(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider our_man_in_oz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4743 4 years ago

Despite absolutely loving my JP Premium, I'm afraid I had to vote for MM. I've had MM in one form or another (MMR) in my collection for 21 years. It's nowadays literally the oldest continuous title in my collection which speaks volumes to me. I own 3 out of 4 of the titles in the contest and owned LOTR for 3 years so I've nearly got a foot in all camps.

#4745 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

But JP was facing LOTR, not MM...
oh well

Yeah I did just vote when I posted I'd voted the day before

1 week later
#4809 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I imagine that would have come up when I spoke with him on the phone, but I'll try shooting him an email. Either way, the scarcity of the premiums right now might result in me ordering a pro. I'm coming around to it, I've played both and they're both fantastic.

Quoted from atrainn:

Well I may have found the last premium in the country, I just bought it! I'm in!

Congrats man. I was going to say earlier, IMHO still worth trying to find Premium

1 month later
#5561 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Latest code is 1.01
Why wouldn't you be running it?

There's one good reason I can think of, I just downgraded to be able to run the custom audio package by timlah79. I'm sure that will be a showstopper once my topper arrives in like August unfort, unless they miraculously get Pinball Browser working with the newer code by then.

2 weeks later
#5743 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’d love to try it, but have 1.01 installed and my understanding is if an update comes your sweet audio won’t come along for the ride.
Thanks for all the effort, but will probably have to pass for now.
Happy to be wrong!

I had 1.01 and downgraded straight to Tim's custom 1.00. Honestly can't see anything that's missing having gone back to 1.01. I'm normally a stickler for updates but in this case the audio improvement outweighs anything 1.01 might have.

2 years later
#16220 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Dang I will try to find it. Seems secretive and hard to get

Probably because the creator didn't want it in open circulation. All in the dedicated thread (now closed)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project

There's a couple of other threads that will help you if you search..

4 months later
#17564 8 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Movie code question.
Is there movie code for the latest version of the game and can it be used with IC?

I've got IC in GZ and EHOH and honestly couldn't be bothered retrofitting it to JP or BKSOR. So I run 1.05 custom code no issues still.

#18091 8 months ago

I'm going to load up my spare SD with 1.10 code, I'm curious to see some of the general changes. No real interest in the coop stuff as I don't have people over enough to really worry about it. Still will be hard to not play the 1.05 movie code for long I'm sure though.

#18143 8 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

I think a good summary is:
Where the movie code feels like its a pinball game and the screen is there for movie assets to be sprinkled in, sorta like a glorifed dmd. The og code feels more like the screen is an integrated part of the game with cleaner transitions and interaction with the game progression, its more polished and consistent with the overall presentation. Its to be expected, but i wouldnt mind some nods to the movie in the opening sequence or that rough extra ball scene.

I loaded up the spare (factory) SD yesterday. I ended up playing 4 games with current code and that was enough for me. Turned the machine off and put the movie code SD back.

#18145 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Lol. I've seldom seen people evangelize something as much as this movie code. Jurassic witnesses.

Amen
The other thing is I found the acted callouts incredibly annoying in the factory code after the movie code tbh. Another reason I was happy to go back. I just hope Jaws has some decent movie assets or here we go again I reckon.

#18165 8 months ago
Quoted from Slaitster:

I suspect you had made that decision even before you played the four games.

I'm not that closed minded. I was waiting for something to make me think, yeah I'll leave 1.10 in for a while but after 10 mins I'd had enough.

1 month later
#19345 7 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Really digging this new JP 30th translite! So much better than the stock one.
[quoted image]

How did you get it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider our_man_in_oz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=our_man_in_oz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.