(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4,097 posts
  • 472 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 minutes ago by wheels
  • Topic is favorited by 228 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 746 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0162 (resized).JPG
DSC_0164 (resized).JPG
DSC_0167 (resized).JPG
20200222_132814 (resized).jpg
20200222_133140 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200221_124912 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200221_221032 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200221_215739 (resized).jpg
JP2.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20200112_090606 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191113_005418 (resized).jpg
IMG_1133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1123 (resized).jpeg
DB3D94E2-49CE-47E4-AE0B-C338EFB70062 (resized).jpeg
8FD1BC41-FDF1-4377-908B-C2856C713B51 (resized).jpeg
47952235-A797-4383-AB8B-82D7DD7644D6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (6 months ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (6 months ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (6 months ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (6 months ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (6 months ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 months ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (82 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j-freeze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 6 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

I recieved some powder coat swatches in the mail today along with a sample of green edge trim. I took a couple different angles to try and catch the metallic in them. What color you all like?[quoted image][quoted image]

One of the top 2 for sure, can't decide which one matches the molding better though.

The bottom one is cool and might be my favorite of the 4 but I wouldn't put green molding on with that one.

1 month later
#1962 4 months ago

I like titan for regular rubbers but the post sleeves don't hold up very well.
Get cliffy post sleeves, and titan rings.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=common/home

https://www.passionforpinball.com/colorsleeves.htm

#2000 4 months ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

The new JP takes the Stern Slim posts. Cliffy only makes the standard post which are too thick. We have a new design for the Stern Slim post that should solve this issue AND they are tapered to reduce airballs. Some colors are available now and the rest should be here next week.

Excellent! Cant wait to try them out!

2 weeks later
#2272 4 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If you actually put time on SWpre/LE, think you’d feel differently about that. AFM is a great location game, which is what it was made for, but lastability is most important imo, for the home.
SWpre/LE, has lastability in spades and once you understand the game, it has so much going on and so many cool toys, it is way underrated, by those that don’t own one or have many games on it. SWpre/LE is a perfect example of how the top 100 is so far off base and is a farce.

It really is a fantastic game.

#2288 4 months ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

It's here[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Mines not here yet, might have to come play yours!

#2319 4 months ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

Anybody try switching the warm leds to cool leds, to light up the play field a bit? Thoughts / pics?

I'll be doing comet sunlight in mine.

#2321 4 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ill be checking mine, I think Ill be doing fluted domes, Warm, or cool, but I have some Sunlight left too.[quoted image]

Oooo the fluted would look sweet too!

#2334 4 months ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Has anyone installed Pinstadiums on their JP yet?

Post #2266 looks like he has them on there.

#2463 3 months ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So pro's have problems, premiums have problems and LE's are ok?

What premium problems?

1 week later
#2605 3 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

This is what a distributor wrote in an ad for Elvira HOH premium:
"I expect the allocations to get cut as they did on the Jurassic Premiums so the sooner the better on this one."
Anyone know what they're talking about? Are they making fewer premiums of JP than planned, or is this person just trying to literally scare up business? I wanted to pick up a NIB JP premium sometime next year, was under the impression I had plenty of time.

They just didn't give distributors as many premiums (lowered the allotment) as they were going to on the first run due to rushing Elvira onto the line and cutting JP premium production to do so.
Probably going to do the same thing to Elvira to catch up JP premiums.
Anyway they are back on the line now, you have plenty of time.

1 week later
#2696 3 months ago

The Pterodactyl has landed!!

20191114_160830 (resized).jpg20191114_160838 (resized).jpg20191114_171102 (resized).jpg
#2700 3 months ago

Boom!

20191114_175215 (resized).jpg
#2704 3 months ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Is the width of the DE translite the same as the Stern?

If not the exact same width, very close.
I measured without pulling them out but they are almost the exact same width including trim, probably within a 1/16".

#2723 3 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

thanks. I wasn't sure if I needed a full blown "protector" or if mylar was sufficient. I didnt' want to damage it but in a home setting may be overkill.

You can also turn down the ball eject power, that will save a lot of wear on the shooter lane.

#2731 3 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Just a hair over 27 - 3/4" on mine.

Same

#2737 3 months ago

Another set of good looking art blades for JP

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-jurassic-park-pinblades

46e848d0dd54c20a6ab535c008854aab13b1227d (resized).png
#2775 3 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hey guys.
I've been having problems with my Premium. On almost every game at some point a high speed left orbit shot from the upper flipper isn't registering. Both rollover switches and both optos are working correctly in switch test. My guess is that the left rollover isn't being fully depressed due to the ball speed, or maybe the ball isn't completely flat on the playfield. If it's getting a little airborn it may not be depressing the switch all the way.
I'm just wondering if any of you are seeing this too?
Thanks
Nick

I have been having the same issue.

#2884 89 days ago

I think it's been mentioned before but has anyone had problems with the ball hanging up behind the spinner gate where the gate meets the guide?
Any fix for this?

#2889 89 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

(I'm at 7.0 degrees by the way and this was still happening)
Pull up on the fence that holds the gate slightly to where the end is slightly above the ball guide, it will provide more clearance for the ball to pass under the gate like it's supposed to on the corner of that lift gate if it didn't have enough speed to make it to the pops... Mine came pressed down from the factory slightly and was hanging up there too... Some of the promo pics from Stern have the bridge/ fence for the gate higher than mine was set... Fixed the problem in 2 seconds, you can experiment and bend it slightly so the ball just dribbles back through the spinner lane
[quoted image]

This looks like the fix!
Will have to play test (boo hoo)
Lifted it just a little and now the ball can open the gate without sitting on it and come back down the spinner lane.

#2954 87 days ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Newish member loving the game (JP Prem) and I thought I'd ask for some guidance.
Two minor issues.
T Rex sometimes doesn't get the ball on clean shots. Searched this thread and didn't see any solutions but maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing. Anyone else have this issue? It's maybe 15-20 percent of the time.
2nd, does anyone have any idea where this came from (photo below)?
While in multiball I caught a glimpse of it sliding down the center of the playfield and instantly stopped playing. Looked for ever and I don't see an obvious spot it came from. There are two of these flanking the raptor figure but both are attached so it's not those. Any ideas?[quoted image]

Isn't there one of those on the raptor hip also?

#2981 85 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

This is a confusing area for me, it's a one way gate...BUT it is an angled one way gate, Yancy posted on this a couple pages back and involved bending and cutting...I'm not sure 100% but I think the intention of the angle to the gate is to allow that ball to come back down the spinner lane and not get hung up on that corner...What other reason would they have for angling it like that if not to allow the very remote chance of letting what would be a stuck ball come back through...My solution has been to pull up slightly on the fence which just allows the ball to lift the gate and not get hung up..it's such a rarity though...99.9 % of the time the gate functions like it should, to stop weak right orbit shots or flow back down the spinner lane...anyone else care to chime in?

You are correct, it still functions like it should.
The ONLY time a ball comes back down the spinner lane is when it is a ball that otherwise would've gotten stuck there, it works the way it should at all other times.

#2986 85 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That's just it though, I'm not altering anything..Just a slight pull on the fence to correctly match what the design angle is on the model pics and vids from Stern ...it still performs like I said 99.9 % of the time as a one way gate...The ONLY time is when a ball would slow roll and park itself right on that corner..it's so rare I've only had it happen like 3 times in 1000 games, but it has happened...so matching the Stern positioning of that fence does allow the ball to unhang itself naturally, when it does come down that lane, it is a gentle left flipper return

Exactly.

I barely had to bend it upwards maybe a 1/16".

#3004 83 days ago

At this point just keep them separate.
This one is better.
The other thread is just a lot of spam posting.
I'm actually all for having a prem/LE issues type thread but that thread gets ridiculous sometimes, let them have it.

#3031 82 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I played a JP Pro for the first time this weekend, 25 cents for 3 balls if you can believe that. What a fun game, it actually lets you play with crazy drains so the ball times were quite long. Pops were fun with plenty of action and man for a Pro this game has lots to shoot for, really a great layout in my opinion, animations and call outs are top notch and the pf and cabinet art are beautiful . It could use a tad bit more pf lighting but all in all a very fun experience. I wound up putting my name up after half a dozen games which was cool. This is one game I'd like to get in the future.

MustangPaul you are welcome to come play my premium anytime!
There are a couple volcanos and maybe some leg light ups in my near future too!

#3049 81 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I like what Keith did with Visitor Center. Anyone know how many shots needed to complete it?
Also, what follows? Is it Museum Madness and then Nublar?

Visitors center starts at the rightmost 2 shots and moves counterclockwise one shot for every one you make, they can also time out and regress a shot, I beat it the other night but I cant remember if you end on the raptor pit or if you have to hit the trex shot after the raptor pit.

Museum mayhem is started by going through all 4 of the "T-REX" modes.

Secure control room is started by going through all 3 of the control room modes.

Nublar after all 3 I think.

#3061 81 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So, just starting the modes, or completing them?

Just starting them but completing modes and getting fossils adds to the big bonus you get when you start visitors center.

#3082 79 days ago

Finally get to beat O J the bonus champ! The Juice is loose!
Glad they added all the other champions, was wondering why there were so few on JP when Maiden had a bunch, I like having a lot to shoot for.
Another great update!

1 week later
#3204 67 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

But , perhaps that is what is intended?

I think it is.
Otherwise the only way into the pops would be the smart missle shot, or a sad orbit shot.

#3266 63 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

SO, since the new .96 code, my scores have decreased on the average it seems. What's everyones new highest scores on the newest .96 code??Currently I'm having trouble breaking into the 300 million. Had a few high 200's.

Hmm I thought it was because I put these super bouncy titan rubbers on, only a couple 1 billion games since, I put them on the same day as the update but I still think the rubbers are the main reason.
Going back to super bands or perfect plays at least for flippers.

I always change out rubbers because I dont like all the crap the black ones leave but I'm still getting bad ball trails even after changing rubbers, balls, regular waxing, and cleaning all the time.

#3270 63 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Out of curiosity, did you replace all the black rubbers? Including the post sleeves? I did, and put nice shiny ninja balls in, and I've had zero ball trail or gunk issues since. I hate the black post sleeves especially.

Yep, all rubbers.

#3334 58 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

So what's the general consensus on Premium vs Pro now that this game has been out a while? I think I'm ready to pull the trigger, leaning more towards a premium at this point, pretty much only for the trex mech

Premium is great, art is better, raptor pit is way better, my TRex has been fine and adds a big moment to the game.

#3337 58 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What are the scoring differences between Pro and Premium? I thought I read something about 2x raptor jackpots that aren't on the Pro? Do the helicopter spinner blades add any scoring or strategy?

During raptor MB you can lock a ball in the raptor pit behind the uppost for 2x scoring and I think every hit of that captive ball adds time to the 2x scoring.

#3415 53 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It's a bad design on that corner... I pulled up on the fence just enough to allow the ball to lift the gate only when it's sitting on that corner on a super slow roll... Which is almost never... Only happened for me about 5 in 2000 games. But still annoying... Anytime else it will go to the pops or orbits... Just pull up so the edge of the fence holding the gate is just above the ball guide... You can test it with the glass off putting a ball on that corner repeatedly and just pull up enough to allow the ball to trickle under... Simple fix and it matches the height of the fence on the stern demo videos... If you bend it towards the flippers, you probably are going to jam the gate on the plastics near the hinge and risk sticking the gate in the up position
[quoted image]

This right here.
Like Foofighter said less than a handful of times has it ever had to come back through but it has not gotten stuck a single time since I did this.

#3440 51 days ago
Quoted from flipper73:

so it seems that there is no reason why these two spots are bigger than the others...

Super Predators, and they have a couple of the biggest perks when captured.

#3449 50 days ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

What part of the gate structure do you grab (with narrow pliers?) and pull up on to avoid damage?

No need for pliers. Just pull up on it on the left side (not the wire gate itself but the supporting structure) probably only have to pull it up 1/16".

#3473 46 days ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im a dumb audiophile. The Sound updates look great, along with everything else!
Im hoping someone with an external sub, and pinsound board can share their settings.

Samesies minus pinsound.

Excited for this update!

#3499 45 days ago
Quoted from Coz:

Ive got a really weak upper right flipper. What do you recommend for a rebuild? Is there a kit with all the parts? Also, are there kits to keep on hand for backup? Looking for recommendations

Just need a new coil stop. Replace all 3 while your at it.

#3532 43 days ago

Mine do exactly what you are saying.
If you skip the animation they don't light up right away (only on the first paddock). I usually just shoot for the spinner or right ramp. I dont think it's a "bug" though.

Quoted from jalpert:

Is it a bug or not that when you go to start your first paddock the rescue shots you need don’t immediately light? Impatient people like me have to wait otherwise there isn’t any way to know which shot needs to be hit so you can’t double flip to start.

#3613 37 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

I've never looked at my shaker personally, but I did read somewhere, that its manually adjustable. I believe it said that essentially there's a weight on the spinning shaft that causes the shaking. And, that by loosening a set screw and sliding the weight inwards or outwards on the shaft would raise or lower the intensity. Something like that. I remember it sounded pretty simple.

Yes. Loosen allen head set screw and turn one weight.

Weights parallel with each other = most vibration
Weights 90° = medium
Weights opposite (180°) = least

1 week later
#3699 28 days ago

Always get rid of that black rubber on every game!
I did titans on my JP2 and didn't like them, the slim tapered post sleeves are ok but they dont hold up, I put the regular slims on my Iron Maiden and the were beat up in under 100 games.
Put the the tapered ones on JP and I've had to turn all of them to a fresh side because even after cleaning them they are chewed up, it'll be cliffy for me next.
As far as the rest of the rubbers go, too bouncy for me on this game especially the flipper rubbers, the ball would bounce all over the place and I wouldn't even get a swing at it for long periods of time.
Swapped the flippers for perfect plays and it was much better, put superbands on tonight and now it's amazing. I can only describe it as "predictable"
I've had titans on my Dialed in, IM and GOTG and never really had an issue with them (superbands for flippers on GOTG but everything else titan) but for whatever reason I hated them immediately on JP, felt like I had zero control.
Got some perfect play rubbers to put on and see if there is a difference besides the flipper rubber but the flipper rubber alone made a HUGE difference.
If it wasn't for all the crud from the factory rubbers I would leave them on as they play great IMO but I keep my games clean and that's just too much maintenance with those.

#3700 28 days ago

I should also add that the rest of Titans rubbers do seem to last longer than any any others, just the post sleeves that wear out quick but their slings and other rubbers are solid.

#3709 28 days ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Local Jeep dealer has a JP themed Gladiator that looks straight off the pin. George Gomez was onto something...LOL[quoted image]

That thing is sweet!
Now if I only had an extra 60k laying around...

#3721 26 days ago

Superbands are where it's at.

3 weeks later
#4016 3 days ago

For a skill shot I hit: Trex, right ramp, tower, and then the "O" shot and good things happened.
(First try too!)

#4071 22 hours ago
Quoted from Andy1:

I played this game for the first time!
loved it!!
I,m in, I,ve never bought a new machine, Pro, prem or Le ???

Premium, no diggity. No doubt.

#4075 21 hours ago

Escape nublar is cool but I could do without the flickering GI...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Top-Notch Target Shields
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j-freeze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside