(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,324 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider finnflash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6001 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Just joined the club 2 hours ago.
NIB August of 2019 Build.
Trying to get through the 120 pages here,
Anything important from that build run?
3 games in, love it and need to really read up game play.
[quoted image]

Congrats!
I am leaving soon to go pick mine up.

#6055 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

There was a post a while back where someone purchased amber bumper caps with nothing printed on them. Bought some crane flies, and clear resin. Made himself some authentic "mosquito in amber" pop bumper caps. Youd have to dig for that post though. It was quite a while ago.

Post #3594

#6170 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I just ordered the $15 partial set from Pinball Life. PBL-300-0142-00 They have a fluorescent green tint. Getting clear seemed to be a missed opportunity, but the green may be overwhelming... I will advise how they look once they arrive tomorrow.

That's the ones I have. I got them because I had green flipper rubbers.
I like them, not too overwhelming.

20200803_084245 (resized).jpg20200803_084245 (resized).jpg
#6191 3 years ago

Looks like he is flashing someone, haha

f162be520b15e52024580de17842c62d32501da3.jpeg (resized).jpgf162be520b15e52024580de17842c62d32501da3.jpeg (resized).jpg
#6204 3 years ago

My spinner shot seems like it hits something everytime I shoot it. It makes it past the gate, bounces around and drops into the pops. Seems like it should go all the way around the loop to the upper flipper.
How is this shot intended to work?

#6206 3 years ago

I very rarely have it go around the loop. But its never a clean shot around, it always seems like it is bouncing off of something.
Not sure if it's the gate or the up post. The post seems flush, but who knows.

#6211 3 years ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

I am having trouble with starting Escape Nublar at game start. I have tried the holding in both flippers and it does not seem to work on my Pro. Nothing happens. Anyone else have this issue or know of the solution? The only way I can get it to start is going into the game settings and change Standard Adjustment #47 Game Mode On Start to Challenge.

I'm not sure what this is? Tell me more

#6221 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Finally got around to changing the green spring that shipped with my game to the correct orange one. What a difference! If you haven't bothered to check, make sure you're plunger spring is orange.

Where do you get the correct spring?

#6247 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

Install a small washer under the left side of the metal fork in the shooter lane to raise it slightly. Improved my auto launch success tremendously.

It looks like mine has one from the factory, would that be correct? Or should I put another one under there?

#6258 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Can you share a photo of how it came from the factory?

20200810_133110 (resized).jpg20200810_133110 (resized).jpg
#6270 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Interesting... This is how it came to you from Stern? No previous owners?

I am the second owner, but I was under the impression he did not do anything to the game. I will find out.

1 week later
#6459 3 years ago

How do you abort a smart missile?

#6487 3 years ago

Just got Invalid Frenzy champ, and I had never even heard of it before tonight.

#6489 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Interestingly same here. Accidentally chose it with smart missile, and hit. Big points and lots of Newman.

Yes, ended 1st ball with 400 mil.
Still trying to find the abort missile and ended on this and hit it. Very cool mode.

#6592 3 years ago

I noticed a washer shoot across the playfield and see I'm missing a screw at the Trex ramp.

So I lift the playfield and find this screw in the cab. Can someone confirm this goes there? And if not where do they even use this type?

20200826_211047 (resized).jpg20200826_211047 (resized).jpg20200826_211027 (resized).jpg20200826_211027 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6761 3 years ago
Quoted from RedDragons5:

Been having an issue for about a week....looking for suggestions. Spinner shot from either flipper is only going clean around to upper right flipper about 10% of the time. Very clunky lately and I'm not even getting the ball to bounce in the pops after a "clunky" shot. Just rolls right through. Pitch is at 7.0 and seems to be pretty level left to right. Anyone else have this issue?

I am also, but mine mostly goes to the pops. Would like to find out what it is hitting to make the ball jump after that spinner shot.

#6839 3 years ago

Moderate and maximum settings are how often it shakes, not the intensity. I would think it is normal and shouldn't hurt anything.

#6841 3 years ago

Is the glass rattling? Maybe that's making it seem worse then it is.

#6888 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Various differences have been discussed a bunch on these threads, but along with the pit and trex, don't forget the helicopter on the right side.

That helicopter is very forgettable

#7034 3 years ago

I replaced the rubbers when I got this game, but couldn't remove the right ramp to get the ones under it. How does that ramp come off?

1 week later
#7266 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Did you have a hard time installing the cliffys? I have a set but gave up when I realized I had two hammer out those two screws. Were they a pain in the but? Did they tear clear when you hammered them out?

I have installed these before without removing those. They seem fine

#7278 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

That is also the reason why I replaced my rubbers was because of the black residue, but I didn’t think gameplay would change that much as I’ve changed to titans on all my 11 games. I don’t find any of my other games are affected negatively. What are my alternatives, I don’t want to go back to the black ones.

I use the clear silicone rubbers from pinball life. They come in a container of sizes all for $40. I rerubbered about 3 machines per container. I like the way these play.

