(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,287 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#744 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Any1 ever had a populated playfield sent to them?
My distributor said stern is sending me a box to send my playfield and then once they receive it, they will send me a new one...
Do i just unplug all the harnesses?
How long does it take to receive the new usually?
Thx guys

It's a easy swap. Just package up your playfield and send it. Took about 2 weeks from day I sent old playfield until I got the new playfield replacement. Also on harnesses just take pictures of all the harnesses you unhook. Hardest thing on the swap was getting the foam pieces they send to fit the playfield right to fit in the box they send.

1 year later
#9185 3 years ago

I just joined the club and was wondering if theres any known ball guide grind spots i need to washer up like AIQ Antman?

#9227 3 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

First time pin owner here. I picked up a lightly used JP pro last April and my family and I have spent quarantine playing it a ton. I believe it had around 500 plays when I bought it second hand for $5,000, and it now has 4,500 lifetime plays.
Anyway, we are planning to move from Indiana to Colorado this summer and I am curious what the best way to move a pin would be. Any advice from those who have moved their pins would be great. Would I be better off selling my JP pro prior to the move, and then purchasing another used one out in Colorado? Curious to find out the best way to end up with this amazing game at our new home out west.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
Kevin

Id sell it and buy a Premium(not that a Pro isnt awesome i have one) when you get moved in as a house warming gift for the family.

#9270 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Here’s some extra pics. My machine was made December 18, 2020.[quoted image][quoted image]

Have you tried loosening the optos and realigning them? They wont move much but just alittle out of line and optos can act funny.

#9287 3 years ago

Has anybody replaced all the frosted warm white GIs with sunshine or clear warm whites to make the game brighter?

#9290 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

I'm doing mine now with the (I thought standard for the new Sterns) clear cool whites.
I just can't get used to the warm frosted when all my other machines have so much more "pop".
I'll post pictures when I'm done but it might be later in the week.

Im worried about the cool whites taking the vibe away from the art and warm whites combo create so id love to see what yours ends up looking like. Did you consider the comet sunlights? I think im going to go that route unless yours looks really good. The GIs being brighter and a trough light shining on the flippers same color will really help this game. Im not a fan of the stadium lights or really adding spotlights unless there really needed but ithink this game will shine with the right bulbs in it.

#9293 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I put sunlights in mine but it didn't really brighten it up much IMO. I will eventually get around to putting the warm whites back in, I think they fit the vibe of this game.

Cool thanks for letting me know. What do you think clear warm whites will look like compared to the frosted ones?

Quoted from Torre:

I plan to do half at a time so I can step back and compare the two halves.
I'll take photos.

Nice im looking forward to it!

#9295 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Did you look into Pin Stadiums?

I dont usually like them really. There to much light on most games but maybe this title will be the right fit for them. Do you have them on yours? If so do they stay lit or do anything weird at the wrong times? I grew up playing in dark bars and arcades so i play in the dark now and this game just needs alittle boost.

#9297 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

That's what I use on MY LE and never regretted it. Using the white only with BLUR. Don't see striping effects. The intensity is adjustable. You set it to whatever you want. Mine are set at about 17% I think. They come on/off with the GI. Pick a GI string you want. The UV is hooked into a flasher usually or the shaker. Once again you set it up the way YOU want it.

Isnt there different versions of the pinstadiums? What version do you have? If you get a chance could you post a pic of your game.

#9300 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I say go with the Omegas on this game (a diffused warm white only - you control brightness - with UV flashers): https://pinstadium.com/product/pin-stadium-pinball_led_lights_omega
Also, if you buy some try using the code "BUFFALO" for the Buffalo Pinball discount.
See my post here for some comparison photos (FYI: I also have a sunlight white trough lite and backboard lighting installed in these pics): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/175#post-6039886

Your setup looks great! I might just have to do exactly what you did there. Thanks!

#9331 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

except your trough light barely puts out any light and you've got 10 smds. You can't see the trees for example. the purpose of these is to brighten it up so you can see and highlight the artwork better. Here's what ours looks like with a cool white and just 6 smds.
Your backboard lighting looks decent, but 50smds? How much power are you pulling from that strip? Maybe your dimmer helps with power draw. We can light up that area with less than half (like 20-23) those SMDs in a 15" strip.
[quoted image]

What color whites did you use for the GIs?

#9334 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Stock, which I believe is cool white 2smd.

Thats strange, mine are frosted warm whites and are stock. Is yours a premium/LE? I just noticed yours looking alot more crisp like cool whites plus the cool white trough light and was wondering what your thoughts were when you switched from warm to cool but sounds like you never had to.

#9369 3 years ago

Does anybody know how many GI white bulbs the game has in it? Im going to order clear bulbs but stay warm white. I just ordered Lermods backboard and trough light kits for JP(thanks Roger Walters for pics) and SW.

#9373 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I believe it was 27 but I'm not positive.

Thanks you. Ill order 30 just in case.

