(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,290 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 minutes ago by TORQUENDB
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gamerrick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2020 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

No, it does not. For sure.

Actually it depends on the particular pin and how far your code updates have gone. For instance on Deadpool they always erased for the first three or four updates until they finally wrote that feature into the code. Most new Sterns now have that after level 1.0 but it’s not universally the same.

#2021 4 years ago

Duplicate

1 week later
#2208 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Truth be told, it’s far more likely that my wife will get there first and ruin it for me!

That sounds about right. Kids also. I have eight pins and my ten year old son has the grand champion on six. Bugs the crap out of me.

#2215 4 years ago

Well, maybe not beefier, but stern says it's a different material, and it seems to be bent a bit different.. [quoted image]

So it this a part we all need or was this changed at the factory?

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I like just the lock down bar. All the other stuff not too much...

Yeah kind of a nice effort poor execution situation. I like what they were trying to do, just don’t like how they did it. I think it’s too loud on the eyes and draws the eye away from the playfield too much. Shame too because that cost some bank to do.

#2263 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I just noticed JPII is number 3 on the top 100 list.

Guaranteed it doesn’t stay there. They’ll be a bunch of 3.0 ratings from people who’ve never played it.

#2294 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I thought LEs were sold out

LEs still available at Automated Services.

#2337 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thanks for all the opinions. I'd like to make everything a little brighter IMO. It looks a little dark compared to my other machines[quoted image]

Use pinstadiums! I love them. Then you wouldn’t need to change any playfield lights and you can change from cool white to sunlight to whatever white range has.

1 week later
#2483 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I had to return a shaker cause it was too powerful .. stern was really quick about it

It’s not the shaker it’s the code that determines how much shake there is. Also you can control the intensity settings, there are three levels I believe.

#2484 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

My premium is 10/22 build date. All 4 up posts have varying degrees of defects. There's a chip and missing paint on left in lane. Poor quality control. It should not have left the factory like this. Problems have been reported to Stern through my distributor. The issues are definitely not a thing of the past. I'll report back when we come to a final resolution but I want people to be aware that things have changed but problems still exist.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like that’s just how they were drilled. Yours is just worse. I just got mine and none of the pop up holes are perfectly round as typical and there are small nicks in two of them already. I’m just going to put Mylar down around them and I think that will keep it from getting any worse.

1 week later
#2633 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Jurassic Park Number 1, top 100. What! Mind Blown. Hopefully it stays there.

New releases always rise near the top of the chart early, then drop down when all the haters rate it. JP is great enough it might stay high though.

#2688 4 years ago

I was wondering if the thickness of the clear was perhaps the culprit in all the pooling issues. The 2 older sterns I've owned didn't have nearly as thick a layer of clear on them. Even my GoTG from 2017 is thin compared to JP. Perhaps someone just got a little overzealous with the application, and hence the pooling. Where did you hear that newer machines might be shipping with less clear?? That's interesting.

I have Elvira HOH, JP, Munsters and Deadpool. There is absolutely no question the clear coat on the Munsters and Deadpool is substantially thicker than Elvira and JP. Not sure which is better yet. I like how the thicker one looks better but if the new one holds up better that’s what really matters. We will likely learn as we go. How much can Stern even know about their new clearcoats? They just changed them when they started the JP LE line and had issues. So no matter what testing they did it has not been long term so nobody truly knows yet. We get to be the Guinea pigs. Hoping they got it right. Otherwise I love both new machines.

#2729 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Is anyone putting a shooter lane protector on their JP? Wondering if it would be a good idea or a waste.

I’m putting Cliffy’s in. IMHO they work better and last longer. Look better too. Just got Cliffy’s for four Stern pins including JP. Hoping to put them all in in one afternoon.

#2748 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

No doubt the trough kick out flies out of the shoot w/ some force which could possibly do some incremental damage over time. I need to reduce the trough kick out, but really need to mylar the shooting lane soon.
I'll experiment w/ the 245,230,230 flipper adjustment this evening.
Anyone out there adjust their speaker/sound w/ better results in sound quality?

I would recommend Cliffy’s they are much better than mylar and last a lot longer. Just put them on my JP3 yesterday.

#2751 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Did you install the Cliffys just in the shooter lane or is there other areas of the playfield that should be protected?

The shooter lane, both sides and the ball trough drain. Easy to do. Just remove the apron and a few screws.

#2780 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I mocked this up real quick in order to get rid of the yellow pricing card.
Enjoy?[quoted image]

This is wrong on so many levels......nice job though.

#2781 4 years ago

Where is everyone finding the Cliffy sets for JP? I don't see them on their website. I have the one generic spike 2 piece that goes in front of the ball ejector, but that's it.

He doesn’t list everything he has on his website. But just email him anytime you need something and if he has it he’ll let you know, if he doesn’t same thing.

#2798 4 years ago

1.5 Billion on his first game?!?! Holy Hell, that's insane! I can't stand not having the high scores on my own machines.

Tell me about it! My 10-year-old son has the GC on five of my eight machines. Chafes my ass.......

#2808 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

He might just get all 8, then you will be hurting.

Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt! I have a slightly different house rule than the Pinsider above - Thou shalt not have all Grand Champions in my House. First, I’d stay on the damn thing until my fingers bled until I got at least a couple back. Second, if that fails, I’ll reset the scores. That’s the fail safe, but not going to need it. The kid’s a demon to be sure but I can flip. This Marine isn’t going down. Semper Fi and Win at Pinball!

2 weeks later
#3090 4 years ago

So then what is the verdict on speaker settings for LE owners? Is it supposed to be set at 4 ohms? All I know is before the .95 code update my speakers always sounded loud and clear. After the .95 update the sound was all washed out and. Tied. It sounded terrible. Only then did I reset to 8 ohms. So was it at 4 earlier and they just messed up .95 or was it at 8 earlier. I don’t get it.

Where should we set it?

#3091 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ill get some pics up later, but my 8 month old granddaughter loved the lights on my pinball games!
Her first visit!
She was even able to follow the ball!
After letting her sit and watch a couple games on each machine, she reaches out to the ones she likes.
The 2 that got her attention was Dialed in and Jurassic Park!
Starting her young, and she has good taste!

If she’s anything like my son, she’ll be beating your high scores by the time she is 5. Enjoy it now!

#3093 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

LEs have 4 ohm speakers. It was set at 8 before .95. It should be set at 4 ohms. You can then tweak the treble and base gains on the backbox(boost) and cabinet(reduce) to make it sound like before.. or just leave at 8 ohms even though it’s the incorrect setting for the speakers. Overall volume will need to be higher if you go 4 ohms.

Ok thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gamerrick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=gamerrick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.