#7285 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

New pro owner here. Are air balls common? I routinely get balls getting on top of the plastics on the left side. Ball also kicks up in the back and often doesn't make a clean loop. Game came to me with plastic protector over pf. I'm wondering if that is the problem since the ball rides a bit higher on pf.

The spinner shot on mine almost never goes all the way around. I dont think that is from the playfield protector.

3 weeks later
#7628 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Donated, thanks for all your effort boys! Keep those tittles coming!

Tittles? Yes, more tittles!

#7632 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

If you didn't know, a tittle is the dot on the lower case letter i and j or other markings over other letters
[quoted image]

Yeah, I love huge tittles

2 weeks later
#8065 3 years ago
Quoted from Hokie822:

What does the match number on the egg at end of game mean? I did a search and came up empty.

If you match the last 2 numbers of your score, you get a free game. Usually better to match on location, then at home.

#8206 3 years ago

I thought you were going to finally say you played the game!

#8266 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've had a couple of more people ask me about making the 3D printed orange lenses to add to the top of the raptor pit lights. I did this with a special semi-translucent orange filament that I had a very limited sample of, so I cannot make any more at this time.
However, I've since had a couple of people ask for them, so here is my proposal: If at least 5 people will commit at $5 each in order to cover my cost, then I would be happy to order a spool of the semi-translucent orange filament and begin offering these to anyone who wishes to purchase. If at least 5 people are interested in this initial offering, moving forward I'm going to be selling them for $7 per set of 3 instead of $5.
The lenses will be printed using PETG, have 100% infill for best light diffusion, and will come with adhesive on the bottom ready to stick to the raptor pit plastic. The price also includes US postage (for international add $2).
Please post in this thread or PM me, and if/when I reach 5 commitments I will let everyone know.
[quoted image]

I'm in for a set. Thanks

1 week later
#8466 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeanclaudev:

This T-REX toy is a nice feature, when it works ....still waiting the real solution

I'm still trying to figure out how to make the launch work consistently. I have tried everything

1 year later
#14781 1 year ago

I don't think any of Sterns spike 2 games wipe scores or settings(depending on how old of code you have on it). And if you dont have IC in your JP you cant update with just wifi dongle.

#14786 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I can now confirm this works as I just did it.
- Updated JP to 1.06 code.
- Installed microSD and usb wifi adapter
- Ran a network cable from the QR reader in GZ to the empty slot ethernet port in the backbox
- Started JP and went through the same setup as I did on GZ for IC, making sure Home Team is turned on, and then registered game on the web.
- Turned on JP and unhooked network cables
- Powered on and I could select my IC from Home Team
I have a Micro Center near me and grabbed these this morning.
microSD card - $3.79 - https://www.microcenter.com/product/486146/micro-center-16gb-microsdhc-card-class-10-flash-memory-card-with-adapter
usb wifi dongle - $9.99 - https://www.microcenter.com/product/395710/tp-link-tl-wn725n-150mbps-wireless-n-nano-usb-adapter
[quoted image]

I was a day to early at buying 2 more IC readers. So I could have just put home team on those 2 pins with the 1 IC reader I already had? Dammit

#14791 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Only downside for having no reader is a random person can’t just input their QR code at game start. Not a big deal for home use cause I could turn on gz, add them to my home team, turn on jp and they will now be on my home team. I also don’t have any real pin head friends who use ic lol.

Same here, just me and my son are the only ones playing.

#14794 1 year ago

I made it to visitor center for the first time and completed it!! Now how do I check the JP leaderboard?
Edit: found the leaderboard, and it says live but my score isnt showing up. That was $200 well spent.

20220805_224832 (resized).jpg20220805_224832 (resized).jpg

3 months later
#15270 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Has anyone made an alternate translite for this game, with the correct JP logo and colours?

This is the alternate one that the previous owner added. I like it a lot more then the original. Not sure where to get these, ebay possibly?

20220731_142448 (resized).jpg20220731_142448 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#15439 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

OK let me reel you guys back into our amazing thread.
Are there any mods you guys wish someone would make or make again?

Maybe some sort of "precision flippers" would be nice.

2 weeks later
#15603 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Stern JP Shooter Rod: Too Big?
I do think the factory shooter for this game is dope, but I don't really like BIG shooter knobs. This one seems darned big. Is it in fact more comfortable than it looks?

I never use it, just hit the button.

5 months later
#16664 11 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Question for those with a pro with T-Rex live.
I just installed live trex in my pro. It’s working.
My question is how much does it move in attract mode? This one is moving constant in attract mode. When starting a game it stops and seems to work correctly . Question #2 how far to the right does trex head turn (left of trex right of player ).? This one turns far left slightly right but centers when stoped.
First time seeing one in action other than yoyokopter you tube. His moves more right. I assume linkage adjustment ?
Thanks in advance.

The t-rex is hooked up to the start button light, so I turned that off(in the settings menu) so no movement while not playing. Not sure on your other question.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

13,200 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider finnflash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=finnflash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.