(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,327 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 minutes ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kimchilla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13700 1 year ago

Hello everybody

I am a happy new owner of a JP Premium and still pretty new to the hobby.
I bought the game of a guy who had 50 plays on it and didn't got to play much and so didn't even find some of the problems out of the box.
One problem was an oversensitiv pop bumper, that was a pretty easy fix adjusting the switch.

The more funny problem is, that the switches for the control room aka c-shot and the raptor pit seem to be wired incorectly. In the switch-test, the control room is the raptor pit and the raptor pit is the control room.

The switch has two cables, green and black. I am not realy sure what to do. My feeling tells me, to switch those cables but a new guy and still learning a lot about electronics.

Thanks a lot for your help!
kiM

#13703 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Not sure which two switches are mis-wired, but they all share the same colour wire on one side (black-grey), so if you de-solder the mixed up switches and put the wires on the right ones, then things will work out. My guess is "Raptor Pit Top" (lgn) and "Control Room" (lgn-gry) are switched. Not sure what colour "lgn" is and at this point, I'm afraid to ask.
[quoted image]

That is a picture of the switch under the control room (left) and the raptor pit (right). Green, black or both cables?
Thanks a lot.

20220502_213116 (resized).jpg20220502_213116 (resized).jpg

#13705 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Need a better pic focusing on the green wires going to those 2 switches - the control room should be Light Green with Grey stripe (LGN-GRY), while the top raptor pit should be solid Light Green (LGN).
Also just to doublecheck, take a pic of the wire colours going into Node 9's connector CN11 (Node 9 is on the bottom left of the PF when you have the PF raised vertically) - pin 2 should be the Light Green with Grey stripe (LGN-GRY) wire, while pin 3 should be the Light Green (LGN).

Thanks for your help. I will check it in the evening ( I live in Switzerland) and write back asap. I have this picture, but I don't think it's helping. Front switch should be control room.
20220502_213128 (resized).jpg20220502_213128 (resized).jpg

#13710 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes a bit hard to tell from that pic as well, but check out which one has the grey stripe - it should be the control switch and it should be going into pin 2 on CN11 on the Node 9 board. Hopefully you'll be able to spot where the issue is from this

Thanks for everybodys help so far.

So I had a closer look and took the following pictures. To me, both cables are lgn. There are no grey stripes. They both go into Nodeboard 9, CN11 next to each other.

20220503_164416 (resized).jpg20220503_164416 (resized).jpg20220503_164425 (resized).jpg20220503_164425 (resized).jpg20220503_164501 (resized).jpg20220503_164501 (resized).jpg20220503_164508 (resized).jpg20220503_164508 (resized).jpg20220503_164539 (resized).jpg20220503_164539 (resized).jpg
#13712 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:The top picture shows a lgn-gry wire and the second one has a solid green wire. That first picture looks like the control room target, is that correct?
It's hard to see for sure but it looks like the lgn-gry and lgn wires are reversed in that connector.
So basically, you could reverse the wires on the switches so that lgn is on the control room target and lgn-gry is on that Raptor pit target. OR you could reverse the wires in the connector (as others have mentioned, this would be the "proper" fix). However, just switching the wires will make it work as intended and will be an easy job to do.

Well... it is kind of a mess. The lgn-grey cable goes to the raptor pid -up left switch and gets regognised so in the switch test. Raptor Pit - Top and Control Room are both lgn cables.

#13714 1 year ago

20220503_195008 (resized).jpg20220503_195008 (resized).jpg

Quoted from shaub:Well now I'm not understanding. In your post (#13710) you posted 5 pictures. Can you confirm what they are? To me Pic 1 looks like the "Target Control Room" and Pic 2 looks like the "Target Raptor Pit-Top."
edit: Basically, Im wondering if the physical switches are wired correctly, but that the connector itself is wired incorrectly. It would help if you could take a clear picture of that connector clearly showing which wires go to which spots on the connector.

Ok... I think I found one of the problems... I am definitly colorblind. I wasn't able to see the grey stripe. Sorry everybody.
It looks like the lgn gry is in input pin 3 and the lgn is in input pin 2. On the Switches the colours are correct. lgn gry on Control Room and lgn on Raptor Pit - top.
Can I just pull them out and stick them in or do I need to watch for something?

#13739 1 year ago

Thanks to everybody for the help.
The fix was in the end easy but I learned a lot on the way . Just had to change the cables on the molex connector. Screwdriver did the job very well.

I noticed that my trex somtimes loses the ball, altough I have set the adjustment to:

"T-REX THROW BALL ENABLED" - NO

Did someone had to deal with similar issues?

#13741 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Can you elaborate on how she "loses the ball"? Do you mean she grabs the ball but when swinging her head around the ball comes out?

Yes. While moving the head right to left, she opens her mouth and looses the ball.

#13746 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

are the settings STOCK or has someone changed them?
Go into the magnet power setting and see if it is set for FACTORY settings.

All FACTORY settings on the T-Rex, just the "T-REX THROW BALL ENABLED" - has been changed to NO.

Two out of three times she does it right. Maybe I will contact my distributer for this one. Watch and learn.

#13756 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

There is one t-Rex mode that even if you have the throw disabled she will drop, not throw the ball, to the left side (as you look at it) instead of placing it on the wire form to the right. Just making sure you’re not talking about that before you start tinkering!

Which mode is it? Trex multiball it works most of the time and trex chase it allways worked so far.

1 week later
#13861 1 year ago
Quoted from Freebird:

For me this was caused by the T-Rex mouth sticking open.

You have been able to deal with the mouth sticking open by cutting a slice of the upper jaw didn't you?
Could it also be a problem with the coil?

I already tried to cut a bit of the upper jaw, but it did not help so far. I am hesitant on how much more I should cut of.

#13863 1 year ago
Quoted from Freebird:

The coil drives the jaw open, and it is sprung closed, so likely not the coil. You might have a look at the jaw hinge binding on the T-rex head rubber cover. Hard to see, but when the jaw is wide open, the hinge can bind on the inside of the cheek or eye area. The rubber can be shimmed out a bit if it is. I believe another poster had that issue.

Thank you for your tip.
Some days ago it worked perfectly three times in a row. But now the Trex never went through the chomping motion in about twenty tries in a row.

#13868 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

How many for the T-Rex modes are you playing, because she doesn’t chomp on the ball for all of them.
Have you gone into service mode and tested the opto switch in her mouth, also tested opening/closing her mouth and tested the magnet in her mouth? Do they all work correctly? Can you recreate the issue in test mode?

My only problem is the trex mutliball. All other trex modes work fine, because she chews the ball only during trex multiball. In the coil test she opens her mouth with the jaw opening test and closes the mouth with the magnet test.
I am not sure what the opto switch test is.
And also, where is the close jaw test? Or is it the magnet test?

#13870 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

To test the opto switch, just going into the standard switch test (works for all switches- microswitches, opto and eddy).
I thought you could test the mouth opening & closing in the T-Rex vertical test using the start button. Currently overseas so can’t confirm

I will try that. Thanks

#13872 1 year ago

Is it possible, that during the coil test the Trex should close her mouth while activating the Trex mouth magnet? Because mine does not.

#13877 1 year ago
Quoted from Freebird:

My issue was also temperature related. The jaw stuck open more when the room was cold, and before the machine (and the room) warmed up.

Now after 2 houres of playing the game, it suddenly started working properly. Maybe it really has something to do with the temperature. But the temperature of what exactly?

Also do you know, what mecanisme closes the Trex jaw?

Thanks so much
kiM

3 weeks later
#14120 1 year ago

Heyho

I am definatly not the first guy with this problem but I have can not find a awnser right now.

So when I hit the right ramp, the wireform should guide the ball perfectly to the right flipper. On my maschine the ball often bounces left and right after exiting the wireform and then I am not able to hit it with the upper flipper. I think the wireform exit is to much in the center and should be farther on the right, in a way that the wire on the right (from the three wires of the wireform) is perfectly above the ball guide.

What and where should I bend? I am not sure what to do.

Thanks for your help!

#14123 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I'd say first thing to try instead of bending is just playing with the alignment of the entire wireform. Loosen the wireform at it's attachment points and try just slightly changing the alignment of it and re-tighten the attachment points. Then using your hand roll a ball down the wireform and see if it exits smoothly to the ball guide. Keep trying slight adjustments until you find a spot where it's consistently exiting smoothly to the ball guide. If you try that a bunch and it doesn't work, then you might need to slightly bend something but I'd try this first.

Thanks for your response.
I forgot to mention what I allready did, my fault. I did not only play with the attachment points, I went further and took appart the whole ramp. Nothing helped so far. The only short fix was to press the wire on the right behind the ball guide. It stuck there for a game and then... o wonder it worked perfectly. But it does not last there long by just stucking it behind the ball guide.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bend, OR
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12,999.99
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kimchilla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=kimchilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.