(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsitaly42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5500 3 years ago

Need some advice. I am very new to pinball ownership. Bought my first game on here last week, Lord of the Rings.
I'm obsessing over Jurassic Park LE. Problem is they're obviously hard to get my hands on. Wondering if I bought a Premium and decked it out with shaker motor, blade graphics, and all the mods worth getting if that will be sufficient vs. the limited. I love the look of the green powder coating and the mirrored back glass.... but I'm not fully enjoying the chase for the LE. I was a week too late on a couple that were on the marketplace. Then I was contacted by a guy who was on the fence selling one, but then his wife and daughters have seemingly talked him out of it (WHAT A TEASE!)..

So, thoughts on this?

#5503 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Here’s my premium w/ LE style powder coating, a shaker motor, mirror blades, and HD glass. It was about 2k cheaper than LEs are going for on the market these days.
If you’re new to the hobby you’re going to sell it in six months anyways, so my advice to you would be to just find a premium... leave it stock, and enjoy! The value of mods does not carry over in the slightest.[quoted image]

Thanks, this gives me the best visual for what that endeavor would look like. I will be holding onto my pins because I'm building a quality home arcade blending the pins into it. I am not a horder, but I definitely hold onto things haha.

Was there one central place you did all your mod business with?

#5506 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

This has happened to me more than once. There are people on here that think it’s funny to jerk peoples chains. They are trolls and should be ignored

I think in his mind he was ready to part with it, then his kids and wife gave him grief. I just wish he didn't PM me until knowing for sure first. We went back and forth on text for a week, negotiated, he sent me pics etc.

#5507 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

My opinion is to go for the premium. I don't know if the mirrored backglass is available, but all of the other extras certainly are though for things like powdercoating you'd need to send the pieces to someone to perform the work. If funds are stopping you, then you can definitely get a shaker motor, PDI glass (or whichever brand you want), powdercoating, sideblades, and other playfield mods (the fossil sign covers from mezelmods and the raptor pit from mezelmods are excellent). You'll be spending less, getting the machine and enjoying it faster, and you can personalize how you customize your machine.

Funds aren't the issue for me. Just trying to be realistic it might be near impossible for me to get an LE anytime soon and weighing other options vs spending hours scowering the internet every day. Appreciate the advice, might end up going this way..

#5519 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Just keep searching mate, if you are set on owning an LE, something will come up. Some people are happy with the premium as it is a beautiful machine, others like or must have a Limited edition one. If you go with the premium and modding it, I’d definitely not got down the route of trying to make it look like the LE with green, etc. I’ve seen someone Here on pinside who did an awesome job and powder coated it candy orange and looked amazing, as good as the LE and only thin it didn’t have was mirrored back glass and LE plaque.
Enjoy the search!

Thanks, was wondering if there were other powder options/experiences with Premium because I wasn't sure about the green on a Prem.

#5524 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Get a NIB Premium. I just bought one last week and its absolutely perfect! No signs of the playfield issues of last year. My favorite art package of the 3 models as well. If you want to powdercoat and add pdi glass you can always do that. The guy who owns this one has the right idea![quoted image]

Hot dang I like this look a lot! I'm a newbie so what is PDI glass?

#5525 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Put up a wanted ad for an LE. If funds are truly not an issue someone will let theirs go for a price.

Thanks. Did that about a week ago and holding out hope

#5527 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

http://pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html
PDI is regarded as the best but Stern also sells their own non reflective glass as well for a bit less.

Woah! Super noticeable. Will this glass fit a standard pinball? Wondering for my Lord of the Rings as well. They have a standard and a wide body.

Also, where did you grab the premium with orange powder coat pic from? I need to contact the guy who did it and get details on who he used.

#5529 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

A Pinsider named Vitty owns the game and posted it in the Premium/LE JP thread. But yes the glass will fit in any standard pinball.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=vitty

Thanks so much for all of your help

#5535 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Contact Robertstone0407 here on pinside. Look at his thread "powdercoat your pinball". I believe he did the JP in question, and many others. He does great work.

Thank you!

1 week later
#5610 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

You won't hold onto them; he's right, you'll sell it in 6 months....12 months tops

No way, I'm too sentimental!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsitaly42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=jsitaly42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.