(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,089 posts
  • 381 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 minutes ago by VillaThrills
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 552 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

65700956-D8F6-4C08-959B-15CA1ED91591 (resized).jpeg
74114F70-F8E6-4C34-90D5-6F5F7142FD4F (resized).jpeg
20191204_084236 (resized).jpg
IMG_0171 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
jp_raptor_target_stuck (resized).jpg
Key posts (resized).PNG
20191202_154237 (resized).jpg
20191202_154243 (resized).jpg
20191201_225808 (resized).jpg
20191201_225554 (resized).jpg
20191201_213401 (resized).jpg
61EC72BE-3F91-4237-8B9F-207767A692B0 (resized).jpeg
B5198A35-39BA-4ECC-9EA6-34A1F26B4B2A.gif
13FCA61D-DFEF-40B2-B07F-D9A5DBD9842F (resized).jpeg
6D98CF32-C0B7-47E3-A525-757CFF5742D7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (3 months ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (3 months ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (3 months ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (3 months ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (3 months ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (42 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#542 3 months ago

On my location game, the post for the upper right flipper keeps coming out so I put blue loctite on it and it still managed to come loose.. guess I’ll try red next.

Last few days we’ve noticed the flippers have been really weak. During a tourney today the ball could barely rotate the car and struggled to make ramp shots. Any other ops have this issue?

#614 3 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There is tons of Stern bashing going on right now. JJP is not standing behind their product at all though and basically just telling their customers that they are on their own.

Haven’t had the clearcoat issues that others have had, but we have run into other issues with Wonka on location. JJP support has been great, sending replacement parts overnight, etc.

#939 3 months ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Blue Loctite didn't work for me - it only lasted a day or two. So far red has lasted at least two days.
I like this idea of the missing screw. I'll check that out.

This screw just keeps the T-nut from spinning when torquing down the posts, installing it won’t help.

#1030 3 months ago

Also interested to know what part number that post with the longer thread is.. need to tighten the one on location every few days.. blue loctite doesn’t work..torquing it down just fucks up the playfield.. good times..

1 week later
#1272 88 days ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

As in pause my ball so I can go to the fridge for another rum?

The home rom of TZ does this.. from decades ago..

#1440 83 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

When LEs start arriving I'll be curious to see if they did anything to lock down the upper flipper post.

..and keep the coil stops from imploding immediately.

#1486 81 days ago

Apparently Fuel was the codename for metallica

#1526 80 days ago
Quoted from Durzel:

How did Bally Williams manage to "diamond plate" (aka clearcoat) playfields with art under starposts back in the 90s without these issues?

My theory is they gave the playfields enough time to cure appropriately..

#1567 79 days ago

The upper right flipper on my JP is relatively weak in comparison to the main flippers, only about 1/10 shots make the guard tower. The coil stops have all been replaced (out of necessity).. One thing I noticed is the upper right flipper coil is a different model, a little smaller than the main flippers. Also there is a LOT of slop in the mechanism for some reason. Anyone else notice this or tweak theirs at all?

2 weeks later
#1857 65 days ago

Could one of the new LE owners, or recent Pro owners (new deliveries) post a pic of the coilstop rivet? I'm very curious to see if that issue has been addressed at the factory, much like the clearcoat issues quietly were. What I noticed on my early pro, the stern coil stops were rounded and almost not riveted completely flat/snug. The pinball life replacements, are almost completely flat (appropriately pressed) rivets.

#1867 65 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I'm trying to decide on grabbing a Metallica Pro with a lot of great mods now for a steal of a price, or wait for a JP2 Pro next fall?
Opinions welcome!

Metallica is a great game, but it lacks the depth that Jurassic park offers and will offer as code matures.

3 weeks later
#2270 43 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

That’s why the top 100 should be renamed to “Owners & Haters top 100 bragging list”. The way it’s setup is totally meaningless. Old games and new games should not be on the same list.
It is a popularity contest, with new games always being bashed in favor of the old nostalgic games, which are nice, but are shallow compared to the modern day machines.

I don’t disagree that the top 100 list tends to be a fanboy club when something first is announced, but it tends to balance out over time. Look at America’s Most Haunted, that was #1 for a while.

However, depth of a game doesn’t directly correlate to fun. Attack from Mars is a genuinely fun game, and I don’t wish for it to be any more deep. I’m fine ranking it against newer games that are more deep. Star Wars is plenty complex, but it’s not as fun as some of the classics.

#2279 43 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If you actually put time on SWpre/LE, think you’d feel differently about that. AFM is a great location game, which is what it was made for, but lastability is most important imo, for the home. Not a lot there to keep you coming back over the years at these high prices.
SWpre/LE, has lastability in spades and once you understand the game, it has so much going on and so many cool toys, it is way underrated, by those that don’t own one or have many games on it. SWpre/LE is a perfect example of how the top 100 is so far off base and is a farce.
JP 2019 is a perfect example of a game that should be number one for a long time to come, but will surely drop as haters blast it for no reason at all and give it low undeserved ratings.

How do you jump to the conclusion I haven’t put time on an LE? I owned an LE NIB, and have played many games on premiums.

I paid $8800 for my LE and took an absolute bath on the resell. I’d say that’s pretty indicative that the ratings of the game are probably accurate.

I’ve also owned an original AFM and an AFMRLE. I have an appreciation for deep rule sets, but I still believe that game is one of the best pinball has to offer. It absolutely deserves to be ranked with newer more deep ruleset games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
9,500 (Firm)
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Little Shop Of Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside