(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,287 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmab03.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7634 3 years ago

Are you generally not supposed to be able to hit the tower shot unless you have some speed coming around? I'm a bit annoyed that I can't hit the tower shot with the ball coming slowly out of the pops, but I don't know if it's a feature or a bug. I can occasionally get it up there but it's like a 5-10% shot. Most often even a clean nice shot just doesn't have the momentum to make it up there, and my flipper settings for that flipper are on default (Max).

#7635 3 years ago

That's a crazy score. I actually had a freak game with like 29 rescues, so I was close to you on that, but I think my max fossil count is 3 or so.

#7673 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Every game is different, however you should be able to hit the tower ramp with either a slow or fast feed to the upper flipper. It might be just a slight adjustment on the pitch of the PF that will significantly improve being able to hit this ramp - what pitch is you machine setup at? and is it level side-to-side?

Quoted from jawjaw:

Are you saying the flipper feels weak or hard to time the shot? Should be no problem making that shot if aimed well. I turned down the power of the upper flipper and still no problem making it. One thing to check is if flipper is binding at all. Move it by hand and check for any resistance.

Standard pitch right in the middle of the leveler, and the flipper doesn't feel weak (Actually with it being set on max, it feels a bit too strong to me as it really whips around the loop shot when hit that I'd like to slow it down a bit)

Quoted from Hop721:

Some here have had a problem with the ball hitting the left (lower) mounting screw on the metal flap at the ramp entrance. I’d start by looking there. Roll a ball around and see if it hits that screw. Maybe try to get a slow-mo video.
There have been a few solutions that I’ve read-filing down the screw, lower profile screw etc. A search will help you find those. I, personally, removed the metal flap all together and put a piece of Mylar at that transition point. It has improved my ramp shot success by quite a bit.

Looked at it this morning and yeah, that screw is just in a terrible place. I'm imagining this makes the ball pop up and is what's killing the momentum. Will take a look into how to fix it. Thanks!

1 week later
#7813 3 years ago

What is the timer on combos? I've noticed that I'm getting quite a few combos where it seems like I'm able to get them a good 10 to 15 seconds after hitting the previous shot.

#7887 3 years ago

What's the timing on DNA Combos? I've noticed I've had quite a few combos register where it seems like I had close to 10 seconds between the shots required.

#7892 3 years ago

Drunk posting! Thanks!

2 months later
#9341 3 years ago

1200 games in and finally got around to changing the left screw on the side ramp with a flat head screw and man it's just a whole new game. Can't believe I suffered through that for so long.

Had a new unique thing just happen the past 50 games or so, the uppost in front of the control room had been sinking so the ball would get trapped in the hole, and ever since I screwed it back up, now after a trapped control room shot, the ball will instead immediately bounce against the side on the left on its way down so it doesn't slide down the curved left side, so that the ball will 75% of the time end up going down the left outlane. For the previous 1,150 games, the ball would always just roll down along the left side and slowly be able to drop and be controlled by the left flipper.

Needless to say, having the ball drain 75% after a control room shot is no fun, anyone else have this happen or know a way to tweak to fix?

#9355 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

1200 games in and finally got around to changing the left screw on the side ramp with a flat head screw and man it's just a whole new game. Can't believe I suffered through that for so long.
Had a new unique thing just happen the past 50 games or so, the uppost in front of the control room had been sinking so the ball would get trapped in the hole, and ever since I screwed it back up, now after a trapped control room shot, the ball will instead immediately bounce against the side on the left on its way down so it doesn't slide down the curved left side, so that the ball will 75% of the time end up going down the left outlane. For the previous 1,150 games, the ball would always just roll down along the left side and slowly be able to drop and be controlled by the left flipper.
Needless to say, having the ball drain 75% after a control room shot is no fun, anyone else have this happen or know a way to tweak to fix?

Quoted from Manny65:

Typically the ball will go onto the left flipper, some people have reported issues with it going SDTM but not heard of it going down the left outlane. Probably worthwhile checking the PF is still level side-to-side, also what pitch do you have the PF at as this changes where the ball falls? I assume you've checked the up post is flush to the PF - if you manually release a ball at the C target with the up post down, does it bounce off the rail? Does it vary as to whether the ball is more on the left or the right side of the control room lane?
Oh and I'm guessing there is no PF damage at the up post hole or damage to the up post itself?

It looks like it's because the ball has become magnetized, so the ball is drawn towards the metal up post on the way down , moving it away from the left and leaving it to drop straight down into the left outlanes opposed to rolling along the side on the left. So I presume I need to de-magnetize my pinballs, but do they need to stay magnetized for the T-Rex magnets to work?

#9356 3 years ago

Holy hell is the post in front of the 3rd flipper a bitch to tighten once it comes loose.

#9432 3 years ago

Is there any way while doing a status check and getting onto the screen you want to look at , whether its fossils or what I wanna stay on is DNA combos to not have it cycle after like 5 seconds to the next screen? I usually want to take like 30 seconds to look at the needed DNA combos, but end up having to cycle through it like 5 times as it only stays on the screen for like 5 seconds.

