(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,387 posts
  • 992 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by JMCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 525 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211207-155121_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
1986772B-8A75-4D3E-90E2-5A1AB34E4766 (resized).jpeg
7A31D040-791E-480F-93C1-93DA314905D4 (resized).jpeg
C5B61F65-2023-4850-8331-46DDBBCE2BC3 (resized).jpeg
383918EC-A8F2-44B5-96D1-24FFB9E2EDAA (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20211127_202641 (resized).jpg
20211127_202617 (resized).jpg
20211127_202628 (resized).jpg
IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
6356FCDD-2568-42C2-B738-8F4EFC033B08 (resized).jpeg
8FAFAFD8-7779-4158-8336-581BB589E4CC (resized).jpeg
BA2D7733-D82D-4175-9D1F-3C6357CF8A26 (resized).jpeg
1A8415D7-1704-496A-AE39-047A3F490B76 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #72 Custom Jurassic Park apron cards Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #230 Custom Apron Cards for Stern JP Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (2 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (2 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (2 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (2 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (2 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (2 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by Scribbles (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ockeyhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#594 2 years ago

Would like to get an overview of the code depth & mode progression. Are the modes random or linier? Also, how would you compare JP's code depth to another title? Is JP's code SW's/BM66 deep, or BKSR/Munsters shallow? I tried asking this on a different JP thread w/ no response. There appeared to be several JP threads, so is this the official go-to JP thread?

1 month later
#1849 2 years ago

90% sure that I will be purchasing a NIB JP Pro at the upcoming York Show. Does JP hold up well for home use? Also, is the rule-set linear or random? Does the game have the same rule progression every time? Or can you pick what direction or route to go...? Just a couple questions to be at 100% sure.

1 week later
#2122 2 years ago

I purchased a JP3 Pro at the York Show this weekend & couldn't be happier. My wife & I stayed up all night & played this phenomenal machine! With the .90 code the light show, rule set & LCD presentation are truly incredible. The unique playfield layout is a masterpiece of design w/ ball trajectory path flow. The lastability factor makes this title perfect for home use. Great job Stern/Keith Elwin!

Anyhow, I have a few question.>>>

Are there art blades available? I saw one at the show, but held off w/ preference of more variety.

Does anyone feel it's necessary to protect the playfield where the ball jumps out of the right ramp? Just curious if this might be a concern.

As I am just beginning to understanding this very exceptional/amazing rule set, I'm not sure what is the best approach in regards to the modes. What seems to be the best strategy to completing all the different objectives?

It's great to be a part of this post & I'll respond back. Now off to install a shaker motor.

#2211 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Actually, I didn't ignore either. I acknowledged that the Raptor pit gives the gameplay some difference. I also pointed out that the T-REX doesn't lock the balls, implying that it does eats them, but doesn't lock them serially. I just don't think it's cool enough of a mech to justify an $1,800 price difference. The plus side of having the Pro is being able to get rid of that dollar store T-REX head and replace it with a much better sculpt through mod makers. If Mezel's hints are true, it will even move!
I played the LE the other night. It's great! I'm sure every owner is very happy with the Premium/LE model. I just don't think this game is an example of the Premium/LE being a must have. There are many Stern Pro's that are too compromised, just not this one.

I completely agree w/ this simply because the pro is not lacking in anyway whatsoever. The fantastic layout & excellent rule-set is prevalent within each model. This is what matters as the pro does have the complete package in gameplay wow factor. In comparison each model is a replica, minus the toys/art on the pro. The JP3 pro is absolutely the best value in pinball, as my wife & I will use the $ saved to go towards a Golden Tee HE.

#2224 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Made the billion point club as well. The code is awesome. Love this game and Keith Elwin designs are so much fun. Also had an interesting place for a ball to stick.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Same thing happened to us last night. I originally thought that this ball placement under the jeep was 1 in a 100,000 but possibly not. This improbable shot should be added in the next code update as a successful shot should award the player $1000 off their next NIB purchase. This would also be considered the hardest shot in pinball ~ Hands down!

#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If you actually put time on SWpre/LE, think you’d feel differently about that. AFM is a great location game, which is what it was made for, but lastability is most important imo, for the home. Not a lot there to keep you coming back over the years at these high prices.
SWpre/LE, has lastability in spades and once you understand the game, it has so much going on and so many cool toys, it is way underrated, by those that don’t own one or have many games on it. SWpre/LE is a perfect example of how the top 100 is so far off base and is a farce.
JP 2019 is a perfect example of a game that should be number one for a long time to come, but will surely drop as haters blast it for no reason at all and give it low undeserved ratings.

SW's Premium & JP3 are perfect for home-use. So much intricate strategy on both titles w/ the complexity on how to approach the rule set. The challenging playfield layout on each is fantastic, w/ JP3 having that unique Elwin design. If there was a separate category for the "Ideal Home-Use Machine", these two titles would easily make the cut. Just pure pinball at it's finest!

#2359 2 years ago

We've had JP3 for two weeks now & have put 100+ plays on the machine already. I can state w/ confidence that this title is absolutely the best title that Stern has ever produced. So much to accomplish w/ the challenging rules & the playfield layout is incredibly unique. Elwin/Stern really hit a grand-slam w/ this machine.

With that said, we are thinking about acquiring Elwin's other title IMaiden. The only setback for us is the theme, but could overlook that w/ consideration to the gameplay. How would you compare JP3 to IMaiden in terms of rules/depth, code & layout?

Also, what is proper abbreviation for Stern JP?

#2394 2 years ago

Obviously all JP3's are NIB at this time. What does the majority do to protect the playfield once a NIB is received? Wax, cliffys, mylar, shooter protector, change balls, etc. I personally only use Novus on plastic & very dirty playfields, but possibly one might swear by it. Just want to get a general idea w/ what you are doing once you receive a NIB.

#2482 2 years ago

I received a shaker motor this evening & the plastic case doesn't fit snug over the motor. The coin box wood bracket & side inside cabinet is blocking the case from going completely down, even with the motor. I ordered the Spike shaker from CoinTaker w/ a part # 502-5027-01. Is there a difference w/ Spike1 & Spike2 motors, or is this motor simply not compatible w/ JP3?

#2511 2 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I recently also set my outlanes posts all the way down to hopefully make the game a bit less punishing.
However, now I’m thinking of returning them back to factory as it made little to no difference with balls draining out both sides at virtually the same rate.
I don’t find nudging particularity successful when I try to avoid those side drains. Ball just simply ricochets off the slings or posts so darn quickly.
As one of my close pinball friends says, I just need to play better and practice more.
Regardless, it’s a sensational game. Can’t stop hitting that start button.

The playfield layout is unique & difficult. I just waxed the JP3 playfield last week & now the ball is lightning fast without mercy. Regardless, this is a very challenging machine so it's necessary to control the ball when possible. When the ball's under control it's easier to hit those shots to progress further into the game. In any machine your game will sometimes go however the ball rolls, but the key to better progression & scores is ball control.

#2516 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Glad you posted this!
I just got my ACNC a couple weeks ago. All the complaining about bricked shots is because people that play the game on location a few times and can't nail all the shots is a joke! This game is awesome once you practice and start getting the shots down It's a PLAYER'S PIN. This is what you want in your home. You can play it as much as you want and it will improve your skills. Honestly, ACNC is so great, I don't think I'll ever top it. Never experienced a game with more ambiance and thrill! So I have no reservations about buying JP3 because of difficulty. This will be another great PLAYERS PIN! Cheers!

No doubt, JP3 is a players pin. With so much going on & the demanding playfield layout this title is absolutely recommended for home use. JP3 is incredibly unique in so many ways, as Stern has truly thought outside the box w/ the JP3 theme, code & overall gameplay. To truly enjoy what this title has to offer one practically needs to play in a home environment to experience all the nuances. Just remember, w/ an already very good present code it's only going to get better! Looking forward>>>

Also, other titles that would be considered challenging & deep (possibly perfect home-use pins) > Stern SW's, Houdini, BM66. I had Houdini < Excellent! I have SW's < Another great one! We are considering BM66 as well. ACNC sounds tempting also. We only have room for a three pin lineup. Choices > Choices!

#2534 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Excellent summary of how the game is incorporated with the theme. You should post that under the JP3 review section on the top 100.

If you have had some decent time on JP3 then it's hard to deny that this machine is almost perfect pinball. No title is a true 10 but JP3 is in the realm of that assessment. Eventually as some time passes this title should no doubt remain in the top 10 for quite some time.

We've have had the majority of the "top rated" machines In our lineup as they have come & gone. However, JP3 is definitely here to stay for the distant future. We are extremely entertained w/ the pro as the overall package is simply fantastic. Hawkmoon hit it right on the money w/ take on JP3.

#2608 2 years ago

Just need to know if anyone has had trouble w/ installing their shaker motor? I ordered a motor from CoinTaker & the motor case doesn't fit over the motor. The coin-box wood piece that separates the coin-box from the shaker motor & the right side cabinet area completely obstructs the case from fitting over the shaker motor itself. Did anyone have a problem w/ this? Also, is your premade shaker drill holes the same as mine?

002 (resized).JPG
#2644 2 years ago

Ready to place an order for art blades. I've seen the blades w/ the dinosaur's eyes & thought it was alright but not great. What blades do you recommend & can you purchase the blades for the LE separately?

I've also posted here previously w/ a problem I've had w/ a shaker motor from CoinTaker. The cover doesn't fit so I will simply return it. Where did you purchase your shaker from w/ satisfied results?

#2645 2 years ago

Opps! Double post.

#2649 2 years ago

I'm seriously considering these, but if there was an actual mirror art blade image available that would be perfect.

#2733 2 years ago

What is your preferred adjustment for the flipper power level? I waxed the JP3 playfield last week & the ball seems to fly around at 90 mph. Is the factory numbers a little too much?

Also, has anyone adjusted the sound to their liking? Not sure if it's possible to maximize the sound quality w/ the stock speakers, but has anyone found the sweet spot?

#2736 2 years ago

No doubt the trough kick out flies out of the shoot w/ some force which could possibly do some incremental damage over time. I need to reduce the trough kick out, but really need to mylar the shooting lane soon.

I'll experiment w/ the 245,230,230 flipper adjustment this evening.

Anyone out there adjust their speaker/sound w/ better results in sound quality?

#2749 2 years ago

Did you install the Cliffys just in the shooter lane or is there other areas of the playfield that should be protected?

1 week later
#2910 2 years ago

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what exactly do I do once the download is completed? I have already initiated the download & it's stating 1hr37min remaining. I have an older computer w/ windows 10, but what do I do once the download is complete? I do have a USB ready, also what is FAT32? Obviously, I'm the only person on this site that doesn't own a cell phone.

#3013 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Yep me too. It’s a PITA trawling both, or worse replying the same to both threads.

Completely agree w/ all the above statements w/ the JP3 threads. There is so much scattered information between the two separate JP3 discussions that subject matter is lost between the two. With the exception of the mechanical toys in the PRE/LE there is absolutely no difference which version of JP3 one is referring to. We should be discussing all titles within their respective name. Moderator, is there any way to combine the Pre./LE & Pro thread?

#3014 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

That's why there are key posts.
I read the LE thread and have no intention of changing out my Pro. It seems a lot of the regulars are in both threads already.
I think it would also be beneficial for the longevity of the thread. Right now the game still has that fresh car smell and both threads are very active but come next year they are both going to cool down considerably.
Not the end of the world obviously, just seems unnecessary to me.
One of my favorite club threads is the Star Trek one. While Stern ST dominates the thread, all the ships of the federation are welcome there. While I think DE ST is hot garbage, I still like to see pictures of it occasionally.
Bring on the mega Dino club thread!

octobar ~ as usual, you hit the nail right on the head again!

#3015 2 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

octobar ~ as usual, you hit the nail right on the head again!Also, I always enjoy your analysis & strategy of anything in the rules category. You have a knack for breaking down & simplifying the nuances within a complex rule structure. ST, SW's, AC/DC & GOT are a few that you have dissected for the majority as the light bulb finally came on. Especially for me.

1 month later
#3600 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Ok, here's what I found out on my truck.... First few hundred games or so, the truck worked like a champ. Then slowly it became a bit more difficult to get it to spin. What I discovered was the ball attatched to the truck wasnt always making good contact with the stationary ball. Therefore, no kinetic energy was being transferred to spin the truck, even with a solid hit. Very frustrating. Here's my fix. Remove the truck, easy to do with a set screw from below the playfield. You'll find a couple of metal washers on the shaft that sandwich a nylon washer with tiny ball bearings in it. I used the smallest amount of a good silicone lubricant on those bearings, and on the metal shaft. I actually sprayed the lubricant on a q-tip, then applied to the parts. Reassemble the mechanism, leaving a tiny bit of wiggle in the shaft. The jeep spins like greased lighting now. Zero issues. DONT use wd40, or oil. Use a 100% silicone lubricant. Available at most auto parts stores.

Had the same issue w/ the gradual sluggishness w/ the truck. When the machine was new the truck was fluent w/ movement, but there was a gradual decline within the past month. I also disassembled the truck w/ the set screw & while I was underneath the playfield I cleaned the inside bushing w/ isopropyl alcohol. There was a buildup of grime within the bushing as now it's squeaky clean. This & adding silicone oil to the bearings has rendered the truck swing sensitively responsive w/ perfect play.

My only concern is while underneath the playfield, there were several post that were loose & also the pinball attachment connected to the truck has some wiggle, left to right, etc. I believe this attachment should be secure & flush without movement?

001 (resized).JPG
#3602 1 year ago

Yes you're right Scribbles, the nut can only thread down so far. You would think that this assembly would be flush tight to provide improved kinetic energy from the strike ball. Not a huge concern, as hopefully the loose play in the truck mechanism doesn't become worse. After all, these minor nuisances are an after-thought since this title is a gem!

1 month later
#3995 1 year ago

I did the post replacement fix last night & found that the coil stop was also blown out. Luckily I did happen to have an extra coil stop so that was replaced as well. I positioned the flipper what seems a bit off as the side tower shot is not easily achieved. The flipper is very slightly positioned forward from the right orbit path. The flipper now has full strength, but it seems it needs to be moved back slightly?

003 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#4261 1 year ago

Last week I completed Escape Nublar. This mode is a semi-challenging mini wizard that sort of reminds me of a System 11 rule-set. Very fun & another reason that makes JP3 so great.

I completed the mission just under the billion mark, w/ the next time aiming for that goal. So what are your final scores & times for this awesome expedition mode?

001 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ockeyhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside