(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

74 days ago

Topic Stats

• 2,158 posts
  • 304 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by jacksparrow0112
  • Topic is favorited by 135 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 382 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15710958159767743544006814181020 (resized).jpg
15710956728905267595332833780067 (resized).jpg
15710956442566931538554539045655 (resized).jpg
15710956230783103893975899486259 (resized).jpg
15710955836258381530848738616066 (resized).jpg
20191014_135438 (resized).jpg
20191014_134718 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20191014_135330 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191012_142202 (resized).jpg
71902437_10157777389140555_4379022297063751680_o (resized).jpg
72810002_10157777392590555_325285610224877568_o (resized).jpg
72821934_10157777387825555_4383925221275467776_o (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20191012_003601 (resized).jpg
20190922_131419 (resized).jpg
IMG_0514-e1570829451551-1024x456 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (54 days ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (53 days ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (53 days ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (52 days ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (52 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#191 61 days ago

Played JP2 for the first time tonight and really enjoyed it. One thing I was particularly impressed by in person that’s not obvious from the streams is how great the raptor pit is with the flashing lights and torches... it looks great in person!

#229 58 days ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

I’m probably gonna order a pro in the next week, and thinking this topper looks better then most I’ve seen out there.
https://tilttopper.com/shop?keywords=Jurassic&olsPage=products%2Fjurassic-park-pinball-topper
Not sure how to link videos to this site (computer challenged) but the link takes you to a video.
[quoted image]

I am an anti-topper person, and even I think this looks incredible.

#400 53 days ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im feeling real good about picking up this game.
I played a couple hours today, all alone in the Lounge, and found myself a bit in awe about
the variety of mode, rules, and shots....It simply grabbed me by the balls, and gave me much more than
1 more game feeling.
Multiballs are well earned, not given out, and I played 2.
Holy Crap, trying to keep balls in focus with the upper flipper and the 5? possible shots from it,
was an insane rush!
Must upper flipper games dont have so many different fast flowing shots that way.
Im going to wait for the next run...let them get some changes out with flipper post, QC, etc....
Now, what to move out??? WH2O?, ICB? a bunch of slots? Thats the tough part.
(Wonka also ate some quarters for the first time, but after hearing, "shoot Augustus Gloop" a couple times,
I knew what I preferred...pretty game, though).

Art, what other games do you have in your collection? The info isn’t visible on your page.

#468 52 days ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

How do you qualify the control room? Iv got most everything else figured out but not sure on this.

From Tiltforums:

Control room modes are lit by:

Catching your first dinosaur
Spelling CHAOS twice
Starting raptor MB
15 tower shots

Hitting the Control Room shot when lit catches the ball with the up-post and lets you select.

There is some good information there: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

#484 51 days ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Keep waiting...No playfield BS here.
She’s a beaut clark.[quoted image]

No washers under the posts?? I thought that was the ‘new norm’?

#486 51 days ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Nope. Not on their games. Came like this. My $8800 Jurassic LE purchase better have this taken care of...No excuse. They know.

You in on an LE too? I have a deposit down for an LE, but am thinking of getting a refund and waiting to see if this is sorted out.

I’m not buying my first NIB if I can’t be assured the item will be in merchantable quality that won’t be an issue over time. I’ll wait to see if this is resolved. My Shadow and all the pinball locations in NYC will keep me satisfied anyway.

#488 51 days ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Yes, LE also. I wasnt in the market for another pin. BUT JP+Keith=in the market for a new pin.
Im out unless there is a serious fix. Call your distro and let them know where you are and that will be more pressure to fix. Or, it wont. Either way it is absolutely risky.

Agree. Maybe I’m being picky, maybe I’m not - on the Stern playfield issues. But it’s my money, so it’s my right to choose around which tolerances I’ll accept with what I spend it on.

I’m in no rush.

#583 50 days ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I know this will seem crazy to many of you but I much prefer the look of this pin without those sling plastics.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I also think it looks better without metal washers under the star posts.

#586 50 days ago

Will people still be able to place the Comet Pinball illuminated star posts under the posts if the pins are preinstalled with washers? I really like the way they’ve lit up the posts in my Shadow and would want to use them on JP too.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/illuminated-star-post-kit

#595 50 days ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Would like to get an overview of the code depth & mode progression. Are the modes random or linier? Also, how would you compare JP's code depth to another title? Is JP's code SW's/BM66 deep, or BKSR/Munsters shallow? I tried asking this on a different JP thread w/ no response. There appeared to be several JP threads, so is this the official go-to JP thread?

Looks like Batman crossed with Iron Maiden... Some good information here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

#607 50 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

If Stern just blows off people who contact them about chipping on their playfields, then they would deserve the same criticism. I don't know if that's the case with them or not. I have a JP2 on order, and I hope I don't have to find out. Playfields should not chip or show these types of issues in less than a year. They just shouldn't. I know from my experience how JJP responded to my contacts with them about chipping on my POTC. Silence.
I called JJP to ask for advice on how to secure/repair my chipping. Nothing more than that. Just asking for advice. Their response? "We'll get back to you." 2 weeks later I call again. "We'll get back to you". Repeat that same cycle a couple more times. And all I was asking for was advice on how best to lay the chip back down. That's all I requested on each call and they wouldn't even get back to me about it. With my machine out of the 30 day warranty I knew advice was all I really could ask for. Did I think they should have offered more of a resolution than what I was asking for? Absolutely yes if they wanted to maintain a good customer relationship. But I left it for them to choose what, if anything else, they would do. They chose to do nothing more than sell an unpopulated playfield AND charge shipping for it. They made their choice, so I'm making mine and not buying from them again. Their product has a very important component that has issues which call into question how the playfield will last long term and they're unresponsive about it. That's not the type of company I'll purchase from again.
I think it's that dismissing/ignoring of the customer that has been the most disappointing (and yet also enlightening) thing about the whole issue with JJP. Now on Pinside I see the issue popping up with some Stern machines. I'm hoping I don't run into this same situation with JP2 or, if it does happen, maybe Stern will have some better assistance. Fingers crossed (but not holding my breath).

Wow. That’s a shame, and good to know.

#663 49 days ago
Quoted from Groo:

I'm just wondering what the certainty is that all of those will eventually crack? I didn't see any "pools" on my star posts, but you can see little ripples in around 6 posts on my machine. For the heck of it I looked at Munsters and that had them too. That's sitting at about 500 plays and none seem to be cracking. Close to 100 on my JP right now.

My understanding is that star posts get a lot of vibrating from the solenoids in the slingshots. Perhaps this is why they are prone to wear if not cleared right?

#671 49 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

any clear that is still malleable weeks or months later didn't have enough hardener in the mix and will never stiffen up. In other words, it's as cured as it's gonna get.

Uh oh Spaghettios.

#682 49 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I'm going back and forth on pro vs premium. At first I was 100% you're crazy if you don't go premium but the more I think about it, is it really worth it? I like the chomping but is that worth 1700+? If this wasn't a sickness, I would say of course not but I don't know - ton of money for it. The raptor pen is cool but whatever, same with helicopter.
Hmmmmmm
This is not factoring in chipgate btw - let's assume no pf....

I think premium/LE is the way to go. I suspect the raptor pen will be one of those things that is underrated visually, but will be a lot of fun once you try it.

#782 48 days ago
Quoted from tacreno:

From your pic, isn’t this the issue everyone is talking about? Maybe its just a reflection but it sure does look like the others[quoted image]

Sure does

#809 48 days ago

Here are three things I learned from the Head 2 Head pinball podcast with Keith that I thought sound great:

-The Raptor and CHAOS multiballs have three levels of progression.

-The T-Rex on the Premium/LE will follow the ball around the playfield. This was supposed to be implemented in the original JP, but wasn’t due to a patent for this feature with Rudy from Funhouse.

-The direction you make the truck face will control whether the orbit directs to the loop or the pops.

Such a deep level of detail and nuance in this game.

#858 47 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

You really like the artwork? Zaphx - I'm jealous that your eyeballs are able to take really bad generic art and convey to your brain that it's really good. If I recall correctly, you thought the standard art on Wonka was really good too.....wow.
Man - I just don't even know what to say. If people REALLY like the pro translite on this game and don't acknowledge it's generic garbage, if I'm stern I'm saying why even try. They'll take anything.
Guys - it's OK to not say everything about a game is great. That's how we make progress in this hobby.

Have you seen the pin in person?

#859 47 days ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have been playing this game all week in my head....I dont want to wait, but need to, until the dust settles.
It truly has something special in Gameplay that has grabbed me, and sucked me in.

Not since Alien (or what it could have been) huh?

#869 47 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would say your art style, and a few others revolutionized what the consumer can expect out of Pinball art in the current generation. Deep down inside you know when you look at that pro translite you understand exactly what we're talking about.
Now if the question is this generic montage of dinosaurs or actual film assets, I'm taking assets everyday of the week however that isn't always the right answer. Put some more inspired work together, whether that was a lack of time given to Johnny by Stern, then the answer certainly could have been different. I'm getting the premium version which is tolerable - leave it at that.

I quite like the art. Good line work, nice blocking of tints and shades, not overly reliant on gradients. Looks hand drawn - great work. Art is subjective though.

#959 45 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

I think I would grind that down or put some kind of protection on the edges... looks like it could put some nasty divots in your balls.

Agreed, and scratch playfield.

1 week later
#1386 33 days ago
Quoted from Flare:

I wasn't going to say anthing, because I don't care about it, but I find it really a little strange that a certain amount of complaining about the pooling issues is being done by people who don't own the game; yet this is an "owners" thread. I'm just a little confused, that's all.

It's a Catch 22 situation... I was going to own the game (and had a deposit down), but cancelled my preorder and requested a refund because of the pooling and potential clear cracking. If I didn't see an issue, then I wouldn't be complaining and would own the game.

I don’t trust spin or silence, not enough to encourage me to trust that if I purchase a pin with clear issues that they will align on my tolerance of what is acceptable - especially when they have my money already and I have the defective pin.

#1556 28 days ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

My distro said that Stern has told them nothing and he suggested that I call Stern to find out if the issues are resolved. Fyi, I was asked for final payment on my premium. I'm not really happy with that response though. It doesn't give me much confidence.

What distributor?

#1650 24 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thought I would post this here as well. Impressions of the LE:
So l played an LE for almost two hours today. Here are my impressions.
Going in, I already knew I wanted this game but wasn't sure pro or prem/LE. The long short of it is premium/le ALL THE WAY and the PF was perfect - def much less clear on it which seems to be the answer along with no art by posts!
1) Art on the LE is so much better than the pro (in person). I won't revisit my take on the pro considering it's not very positive but good rebound on the LE. I'm not a fan of that JP3 Dino or the car but in the aggregate it works.
2) Right off the bat, you start the game and a glaring difference from the pro is the helicopter. Yes it looks cool but what was surprising to me was the sound it makes which is very loud. It really adds to the overall effect and gets you right into that JP mood.
3) Right after that I was greeted with a HUGE TREX roar that had the toy visibly open it's mouth and it was just awesome. It really got me engaged in the game and instantly took that relatively dull/stagnant corner of the Pro and brought it too life. BAM - toy in your face right in the beginning - loved it. Afterwards it would just follow the ball but in many different directions and it felt organic
4) TREX eating the ball - very cool although a couple things. The shot needs to be basically perfect otherwise it won't work. I also would like stern to close the mouth MUCH quicker as the current delay kind of breaks the effect a little as the REX mouth seems to be on a slight delay. The mech worked everytime when the shot was lined up right. It didn't throw it during any of my games though - hopefully that's still in! I also think the JP DE eating is cooler, but Stern JP throwing is better than the swallow so a draw!
5) Quality wise, the game feels better than the pro. This was in line with my previous experience with LE/prem vs pro - not sure why since Stern hasn't said they differ in build but it felt heavier no question.
6) Sound effects in this game are fantastic. Call outs, especially the main guy with the accent are bad.
7) Raptor Pit - BIG difference on the prem/LE. I knew TREX would be hard to pass on but not this. I was wrong. The gate going up, the effects that play and the way it works makes this shot make so much more sense vs. playing the pro.
8 ) Stern - give the LE guys matching trim on the backbox. Cmon now. As for the powder, I'm not really a huge fan. Could have matched with a diff color.
Overall - I'm def getting a prem and my concerns about pfs has been really helped by this experience.
Stern - job well done.

Thanks delt31, good summary. So the premium looks better than the LE too?

#1655 23 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/23#post-5183990
I will say that I haven’t found a mounting solution yet that I’m happy with. It sags and his feet get in the way of the ball. I hope to come up with something better next weekend.

Gotta rush the mods with impatience and misaligned products. Such is the way.

1 week later
#1859 13 days ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Elwin does not consider the Paddock Modes to be "modes" in the traditional sense. He says they're more like Power Features in Iron Maiden. The Paddock Modes work off of this concept: there are rescues and a dinosaur, save a certain number of rescues, then trap the dinosaur, then visit helipad, then shoot the dinosaur. Both the dinosaur and the rescues move around based on time (and being eaten). There is very little difference between playing them linearly or playing them randomly (except the dinosaurs get faster and more aggressive as you progress, so the guests start getting eaten almost immediately later on). What increases is the difficulty, but otherwise they are all the same.
The uniqueness of modes comes from Control Room Modes and T-Rex Modes. Each of those has its own set of unique rules. Interesting to see what happens with Fossils in future updates...those are more like Soul Shards in Iron Maiden.
It's not necessarily super deep in terms of number of modes, but it's very nuanced because you'll have lots of different things going on at once and you need to prioritize what you're going for. The game continues to open up as you understand more about what is going on.

Exactly. Paddocks are like ramps in White water (but cooler).

#1929 9 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

Saw that man. I’m sure this is not what you had in mind when buying an LE. Hope Stern works with you to remedy it.

Yes sorry to hear, sounds like your edition is a very limited edition, but not in the way you’d like.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
Mesquite, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside