(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,284 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 minutes ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gjm7777.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14285 1 year ago

Hey all, hoping to be in the club soon. I had a quick question on updating code...

I realize I can do this via USB, but can I also instead just pull the SD card and upgrade that with the card image instead?

#14287 1 year ago

Thanks for clarifying,
I'm assuming settings include all custom adjustments, coil strength, HSTD etc?

#14328 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Math is fun. Way to go.
Supply and demand. It’s actually only a small profit what I actually paid for the pair from someone on Pinside. I spent months finding the side armor I own. I have two JP machines. Spent a premium on the two sets for my machines and was lucky enough to find another. I am happy to keep the extra pair. I am also willing to sell for $1000 or I’ll trade for a playfield straight up. Haters gonna hate.

More like haters gonna hate someone who's only been here 5 months already scalping shit and driving up the cost of their hobby.

#14370 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

What is your opinion on JP Pro VS JP Premium?

I'm relatively new to the club myself however my opinion:

Premium has the best art for cabinet and translite
Moving T-Rex head really is cool, and so is the raptor pen and helicopter
Premium has better apron, and overall machine has heavier feel

Both games shoot great though, and check out the movie code no matter which version you opt for.

#14442 1 year ago

Hey All,

So I have a loose post at the upper flipper, it's not terribly loose but it spins. As there is no existing damage I'm wondering:
1. Does this needs to be torqued back down
2. There is a metal washer from the factory where the post meets the playfield up top (Example Pic attached) - Should I also be adding a nylon fender washer?
3. If I do need to add a nylon washer, what size is recommended? I have 7/8 OD on hand (Usually reserved for Sling corner protection) but guessing that is a bit too large.

post (resized).jpgpost (resized).jpg
#14444 1 year ago

Thanks,
It looks like no matter what the ball will hit that metal washer as it is, but i'll look for something smaller like 3/8 OD to make sure it won't interfere with the flipper.

#14448 1 year ago

So after taking in this game, and finally tweaking the game to my liking, I highly recommend the following:

# Left/Tower shot/ramp - Take the left screw out, Mylar to hold down the flap
# Right/Helipad/Shooter lane U ramp - Take both screws out , Mylar to hold down the flap
# Fork of shooter lane - Add a small washer underneath the left screw/fork of the ramp
# Lower all three flipper power to 225
# Level game at 7 Deg

*Of course you can always get the cliffy carbon fiber replacements for these entrances as well.

The consistency of the shots, the manual plunges, auto plunges are all pretty much 100% on a clean shot at this point.
It baffles me that these types of screws were used at these ramp entrances, even if the shots were 100% they would be messing up the balls in no time.

Thanks to all the people posting their tips throughout the thread - it really helped me get this game dialed in and I look forward to finally playing it.

#14455 1 year ago

If you don't know what it is, you can get it here and cut pieces as you like
https://www.pinballlife.com/3-mil-clear-mylar-by-the-foot.html

If you're asking why, it's to hold down the flap to the playfield and transition as the screws holding it down previously are removed now.

#14460 1 year ago

Yep and honestly I really think this approach is worth considering. The screws are so out of place for these tight entrances, the amount of rejects, slowed shots, and ball knicks must be pretty high. I'm surprised they didn't go with counter-sunk holes and flathead screws, so this is the easiest option.

#14479 1 year ago
Quoted from tkur85:

Can you post a picture of the applied mylar? Thank you

Best I can get at the moment but literally it’s just enough to hold the fork of the flap down.

226B98E6-8F8B-4F5D-AA67-AFB00BAF318C (resized).jpeg226B98E6-8F8B-4F5D-AA67-AFB00BAF318C (resized).jpegCB9DDD3D-3F8F-44B4-8B7F-1BEF66426942 (resized).jpegCB9DDD3D-3F8F-44B4-8B7F-1BEF66426942 (resized).jpeg
#14486 1 year ago

The screws are absolutely making contact with the balls, all you need to do is take video and slow it down, or try the fix yourself to see. Look at any older Stern games or Bally Williams ramp flaps to see they are flush for a reason.
I’m all for punishing gameplay, but this is down to screws and not shots. To each their own, but I hope people are changing their balls often.

#14491 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

There must be an assembly or CNC drilling variance. I had a Aug2020 JP prem and the screw hit the ball. I then got a June2021 JP-Premium and the screw does not! It's just a variance in assembly of the flap and ball guides.

Interesting and that aligns with me as my build is July 2020 Premium. Maybe they changed the screw type or the drilling as you say.

#14497 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I get the human error part but I've been working on games for 25 years and never seen this issue on any BLY/WMS or Stern games. I cannot imaging Keith designed the entrance to have this clearance issue as a possibility even during manufacture. That said it is close and strange why they used these dome head type screws here instead of flush screws. I will dig out my stash of ramp screws from the cabinet and try those to see if they work as an option for others.

Just be careful as the holes aren't counter-sunk - you'll be tempted to screw them in flush but they wont go all the way either and could cause damage (unless you find the non-tapered flat head style) someone posted a pic of those in here at some point.

#14505 1 year ago

Nope,
This is also why I took them out at that entrance as well. This combined with the washer fix at the shooter lane fork made the launches and S shot 100% on a clean shot.

91D29613-49F5-48F6-B20F-97B303C5414F (resized).jpeg91D29613-49F5-48F6-B20F-97B303C5414F (resized).jpeg
#14508 1 year ago

I’m happy it helped out man, now I just think about all the people that have been unhappy or thinking the game is too clunky…
To be fair this wasn’t my idea either, someone suggested this fix as well buried in this thread, I was just bored enough to go through the whole thing.

#14531 1 year ago

Or just buy the mylar and other fun things from here
https://www.pinballlife.com/3-mil-clear-mylar-by-the-foot.html

#14615 1 year ago

To me it looks like the first problem is hitting the forks (off the left side) which makes it veer to the right (hitting unevenly) and from there bouncing the way it does back to the left to missing the ramp flaps.

I would ensure the following

1. Make sure both forks are 100% level with the playfield - you may need to use washers under the screws to do this, or tighten them down further.
2. Check your auto-plunge strength and lower it down some in settings
3. If it gets better but still has issues further down - take a look at the screws on the ramp flap above the S shot - I've removed mine and use mylar to hold that flap down which this and the above steps gives me near 100% on all launches, auto-launches, and cleanly hit S shots.

#14618 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

My ball keeps getting stuck behind the ramp that is next to pop bumpers. How do you guys fix this?

A picture would be good to see the location.
First thing that comes to mind - is your game actually level and at a 6.5 degree pitch or higher? Did you use your phone and an app or are you going off the faulty level bubble that ships on these games?

#14621 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

This was happening to me occasionally as well. After reading the above I went and checked. Sure enough mine was not 6.5 plus. Bubble was near the bottom line. Digital level between the flippers registered 6.2. Raised the back legs about 9 turns each and now is reading 6.5. I placed a ball behind that ramp in a few positions and it rolls right over to the right as intended.
Bonus: Game plays better!

Just wait until you try it at 7!

1 month later
#14917 1 year ago

I’ve heard 1.06 can cause issues resetting or hanging if you don’t have insider connected. Try the 1.05 code on a separate SD card.

#14928 1 year ago
Quoted from Carl71:

Do you know where I can get 1. 05 apart from emailing Stern? Is there a 1. 05 or was 1. 03 the one before? Thanks

Sorry I don't. I tried to edit the existing 1.06 SD card image link to 1.05 but that didnt work either - hopefully someone else in the thread here who's had the game for a while might have saved it when that code came out in Nov 2021.

I would also try the following though if you haven't

Check all your connections, both in the backbox and under the playfield - especially the node boards.
Get a new SD card (good brand like sandisk) and download the SD card image for 1.06 again and apply it, Insert that one (idea here is that existing card might just be a dud)

2 months later
#15501 1 year ago

I just heated the wire on the stovetop burner with a pair of pliers and jammed it in his rump (poor guy)
On the other side I bent the wire (after cutting to length) in a U shape. loosened that screw on the ramp and placed the wire under the washer and re-tightened. I adjusted/bent the wire to personal placement taste to get the dino exactly where I wanted him. I do like the thinner wire as well, it makes him bounce around a bit, almost like he's flying. Really cool and cheap idea for a mod and it looks like it came with the game.

1 month later
#15945 1 year ago
Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Hey guys I’m a bit late to the party it seems but I finally pre-ordered a JP premium today! It’s my 2nd pin. Should be great next to my Godzilla premium. I’m looking for accessories. I’ve found/bought what I was looking for EXCEPT the side armor. Does everywhere I look I see they’re sold out. Anyone know where I could find one? Or will they make more? Ohhh and I know they’ll make more too but shaker motors too. I want the stern brand. I bought an off-brand for my Godzilla and after 2 games I immediately ripped it out. If anyone knows where I can find either please let me know! Thanks!

The lit amber shooter rod is arguably the best mod, it really fits with the whole movie and game.

6 months later
#17545 8 months ago

The waiting is substantially decreased by hitting both flippers when paddock modes start, not sure what version of the code this was introduced but it’s a non issue.
I’ll have to test the trex multiball but I’m pretty sure it’s the same thing, hit both flippers and the multiball will start with the additional balls even while he’s munching. If anything it makes it more interesting.

#17550 8 months ago
Quoted from roar:

You're going to pay $6K MORE for a game and then skip the supposed best part of the game? That doesn't seem to make any sense at all to me, if you're into this animated dinosaur why skip watching it? You don't have to answer that .

No I have a premium and would never buy an LE for any pin, just saying the whole waiting for the ball is overblown.
Plus it’s not like you can’t still play and see the T. rex moving around.
You want to talk about shit that’s overpriced that you can’t see while playing, it’s $2000 toppers.

#17927 8 months ago

I’d like to install the latest code but wanted to validate it shouldn’t cause issue.

2020 premium build
Currently on 1.08
No insider connected hardware

With this setup i am able to swap back to movie code 1.05 without issue.

Hoping I can go to 1.10 and still revert back to movie 1.05 and not brick anything.

Anyone else able to do this?

Should I even bother upgrading if I don’t have insider connected? Will those code fixes callouts, nerdy saves even work ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 16.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gjm7777.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=gjm7777 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.