New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8,294 posts - Hot topic!
  • 723 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,753 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1.gif
ef31b6a59efa44aef380b503f3e794555ceb0b36 (resized).jpeg
20201123_115632 (resized).jpg
20201123_115607 (resized).jpg
IMG_4929.JPG
1.gif
IMG_4928 (resized).JPG
IMG_4926 (resized).JPG
IMG_4924 (resized).JPG
IMG_4927 (resized).JPG
PXL_20201122_065137729~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4914 (resized).JPG
IMG_4913 (resized).JPG
BE6B30CA-9088-414E-BFCE-7D7EBFA637A3 (resized).jpeg
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
IMG_4908 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #72 Custom Jurassic Park apron cards Posted by Coindropper (1 year ago)

Post #230 Custom Apron Cards for Stern JP Posted by Coindropper (1 year ago)

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (1 year ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (1 year ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (1 year ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (1 year ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (1 year ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (11 months ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by Scribbles (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevindrives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1113 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

While I agree that the secret skills shots are valuable, they don’t hold a candle to the awesome feeling of hitting that 3rd combo of the standard skill shot. I can’t think of another game that has a skill shot that feels that good.

It took me a week, but I finally hit all three skills shots for the Double Super Skill Shot. What a rush!

2 weeks later
#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

1st toy added...

The glory for $1 flea market buys.

Can you tell me where you got that mounting plate? That looks handy.

#1605 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Can the flipper be adjusted to where it should be?
Or is it the post that is misaligned ?

I heard Elwin state on podcast that the ball should go down the middle if you don't flip the upper right flipper.
It should not hit the post on a smooth trajectory from the right orbit.
That's so you make sure you use the upper flipper or risk losing the ball.
Feature, not a bug.

#1618 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It was the opposite.. they put the post in to stop the SDTM.

well, my wife does blame me for selective hearing, so it wouldn't be the first time I missed something.
So the ball should hit the post and roll down. I'll have to now see how mine is set up

2 weeks later
#1935 1 year ago

my Insert light is white. So that’s the wrong color?

71BB5769-36CE-4FD4-A5FA-9F4431F4F887 (resized).jpeg
#1940 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

The ESCAPE insert is supposed to be white. Was that what you were referring to in your picture?
EDIT: On Stern’s website, the prototype models had aqua colored inserts for the ESCAPE inlays. Maybe a change from the prototype, because mine are white.
hawkmoon77 was referring to a RESCUE insert that was installed clear instead of orange.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/21#post-5239195

Oh right. The Escape is white. The Rescue is what I hear might be wrong. That would be annoying.

1 month later
#2972 12 months ago

I just had the most amazing and improbable shot ever.
During the TRex Multiball, a ball on the upper right and a ball at the lower right were positioned perfectly that with one press of the button, one ball went up the guard tower and the other up the TRex Ramp.
Million to one kind of shot.

1 week later
#3105 11 months ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

- Enter Initials - updated font colors and sizes

To be honest, THIS is what I'm glad they finally changed. Not even kidding.

3 weeks later
#3427 10 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Factory. Maybe my coil stops are wearing out.

How do you know when coil stops break? Do they start feeling sluggish then give out?

My right flipper feels like it lost some power and is sluggish. I’ve never experienced a broken coil stop before.

1 week later
#3515 10 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

Thanks guys. Will these from pinball life be a good replacement?[quoted image]

This is what I just ordered too. 6, just to be safe.
They are easy to install.

#3535 10 months ago

My new coil stops arrived. I invited some buddies over to help with this simple repair; just 2 screws out, put the new coil stop in and screw it back together. Did all three no problem.
What I took out was the plate with a hole and the spring washer- for all three coil stops. I thought the coil stop disintegrated or something.
We got the game running again, however, the flippers only moved half way. That didn’t seem right. We followed the simple instructions.
But then I had an idea- what if the button was still in the coil sleeve!
We took a look, and sure enough the buttons were in all three coil sleeves.
We took the buttons out, and this time also remembered to put the spring washer back on the new coil stops too.
My audits say that I had 50,000 left flips and 70,000 right flips.
How do these coil stops break so easily? Are the a bad batch or a cheap batch?
I’m glad it was a simple fix, and the shots are now quick and snappy!

81818601_10157785396036113_7219170099872137216_n (resized).jpg82781144_10157785396096113_954365454275575808_n (resized).jpg
#3583 10 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Picked up a pro today and was curious if anyone added just a couple of lights to brighten up the middle of the playfield. Don't want to risk frying a node board doing it the wrong way.

I made some "poor man's pinstadiums".
Simple 5V LED white strips clipped into a GI bulb in the back. For about $15 it works pretty good.

3 weeks later
#3822 9 months ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Honestly, I think additional "game modes," like this are genius and a great way to make a pinball machine last longer in a home environment. I get the instinct to worry about whether it will diminish the actual wizard mode -- but frankly final wizard modes are usual just a blur when you get to them and since you probably haven't studied the rules it's kind of a cluster F. Honestly, I think I'd rather have played the wizard mode a bunch of times before I really get there, so I have a chance to savor the moment more, if that makes any sense. I can see how others would disagree with this though.

And this makes the game at home great for friends and parties. Most of my friends don't play as much as I do, so for them, this will be a great addition of something to challenge each other with.
And, the coders will know that all their work will be used and enjoyed more.
I love everything about this.

2 weeks later
#4057 9 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Can someone please explain Raptor multiball? My take is you need to hit the 3 targets inside, then hit the raptor target in the back, then a bunch of the targets again to start it. The reason I ask is there are sometimes I'll hit the front of the post going into the raptor pin and it will register as a hit. I was thinking the vibration was causing a switch to register but I place it in switch test and pound balls off that post and nothing is registering. Also, if I have the integrity down to 0% sometimes launching a ball will start the mode that makes me think of a vibration again but again I'll place the machine in switch test and vibrate the machine and nothing. I'm stumped.

If you want a poster of the rules, Keith posted these on FB awhile ago, and i made a PDF of them.

JP2.pdf
4 months later
#5659 4 months ago

I can't remember if I ever posted this.
Keith posted these, and I just added the background.JP2.pdf

1 month later
#6335 3 months ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Thank you for directing my attention to that. Sure enough, the right coil stop has a slight amount of play where the middle part can be moved back and forth slightly. There is zero play in the left coil stop. Guessing that slight amount of movement is causing the issue I saw. Fingers crossed the replacement fixes the issue.

My coil stops all broke after 3 months of play.
I ordered 6 just to have extras on hand.
It's a simple fix, and will fix it.

3 weeks later
#6741 79 days ago

1) don't forget to clean and wax your playflield from time to time. Did that last night and wow this game is fast again.

2) take time to do what's in "Post #5270 make the jeep work well". Cleaning that ball bearing makes the Jeep come alive again. Fantastic.

3) Since I have a Pro, I did the Helicopter Matchbox mod. I think it looks great. Really close to the glass but fits great.

20200906_000316090_iOS (resized).jpg20200906_000316232_iOS (resized).jpg20200906_000316370_iOS (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6827 71 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I've been trying to order the blades from Stern's shop, but they go to out of stock when I try to check out.

If you want to save some money, get these off eBay. for under $20 you can make your own side art.
ebay.com link » 3d Dinosaur Jurassic Removable Wall Stickers Decal Kids Bed Room Home Decor Usa

pasted_image (resized).png
1 month later
#7506 36 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I am currently struggling with this same conundrum as well. I really think the best choice for me is to stick with the cartoony look of the PF and rear panel artwork and pay to ship the ones from RR over here. I don't think the photo real ones really jive with the art theme and for me blades should compliment the art if at all possible.

I got these on eBay. Saved lots of money, and I like how that blue matches really well.
for under $20 you can make your own side art.
Not the best photo, but you get the idea
ebay.com link » 3d Dinosaur Jurassic Removable Wall Stickers Decal Kids Bed Room Home Decor Usa

2020-10-19 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevindrives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside