeks. But they still have 6 left. Man toy collectors must cringe every time we hack one of these things up LOL
[quoted image]
Step 1 Cut her down, As you can see I did this just behind the front arms, I think she screamed a little when I did this.
[quoted image]
This was what was left after the surgery
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Then used a 1/16" drill bit and drilled on each side of the spin, there is a seam there so don't drill the center, then hooked some music wire in there.
[quoted image]
Then formed a hook, it is about 1", that will hook on one screw on the back wall
[quoted image]
Loosen screw a couple of turns so you can hook her into place
[quoted image]
Then tighten her down
[quoted image]
Adjust the hands over the sign then it is a matter of if you like her with Spit
[quoted image]
Or with out Spit. I think I like her with out spit
[quoted image]
A full view
[quoted image]
And now I am trying to decide where to put this sign, maybe cut down a bit and stick on the back wall just to the right of her but not sure yet.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I love your setup, where'd you get the other dino toys and how'd you set them up?

#9148 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Does the manual plunger make the helipad ramp?
You may need to lift the left fork in the shooter lane - see the keypost on the Prem/LE thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/28#post-5255575
Alternatively you may need to adjust the alignment of the autoplunger with the ball - see this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/120#post-5758762

Yeah this is getting worse with every play I guess I need to do this. And no it doesnt work with either the auto or the manual most of the time.

#9166 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Playing on my pro for a week now.
It's very difficult to complete all modes to the end.
It's a drain monster, so first I closed the outlane post to the max. Second lifted the front legs because the ball speed is rediculous high even flat. Third lowered the sling power a bit. Reduce the the flipper power to 225. 3 tilt warnings. Now i'am getting near the island. Haha great game I love it.

What'd you do to the outlane post exactly. Also wouldn't reducing the flipper power make it more difficult to get up the ramps?

#9181 3 years ago

Having a small issue with the t-rex ramp switch. Probably 10% of the time the switch doesn't activate causing lost skill shots and progression in general. Anyone have this issue?

#9184 3 years ago

Word. I'll try those things tonight, thanks guys!

#9186 3 years ago

Does anyone have any experience just ordering some plastic palm trees from amazon? They're like 1/10 the price than from the mod shops.

#9188 3 years ago

Speaking of cheap crap being repackaged by these mod shops, I got the 3D raptor toy "mod" the other day. It was $50. Extremely unimpressed. The hole they drilled in the tail was WAYYYYYY off from where it needed to be so I had to drill my own. So essentially I paid $50 for a raptor toy, 25 cents worth of a screw and bracket, and a small plastic dome. Would not recommend.

#9199 3 years ago

I'd like to give an update on some mods I've installed. I mentioned earlier the 3D raptor toy that was poorly done. Well today I got a box of mods from mezel mods and I'd like to give people a cautionary tale.

First up I went to install the spinning helicopter mod. The instructions say to just pull on the post and unscrew it and it will come undone. This was NOT the case. This took me about an hour to accomplish. The screw underneath would just spin with the post no matter what. I had to get a pair of needlenose pliers to get underneath it and grab the tiny screw while unscrewing it. Even doing this was INCREDIBLY difficult. My hands are all torn up and it took me an hour all said and done. Instructions were very poor. Also in the instructions it shows there's 3 pieces of tape stuck to the bottom. I only got one unattached that I had to cut up into smaller pieces.

Secondly I got the raptor pen mod. The instructions and pictures on their page make it seem like it comes with 2 pieces of wire. Instead I got 1 and it was all wrapped around itself which led to the wire being all bent up. The biggest issue however was that one of the pegs that have the holes that you thread the wire through was broken off at some point in the manufacturing process. It wasn't anywhere in the box so it must have happened on location. Also the idea that you're supposed to be able to easily tape on the 10,000 volt sign onto the wire is pretty silly. There's no way it would have held on it was just barely hanging on. I ended up super gluing it to the wire.

Overall given what I paid I'm pretty unimpressed.

That being said I took the instructions of 2manyhobbies and added the brachiosaurus and it looks great.

#9219 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've actually created a better sign design that can be used on Mezel's raptor pit (or mine) as well as other areas such as the helipad where some people have put wiring. I sell them for $10 for 2 and they include your choice of sign on front.
You run the wire through the holes and bend in center around block to prevent rotation.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's dope thanks but I already got this one on with super glue.

#9224 3 years ago

I noticed a rattling coming from the rear left of the machine yesterday during louder moments in the game. Anyone else notice this?

#9240 3 years ago

The ball getting caught up in the top is a real problem for me, anyone else? I'm constantly having to tilt because the ball gets stuck.

#9247 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

The top where?

