(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlock.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5024 3 years ago

Hi,
I got a NIB JP Pro last week. The ball keeps getting stuck at the top of the outer loop, up against the gate in the spitter lane. Please see attached picture. When it gets stuck there, a gentle nudge isn't generally enough to free it. It is pretty snugly rested between the lane guide and the gate. Any ideas for a fix? Taking the gate off would apparently fix it but presumably the gate is there for a reason. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
J.R.

IMG_20200518_230854~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20200518_230854~2 (resized).jpg
#5027 3 years ago

Thanks for the fast response, I understand what you are suggesting and will give it a go. Thanks for the clear instructions and diagram.

1 week later
#5087 3 years ago

Hi,
I have about 400 plays on my Pro, love it. Just went to clean today and discovered this sticker (circled in pic). Seems to be on there really well so I'm thinking it's some kind of patch for a clear coat problem. But no real clue. Any ideas? Thanks.

IMG_20200528_134211~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20200528_134211~2 (resized).jpg
#5089 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

That came off the back of the jeep!

Ha. Brilliant!

(Looks around in disbelief at own stupidity)
(Praises the anonymity of the Internet)
(Thanks pinsiders for handling dumb questions with grace)

1 week later
#5340 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I have the same issue...really strange. My left to right is no problem and very consistent. My right to left doesn't work a lot of the time. The flippers seem dialed in so I don't know what the deal is

+1. It's maddening.

2 months later
#6315 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Anyone else find the A shot (right helix ramp) to be the hardest shot on in the game by far?
I know some people find the O and C to be tough but I feel like I have a good sense of how to hit those. The A just seems to have a mind of its own or something, it doesn’t even look tight, it’s right there... maybe it’s in my head? I do seem to be able to hit it during the skill shot.

Personally I find O to be harder, but I agree the A is deceptively difficult and I routinely brick it at the worst moments. Between this one and its brother on IMDN, I am developing a complex about shooting right ramps. sk8ball living rent-free in my head and giving me twitchy left fingers.

1 week later
#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Has anyone else had shots rattle out of the right ramp entrance and still trigger a successful ramp hit? This happened once before, but it triggers more frequently for me now; I've had right ramp rejects trigger skill shots, extra balls, rescues, and dino captures so I don't think it's a code thing.
I'm going to take a look to see if there's a problem with the switch and the related gate at the top of the ramp, although I was mostly curious if anyone else had or has this same issue.

I have had the same issue. Adjusting the switch helped a lot but did not completely solve. It seems that it could ultimately be solved 100% via switch adjustment but it has been more elusive than I would have expected.

#6556 3 years ago

Regarding skill shots not registering on left ramp, I had that issue as well. No amount of manual testing revealed any issue. I then discovered it was happening when I didn't have a clean shot and was grazing the supply drop target before making the ramp. That may or may not explain your issue but is worth looking out for.

3 weeks later
#6971 3 years ago

Anyone else have issue of C shot returning SDTM too often? Mine just started doing so and I'm wondering whether there are any fixes short of bending the end of the rail inward.

#6975 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you checked the pitch of you PF, maybe this has changed from when you originally setup your machine

I haven't. Not sure how it would change, but worth checking nonetheless. Maybe it has a little bit of left/right pitch that it didn't use to have. It is pretty deflating to be having a good game and then get a SDTM feed that didn't use to occur. Pinball can be maddeningly sensitive to very small changes that are hard to track down.

#6996 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Take a very thin 1-2mm strip of mylar and stick it directly in the crease of the bend closest to the flippers - the last crease in the ball guide.
On mine the ball was bouncing off the transition crease and going sdtm. Experiment with thin strips of blue painters tape then finalize with mylar cut similarly to the painters tape.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/96#post-5609401

Thanks for the tip. I couldn't quite get the tape to lay in a way that seemed to work. Upon further review I think the issue was mushrooming of the edge of the rail from taking head-on strikes. Filed a little and am going to test drive tonight. I should have thought to check this first because I had a similar issue on my IMDN launch guide.

3 months later
#8910 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

When it comes out from the control room (C shot) does it go down the centre drain? Increasing the angle as mr_tantrum indicated will help it land on the tip of the left flipper.
There have been other posts where people have commented about the slight kink at the end of the C shot ball guide and a few have had to adjust that a little

Also check for mushrooming at the end of the ball guide and file it a bit if needed, it will make the ball more likely to feed the left flipper.

6 months later
#11074 2 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Today was a long day of mods on my JP premium and MBR. I installed Lior’s trex on JP and it’s awesome. But I had a god awful, could have been catastrophic moment when I accidentally pulled the playfield too far out and dumped it into the cabinet. Not good. I got it back up immediately. It dented the subwoofer a bit, but it seems to work well (probably a long term excuse to upgrade…), it bent the left flipper contacts a bit and I had to do some work to get the flipper working. The only other thing I noticed, after testing a bunch after getting everything tidy, cleaning and putting the glass back on are:
1) occasionally the trex turns its head to the right and it stutters, like it’s stuck. Once it did it with the ball in its mouth and it just dropped it. I’m not sure how much of that was from the playfield dump or from taking the trex mech off twice to first replace the trex and second to fine tune as she/he/they/them/it was a bit crooked.
2) the raptor pen gate now does not lower flush to the playfield and shots to the pen get rejected. I noticed this after putting everything together and thinking it was good to go.
For both of these have diagnostic tests which I have run but not sure what to do to tweak. Maybe the raptor pen has a simple adjustment like the control room stop, but I am too exhausted from all the work today to get back under the playfield. Instead I’m having a drink. Any advice, other than “you are a complete moron for dumping the playfield” would be appreciated.

Did that to my IMDN, total bonehead maneuver, but luckily no damage at all.

4 weeks later
#11400 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Just got my July 3 2021 prem and Love It. Any tips for making the right ramp less tight? All 3 of the right shots are flow killers right now but after some reading seems like the right ramp should be a tad easier. I have the pitch around 7 and have messed with power settings of the left flipper but have it back at 255 now. Any tips appreciated!
[quoted image]

For me it just took a while to dial in the right-hand shots. They are hard. The right ramp will feel less tight with lots of reps. For me it is a tiny bit later on the flipper than my brain wants to believe.

2 weeks later
#11608 2 years ago

Did something relatively cool tonight. Pumped up TREX multiball base jackpot to about 5M, completed all the shots in order from left to right, and then hit left ramp super (drained 2 of 3 balls immediately after...grr...). That landed 360M for the mode, though the math doesn't make sense to me, maybe I had 2X scoring for part of it. In any case, that mode can be pretty tasty...better players than me could conceivably get 1B. Curious what are some of your big scores on this mode?

1 week later
#11658 2 years ago

Just watched the Godzilla release teaser and decided to get one quick JP game in after lunch...what a day.

PXL_20210914_172441835 (resized).jpgPXL_20210914_172441835 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11710 2 years ago

Amber pops plus chaos multiball plus peppering the middle spinner to throw balls into pops can be monstrous!

PXL_20210921_205727012 (resized).jpgPXL_20210921_205727012 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#11810 2 years ago

Breakthrough game: made visitors center, museum mayhem, and invalid frenzy. This game is truly amazing.

Shout out to the person who posted the tip about choosing +5 rescues on first smart missile. If executed properly you can be +2 extra balls in short order.

PXL_20211012_011025622 (resized).jpgPXL_20211012_011025622 (resized).jpg
#11836 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Thank you for the rule sheet, very helpful.
Am I the only one who reads one of those and is completely overwhelmed? For me when I get a new game I like to play it for a while and see if I can get a feel for what it’s trying to tell me to do. Then I will read the rules and try to get a better understanding. It really does seem to require a few months of playing before really getting a grasp on a new game. This one does seem to be pretty deep though!
So far my games have been kinda pathetic, I’m lucky to break 100 million. I imagine it will be like Led Zeppelin though, at first I rarely broke 100 million and now a decent game is at least 400 million.

I've probably read the tilt forums rules a dozen times. I still don't know all the details. But I know enough to realize that the rules are brilliant. It's an amazingly deep journey with many paths and strategies to big scores.

2 months later
#12700 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Okay so just got a JP pro to play, does the action button only light green for super tranq? Does it light for anything else? Thanks

Smart missile award selection.

1 week later
#12850 2 years ago

Back to the strategy talk, I do pretty well just using basic stacking tactics. Always have a paddock going and stack modes on top, playing a mode without a paddock also going is a tactical error I think. I also try to go for the EB that is based on combos, it's worth learning all the combos so you can go for the one that best suits the relevant shots for whatever you are trying to accomplish at a given moment. The T-Rex extra ball is not as hard as it seems. I have been selecting +5 rescues for first smart missile as recommended by someone else on the thread and this has led to my best games because you can get two extra balls very quickly. Finally I always try to deposit the first ball in T-Rex multiball into the pops to give me time/clearance to shoot C and start the jackpot stack. Once you hit the C you are well on your way to a good stack, particularly if you locked in a good base jackpot.

8 months later
#15055 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

The extra ball after six rescues seems to come naturally with the progression of the game. What is the next EB (or next two) to go after? They seem a bit daunting after the first one.

My favorite is get +5 rescues on first smart missle, grab extra ball, then immediately shoot smart missle again, choosing extra ball as prize. It rarely works but when it does, it is glorious.

3 months later
#15942 1 year ago

Finally blew it up tonight after about 2400 plays...7 fossils (previous best was 3) and I made it to secure control room for the first time! No visitors center or museum mayhem (have only reached those a couple times each). This game doesn't get old.

PXL_20230124_004801914.MP~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230124_004801914.MP~2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mead, WA
Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlock.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=jlock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.