(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,345 posts
  • 992 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by fooflighter
  • Topic is favorited by 522 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20211127_202641 (resized).jpg
20211127_202617 (resized).jpg
20211127_202628 (resized).jpg
IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
6356FCDD-2568-42C2-B738-8F4EFC033B08 (resized).jpeg
8FAFAFD8-7779-4158-8336-581BB589E4CC (resized).jpeg
BA2D7733-D82D-4175-9D1F-3C6357CF8A26 (resized).jpeg
1A8415D7-1704-496A-AE39-047A3F490B76 (resized).jpeg
A7EA1EA1-35C5-4E93-9E25-E7507518A76F (resized).jpeg
6A266C50-5305-414D-839A-5B9BA1E171C9.gif
jpsetup (resized).jpg
jpbox (resized).jpg
JP_pops_1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #72 Custom Jurassic Park apron cards Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #230 Custom Apron Cards for Stern JP Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (2 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (2 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (2 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (2 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (2 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by Scribbles (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider galvez1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6817 1 year ago

Hello friends, can i make question? I want reserve a JP Pro but here in Spain are all sold out, my local distributor have only one Premium in stock, he will receive the Pro in the middle of next year, i must wait for the Pro? Or go to the Premium?

The distributor offered the Premium with 10% of discount, side arts and shaker motor for free.

Thank you so much!

#6825 1 year ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Premium 100000%!

Quoted from Scribbles:

I have a Pro model and love it. HOWEVER, if your distributor has a Premium in stock and is giving you all the extra stuff, BUY THAT PREMIUM. Dont wait another minute.

Quoted from Markharris2000:

Take the premium!!! No questions, far fancier machine, 10% off, etc. (And I would NOT count on any distributor getting any specific machines 'next year'. JP could go out of production easily and then no PROs would happen. It's an unknown what happens in Stern's production line). And remember that the 10% discount you'll get, plus the $300 worth of mods you can skip with make it similiar in price). Plus it's HERE NOW

Quoted from MikeS:

I'd go Premium. This is one of a handful of Stern titles where the Premium is really worth it. Best art package and the moving T-Rex and improved Raptor pen are great additions.

Thanks for al the replies, i'll call tomorrow for buy the Premium, regards!!!

#6846 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Hey, question for anyone who installed a shaker motor. I just installed the official one from stern. Easy install, tightened all the screws, etc. I wanted to check and make sure that it is normal for the machine to REALLY shake. When it is set to moderate or maximum use it SHAKES. Feels like the whole house shakes haha. This is my first Pinball machine and first shaker motor so I just wanted to check and make sure this is normal is isn't going to hurt the machine in any way! Thanks!

I just buy the JP Premium and the shaker motor, but i do not received yet, you know it are any tutorial for install it? Regards?

#6850 1 year ago

Two things I suggest when you are ready to install the shaker motor:
1) get some nylon cable tie-wraps and tie the wiring to the existing wires that run from right to left behind the cash box. It will make the installation much cleaner and prevent any tugging on those cables accidently if you pull the cashbox out. I used 5 tie-wraps.
2) get some BLUE thread-lock liquid. Harbor Frieght sells both RED and BLUE for $2 a bottle. Get the BLUE and put a drop on each thread before you screw the four screws into the cabinet mounted T-Nuts. (Blue is the medium strength, semi-permanent type)
Note1: The Premium is pre-drilled and T-Nuts installed, but not very consistently. I would use a small hammer and tap each of the T-Nuts into the cabinet from underneath before you try and install the shaker motor screws from up top. The provided longer screws that go through the cabinet are 'just' long enough if the T-Nuts are tapped in properly.
Note2: The two self-threading hex cap screws that hold the plastic cover on will be a challenge to get installed, but they WILL work! The brackets are somewhat moveable with some pressure, so just stay at it and it will thread with enough energy applied! Get the first one in, and then push/tug/press the cover front to back to front to meet the second hold and press hard when it starts to line up!

Thank you for the reply, i have a maintenance company, and i repair industrials machines, i hope a pinball will be easier , i have tie-wraps and Loctite 242 i'll do the same that you said! Thank you so much.

#6881 1 year ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Was thinking about this 6 months ago... and was hesitating on the 'free' escape nublar wizard mode
But when the the 'When Dinosours Ruled the Earth' wizard mode was added, I was totally convinced.
I just ordered myself a NIB pro (+ shaker). Should be delivered in EU in december (november run at Stern).
Can't wait
ps: does the t-rex sometimes roar on the pro after the game intro has ended like on the PRE/LE ?

I think in the pro the T-Rex it's static.

#6906 1 year ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Just did the same thing Tuesday! Looks like its going to arrive next week

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It's official - I just put in my JP Premium order! Looking forward to joining the club in what is hopefully a few short days. Thanks for everyone's insight and support in helping me make my decision.

Me too!!!

#6907 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Well I have a Avengers IQ Prem on order....and am now considering swapping to JP....reading a ton on this thread.....

Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Interesting as that’s exactly what I did

I think if you don't go for Limited Edition because they sell out very soon, for avoid surprises the better choice it's wait a few month to see the evolution of the gameplay and the code, JP it's better choice because have one year in the market and it's completly contrasted.

#6955 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I used Brite buttons Yellow matches real well to the amber shooter rod

Quoted from fooflighter:

I did the same, they look and feel great

Photos, please.

#6970 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

In general i don't like illuminated buttons, but for this machine in these color it's awesome! Congrats

#6986 1 year ago

I just buy this for the game room.
71InErNmOSL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#6990 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Look what just pulled into my driveway . . .
Man, I've got mods arriving nearly every day, but no pin until at least the end of October
[quoted image]

These Jeep it's for replace the stock Jeep? Where can i buy it? Thanks!!

#7001 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Mind me asking how much in case I see something similar?

I bought it on Amazon, 30€.
amazon.com link »

#7116 1 year ago

The distributor called me for say me i'll received the game this Friday, i must do anything special before first play? Clean or apply wax? Change the balls for ultra shine? I don't know where i read something about this.

Regards my friends!

#7118 1 year ago

I strongly recommend ordering cliffy’s shooter lane protectors. Everything else can wait till you have time. If you can’t get them in time, at least turn down trough coil to 195 or so. I added 3 layers of blue painters tape to the lane until the protectors arrived.

I read a few days a go your comment about the lane protector, i bought this from PU-Parts, because they send from Europe and i'm not pay customs and the shipping it's more cheap, this lane protector it's ok??

https://pu-parts.com/jurassic-park-shooter-lane-protector

And how many often i must clean and wax the playfield?

Thank you so much.

#7133 1 year ago

It's not my cup of tea, IMO keep the original it's better choice.

#7134 1 year ago

Any lane protector is fine, but Cliffs are the best and you can get in a week or two in the USA, but his stuff is carried at lots of places. Any would be fine.

Can you write the link to buy it? I can't find the JP shooter lane protector.

Thanks!

#7214 1 year ago

I think, the amber shooter it's out of stock because they are manufacturing the new shooter for the Avangers, it's very similar to the JP

Screen-Shot-2020-09-02-at-3.44.56-PM (resized).png
#7221 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

My advice is wax that bad boy and play the hell out of it. Dimple schmimple....lol. Eventually dust gets under those protectors and will bug the hell out of you. Plus, they will get all scratched up eventually and look like rear end. I'm sure some here will have a different opinion, but the games are perfectly fine without a protector as long as you clean/wax/change balls and perform routine maintenance.

There are any tutorial for clean and wax? What kind of product i must buy? What kind of balls? And in how many plays i must do the maintenance?

Regards!!!

#7223 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Naptha for cleaning playfields and rubber, Windex or your favorite glass cleaner for the glass and plastics, and a 100% Carnauba wax with no solvents.

Wax i bought "Blitz Wax" but i don't know what it's "Napha" Can you send a link please, do not find anything about it.
About the balls i bought ultra shiny balls, i don't know were i read these are the best, and you must change the originals for these balls, it's correct or i'm wrong?

Thank you so much.

#7271 1 year ago

I strongly recommend ordering cliffy’s shooter lane protectors. Everything else can wait till you have time. If you can’t get them in time, at least turn down trough coil to 195 or so. I added 3 layers of blue painters tape to the lane until the protectors arrived.

I just buy to Cliff the complete set of protectors, you know if are any instructions for install it? It's my first pinball and i think will be very difficult to install for me.

Regards!!!

Jose A.

#7306 1 year ago

Finally it's here!!!

IMG_3069 (resized).jpegIMG_3070 (resized).jpeg
#7330 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Look over that playfield. My June build has issues.

What kind of issues? Mine is June build too.

#7331 1 year ago

One thing, i don't know why, but my machine doesn't make skill shots, i pass the ball into the left ramp (T-Rex) but active the staff rescue, any ideas what can happened?

#7338 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

You probably have a switch stuck closed.
Go into switch test mode and see if anything is closed.
If not, while in test mode, hit the playfield with your palm a couple times and see if anything registers.

i'll try these, thanks! if someone know other kind of fail will be great help.

#7340 1 year ago

When i start a game, always starts with M-A of "MAP" illuminate an T of "T-Rex" too. I think is for this the problem of the skill shots, i just revised all the switch and are ok, anybody knows the problem?

Reagards!

IMG_3140 (resized).jpg
#7342 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

That is normal. Every game starts that way.

And you know when i pass the ball for the left ramp, do not make a skill shot?

#7347 1 year ago
Quoted from ReluctantPin:

So my NIB JP (July, 2020) I now notice all the Stern balls are in some way pitted/rusty, right out the box. In my ignorance I didn't check close enough... put about 10 plays on it. But all the balls? On a new Stern? Is this exceptionally unlucky or are they always this dangerous?

I change the OEM balls for high gloss, when you'll have it, you'll appreciate the difference.

#7350 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Is the left ramp insert light flashing red when you are making the shot?
Also what version of s/w are you running? And while I'm not sure that it makes a difference but are you doing a full plunge or auto-plunge with the ball going up the U ramp and into the return lane to shoot the left ramp; or are you doing a half plunge and catching the ball with your flipper to make the left ramp shot?

Yes, the light it's flashing red and white, i shoot a full plunge, the ball do the U ramp and later a direct shoot with the flipper to the ramp. But active the paddock.

The machine it's new, comes with 1.02 installed.

Thanks!!

#7365 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

That is weird - it should only reward the skill shot and not activate the paddock on that shot. The fact that it starts the paddock shows that the game did sense the ball on the left ramp. I'm not sure whether there is a setting for turning off the skill shots - do any of the other skill shots work? I would be tempted to do a factory reset ...
Edit: In case you're not familiar with the other secret skill shots, they are:
- short plunge and hit the "C"
- short plunge and hit the "O"
- short plunge and hit the Amber target in the pops

Doesn’t work any skill shot!! I just restart the pinball and say this

1E4177DE-B40D-4B3C-98D7-2FA99D72405D (resized).jpeg
#7371 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

That is weird - it should only reward the skill shot and not activate the paddock on that shot. The fact that it starts the paddock shows that the game did sense the ball on the left ramp. I'm not sure whether there is a setting for turning off the skill shots - do any of the other skill shots work? I would be tempted to do a factory reset ...
Edit: In case you're not familiar with the other secret skill shots, they are:
- short plunge and hit the "C"
- short plunge and hit the "O"
- short plunge and hit the Amber target in the pops

I just resolve the problem!!!!!! the shooter lane switch do not detected the balls, a simply adjust and done!!!!

