(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't like it at all...it's grasping to be elitist in a situation were everyone is laughably elitist.

Kinda but its has its merits aswell. I don't want to sift through multiple posts about problems with the ole mechanical bull there when I don't have that problem or to listen to how if you don't have the LE/Pre ur missing out etc. I'd rather not listen to it.

#74 4 years ago

Really like the first one without the freeplay of course.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I can upload without it too if you want. Just messing around with different pictures online, not putting too much effort considering paint isn’t a very good medium to do these

I would love these 2 without freeplay. Thanks very much they look great.
0357a16903ff48d6c4a84a0a1643883b573ad346 (resized).jpg0357a16903ff48d6c4a84a0a1643883b573ad346 (resized).jpg96d34ef19cafbe5947d037159983508432947056 (resized).jpg96d34ef19cafbe5947d037159983508432947056 (resized).jpg

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Let's get some Pro cards!

Already got em

0ba27fc78c80e66d5843f97063f2aa7ff2632d7e (resized).jpeg0ba27fc78c80e66d5843f97063f2aa7ff2632d7e (resized).jpega556c70276d1aa197b39aa9c7b578df742009bc5 (resized).jpga556c70276d1aa197b39aa9c7b578df742009bc5 (resized).jpg
#132 4 years ago

There in and I might have my Pro tomorow. Oh yeah.

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I really like Maiden so I would not trade it.

Unless ur done with Maiden ofcourse. I recently got to Battle the Beast and after many close calls its feeling like chooping wood a little so as much as I've enjoyed the game time to go but JP2 will be here Friday and with the right mix of chemicals that should be a great night.

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

True. Some games certainly have more lastability though. If I get tired of a game, but I am on the fence about it...i just play my other games and see if I miss it. If not...it leaves.

Give it enough time and its easy to fall back in love with it. That will ceratinly happen with Maiden and theres no way I won't own it again. But probably a Pro next time around.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You'll buy one again
Pro is still more than great btw

100% and it will be a Pro.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Am I crazy to go JP DE and Stern PRO instead of just Stern prem?

Yes u are and theres nothing wrong with that. "some people never go crazy, what truly boring lives they must lead" Barfly 1987
barflyrev (resized).jpgbarflyrev (resized).jpg

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Any make it up to Canada yet?

Yep I have one they were in last week, early last week.

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Have any LEs shipped?

Wizards Castle, man I loved that place. Cloverdale Mall early day when you should be in school, Hash bots and good times.

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can't complain about having two JPs but for folks to defend Stern's obvious cash savings and spinning it - just stop.

Whatever the reason I'm glad they don't have faces of the actors all over, I wish Newman was left out as well. His little comments seemed forced. Trying to get into the theme is proving more difficult than I had thought so its looking like I'm gonna enjoy this for a short while then move on, or maybe its gonna grow on me. Its certainly not having the impact that Maiden or BK3 did right away.

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Just got my game this morning. Washers on the posts, flipper post is tight, raptor gate is fine, no clear issues. They added a color instruction card I was surprised to see.

Same but that flipper post will losen so enough, what I'm noticing is that unless I realy hit the right flipper button full torque the upper flipper will either not activate at all or be very weak. Is that just a leaf spring adj?

#553 4 years ago

Well it only took 48hrs and about a dozen plays to now finding this game amazing. I had posted on thur I think out of the box it wasn't having a positive impact on me due to gameplay and theme but wow after a a couple good games both gameplay and theme are really great. I think by the time Keith is finished with code this thing will be quite something, it already is so can only get better.

#554 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How did someone at Stern listen to these lines and go yes.... We f**kin nailed it!

I've been asking myself that with almost every pinball I've ever played. I'm looking forward to some alternative options as well, for now thank sweet innocent baby Jesus for the speech attenuation option. Maiden has been the only games in many years that didn't require that adj.

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody having issues with the manual and auto plunge barely ever making the ramp? Seems like the holes for the shooter lane ramp were drilled too high and left but didn't know if there was another known cause / fix.

I find as long as I go full torque on the plunger it never misses. Could be ur style

Screen-Shot-2016-08-15-at-10.16.41-AM (resized).jpgScreen-Shot-2016-08-15-at-10.16.41-AM (resized).jpg
#576 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

To be fair to Stern, being brain dead on audio has to go to JJP and Wonka with the worst call outs ever (non movie of course)

I agree, and there's plenty out there that rival even Wonka.

#579 4 years ago

I know this will seem crazy to many of you but I much prefer the look of this pin without those sling plastics.

