(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,269 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinpickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10609 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Swore I wouldn't do it, but we added Pterry the Pterodactyl tonight.
[quoted image]

How is everyone mounting this?

#10617 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Piano wire. Drill a hole in it's butt to put the wire in and the other end make a small loop to fit under the washer & screw (typically the screw that holds the spiral wireform)

Perfect!!

Awesome thank you! How did you mount your trees? I was planning on the piano wire again but yours look like well mounted as well

4 months later
#11902 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:i'm actually looking at the fractured green on the prismatic site if anyone has done that color.

Fractured green is perfect.

4 weeks later
#12197 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Got word today that the truck should be picking up my JP Pro tomorrow from the warehouse. If all goes as planned and the transit times on the website are accurate, I should have my first pin on Friday.

Play this crap out of it and stay off pinside. Your wallet will thank you.

1 week later
#12306 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

The outlanes each have posts that can be moved. If you reinstall the posts to the lower pre-dirilled holes, that’ll reduce outlane drains. Also reduce the sling power can help with the frenetic back and forth that is so dangerous.

That’s a great suggestion. Never thought of that. My slings are wild as well. I’m not sure if I dislike it but they are definitely wild compared to my other pins.

#12346 2 years ago

My right orbit doesn’t always register. Some times it take me 2-4 shots to register the ‘O’ in chaos.

Opto issue? Alignment?

Any suggestions on what to test?

#12349 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Sounds like optics, and man alive, of all the shots to have to repeat, that would be my last choice
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"02f8281154bc2335fd5a30441281dacf279cbde7-1638246171-1800"};
//]]>

I couldn’t agree more. Hate that shot!

Quoted from Manny65:

First go into switch test mode and verify that the right obit entry opto is working
There have been some people report that fast moving orbit shots are not being detected, whereby the issue is that the ball has some air and doesn't fully block the opto beam - if the opto is working (the first thing to confirm) then try putting some black tape over the lower half of the opto (or the hole in the ball guide). If this solves the problem then you can add some washers to raise the opto so that you can dispense with the tape (the tape is just to confirm that this solves the issue) - check out https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/90#post-5454375

Interesting… I will definitely try this. Thank you!!

If I fire one around the orbit and keep the right flipper up it will travel back around. Some times 2 loops don’t work. Thank you

1 week later
#12389 2 years ago

Ditto. Pin really needed it.

2 weeks later
#12610 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Well here was my score today
- Tilt topper (ordered mid November and showed up yesterday)
- upgraded 5.25” speakers
- speaker light kits type 13
- stern dust cover
- Brite light LED flipper buttons (not in pic)
I’ve attached some pics of my fun for the day. Love the end result still need to adjust speaker light colors haven’t adjusted at all.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have the stock speakers with the light kit. I need to upgrade. Looks awesome!!

#12611 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stock. Tight tilt. About 6.7-6.9 pitch.
I have this on temp loan from a friend. I would say once I got good at clearing paddocks, my scores are averaging 200-300 million. I’ve maybe put 30 plays on it so far.
But yeah my score was all from doing perfect paddocks the whole way to VC. I had 2.2 billion once VC was over.

chuckwurt I came close to your score The other night but I was using 5 balls, my glass was off and I was checking every switch and every opto 14 times.

Your a beast!!

1 month later
#13141 2 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Are most people rocking the movie clip code or going with the stock code? I have had the game for a while, but haven’t tried it, am I missing out?

I have had the movie code since I purchased the game (8ths) Might have had a handful of plays before I put it on. I just switched to the stock sound and I’m enjoying it as I start to learn the rules more.

Like Manny65 said. I have 2SD cards and keep a thumb drive in the coin box. Just save the settings/scores and swap the cards.

