(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#215 4 years ago

Got some time on JP and here are some of my thoughts....

Pros:
-Fantastic layout with tons going on. This game is a combo extravaganza! Lots of ramp shots that are very satisfying.
-Great art package, the colors really pop
-Great flipper control with strong responsive flippers making control much easier
-Clear directions for progression of modes
-Love the look of dinosaurs on slings and how they stick out, and the pop bumpers with mosquitos are a nice touch.
-Liked the use of warm LED's throughout the playfield, it reminds me of the older incandescent games-better than cool white.
-Not an easy game, the shots take precise aiming and getting multi-ball is not a gimme.
-The theme is awesome and well I love the franchise(that carries a ton for me)

Cons:
-Poor lighting in the middle made it dark and hard to see. I would probably add a couple of spots to center to better illuminate the playfield.
-Pop up in the return lane? Who thought of this? It stops ball in middle of return lane for explanation of mode, absolutely terrible and it kills flow. I thought I could cancel animation with pushing both flipper buttons-but no it makes you wait. That should be the first thing they correct in code update. Good thing is-it is easily fixed with code update(hopefully).
-T-Rex looks cheap as hell. Greg with SDTM was correct that this toy looks like it was purchased from the dollar store. Super cheap looking and it would be one of the first things I swap out with a real detailed T-Rex
-Truck with newton ball also looks cheap. I thought about trying to switch out with a real metal cast version but it is a one off Gomez design and it is portrayed in most of the animations-so I would have to keep it and live with it. Wish is was metal instead of plastic(just looks cheap).
-Call-outs are a bit hillbilly and animations are sub-par. I would have preferred clips from the movies-like what Ritchie did with Star Wars.

Overall the Pros outweighed the Cons and I found it to be a fun game with that one more game feeling. I had an LE on order but decided to wait and see what I thought about the Pro version. I am glad I waited because I do think I will prefer the Pro on this one. What gets me is the cheap looking T-Rex. I plan on swapping it out and if it is motorized it would not be that easy to do. I also have the concern of the moving T-Rex on Premiums/LE's disrupting the game and killing flow. It would be cool for people to see the T-Rex moving his head and spitting out the ball but I really am not concerned with trying to impress people with a moving head-I would rather have it flow(play) better. I think Stern did a great job with this title and I think it will be a great earner for operators. My .02

1 week later
#883 4 years ago

I heard Stern stopped the line to figure out the issues. I now will sit on the sidelines and watch, I do not wish to deal with warranty issues. Funny thing is I got some time in on Wonka and I like that game as well, but ironically it has same issues with playfields? They really need to figure out the right formulas and I have a suspicion that the 'Starpost' may have something to do with problems as well? This has been going on for some time now, ie. TNA, JJP POTC, etc. I do not feel it is the manufacturers fault for not correcting it because it seems to be out of their hands as they rely on outside vendors for playfields. It really does suck the excitement of a new title right out of you. Hoping things get figured out soon.

#1061 4 years ago

So I was at Target last night and I spotted a potential good replacement for the T-Rex head in Jurassic Park. For the Pro owners I think this version looks way better and looks to be the right scale and size for the game. I think you could chop off the head with a chop saw to get a nice even cut, then I would take it a step further and do some detailed painting to make it pop even more. I think the one Stern used looks like a cheap dollar store Loch ness monster with teeth. I am still waiting to see what happens with all the issues before jumping in the pool, but thought it was cool and that I should share it...
Super Colossal T-Rex.jpgSuper Colossal T-Rex.jpgT-Rex toy.jpgT-Rex toy.jpg

1 week later
#1273 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Shorten and allow the player to skip the ball holds in a future code update.

I am surprised it has not been done yet-super annoying.

#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I don't know about them being skipped, but the time sure could be shortened.

Just allowing the player to skip by pressing both flipper buttons is all I want-can't stand watching same animation over and over.

#1279 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

EVERYTHING should be skippable with double flippers

Amen Brother!.jpgAmen Brother!.jpg
#1348 4 years ago

Well I have to say waiting for the first couple runs of production to get all the kinks worked out may be the way to go from here on out. Add 'pooling' to the long list of manufacturer defects.

Questions to ask when buying a used Stern machine...

Transformers-"Does your machine have wrinkled decals?"
AC/DC Premium-"Is your window clear or is it hazy?"
Metallica/Aerosmith-"Is your cabinet splitting or cracked?"
Ghostbusters-"Do you have ghosted inserts?"
Star Trek-"How deep are your craters on the playfield?"
Star Wars/Deadpool-"How bad is your playfield planking?"
Jurassic Park-"Do you have pooling and has it started to chip yet?"

Oy Vey!

#1478 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I noticed this jaws pro sticker in my Jurassic park today.

It is interesting with Stern's code words they come up with. I wonder if it really helps with keeping titles secret? Star Wars was named like donut or something like that. Jaws is funny because I can picture one of Stern's employees on the line spoiling the release by saying " We will be making Jaws pinball this week on the line". Then rumor mill hits and people blow up the interwebs. I actually do think Jaws will be made-maybe some foreshadowing of what is to come?

#1481 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Jaws - Jurrasic Park
Grandpa - Munsters
Furry Hats - Guardians
Donut - Star Wars (formerly Cinnabun)
Toys - Aerosmith
Shark - Batman66
Harold - Ghostbusters
Dudes - WWE
Politico - Game of Thrones
Dinner Time - Walking Dead
Bill - Star Trek
Biscuit - Mustang
Grinder - AC/DC
Star - Kiss
Not sure what Marlin turned out to be and I heard Maiden may have been Egypt

All of the code words have a slight correlation but not seeing it for Donut-Star Wars, Jaws-Jurassic and Biscuit-Mustang?

#1484 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

All of the code words have a slight correlation but not seeing it for Donut-Star Wars, Jaws-Jurassic and Biscuit-Mustang?

Donut for the shape of hyperloop?
Jaws for T-Rex Jaws that capture ball?
Biscuit-because Fords are known to fall apart and crumble easily?-Joking

#1485 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Donut (formally cinnabon) - star wars (leia's hair)
Jaws- jurrasic park (giant moving trex jaw)
Biscuit - mustang (sea biscuit. Both are horses)

Funny you beat me to it but I like my guesses

#1559 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Good old fashioned toxic chemicals.
Cant make a good clear coat without those sweet, sweet hazardous materials of the 80s and 90s

I think out of all the theories this one is the most plausible. The chemical composition of today is not the same as yesteryear due to environmental regulations. Why did they remove the color from under post? Well because there is a chemical reaction between the two substrates(ink and post). The same thing happened with the plastic inserts for Ghostbusters. Has nothing to do with how long the clear coat cured but rather the chemical composition and different chemical reactions.

4 weeks later
#2187 4 years ago

I got some time on the Pro yesterday and I am really liking JP. I need to get some good time on a Premium/LE to see if I would like better? The layout on JP is a blast and has awesome flow! The only thing I wish it had was video animations from the movie.

5 months later
#4547 3 years ago

Hey all, I have a question. Has anyone owned both the Pro and Premium/LE JP models? I am on the fence on which one I should pick up. Seems like the T-Rex is plagued with problems and people are having to become MacGyver to make them play smoothly. I am used to tweaking my pins to play good, but wondering if the Pro may be the way to go-less is more? I like the upgrade for the raptor gate, but not sure about T-Rex disrupting game-play/slowing down flow, and having to be tweaked to work correctly? Really want to hear from someone who has owned both versions. Thanks

4 weeks later
#4926 3 years ago

I joined the club!

Decided to go with the Pro model. I was on the fence for months trying to decide between the Pro and LE model and after reading all of the discussions about Premium/LE issues,etc. it pushed me towards a Pro. I really do not miss the moving T-Rex and the raptor gate is cool on Premium/LE but feel I am not missing much without it. This game is a masterpiece when it comes to layout and flow. So many great shots that are as smooth as butter. Also the sound and music quality is excellent, it is the best sound package since Star Wars. I am loving JP Pro!

1 week later
#5003 3 years ago

I added a few mods so far....

I wanted to add a Dilophosaurus to match the one on the translight. I think it looks great and looks like it came stock from the factory.
GEDC5946.JPGGEDC5946.JPGGEDC5967.JPGGEDC5967.JPGJurassic Park Pro.pngJurassic Park Pro.png

#5004 3 years ago

I also thought what is Jurassic Park without some Dr. Ian Malcolm?-need me some Dr. Ian Malcolm...
Dr. Ian Malcolm.jpgDr. Ian Malcolm.jpgGEDC5942.JPGGEDC5942.JPGGEDC5953.JPGGEDC5953.JPGGEDC5964.JPGGEDC5964.JPG

2 weeks later
#5097 3 years ago

Decided to swap out the stock Velociraptor and Pterodactyl plastics that came from factory. I added Velociraptor 'Charlie' and found a JP Pterodactyl in 3d the same exact size as the flat plastic one. I also found another cool vintage Dilophosaurus I found a spot for. Now I am debating if I should do mirror blades or side blades?

GEDC5986.JPGGEDC5986.JPGGEDC5993.JPGGEDC5993.JPGGEDC6012.JPGGEDC6012.JPGGEDC6014.JPGGEDC6014.JPGGEDC6016.JPGGEDC6016.JPGGEDC6030.JPGGEDC6030.JPG
#5131 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Those dinos are cool - where did you find them?

Thanks, I found them on Ebay. Type in Jurassic Park Velociraptor or Jurassic Park Dilophosaurus under search and there are many to choose from. They were cheap and some included free shipping. I liked the 'Charlie' Velociraptor the best because I think it resembles the one pictured on the raptor cage target.

I also highly recommend Super bands, I think they help tremendously with ball control. I have them on all of my machines.

1 month later
#6150 3 years ago

I really would like to find a Stern Mosquito shooter rod that has the lights. Does anyone have one for sale, or know where I can still get one?

1 week later
#6299 3 years ago

Having fun modding out my JP Pro. I just bought a cool Jurassic World Isla Nublar Escape set at Target($29) that has a great John Hammond legacy figure with mosquito cane included. I think he would fit well into the game but my game is starting to get too congested with mods-I already have gone overboard and do not want it to look cheesy. Tried to recreate the scene with Dr. Ian Malcolm running away from T-Rex breaking through fence, and wondering if I should add John Hammond on other side(above upper flipper) as well? Has anyone added John Hammond? Also still looking for Stern Mosquito Shooter mod if anyone knows where to get one?

GEDC6000.JPGGEDC6000.JPGGEDC6010.JPGGEDC6010.JPGJurassic_World_Park_Legacy_Collection_John_Hammond_Escape_From_Isla_Nublar_Set4.jpgJurassic_World_Park_Legacy_Collection_John_Hammond_Escape_From_Isla_Nublar_Set4.jpg

Jurassic_World_Park_Legacy_Collection_John_Hammond_Escape_From_Isla_Nublar_Set2-300x300.jpgJurassic_World_Park_Legacy_Collection_John_Hammond_Escape_From_Isla_Nublar_Set2-300x300.jpg
#6301 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

It would be already too much for me as it is. You want the lighted shooter rod? If not i can recommend the one from modfather.

Yes I have gone overboard and will probably not add John(not sure if I want to open it anyway), I do want to find some cool side blades like LE has and I do want to find the Stern shooter mod with the light. Stern needs to get their parts department manager up to speed. They could be selling hundreds of these shooter mods if they could have supply keep up with demand? C' mon Stern start shitting out some mosquito shooter rod mods already! Jeesh

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 16.00
9,151 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.