DSC04405 (resized).JPGDSC04405 (resized).JPGDSC04406 (resized).JPGDSC04406 (resized).JPGDSC04407 (resized).JPGDSC04407 (resized).JPG
#598 4 years ago
Quoted from DrZhivago:

After a few days of ownership..

How many plays if u don't mind me asking?

#615 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

JJP support has been great, sending replacement parts overnight, etc.

I think both companies have been pretty good when it comes to mechanical issues, its this playfield business thats causing the problem. I've never had an issue, probably due to the fact that I play around 300 to 500 times then sell and buy something new, I'm sure there are many cases with much less in terms of plays with issues but personally I've been lucky. My JP2 is perfect. If Stern and JJP don't address the consumers with problems its going to take a toll. Time will tell.

#624 4 years ago

JJP

"build quality"

#627 4 years ago

new code installed and damn is this pin great.

#638 4 years ago

What a lovely picture. I think I'm gonna save that image, just for posterity, whatever the word means.

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

the bands tuck under the balls.

Well where else? Thats where I put my bands.

#704 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a good question and my ASSumption is it's true. I keep hearing people say they/people are losing a grand on a game resale; which is more than I have ever "lost" on a pro.

Yeah, for me it seems to be a grand on a Pre and about 800 on the Pro if you want to move it fast and it has low plays (300) so the difference is quite small and relative to the price increase. Usually when I'm done with a game it becomes "I just want it gone" rather than I'll hold out for top dollar so sometimes I take even more of a hit but so what. A c note a month for a year to get a NIB box pin, play it at home and the thrill of it all. Less than a movie a week. Oh yeah JP2 is amazing, the new code while still young has really made the game alot better. Also I have noticed a little pooling around the washer of one of the slings and a small chip at the 3rd flipper post. I tighten the shit out of it yesterday so maybe that did it, who knows. I wouldn't have noticed either defects if not for all the complaints and thusly a detailed examination, for me personally I don't care but I know alot of u are holding off buying because of it so letting u know.

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

guinea pig pro

Hey Cock I gotta tell ya the "guinea pig pro" crap is weak, Last week.

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Am I the only one who thinks the playfield is in serious need of additional lighting? Not tacky colored stuff, just plain clear light to illuminate the center of the field. I am getting old man eyes though, so who knows.

Yes, went with yellow and clear white in the GI added a spot on the right sling. Its fully lit up now. The frosted warm white sucks. Also added some strips to the back ramp and Trex
DSC04405 (resized).JPGDSC04405 (resized).JPG
DSC04406 (resized).JPGDSC04406 (resized).JPG

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

How did you power your spotlight and led strips? Did you tack on to current GI or provide another source?

Onto the GI.

#916 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Old man eyes for sure

Nah its the frosted warm white, only a well known jackass would think those look good.

#921 4 years ago

Black Knight looks pretty good to me. I'll take both, I have both. I think its called a "menage et trois".

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#927 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Black knight is terrible and was a complete failure especially for Stern. That picture illustrates perfectly what's going on. JP is like maiden but a better theme

Maiden is a great theme and BK3 is an amazing pin.

#967 4 years ago

I have that as well where only about half the plunges make the ramp, anyone change the spring yet and if so what color worked the best?
Also I just added some mylar around the post at the 3rd flipper, highly recomend this before it starts to chip, mine has very slightly right where there little hole for flipper alignment is seems to be holding up nicely.
Maiden and this game both have such great and challenging shots, I think Keith is making pins that will challenge even his expert style and I'm all for it. It really makes it much more satisfying when you have a good run.

#1097 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Made a discovery tonight - maybe obvious to others already. Shooting the ramps lights the values under the spinner shot, boosting it.

Didn't notice that but it will be used now to full affect. Thank you

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm just dropping my jaw that you've already gotten there

I'm putting my money on settings and outlane posts. If not then my jaw will drop as well.

#1218 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'd love to hear other people's strategies for playing and getting 500+M scores.

Set up a mode with the chaos multi ready in the wings and work that spinner at max with 2 or 3x PF value and Bobs ur Uncle. Uncle Bob.

UncleBob (resized).jpgUncleBob (resized).jpg
#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

what 'mode' in your view? Control Room? A paddock? a T-rex?

Doesn't matter really, I usually set up the chaos multi then start Control room and hit Smart missle with a good amount of shots made u can reach 300 mil easy.

#1224 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

in multiball, you've got a great chance of bouncing around enough into Supply Drop icon standups to qualify your first Supply Drop, which not only adds a ball, but lights your 2x Scoring standup.

this

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m totally in love with this pin.

Yep. For me its better than Maiden and I love Maiden.

#1436 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m still thinking of pushing out my JM to make room for IMDN.

I'm a big fan of JM but make room for Maiden. Unless u haven't reached power down and if not then I guess you better get to work.

#1460 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

When my premium comes in I plan on never playing it, to avoid the clear coat problems.

Listen its not that bad, it all depends are you a buyer who scans the PF and could find a loose very fine blond girls pube hiding under the slings? if so don't buy right now. For me even if I saw a black fly like coarse Russian girls pube in plain site it wouldn't bother me. I have a small chip by the 3rd flipper post that u can't see from the players perspective, a little piece of mylar fixed it up so it won't progress and I don't care anymore. The game is just too damn fun.

Oh and that was presumptuous of me, "a fine blond persons pube"

#1463 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’m not picky. Just trying to be a funny guy. I had a chip in clearcoat of my GOTG not long after I bought it. Doesn’t effect my gameplay. I never worried about it too much. I didn’t call Stern about it either

Wasn't aimed at you just a general observation. We all know the levels of nit picking that exist in this hobby. One of the main reasons I don't really deal with older used pins anymore, its was a major drag to deal with some jackass bringing up every little issue trying to get a deal. I do understand at these price points you shouldn't have out of the box clear problems or chipping of any kind but I can deal with it within reason. I probably wouldn't even have noticed it at all if not for the threads.

1 week later
#1664 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Please talk me out of this if it’s a bad idea.

I just put a rubber washer under the post washer and my very small chip hasn't increased in size at all. The one in that picture is quite large.

#1701 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Thank you pro model for doing your job!

Hey Cock, Still? its getting old man.

#1725 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

I see inside the cabinet a downfiring speaker I assumed is a subwoofer. Are you saying I should replace that unit or add some thing external?

Its a fine upgrade and all but not really necessary, I play loud and the stock speakers are great. I've never added a speaker upgrade and rarely add shakers, not that they don't enhance gameplay a little but not enough for my taste to be essential. Just enjoy ur pin for a few months before u do anything else. She's a beauty, one of the best I've ever played.

#1734 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

its a bit intense if you ask me. Can that be backed off in software?

U can back off the frequency used but not the intensity unless things have changed since my last shaker a couple years back. Otherwise u need to adjust the arms of the device itself. I usually had to. There should be a thread on how to do that here somewhere, its easy.

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

but I think the stock 255 is too strong for JP.

I think it depends on pitch, I set the back legs pretty high as I enjoy faster gameplay and with the default flipper setting never had an issue. The orange spring on the other hand has worked very well to eliminate rejects on the plunge.

#1820 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I like to play my games in the dark, have lost a few balls on the black out scenes on JP, hope this gets changed in code updates, I can see a change in lighting, but play field should never go totally out

I love that and hope its doesn't change, I play in the dark as well its a great little scare during gameplay.

1 week later
#1942 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

But any color would be less disruptive than that huge white insert. Good luck with it.

That insert isn't super bright like that picture suggests, its fine.

#2062 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

It was so damn fast I saw nothing....I was hitting my flipper buttons, looking at the screen, trying to see where I could select, but it was too quick.

Well we all get old, theres no shame in that.

2 weeks later
#2329 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Anybody try switching the warm leds to cool leds, to light up the play field a bit? Thoughts / pics?

Its way way better. Spot on the right sling and all good.

DSC04413 (resized).JPGDSC04413 (resized).JPGDSC04417 (resized).JPGDSC04417 (resized).JPG
#2339 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The color looks washed out with those cool whites.

Thats cause my pic sucks. It really doesn't. But I like the sun lights too.

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just can't get past how bad that music is and how cheesey it is. I didn't grow up in that time though so it doesn't resonate.

Thats OK Delt I hear there might be an Ink Spots pin in the works, will that resonate better? Actually I'm a big fan of the Ink Spots.

1 week later
#2515 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Most people will never see ACNC in the wild. It's a shame. I'm just trying to let people know how good it really is because the game has gotten unfair press IMO.

Thats great but this is a JP3 thread so whats the point? Start a ACNC appreciation thread and good luck to ya. I think many pinsiders including me have no desire to even play ACNC due to theme alone. Spooky games for me can be fun but they are lacking in comparison to Stern and JJP. Love the game Im happy for ya, actually I don`t care at all but why bring it here

#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

And why are you so upset? Did I hurt your feelings?

Man u right, I'm seething over here. Seems maybe ur upset not too many people like ur little Alice Cooper game. Its ok. Oh and not listening to those AC songs is never a loss, all gain. Good day to u sir.

#2525 4 years ago

Got the Stern post fix on Friday game feels just that much more solid. Greatness.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 12,999.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.