#13142 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayont:

Tier 1 Paddock Analysis: Gallimimus vs Brachiosaurus
Alright, there was interest shown for some in depth analysis on the different paddock levels so here is post #1 where we will be comparing the tier 1 paddocks, the Gallimimus and the Brachiosaurus. I will be getting information from the tilt forums rule sheet, that can be found here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644, as well as glass off testing done by me. Refer to the Final Result on the bottom for those who don't want the specifics.
Gallimimus (left side)
We will start with the first paddock option on the left side, the Gallimimus, whose perk awards you with double bounties for the rest of the game. This multiplier effects only the score received for capturing the dino, and does not effects the perks they reward, or other bonuses they may give such as the extra ball for capturing the T-Rex. Since this is a tier one paddock, you have the whole rest of the island to cash in double bounties, making it quite a powerful choice. Here is a closer analysis of scoring potential in different cases:
keep in mind these values are ONLY the extra score earned by the perk multiplier itself, not the total points you would have received by going through the paddocks.

Maximum scoring potential to visitors center (capturing all possible dinos): 52.5 million
Minimum scoring potential to visitors center (staying to left side for quickest path and assuming you actually capture the dinos at the paddocks you visit): 30 million
More average game potential scoring (capturing 3 dinos total): 12.5-17.5million (depending on if you get optional dinos. High end is if you stay left, skipping the optional dinos)

Based on the numbers here, the Gallimimus seems like a pretty desirable choice since you will be working through the paddocks anyway, and snagging those extra points. One thing I was curious about was if the bonus applied to the captures you can get during escape Nublar, so I tested it and the bonus does NOT apply to the capture scores during escape Nublar.
Brachiosaurus (right side)
The Brachiosaurus is the first paddock on the right side of Isla Nublar and awards you with the perk of "+200k Rescue Streaks". To understand what this means you first need to understand how the scoring for rescue streaks works in the first place. The base rescue value is 500k and is always awarded when you rescue. For reach rescue after the first, an additional 400k is added to the value from the previous rescue. So a 5 rescue streak starting from scratch would have the following scoring:
500k for rescue one, 900k for rescue two (500k base value plus the 400k for being the second in a streak), 1.3mil for the third rescue (900k from previous rescue + 400k additional for continuing the streak), then 1.7mil for rescue four (1.3mil from previous rescue + 400k additional for continuing the streak), and 2.1 mil for rescue five (1.7mil from previous rescue + 400k additional for continuing the streak). This is a total of 6.5 million points.
This keeps growing for every rescue until you lose an employee to a dino. As you can see this compounds quickly. Now what the perk from the Brachiosaurus does is make it so that each rescue in the streak adds an additional 200k per rescue. This means that each rescue adds 600k to the value for each rescue in the streak instead of 400k. That makes a five rescue streak starting from scratch have the following scoring:
500k for rescue one, 1.1mil for rescue two (500k base value plus the 600k for being the second in a streak with Brachiosaurus), 1.7mil for the third rescue (1.1mil from previous rescue + 600k additional for continuing the streak with Brachiosaurus), then 2.3mil for rescue four (1.7mil from previous rescue + 600k additional for continuing the streak with Brachiosaurus), and 2.9 mil for rescue five (2.3mil from previous rescue + 600k additional for continuing the streak with Brachiosaurus). This is a total of 8.5 million points, an additional 2 million over not having the Brachiosaurus perk.
This may seem underwhelming at first, but since this streak bonus keeps growing, and you cash it in with every rescue in the streak it can get to pretty high values much quicker than without this perk. Here are some scoring scenarios for this perk:
keep in mind these values are ONLY the extra score earned by the perk itself. NOT the total scoring of the rescue streak itself (aka I'm not including the base value or the default 400k increments in the calculation)

Maximum scoring potential to visitors center (getting a perfect paddock for all dinos including optional ones. AKA getting all rescues available in one streak): 265.2 million
Minimum scoring potential to visitors center (never getting a streak at all): 0 points. Ok so this one is pretty unrealistic but so is the maximum scoring scenario, and technically you can make it there by not having a rescue streak at all the whole way, in which you would not gain any bonus from having this perk.
More average game potential scoring (capturing 3 dinos by getting half of the available rescues in each paddock, and keeping your streak alive the whole game): 11 million
More generous higher end average game (capturing 5 dinos by getting half of the available rescues in each paddock, and keeping your streak alive the whole game): 34.2 million

As you can see by those numbers the Brachiosaurus perk can earn you tons of extra points over the course of a game, but you need to make sure you're keeping your streak up, otherwise it is a bit of a dud. Also, similarly to the Gallimimus perk, this has no effect on rescues collected during the escape Nublar wizard mode.
Conclusion
Clearly both of the tier 1 dino perks can be very strong since you will carry them with you through most of the game. Which one is better at the end of the day comes down to playstyle and skill. Based on the numbers here, if you are just trying to make a race for the visitors center, the Gallimimus will generall be the better one because it will double the bounties regardless of the number of rescues or if a streak was lost. The Brachiosaurus perk is for those who want to take the time to grab every single rescue and are up to the challenge to keeping their streak alive through the tougher paddocks. If you can do this, which is quite a challenge, then the Brachiosaurus is probably the better choice. When the game starts think about what strategy you're going to use and take the one that best suits your goal. if you want perfect paddocks maybe Brachiosaurus is better but if making it to visitor center is your only goal than I believe Gallimimus is the better choice. Over all I think Gallimimus performs better in any average game, so unless you're up for the challenge of perfect paddocks I think it's a good choice.
Final Result
Gallimimus is easier to take advantage of and will likely perform better on average games. Brachiosaurus has a much higher score potential, but is significantly harder to take advantage of, requiring long rescue streaks to really get going.

Sorry for the long post, I hope you guys learned something like I did! Let me know if there's anything I should go back to add or you would like me to include in future posts. Next time I'll cover the optional spitter paddock and see if it's worth the trouble or makes little impact on scoring. Cheers y'all!!

Awesome! Thanks for this!!

#13162 2 years ago

How can you tell if they are failing?

#13164 2 years ago

Thanks.

8 months later
#15025 1 year ago

If your not a tournament player and want to enjoy all the game has.. I’m all for larger posts, 5 balls and whatever it takes to make your HUO game more enjoyable.

#15029 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah I'm definitely not a tourney player. Only played in one and it was totally casual and I had a good time. I honestly got more frustrated with JP after I got GZ because the game just lasts so much longer and obviously that is more fun lol. So I'm hoping this helps out a bit.
The most frustrating part about JP to me is just the damn random ass outlane balls. It is like a god damn magnet so I hope this helps that out while still keeping it a challenge.
Only reason I haven't played 5 ball is because I don't want it to taint my high scores.

Let me know how it works. I have my JP up for sale but if it doesn’t sell I may do the same.

#15033 1 year ago

I had the movie code up for most of the games but switch back to original. I actually prefer the original.

2 weeks later
#15203 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Cradle the ball in the left flipper, then backhand the raptor pen - once you get used to it, it's a relative easy shot to make

My nemesis shots are the right orbit and helipad. Right orbit it is harder to hit than hell pad but many of my help shots don’t have enough juice to get up the ramp.

Outlines are insane as well. Fun-strating game.

#15209 1 year ago

Movie Code Question...

Does anyone know if it works with IC at all? Any version?

I have the movie code, prefer the original but would like to have the option to switch back to the movie code if I ever sell the game.

Thanks in advance.

#15211 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Yes. 1.05 works with IC

Thank you!

#15217 1 year ago

Apron Cards...

Any recommendation? Looking to replace them for a few pins.

Thank you.

#15228 1 year ago

I’m having an intermittent issue with my right orbit “O” shot. Hit the shot twice, didn’t clear “o” or “rescue” third time it did. Opto issue? Opto alignment?

Thoughts?

Shot is hard enough as it is.

#15231 1 year ago

Thank you

#15239 1 year ago

Get the theme you prefer most.

Both pins are incredible.

#15245 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Agreed 100% for me. I have found "great" games that I didn't click with the theme and I just couldn't get into them. I have found over the years that loving the theme is ticket to entry for me. The theme can even give a pass for a "flaw(s)" in the game that other people say make the game horrible.

Absolutely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 14.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinpickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.