In the pop bumpers behind the wire in the smart missile shot and behind the gate above the spitter mostly

#9248 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Love the mezel mod raptor pen mod but its way better if you use uncoated picture hanging wire because you can shred it like the wire near the trex.
Also that last hook looks broken, its printed that way to look like it was broken out of...[quoted image]

That's what they told me when I emailed them but their pictures on their page have it unbroken

#9252 3 years ago
Quoted from pinatlas:

My first post and my first pin and unfortunately it's not the kind of first post I wanted to make.
So I got a new JP 2019 machine Pro model and for a few days everything is great and I love the game. Now starting yesterday I started to noticed strange pixilation issues with certain animation segments of the game, for example the helicopter at the start shows up very pixel artifacted then switches to normal and other videos in the game do the same thing. It got worse, now I'm getting frequent crashes of the game, it would just stop and resets. I'm on 1.03 code as it came with it. This is just a few days old machine, is there something I can do to fix the crashes and animations? I can't find anything in the support section that would help me.

If I were you I'd wipe the sd card and start with a fresh image

#9352 3 years ago

I don't get it. The settings say the auto replay is set to 65 mil but I never get the replay

#9359 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I think you need to set the award for replay to extra ball, if that's what you're looking for.

It's been set to extra ball since day one

#9361 3 years ago

I need to finally get around to adjusting the launch fork ramp, it's really having issues getting up the starting ramp. Also I checked my machine with a level and it seems like it's properly leveled but the ball just repeatedly gets suck up at the top of the game in the pops area and near the spitter gate. idk

#9364 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That gate is a pretty common hang-up that can be adjusted easily. Rest a ball on it and see exactly how it is getting stuck. Then just bend the wire gate so that doesn't happen. But I would verify that you are level and at the right pitch (at least 6.5, but 7 is probably better for this game) before doing that. Same thing for the raptor pen gate.
Good luck with the ball launch. That can be a bear. Besides any physical tweaking to the forks and ramp itself, you may need to play with the autoplunger power adjustment. It sounds counterintuitive, but in some cases turning down the power helps. But it varies from machine to machine.

It's both the auto and manual plunger

#9377 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah...not a surprise with this launch design. Make sure your manual plunger is centered on the ball, both horizontally and vertically. Make sure your plunger rod end rubber is seated all the way down and not worn. Beyond that, experiment with how far you pull the plunger. If you find that it's more successful with a shorter plunge, maybe try a weaker spring. If full plunges barely have the power to make it around, try a stronger one.

I was under the impression that it's the left side of the fork that needs to be slightly lifted up

#9383 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you tried adjusting the spinner gate as suggested https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/185#post-6088169 - it's take less than a minute to fix it
In regards to the ball hang in the pops - I assume it is just to the right of the SM/Chaos gate, is that right? If you place a ball where it gets hungup and then check if the gate was held open a faction more whether this would stop the ball resting in that spot - if so you can try adjusting that gate or the wire. If that doesn't seem to be the issue, post a pic of the ball hang

Yeah that's where it's at I'll check it out

#9394 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Has any added in the rumble motor to a pro? Is it worth it?

Have had my pro for a few weeks, shaker is VERY worth it as most have said here.

1 week later
#9473 3 years ago

Is there anyway to order some better pop bumper tops for the pro? Normally everything has a detailed part number but of course to push people towards the more expensive machines nothing unique to the premium has a parts number

#9514 3 years ago

I installed the moving trex mod into my pro yesterday. Good stuff. It's more than just a trex that mindlessly moves, you plug some wires into a few of the switches and the trex will look in that direction and such. Highly recommend it if you're looking to shrink that gap between the pro and premium.

6 months later
#11602 2 years ago

My tower opto stopped working after only like 6 months. Thoughts? Did it just go bad or what? I spent like an hour messing with it earlier and didn't get a single read on it

#11633 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

You can use your phone camera (just depending upon the IR filter it has) to see if the opto emitter is working and if you have a incandescent torch that will typically work in testing the opto receiver in switch test mode. Opto emitters can and do die, although typically no after 6 months - you could also reseat the associated switch connector on the node board (look up the manual to determine specific connector, or trace the wires back).

Yeah I couldn't get anything. I took both optos out and pointed then point blank at each other and got nothing. Reseated the connectors on the node board. Stern is sending me some replacements but they're taking their sweet time. Been over a week and they haven't even shipped them.

#11634 2 years ago

Wish there was a way to turn that ramp off in the game.

1 week later
#11681 2 years ago

Does anyone know why the extra ball doesn't work sometimes? I have it set for extra ball instead of replay and it's fixed and I swear it only works like half the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.00
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider projektpat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=projektpat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.