4 weeks later
#9748 3 years ago

How do you get a 6 Combo? As I feel like I've done it a few times but don't get credit for it, is there any rules like you can't get the left ramp 2 times or something?

5 months later
#11461 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

What's the consensus on buying the premium over the pro?

I imagine the premium's mechs will cause issues in the long run. My raptor gate doesn't come down exactly flush, but luckily I haven't had any TRex Issues.

Just had like a 4 smart missle streak in a game to get me 46 rescues and a 720k visitor center bonus. 2.6 bil total. (Previous GC was 1.6 bil) Don't think I'll be topping that anytime soon.

#11504 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am trying to get better at the game. Is there a strategy for getting further along in the Paddocks. I have a hard time getting past 3 or so. Also is there a strategy for getting scores higher than 500K. I seem to get stuck around there.

I'm about 2,500 games in. The C, H and S shots should be three you can hit fairly consistently early on. Eventually I was able to get dialed in A shot from a cradle position as well. Only very recently have I gotten fairly dailed in on the O shot. Side ramp is still tough.

As far as scoring goes, practice your smart missle. It's ability to clear paddocks & giving extra balls really helps blow up the scores. My peak score I just got the other day, and it was from like 4 straight smart missle hits, 3 of which cleared a paddock for me.

More recently I started focusing/paying attention to DNA and trying to get the extra ball from that. If you're really hitting your H and S shot, getting 6 DNA shouldn't be that tough. So once you start getting 6-7 ball games, you'll eventually have a blow up game, as extra ball from 6 rescues, smart missle, t-rex, and DNA are all doable. Taking the long way through the paddocks to clear 7 and I ended up with a 720 million visitor center bonus. Clearing the T-Rex paddock also gives you an extra 8 seconds on all your modes, helping you beat them easier.

4 months later
#12783 2 years ago
Quoted from Sulaco:

Hi fellow JP:PE owners!!
Curious to hear some of your strategies when playing. Do you go for the CHAOS right away? Do you go for the Paddocks? The T-REX modes?
Where do you find yourself getting the most points?
I feel I am trying to do too many things at once and am not focused on progressing through the Paddock.
Also, I feel there are a lot of 'kill shots' (I think this is right term) that can send the ball straight to the outlanes / drain:
-Hitting the 'Lite Escape' target
-Either of the two posts in the raptor pit
-The door to the raptor pit
-Either two left ramp posts
-Either two right ramp posts
-Upper flipper guard post
-2x scoring target
-And a very common double bumper back-and-forth that seems to be the perfect balance to toss the ball into the outlanes
I know you gotta be spot on with your shots, but boy is it frustrating to be knocking on the raptor pit door only to have the ball shoot straight into the outlane.
Final question: what is your most difficult shot? For me it is the right ramp.
Its a love / hate relationship!

Right Ramp to me is very hard on the fly, but can be timed with a cradle fairly consistently. After about 2,000 plays I even got a little used to the O shot where now I feel fairly comfortable when I have to hit it (at the beginning if it was a rescue shot I just ignored it).

If I'm in a tournament the strategy is just clear first paddock and go for system boot for points. If at home aiming for highest score/completion I'm aiming the truck for the maximum amount of paddocks. I find in most games of the three objectives (paddocks, control room, trex) that getting through the 4 trex modes is the least common. So therefore when the ball is on the upper flipper, i've moved towards a simple aim to advance t-rex shots when the ball is there. Once you're good enough, getting through the paddocks isn't all that super tough.

Getting the paddock that adds 8 seconds to timers helps you get the fossils, and really the main key to start blowing up the score is being able to hit the smart missle. All my top scores are games where I was timed well with smacking that 3-5x. You can get extra balls, fossils, clear paddocks & get extra rescues with the smart missle. If you manage to get the extra ball with the smart missle it becomes a 6 ball game assuming you capture the T-Rex. 7 ball game if you get 30 rescues, and 8 ball game with some fossils.

The outlanes are brutal based on the positioning of the posts, so the game is all about getting that 6-8 ball game.

5 months later
#14102 1 year ago

About 3,000 plays in, and finally got to the 4th round of Raptor Multi-ball. Had double scoring rolling and put up like a 550 mil Raptor Multi-Ball. I'm not sure if my previous high broke 100 mil.

My T-Rex head is starting to act up (it gets stuck at times and kinda shakes back and forth a little instead of moving around freely), any pointers on how to fix/adjust?

3 weeks later
#14376 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The upper right third flipper on your machine appears to be aligned a bit too high. The tip of the flipper should sag below the alignment dot in the playfield which allows the ball to interact with the post just a hint when set properly. With those fancy machined flippers, should be a simple adjustment for you!

Interesting, I didn't know that. Mine is aligned so the ball will feed to the left flipper. Great for control, but it does make the side shot much harder to hit than it is on location games I've played. I've been hesitant to adjust it too much for the thoughts of losing control.

#14406 1 year ago

Is there a way in the settings of a Prem to disable to T-Rex? I played around with some of the adjustments thinking it would do the trick and it would not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

13,200 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmab03.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=palmab03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.