(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jahkub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

OK what am I missing here.
Watching one of the recent game streams on YouTube and during T-Rex multiball I am noticing they are trapping up with one ball on the lower right flipper, and somehow are able to control the upper right flipper independently to hit the left orbit and tower shots without budging the lower right flipper which is remaining stationary and cradling a ball. In my experience playing on location if I had a ball cradled on the lower right flipper and tried to even momentarily swat at the other ball with the upper flipper my cradled ball flipper would knock that second ball back into play. Is there a secret I don’t know about? Fairly new to pinball so trying to learn some strategy and technique as I go.
It’s at the 2:31:40 mark of this video...

It's called stage flipping, most games with an upper flipper use two switches at the button in order to have the first switch activate the lower flipper and the next for the upper flipper. Next time you're around a machine with an upper flipper try to slowly press the flipper button and see how it reacts. On a ~half press the lower flipper should actuate, pressing a little more should actuate the upper.

2 months later
#2697 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

The Pterodactyl has landed!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just finished un-boxing mine too! Good stuff

#2757 4 years ago

I mocked this up real quick in order to get rid of the yellow pricing card.
Enjoy?

jurassicParkJeffGoldblumShirtless (resized).jpgjurassicParkJeffGoldblumShirtless (resized).jpg
#2770 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

"nice piece of add" right? lol
To each his own

I'd rather have Jeff as a topper but this will suffice for now.

20191118_170751 (resized).jpg20191118_170751 (resized).jpg
#2772 4 years ago

Ideally I want a animatronic Spitter topper that spits bear spray when a slam tilt is triggered.

#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

This is wrong on so many levels......nice job though.

How could it be wrong when it feels so right?

#2809 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Dear Jurassic Park Team,
Pleas release a substantial code update prior to Thanksgiving. My Wife’s entire family is coming to our house this year and I need an escape. It would be wonderful if a release that included mini wizard modes and other badass features dropped so I could somehow make it through this event. I’m a prisoner in my own home forced to smell that nasty cauliflower her family thinks is so delicious but smells exactly like vomit.
Please. Help. Me.

Mostly just to get the pre/le raptor lock bug fixed would be nice. I've had a few good balls end prematurely because of it.

#2818 4 years ago
Quoted from tipontop:

Same problem here (JP Premium). During almost every game, there are shots on the left ramp that are not register. This happens most often on skill shot. Optos are working correctly in switch test.

tipontop KevInBuffalo
I had this issue and found that it was caused by the rear most opto board of the exit switch not being parallel with the side of the ramp. The second paragraph of the linked post explains it better. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/57#post-5312847

#2819 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

It may have been mentioned before, but I’ve had a situation occur where mid ball, the flippers went dead and the ball drained. It was pretty late in the evening after a few beers so the lead up is hazy, but I believe it was during stacked multiball, maybe TREX Chase and Raptor (if that’s even possible). All I remember thinking was, cool I haven’t had this scenario before, flipped for a lil while during a 4-5 ball multi all and then mutton’. No doubt will be resolved at some point with code updates.

Yeah, if the pen is open during other MBs you can hit the raptor lock and see the post go up for a second and then release the ball. When this happens the game thinks there is a ball locked and it will lose track of how many balls are in play. This means your ball will end when you drain down to one ball.

#2821 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Had this happen last night!

It's pretty bad, I'm surprised they haven't pushed a mini update to address it.

#2829 4 years ago

I think the sign covers and raptor pen from Mezel Mods are really good bang for your buck. Disclaimer: I do work there.

2 weeks later
#3121 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Just updated to .96 on my Pro. Raptor cage is not scoring but all switches work in test mode. Hmmm....

You used the pro code right Tim? I'd try downloading and installing it again anyway.

1 week later
#3211 4 years ago
Quoted from wilder828:

Anyone else noticing a bug when they lock a ball into the raptor pen (premium model)? There are times when I’ll capture a ball, and then instead of a new ball being ejected, it acts like the ball drained and bonus is collected.

Are you on the current (.96) code?

#3213 4 years ago
Quoted from wilder828:

Yes. I've only had it a couple weeks though. I upgraded to .95 during the unboxing and then .96 when it came out.

Sounds like a trough error maybe? I haven't seen any mentions of any major bugs since the last update.

#3264 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

SO, since the new .96 code, my scores have decreased on the average it seems. What's everyones new highest scores on the newest .96 code??Currently I'm having trouble breaking into the 300 million. Had a few high 200's.

Despite the scores staying with each update it's not a bad thing to reset them each time as the scoring changes with most updates.

#3293 4 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

The only shot that misses on mine is the TRex ramp. Stinks to hit the skill shot and not get anything for it. I've poked around but haven't been able to figure out a cause or a fix

@heyitsjoebob This might be your issue with the T-Rex ramp, I've not had a single miss since I did this.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/68#post-5334805

4 weeks later
#3653 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm curious if @delts31 is planning to continue his solid work on a remixed audio package with the iconic callouts from the movie or if someone else is working on that as well. I see the work that folks are doing on other titles and definitely feel like this game needs a killer audio mix with all of the callouts we know and love. Cleland does killer work as well as I'm sure others in the pinside community have done for other games. What's the good word on this front? Who is up for the challenge?

The latest Stern code releases aren't working in PBB at the moment, oga83 has found the fix but is waiting to finish spike 2 video replacement (!) before rolling out the update.

#3659 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Appreciate the update. Does your response mean that once the fix has been applied to PBB, then folks are planning to develop a killer audio mix for the community? If so, then that would be much appreciated!!

I was just tweaking what Delt31 had put out, there was a lot of clipping samples and generally fuzzy sounds that I cleaned up for my own use. I don't want to step on their toes with this project so I'll probably collaborate at some point. I do have a good BM66 mod and a bizarre Die Antwoord package for Metallica if anyone is interested.

1 week later
#3777 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Does Judge Dredd Supergame count?

That was my nostalgic thought of it <3

#3816 4 years ago

So with all this talk of distortion I noticed last night that my game suddenly seems to have a slight delay between the two back box speakers making everything echo quite a bit. I haven't done anything to the machine in a few weeks and even that was just a light pf cleaning. I figured it could wait until later today to see if it does it again.

#3819 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Quick question, at what pitch are your JPs set up? Also the control room return should the ball hit the tip of the left flipper or the center?
I have mine at about 6,5° and leveled nicely but the control room return barely makes the tip of the left flipper.

7.0 pitch is recommended by the designer, I had wild feeds out from the "C" shot as well so I just adjusted the metal rail down a bit so that it would feed the left flipper consistently.

2 weeks later
#4015 4 years ago

I'm guessing the big skill shot is to heli and control room after the first three.

3 months later
#5125 3 years ago

Here's a link to what I did for my T-Rex ramp to fix it, mine wasn't registering the exit opto on fast shots because of a bad alignment.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/68#post-5334805

#5126 3 years ago

Here's a link to what I did for my T-Rex ramp to fix it, mine wasn't registering the exit opto on fast shots because of bad alignment.

#5224 3 years ago

I'm kind of surprised they didn't do something animatronic, my dream topper would be an animated dilophosaurus that opens its "umbrella" at you.

1 month later
#5796 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

That's a very cool mod but I have this aversion to putting 3d printed stuff in my games. I think the print line texture ruins things. I'd love it if they made a higher quality version, maybe SLS printed by shapeways.

I don't think anyone would like the price point if the whole thing was SLS printed.

2 weeks later
#6138 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Having issues with powered external subwoofer.
Polk PSW10. Had it shared with my Star Trek Prem and Iron Maiden no issues. sub would buzz if only 1 pin was on otherwise fine.
Sold Star Trek and hooked up my JP Pro.
JP speakers buzz sub and IMDN are quiet.
Any ideas. maybe ground loop?

I would install an on/on switch to the speaker wires at the split in order to switch back and forth.

1 week later
#6210 3 years ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

I am having trouble with starting Escape Nublar at game start. I have tried the holding in both flippers and it does not seem to work on my Pro. Nothing happens. Anyone else have this issue or know of the solution? The only way I can get it to start is going into the game settings and change Standard Adjustment #47 Game Mode On Start to Challenge.

Are you on 1.02 code?

#6237 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

This was before I had put in the orange spring. My game shipped with green.

Did anyone get a game that shipped with the proper spring? The three games I've seen all shipped with green instead of orange.

3 years later
#19666 6 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

On my JP30, my ball frequently gets stuck nestled against the left edge of this gate. It sticks out into the orbit a fair bit — is this the right angle?
When it gets stuck here I have to nudge so hard it tilts, every time. I guess I’m wondering if should be adjusting (bending) that gate wire.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I bent mine down at the top corner, just make sure to brace the opposite side so you don't put much strain on the bracket/mount.

#19762 6 months ago

Looks like a misformed screw, I bet they tossed it in the cab during assembly when they saw it was bad instead of throwing it away.

#19837 6 months ago

If my tower had these issues, I would counter sink the metal ramp holes. It would need a small flat head screw (#6?) to lay flush, and I would fill the original wood holes to accommodate the smaller threads.

The ramp thickness is probably 16 gauge, (~0.065") so find a flat head with something near that head height and the right head angle for your counter sink bit.

The first example I saw was a #6 with a 0.083" head height, I think even that would work if you drove the countersink a little deeper. The risk of going too deep is a problem, so take little bites and test the fit as you go.

1 week later
#19993 5 months ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

anyone know why my raptor looks like he is laying down? or his leg is broken?
[quoted image][quoted image]

On my game, the nut on the hip pivot was too tight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 16.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jahkub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=jahkub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.