(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4159 4 years ago

Hey guys/gals, on the verge of joining the club. Pardon my ignorant question, but curious if there are differences in light show and/or animations between the pro and premium on this one?

Thanks!

#4163 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I haven’t played a premium but what I can say as a Pro owner is that the animations and sound are definitely geared towards the Premium. E.g, raptor gate animating down and up with related sound effects. As a pro owner it’s clear that sound effects and animations are synchronising with toys that aren’t there.

Appreciate the reply, I see that as a good thing!

I guess a better question is, and they dont list this in comparison cards, is am I missing out on any sort of special light show by getting the pro ? Doesnt sound like I would be

#4165 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I wouldn’t say so. As far as I can tell there are no lighting differences between the two games at all.
One example, at the start of T-Rex multiball the flasher strobes the static head while the animation plays. Clearly the strobing is intended to highlight the thrashing beast, but he’s doing nothing .

Appreciate the reply! Im a big fan of flashy lights so I dont want to miss out, haha.

#4171 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Regardless of which trim level you purchase, it's one HELL of a good game. The major differences are the moving Trex head, and the raptor gate that lowers. There are a few other small things, but that's it. To my knowledge, the lights and gameplay are the same. You cant go wrong with any trim level really.

Thanks for the feedback, I committed to the pro.

#4178 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Plastic trees?
Add a UV light kit and grow your own.
[quoted image]

This should have come standard on the LE

1 week later
#4225 4 years ago

Picked one up @ Louisville arcade expo. Happy I did!

IMG_4754 (resized).jpgIMG_4754 (resized).jpgIMG_4756 (resized).jpgIMG_4756 (resized).jpg
#4234 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I like the Nublar challenge but I wish there was an option to turn of the flickering G.I.
Its gets kind of irritating after a short while.[quoted image]

Pretty sure when thumbing through adjustments I saw a static gi lighting setting. Default is no.

#4238 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

So many setting on this game. I just gave them a quick flip through last weekend. Could anyone point me to any shaker motor settings? I found the shaker test in the diagnostics / coil test, but didn't see any other adjustments for it or how often or strongly it is used. It did work so I didn't sweat it at the time.

291 in feature adjustments.

#4242 4 years ago

Maybe I am missing something obvious but anyone have an idea as to why Stern seems to be out of stock on things that are common? The shooter rod is out of stock which many of you mentioned so I expected that, but I figured I would go ahead and purchase a shaker motor and even that was out of stock! Seems to be out on many of the other sites as well. Any insight?

Thank you

3 weeks later
#4500 4 years ago

Added a shaker last night, adds so damn much to this game in my opinion, wow.

2 weeks later
#4788 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

Hoping someone with a pro can help. I was changing my post rubbers to superbands and I forget where the 2 black spacers go. See pic. I couldn’t find a diagram in the manual. Can anyone help? Pic would be ideal![quoted image]

hey man, they go directly under the clear plastic, hope this helps

IMG_4847 (resized).jpgIMG_4847 (resized).jpg
#4791 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

Thanks so much.. is that 1 on each side of ramp? Or both on the right? Sorry for being a pain.
Much appreciated on the assist!

no pain at all. as Aquapin stated, one on each

#4793 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Premiums are out of stock everywhere. Stern might not open this summer. Bummer.

classicgamerooms has a few left in stock.

#4802 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I did not try them through ebay, though I do see they have some listed there. The only downside now is that ebay charges tax, so that makes the game quite a bit more expensive.

Ahhh damn, didnt know that . Curious if he cant pull a couple from Ebay without getting some sort of fee? Surely they make LOTS more selling direct rather than ebay.

#4804 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I imagine that would have come up when I spoke with him on the phone, but I'll try shooting him an email. Either way, the scarcity of the premiums right now might result in me ordering a pro. I'm coming around to it, I've played both and they're both fantastic.

Absolutely, no complaints about the pro here.

#4825 3 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

Joined the club!
Ordered a Pro a few months ago to put on location, but since the location is now temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 situation, it has taken up residence in my home office. Talk about a silver lining!
Everything seems to work flawlessly out of the box. Upgraded the software, swapped in a more silent PSU fan, and -- after honestly too many games in happy ignorance -- noticed that the truck was stuck, held in place by a couple of rubber bands... *cough*

lol! thats great

#4833 3 years ago

Noticed this twice so far now so figured I would reach out. Every once in a while (twice in past month or so), the game wont boot initially. The dim backboard light comes on, but nothing on the play field, lcd, etc. Turning it off and back on brings it to life like nothing happened, and then I can proceed to play as long as I want without issue.

Any thoughts on why the initial boot wont work? Thanks

#4839 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

[quoted image]

You can’t keep skipping leg day my man

#4849 3 years ago

I don’t know what a game being linear means, so I have no opinion.

1 week later
#4941 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

any jp owners own Metallica too? if so, which do you like better? i started a post and poll a week ago, but it didn't get much repsonse. i want to get jp, but afraid to with the playfield issues i read about. wondering if met. is a better move.

I own both, COMPLETELY different games. Metallica has much better flow to it, jp has better shots, more unique, deeper , etc. As odd as it sounds Metallica is a better family game. Both are fantastic, but it truly comes down to what kind of game you are looking for. The flow on Metallica is amazing, where Jurassic park is more clunky in terms of flow. Not saying that’s a bad thing, and I’m happy to have both, since they are incredibly different.

#4959 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

first stern i've ever had to pull an entire flipper assembly off to tighten a post on the pf (the problematic post under the upper right flipper).

Im with you, wtf! Luckily ended up being easy. Curious if a super flat wrench could get under there.

2 weeks later
#5090 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Ha. Brilliant!
(Looks around in disbelief at own stupidity)
(Praises the anonymity of the Internet)
(Thanks pinsiders for handling dumb questions with grace)

If pinside wasn't very kind to those of us who asked silly questions, I wouldn't have lasted very long

#5246 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stern JP topper.
$600.
Spooky R&M topper.
Free.
Make of that what you will.

Sure, Stern actually delivers their products .

I am in no way defending the price tag, and the pictures make it look like a complete pile of shit, but do we really even know what it does to judge it based on a few stock images? The fact of the matter is this is a limited run product, and enough people own this amazing game that will certainly sell out. IM NOT SAYING IM ONE OF THEM, just tossing out a tiny bit of perspective.

The mode thing does piss me off though. I owned a Stranger Things, which I actually did like playing, but the 300 dollar led strip to see artwork ALREADY ON THE TABLE pissed me off so bad I got rid of the game out of principle.

Stern, if you are listening, we HATE this new trend you are starting. Nobody wants to pay hundreds of dollars to unlock something already in the game, its complete horse shit.

Bipolar rant over

1 week later
#5468 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Thanks ectobar for the help. I pulled the mech apart and put a light coating of silicon lubricant. I had already taken the thing apart 3 other times and was super frustrated with the game.
I can now get T-REX multiball in every game I play which was impossible before.

Recently discovered the sticky myself. It makes a night and day difference in the game. I can’t tell you how long I played before realizing the Jeep wasn’t fully spinning around.

#5497 3 years ago

Just discovered Invalid over the weekend. I legit thought it was a glitch in the code so I never chose it during smart missile.... lol. So I finally said hell with it lets see if it breaks the machine... Needless to say, amazingly fun multiball!

#5546 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I am in the club. JP Premium latest run being delivered today to my home. Omg man.

Good to hear! I know you’ve been on the fence for a NIB for a long time.

1 month later
#6043 3 years ago

I cant be the only one who can NOT walk past the game without walking by hitting the flipper button just to hear Nedry.

1 month later
#6880 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Hey guys - I have been pretty off put by this game because the lack of theme integration from the movie, however the recent TMNT custom 1987 firmware gave me hope that maybe someone was working on integrating scenes from the movie into the pin? Is anything in the works?

As others have mentioned a custom firmware with video is available for the premium/le. I only have the pro but the audio project turns this into a brand new game, its incredible.

#6884 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Are you saying there’s an audio package available for the pro? I was under the impression it was only for premium/Le owners. That’d be great if so!!

Yes sir, the prior poster mentioned who to message. its incredible.

Read through the message he sends you, he links a very simply explanation of how to create the new SD-Card, and how to keep your old settings, high scores, etc.

1 year later
#13897 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I have such a love/hate relationship with this damn game. It's just so damn punishing and can make me completely demoralized and want to rage quit (and definitely have). I don't really feel like I'm getting better or anything either so that doesn't help.
But damn if you have that one good run it is such a great feeling and makes me love everything about it and all worth it lol.

Had a billion point game first 2 days of ownership, several games about half that since. Convinced I am just trying to hard. I will not try as hard tonight and report back my findings.

#13945 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Landed a premium today too. Barely. Next week!

Glad you got one, that price you had on Rush LE was mouthwatering .

1 week later
#14043 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear what to try. I did check for loose connections behind the T-Rex and everything looks just fine. Almost seems to me as now the T-Rex doesn't line his jaws up with the ramp when he sets down to catch the ball. Maybe my imagination as now I'm looking for something wrong.
Any way, I made a short video of what the game does, hoping maybe someone else has been through this.

Thanks!

If you go into game specific feature settings go to setting 340, which is middle position bias (or something like that). Going off memory if your trex is going down too far to the right go negative (-1 for example instead of factory default 0), and do the opposite if trex is going down too far to the right, etc. They allow you to really dial in this mech with these adjustments.

Will take a little fiddling, but this helped me tremendously.

Let me know if you arent understanding what I am telling you, and ill try and do better to walk you thought it.

#14054 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

I'll take them if you still have them. I sent a message on your add. I may not be able to use the game but at least it can look good.

Don’t you have a premium ?

If so you’re wasting your money.

1 week later
#14160 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What art blades did you guys go with? I will be getting my premium delivered next month. Like to have them ready and see what you guys and gals went with. Pic if not too much trouble. Thanks in advance.

Wrong thread sorry.

1 week later
#14236 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Do I want pinstadiums in my JP premium? If so, which set? Thanks!

Personally I like them on this game, they help in my dark game room. I think the set I got were the "neos" but not sure how they differ from the others. Got them on a black Friday deal and happy with them.

1 week later
#14358 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Yea cool. Thanks. All because I offered something at high price. Nah. I’ll stay. Thanks, dick.

Read the room.

3 weeks later
#14697 1 year ago
Quoted from athomepinsider:

Looking for beverage buddy recommendations. Links appreciated

https://www.pinballlife.com/pingulp-beverage-caddy-premium.html

Every machine. Color of your choosing.

1 year later
#17439 8 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

My distributor said $13k at 500 same exact game just limited with le touches. No topper doesn’t know about art yet.

If this is the case props to Stern. A 30th anniversary edition @ MSRP of other current LEs is a good thing imo.

#17441 8 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Stern is becoming an expert on deceptive marketing.
I wonder if any of them have read Illinois' consumer trade practices statute.

Who knows, I just like to see the trex eat the ball.

How is the marketing deceptive?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.