(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#620 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Well thought out post man. I've never owned a JJP machine due to the cost, but I've played some on location. I've always admired the build quality on those machines. That's pretty disappointing to hear about your experience with their customer service. JP2 is my first ever new in box experience, and from what I'm hearing, Stern is much more responsive in dealing with customer problems, and quality control issues. Fingers crossed, both of us (and everyone else) never have to find out first hand.

Lets be super super super super clear:

JJP build quality is a complete and utter myth spend some time in any of the fan club threads to see evidence. On my own dialled in:

Trap Door Fail
Multiple screen fails
motherboard fail
other issues..

At this stage I wouldn't touch another JJP game the premium is absolutely poor value.

#651 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Instead of arguing and complaining with each other online for who has the better build quality, why not take the time to call the stern, jjp or spooky and complain? Spooky doesnt get a free pass in this as my tna still has chipping under the neoprene washers.
Thats awesome alice cooper doesnt have the problem but what about all the tna owners who do?

I think you'll find I was pretty loud in complaining about this issue!

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Not only is JJP standing behind there product they have gone way above what they had to do.
Example: my WOZ is 2nd owner and made in 2015?
Any issue I ever have the send replacement parts and help with installation questions Free.
My Hobbit which is a route purchase and 28,000 games played same thing. I told JJP hey to be fair I'm not original owner and it's high plays?
There response "we want to take care of all of our customers ". They shipped parts needed no charge.
Wonka same thing and got back to me crazy fast.
Now I'm just a regular collector with no pull in the pinball world.
So in closing You either work for Stern?
Or are making things up?
Perhaps your miss informed?
Anyway there you have it

So JJP wanted to charge me for replacements screens I didn't actually need on a Dialed in. So seems weird...

Stern:

Total replacement GB Premium playfield, Star Trek board, complete mech for IMDN, no problems...

Neil.

#982 4 years ago

anyone hear dates on the LE yet?

3 weeks later
#1679 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

How did Bally Williams manage to "diamond plate" (aka clearcoat) playfields with art under starposts back in the 90s without these issues?

toxic chemicals. the 80s and 90s where a blast man. We all picked a terrible time to give up sniffing glue.

#1720 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I haven't noticed other CC'ed products (like cars for instance) refusing to set or harden... and then flaking off.

but you will have noticed the shocking orange peel on nearly ever new car...

6 months later
#4470 3 years ago

topper

91226751_2831525746884789_9157231279958130688_n (resized).jpg91226751_2831525746884789_9157231279958130688_n (resized).jpg
3 years later
#17430 7 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

It’s 13k which is the NIB price for LE. No way they’d do a super LE for standard price. My bet is Bond 60th reskin without the topper, will see what’s up soon!

and the Barbasol can as the spinner

My guess is just a retheme of the existing game though.

#17903 7 months ago

Original first run LE and I don't have the issues others are seeing.

As for testing it, the new 30th edition they used had the new code on it and it didn't have this issue so there is something about a certain build run that isn't compatible. I seem to remember them posting something about code on GOTG and older code not having support for newer chips used on newer node boards. Could be something to do with that... What ever it is Stern will sort it for sure.

If you haven't done so already send an email to [email protected]

#17904 7 months ago

have to say though, ok as an LE owner its annoying stern are doing another LE but if it means it pays for code additions like this for my existing game then I'm in. the new code is fantastic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 300.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=neilmcrae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.