(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joker19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13133 2 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hi all .
Sorry to interrupt. Just wanted to let folks know that we have the JP PowerBladez back in stock. I get a lot of request for these and the sell out quick. Just wanted to give a heads up.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jurassic-park-pinball-powerbladez
Thanks!
Joe[quoted image]

Those look awesome. Any videos or pics of them in a game? Would love to see how it looks.

#13148 2 years ago

Clean my JP and this fell as we lifted the playfield and tested the flippers. Any one knows where it goes?

20220129_141343 (resized).jpg20220129_141343 (resized).jpg20220129_141349 (resized).jpg20220129_141349 (resized).jpg
#13152 2 years ago

Thanks! Will take a look at those.

#13158 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Definitely coil stop washer. Did you disassemble the flipper mechanism underneath?

Quoted from Green-Machine:

I was thinking the same thing. That washer doesn’t just fall out

No I did not, just was moving the pf up to test the switches. I cleaned the pf, installed flipper button light, though light. Never disassemble any coil or mechanism.

#13161 2 years ago

Thanks. Will do.

#13167 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Is it possible the washer fell out with a previous owner's repair work?

Maybe, I'll take a look tonight. I contacted Stern's support and they responded quickly with parts on the way part of the warranty.

1 week later
#13279 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question for the group.
I don't always make it to the visitor center, but I did yesterday. It's always a rush!
Took a straight path from the left-sided paddocks to get there. Did have two T-Rex events (multiball and T-Rex rampage), and did one control room mode. Did achieve one extra ball during this time.
I got to the visitor center on ball 2 (with help from an extra ball) and almost had the left control room shot for the last raptor (I think that was the last raptor shot), but I missed it. However, as the game moved forward, on ball 3, I wasn't exactly sure what was to be done at that point in time... No other paddocks to go to. Didn't see a way forward, per se.
What does one do at this point? Hit the truck and try and do remaining T-Rex events? Try and qualify additional control room shots?
I recall being in that position before, but always at a bit of a loss as to what to try and do at that point. Can someone help to shed a little light in this situation? Thanks everyone!

So
Visitor cente: go through the paddocks.
Secure control Room: play all control rooms
Museum Mayhem: play all 4 T-Rex mode

Then you can go to Escape Nublar.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644#heading--escapenublar

You can find more here.

5 months later
#14642 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Simple question - is it possible to hit the smart missile target if the jeep is on the right-hand side? Seems like a thread the needle shot if so, but just wanted to check before I go crazy.

Ya it is, but as hard as the O shot. Lol.

1 week later
#14740 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I have no clue what the random knocker sound means when I’m having a decent game but yeah I like it cause it happens during a good run lol. Means I’m not having a shitty game.

It means you have surpassed the Replay score set on the machine. But basically, yes, means you are having a decent game! Lol

3 months later
#15309 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
For Museum Mayhem wizard mode, you just have to have played (and Not completed) the T-Rex events correct? Same for Secure Control Room wizard mode, just played and not completed?
Thank you

That is correct, no need to finish each TRex or each Control room to play those mini wiz. Same with Visitor center mini wiz. No need to have capture all those dinos on the path you chose.

#15343 1 year ago

Quick questions to anyone that installed some Pinstads to their JP.

I'm trying to connect the UV+Glow to Flasher 161 Raptor pit Enter flasher. But it is on the big connector and incorporated in that main black board.

I think it is LED 4 on that board, but want to get confirmation.

If so, then just need to plug into LED 4 and the other in the 5V and should be fine, right?

Thanks all.

#15345 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Hook up the alligator clips to the bulb socket. No need to hack the connectors. Come see how I did mine if you want you're only a few minutes away from my place
EDIT: Just realized you meant the flasher board. I hooked my UV up to the left flasher by the control room. Works well.

Thanks. Will try that

But I did not get any alligator clips and the new small metal tips that you can disconnect rhe flasher and put the small wires/connectors in them and replug the flashers

#15347 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Weird. I got both on my last order about 5 months ago.

No worries, figured it out! Installed and looks fantastic!

2 weeks later
#15542 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:What is the easiest way to upgrade back box speakers? Don’t feel like messing with speaker panels or crossover switches. Pinball pro? Will prob do the same to stranger things as well. Thx!

Here is what I would recommend. Easy, new speaker and get some light kit:

https://www.pinballlife.com/rgb-led-round-speaker-upgrade-and-light-kit-for-most-stern-spike-2-pro-premium-machines.html

#15550 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Very helpful. Looks easy.

For 99$ you get 5.25 and light kit and all brackets... Not sure that you can beat that.

If you go the 4inch route and do it a bit yourself, sure.

All depends on how comfortable you are.

My 2 cent.

#15578 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Do you have a picture of how it turned out?

Here you go.

Used comet lights/cable and 3M tape and brackets.

20220424_125318 (resized).jpg20220424_125318 (resized).jpg20220424_125320 (resized).jpg20220424_125320 (resized).jpg
#15588 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Officially in the club! My JP Pro made it home safe tonight before the snow storm/rain tomorrow. Can't wait to get some games in.

Anything the owner of a used JP should know or check for?
[quoted image]

Congrats! Make sure the post protecting the upper flipper is not moving.

Is that the one that was in Ottawa for sale?

#15596 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I searched the thread and didn’t find an answer: Does the newest JP code have a co-op mode?

No, it does not.

1 month later
#15931 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I just discovered yesterday that you can change the smart missile reward. Wondering what you guys usually choose? Not that I hit it very often. Truck always seems to be on right direction and I brick the shot. However it is very satisfying to occasionally slip one thru

Depends, but when available I try to go Raptor MB, that will light another control room

And then Extra ball when available.

If I am in TRex padock, I'll go for clear padock.

#15933 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I did get a raptor mb yesterday. Tried the clear paddock when I just started a paddock but missed of course. Haven't seen a extra ball option yet.

And I agree, one of the most rewarding shot in pinball, that is with my limited experience of course! Lol

#15971 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I am not a fan of the Pro translight so I am very excited to get this one and fix my game

Those are nice. I got the JP home Pin translite. Found it nicer than the Pro!

#15975 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

The Shaker motor in some games I've tried, like Rush, seems amazing. Anyone know how the Shaker motor feels in a Jurassic Park? I am thinking about installing one.

Love it, when you start that Trex MB or when you have any TRex event, it is very nice.

I dialed it back a bit, but still very nice.

2 weeks later
#16045 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I added mylar to the transition to smooth it out a little more.
Seemed to help.

Can you provide a pic of where you put the mylar? Would be appreciated.

1 week later
#16121 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Mind sharing what shaker motor you went with? I have one in my POTC which I'm not all that impressed with so I kind of lost interest but reading your post and others like it make me reconsider.

There are 2 I have seen. I am using the stern one in my JP, but have bought the pbl one. Never had issues with either, but that is my limited experience.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

#16126 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Re: T-Rex ramp rejects

I just did the same and it helped a lot. Far fewer rejects and the shot FEELS a lot better now.

I didn't take a pic, but I cut the mylar a bit like a "T" and placed it like this:[quoted image]

Thank you

1 month later
#16291 1 year ago

Quick question, I got a pterodactyl figure and trying to find the proper wire to use to be strong enough to hold it over the ramp.

I search for pterodactyl on the thread but didn't find the info, does any one know which type of cable? I was thinking piano cable of 1 mm diameter. Got some aluminum craft one, but too soft and won't hold up.

Thanks.

#16297 1 year ago

Thanks all!

#16303 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Still haven't hit the billion club yet but I did just set a personal best score (finally replaced a friend of mine as Grand Champion - embarrassing all these months). Earned a CHAOS and nearly a second one, but still failed to reach the Visitor's Center. I have a recently renewed interest in this game, and it seems even more awesome to me than before.
[quoted image]

So close!!! Congrats. Always feels good to reclaim a score.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joker19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=joker19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.