Now the next question. The bulbs in it are 6.3v but Spike runs at 5v to the GIs im told. So i got recommended 5v bulbs, will they make a difference running 5v bulbs vs the 6.3v bulbs?

#9391 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

Sorry for the delay. Here is the playfield with the right half of the GI switched to Comet clear cool white.
I took a poll in my household and it was evenly split as to which side looks better. Personally I like the cool whites so I am going to finish the swap. I really like the way it pulls out the blue color of the water.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Did you put the 5v bulbs Comet makes for the Spike system in?

#9393 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

Actually, I just used their standard bulbs. They work fine but might be a tiny bit dimmer than if you use the 5V bulbs made for Spike.
I used the standard bulbs because I already had them on hand.

Cool i was just wondering if you could tell difference between 5v and 6.3v? I ordered 5v warm whites yesterday to give them a try along with backboard and trough lights. Ill post a pic and what i think of switching to 5v when they get here.

#9453 3 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

So as the OP who reignited this debate. I’ll give you a better idea into my convoluted train of thought:
My wife and I both have JP atop the wishlist. A premium is doable (albeit a little stretch) in terms of budget, and I would probably pull the trigger if I could find one within driving distance and not pay a few hundred extra for shipping.
Other games under consideration are Deadpool Pro and AIQ Pro, but our game room is a little Marvel heavy already so they were behind JP in our rankings.
If I can’t find a JP Premium, my thought was to buy a non-JP Pro to enjoy for a while until a JP Premium becomes available near me. Rather than wait around I could still enjoy a newer game in the process. I typically would stick with Pro versions of games, but the wow factor of a JP Premium seemed too good to pass up.
The reason I started this topic of conversation is because I was curious, from an actual owner perspective, if I’m being too hasty to ignore the JP Pro version (not that they’re any more readily available it seems). I realize this is a heavily subjective question and I appreciate the feedback so far. If people want to PM me their input rather than clog up this forum I’m happy to hear from you

Grab a TMNT pro for cheap off market, i see its on your wishlist. Its a better game in my opinion then both DP pro and AIQ premium in the fun department and compliments JP2 nicely with a totally different code and design. Plus you have Iron Man so your use to fast games. Then grab a JP2 premium when there available is what id recommend.

1 week later
#9568 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

My lights seem awfully dim. I hooked up a light under the apron as I always do and it seems barely visible. All the GI is quite low. I think I remember with my first JP it was like that but this seems more pronounced. Any thoughts as to why?

Did you go into settings and make sure GIs are turned to max? Here's my JP pro with all the GI replaced with 5v warm whites, and Lermods apron and back strips. A spot light or 2 on slings would top it off but I think I'm good with this setup. Edit-pics look alot nicer on my phone. This site washes out some of the color. The pics look nicer if you click on them.

20210205_170625 (resized).jpg20210205_170625 (resized).jpg20210205_170638 (resized).jpg20210205_170638 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#9720 3 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

Is there any chance I can save time and money and print this translite from RetroRefurbs at a local shop near me? I dont know if it would cost just as much to hunt down and buy the high pixel image then print it here in Orlando.
[quoted image]

Nedry looks really bad on that! Put some glasses on him and i think he would look alittle better. Overall not to bad though.

#9825 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Do you have Pinstadium lights as your pin looks nice and bright? I need to order something and I’m leaning that way.

Order a new trough light from lermods since your is on the dimmer side and change your green strip in the back to warm white strip from lermods also. I think with those two strips you will have a much brighter game. Thats whats done to his table. He also has all the GI replaced with 5v comet bulbs. The game pushes 5v to sockets and with the stock 6.4v bulbs Stern uses they dont get pushed to full potential. The 5v don't make a big difference but for $20 for 30 bulbs and about 40 minutes time can change them all out. Most of the bulbs can be pulled from below. Man wish i could just swing over and help you out, soon enough!

#9876 3 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I should be joining the club in a few weeks. This premium would be my first NIB purchase. I’m kinda surprised I’d have to ask this for such an expensive item, but what are the odds everything works fine out of the box? Maybe I’m just reading too many complaints on here and FB but I’m curious to know what people’s NIB experience has been like

Game will more then likely work perfect out of box. Ive never had a Stern not work NIB out of 11 of them. Now playfield issues is another story. My advise is put washers under the ball guide rub areas to keep the value up and have fun!

#9962 3 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

I actually have a question about the shaker motor. I just installed speaker lights the other day(it may be unrelated) and my shaker motor seems to be functioning different. I unplugged the lights and tried it both ways and still is acting different.
It used to have the same rumble feeling all across the board; long rumble or short rumble if it was simulating the dinosaur walking. But now when the left sling post is up then after the cutscene ends and it signals the ball coming down/ post going down, instead of doing a strong long rumble it kind of feels like a weak pulsing effect?
Also, Im using the movie code if that information helps.

edit-nevermind me...i thought the speakers had a ground that you could of missed on install but I just checked and mine don't.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=phbooms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.