#7396 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I have noticed the only way to make the playfield level is by completely extending the front two posts at their highest points. The machine is now level but it just does not look right compared to my other machines, as the front two legs are raised all the way up. Does anyone know if this is normal for this playfield?

Beware my bubble level was a little bit loose and make incorrect measurements

#7415 1 year ago

Hi! I have a little issue, one of each 10 balls aprox the left ramp do not detected the ball, i've read that the optical sensors do not detected the ball if pass too fast, anyone knows how can i fixed the problem??

Regards!!

#7458 1 year ago

Speaker upgrade, "BOSE" sticker 1€

IMG_3226 (resized).jpeg
#7468 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Is it the entrance ramp opto or the exit ramp opto that isn't registering? Most likely the entrance opto but still worth checking to make sure you're fixing the right one. In the menu there's a ramp test where it will compare the number of entrance and exit optos registering on shots. Whichever opto count is lower is the one that isn't registering. Might be a good place to start.
If it's the entrance ramp opto that isn't registering consistently I think there are a few possible things to try. 1) The tape fix 2) re-aligning the optos 3) The part Stern issued to cover the hole for the opto receiver more. Keyword search in this forum should get you info on all three.

Mine not register 1 of each 8 or 10 balls aprox, i think are when pass fast balls, is the same problem?

Could you send the links, please? i don't find anything about, thank you so much!

#7475 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I cannot find a specific test for this. I put it in switch test and it only registers the exit opto. Now, I only see one physical opto on the rear behind the back panel. What am I missing?
Thanks,
RC

I just adjust the flipper power with less power (215) and now, for the moment, works ok.

#7504 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

While I wait for my Prem.... side blades? Sterns....or one of the other options?

I like Stern.

#7505 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

During gameplay a screw rolled down coming from the Trex direction (Premium) . I can't find where it came from, black screws are rare so I guess it's not that hard to find. Anyone can help?
[quoted image]

The same happened to me, and the screw was of the T-Rex Tower, can yours be of the same place?

IMG_3182 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7719 1 year ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Mine was hitting as well.. little grinding got it right back in biz. never thought about just removing and then mylar.. intersting.
[quoted image]

1410561_700 (resized).jpg
#7723 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The ramps aren't countersunk so that type of screw still won't lie perfectly flat. They are better than the original screws but still make slight contact with the ball.

You have all the reason, this must will be better.

celo-tornillo-para-aluminio-extraplana-ce-4-2x22-lacado-blanco-9w4222ce-0501040648-d467_228 (resized).jpg
#7783 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I noticed in the settings that you could "add goats." Do you know what that is referring to?

When i active the setting more goats, and you capture a dinosaur in the image appears a goat, when active a T-Rex mode appears goats but subtly.

#7869 1 year ago
Quoted from gaubster:

New question. Does this look correct? The supply drop target looks to be leaning towards the left (in front of the inner loop fed by the third flipper). I've had a lot of rejected balls that don't make that inner loop. The chrome is now rubbing off (wasn't like that last night). Anybody else have this issue? Does this target look askew? I'm not sure how to fix this one as it's solidly affixed. I appreciate any advice as this is my first machine. Thanks!
[quoted image]

One rookie question, why have negative numbers some parts of the pinball? The supply drop target have -20, but all the playfield have de same kind of numbers.

#7968 1 year ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Oh boy I come seeking wisdom. Was just playing a game and noticed a screw popped off. But I have no idea where it does. Any ideas? Picture shows where it landed have not touched it.
[quoted image]

Could be of the T-Rex Tower? Mine lost one similar screw

616627c06e0f86b16ed557632f581731ea36e07c.jpeg (resized).jpg
1 month later
#8594 11 months ago

Hi! Today cleaning my Jurassic Park i just see this sticker, "Jaws Premium" Means they have in mind launch Jaws? Or it's was a code name?

IMG_3916 (resized).jpgIMG_3917 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider galvez1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside