(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,280 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 minutes ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2375 4 years ago

Notcied the right side captive ball doesn't touch all the time, with light hits.
The left side doesn't ever have an issue.
it eventually gets there with table vibrations or if you shake it a little.

The incline was at 6.6, so I increased it to 7, seems to come down a little easier. (might be my imagination)
the truck is gapped.
The ball isn't dragging on the playfield
The playfield is level + or - .05 at the flippers and near the truck
I even swapped the bearing washer from the helicopter one to see if that made a difference, but no.

not a big deal, but if anyone has any ideas. I've never played another JP before, so I'm not sure if this is a thing or not.

#2382 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Doesn't look like an angle issue to me. Check for a loose piece of debris or something that would keep the truck from spinning smoothly. It wants to go down, but something (looks like friction) is stopping it.

Think you just gave me an idea.

#2388 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Doesn't look like an angle issue to me. Check for a loose piece of debris or something that would keep the truck from spinning smoothly. It wants to go down, but something (looks like friction) is stopping it.

well, I just replaced the bushing with another one and now it works great..... Looked at it closely and didn't see anything wrong with it so IDK. maybe it wasn't even?

#2398 4 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

I just fixed this exact issue yesterday. First, check the play on the truck by checking the up/down motion. If there's barely any, or more than say 1/8" roughly, raise the playfield.
There is a plastic sensor piece that can can touch the metal "fan" attached to the truck post causing this issue. Spin that truck and see if it rubs, if so, loosen the hex bolt and adjust up or down as needed.

there was plenty of play, that was the first thing I checked and double checked. Then made sure the opto disrupter thing wasn't rubbing on the bottom in the down position.
finally took it apart and tried another bushing, seemed to work. I tried the old bushing again and the same thing happened. Not real sure if its a height difference or something weird with that bushing, but its good now so I'm happy.

#2420 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

because it looked awful.

That's probably the biggest downfall when installing them on newer games. They look all hazy or mottled.
I installed one on my MMR after a year or so... Think the protector might have 8 or 9 thousand plays on it by now.
My guardians is coming close to 10k plays and it still looks fine to me.
I replaced one on my star trek after about 5k plays because the magnet area got destroyed. After that I started cutting out the magnet holes one games with small magnets. The playfield underneath still looked brand new though, no scratches dents or dings.

2 months later
#3466 4 years ago

anyone else's bill acceptor stop working after the .96 update?

#3486 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Mine still works

ok, well I was hoping for an easy out.... been to busy lately to deal with the small things. Guess I'll dig into it this week.
Appreciate it.

2 months later
#4392 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Not my overall best game, but did include a Trex MB Super Jackpot of nearly 200mil, plus Visitor Centre.
Best watched on tablet or phone, there's some other videos including IMdn, GotG & AS on my channel.

damn, you got more points on that trex multiball then I have totaled on my best game.
so you have to shoot the red shots with a multiplyer to get a super that big, is there anything else I'm missing?
The only multiball I can actually get descent scores at is raptor.

#4409 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

You build the base jackpot for the MB by hitting all/some of the lit shots. I've had the base up to 7mil.
Then when mb starts, hitting the jackpots in order (lit red and starting from the left) doubles the base. So first up 7, then 14, 28, 56 & 112. The Super is the sum of all of the jackpots you lit - in this case that would be 217. (Mine was 191mil).
If you hit a shot out of order, you lose the chance of dou ling up the shots until you have collected the super, then it all starts again.
I did think that the next super would be the sum of ALL the jps you'd hit (which is why my commentary got a little excitable as I hit my second super) but that's not the case.
A friends son has had a Trex MB over 800mil.
There are lots of good scoring opportunities throughout the game.
All of the Control Room modes can produce over 100mil.
The Trex modes can as well, but Rampage can be massive as the mode doesn't stop once you've earned the fossil. My best is 660mil, and I drained before time ran out.
Collecting all of the rescues from a paddock also gives you a perfect paddock bonus which increases as you go along.
I've had a pteranodon attack over 350mil.
Visitors Centre and Museum Mayhem are easier to get to than Secure Control Room, and all 3 have great potential.
Add in Invalid Frenzy, Loop awards, Tower awards, DNA combos, 2x playfield, Escape Nublar and When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth and it is far and away the best game released in 2019 (if not ever) and worthy of all of the Twipy award it received

Definitely a lot I wasn't aware of, or haven't dug into yet.
Appreciate the insight, a lot more of the game makes sense now.

#4431 4 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

I am having an issue with the ball jumping as it transfers from the right inlane to the right flipper. I have posted a very short slo motion video of the issue here:

This is my first pin and I'm learning about setup. This jump leads to inconsistent shots from right flipper. The left flipper transfers smoothly but the right is very different and i dont think it is designed to be like that.
thanks for any help
mark

Yeah, flipper hop is pretty common and really annoying.
I've gone as far as reaming out the lane guide screw hole and moving the T-nut on a system-9 I have. When pushing up the guide itself didn't work. It was crazy how bad the alignment was on that game.

alternatively Cliffy makes some lane guides to combat this issue as well. I recently got some for my demolition man.

#4484 4 years ago

Do u get the nerdy award champion only by draining out the right outlane a whole bunch?
is it possible to get 12 million?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 12,999.99
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

13,200 (OBO)
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=hocuslocus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.