(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,349 posts
  • 992 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by PinPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 522 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20211127_202641 (resized).jpg
20211127_202617 (resized).jpg
20211127_202628 (resized).jpg
IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
6356FCDD-2568-42C2-B738-8F4EFC033B08 (resized).jpeg
8FAFAFD8-7779-4158-8336-581BB589E4CC (resized).jpeg
BA2D7733-D82D-4175-9D1F-3C6357CF8A26 (resized).jpeg
1A8415D7-1704-496A-AE39-047A3F490B76 (resized).jpeg
A7EA1EA1-35C5-4E93-9E25-E7507518A76F (resized).jpeg
6A266C50-5305-414D-839A-5B9BA1E171C9.gif
jpsetup (resized).jpg
jpbox (resized).jpg
JP_pops_1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #72 Custom Jurassic Park apron cards Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #230 Custom Apron Cards for Stern JP Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (2 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (2 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (2 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (2 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (2 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (2 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by Scribbles (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#941 2 years ago

Joined the club! Through some quick pinsider magic, got one today.

Had an unfornately long computer battle to get it updated. I eventually beasted it out and won the war of progress bars.

Only ended up getting a couple games in but I'm obviously loving it.

Getting a lot of raptor tower ramp rejects and my plunger is too weak to consistently plunge its ramp. Going to investigate those tomorrow. (any pointers?)

Otherwise I'm really looking forward to figuring out the game. Certainly wasn't expecting to get a new game today but it's looking like it's going to be a fun holiday weekend. Took off tomorrow. Coffee and dinos are on the breakfast menu.

#944 2 years ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

My owners manual says the game should come with an "orange tension spring" in the plunger. However my machine has a green spring. That's 2 stages weaker than orange...... looks like we may just need stiffer springs??
Edit: you mean your flipper is too weak to get up the raptor pen ramp? Or your plunger is too weak to get up to the helipad on ball launch?

I did briefly look at the plunger. I have a green spring as well. Full plunge barely makes it up the 180 ramp. Not very consistent at all. The other pro I played this was basically a gimmie.

As for the side ramp, I don't think it's a power thing. I managed to make it a couple times, but also had a lot of solid shots that seemed like that should be good get rejected. Could certainly be I haven't really found the shot yet, but I’m still going to give it a look.

#983 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

While I agree that the secret skills shots are valuable, they don’t hold a candle to the awesome feeling of hitting that 3rd combo of the standard skill shot. I can’t think of another game that has a skill shot that feels that good.

I agree. I imagine some more valuable secrets will get into the game, but as of now the 3 combo skill shot is great.

Unfortunately the Raptor Pen ramp is very difficult to hit for me still. I adjusted the upper flipper a little today. When I got it, it wasn't aligned exactly to the center of the whole. Centered it, and sadly didn't seem to have much effect.

Took the plunger apart as well. I think my plunger is either slightly bent, or possible needs to be sanded flush. Definitely feeling some friction. Certainly doesn't plunge as smooth as any of my other pins. I think the orange spring would still get me to the promised land though. Probably going to order one soon.

In code/design thought. While catching some dinos yesterday, a friend pointed out the fact that you don't need to cycle inlanes or top lanes. Really appreciating that fact now. I'm not against that play mechanic, but this is a welcomed change of pace.

#996 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

o some basic rules? I’m kind of just flailing away. Seems like a fun game, tons of shots. High score so far is about 450 mil.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

Keith also has several posts in that thread with tips.

#1072 2 years ago

"Control room modes are lit by:

- Catching your first dinosaur
- Spelling CHAOS twice
- Starting raptor MB
- 15 tower shots"

If you want to see the 4th mode which I assume is a mini wizard mode, you need to incorporate some raptors into your strategy.

I'm not actually sure it's coded yet though. I've completed the main 3, but was never able to start the 4th because I haven't even gotten close to 15 tower shots.

#1192 2 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Got to visitors center as well, it’s not there.
Keith Elwin replied “go the long way for now”
However that is achieved...

I'm assuming he means play more of the middle Dino modes so it takes longer to get to the Visitors Center. I've made it there a few times now and you're basically stuck at that point.

Keith has mentioned that you will eventually have to escape the park. Sounded like you will have to go back through the dinos and scoring and or difficulty will be determined by how many people you didn't rescue.

#1357 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I believe Springate is real as well...should it be orange? Mine shipped green

Keith responded to me about it on Tilt, but he was wearing his Stern employee hat. The response was green or orange should be fine.

I have gotten an orange one but haven't swapped it out yet

#1372 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Have any strategies to share besides "play better"

Right now my main strategy is to try and get King of the Island mb going. It's worth a lot and the intro is pretty damn cool. You have to capture the Spinosaurus, and then it's started at the left ramp. Generally I try to make right for her, but in my best game where where I got a little over 1B, I also captured TRex. Only slight problem right now is KotI start doesn't take precedence over the next paddock start (Keith said this would be changed). Along the way get CHAOS mb going and you'll put up some nice points.

#1374 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Are we checking our playfield angle? In general, I see significantly more talk about solenoid power and spring strength adjustments than I do playfield pitch. Obviously, once it is at the right pitch, then it's all about springs and solenoids. But I figured I'd ask the obvious question first.

I certainly have. Not so much because of the launch though. My Tower ramp is still brick city. I've staring to avoid it except on the skill shot, which is kind of making me sad. I initially had my game at about 7.1° I'm currently down to about 6.8° and that has definitely made the tower slightly better to hit, but it's still a bear (or a raptor ). Probably going to get it down to 6.5° soon.

Anyway, there has been basically no difference in the launch rejects along the journey. I've also primarily been using the center button, which while definitely more consistent, still gets some rejects. People have mentioned adjusting the U ramps, but I gave them both a decent look and it's not really apparent how I could adjust either of them. Would definitely appreciate some insight from anyone who has adjusted them.

#1409 2 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

In fairness, that was literally his response... green or orange should be fine. His answer didn't really ring of corporate-speak to me. I could have been misreading though

My comment was mostly in jest. As it seems most of the games are coming with green but the manual says orange, I'm sure this place would have lost their shit if he came out and said orange.

#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

All Modes - allow both flipper skip of all mode intros that hold the ball

Thank you pinball gods!

1 week later
#1631 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Thanks for the info! Very much appreciated. Looking forward to get my premium. Trying to gather as much intel about the game and it’s glitches before I receive my pin.

Mine came with it not aligned to the guide hole. Same for the one on location I play. I think the bigger concern is the tower shot. My recommend is don't adjust anything until you play it some and see how many rejects you get from the tower. I have adjusted that flipper a couple of times now and in the end it's back off center where it came from the factory because I get slightly less tower rejects.

1 month later
#2313 2 years ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

This exactly! I was never much of a "nudger" until owning JP3. If you dont bump this bad boy, you arent going to get very far

If you don't tilt, you don't care.

#2377 2 years ago

Major Raptor Ramp update!

I've previously reported my ramp is brick city. Maybe 1/10 shots would make it up the ramp. Took it apart today for a closer look and found the issue. It wasn't assembled correctly. The prongs were in the ramp. Ball would come around, clip them and die. After making this adjustment my ramp is now perfectly smooth and shooting like the other couple JP's I've played.

Before:
before
After:
after

#2380 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Took me a minute to figure out what was going on in those pictures, but when it clicked, jeez... I'm surprised you ever got the ramp to work that way at all.

It was so frustrating. Thought I was just losing my mind when comparing to the other pins I played. For anyone else that thinks their ramp might be off, you don't even need to take anything apart to see if yours is like this. Now that those prongs are on top, I can see them right through the ramp ramp plastics.

20191027_174708 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2600 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

The balls that come with new pins are just fine.

I think the reality is just give them a look first. I've had both good and bad balls come with games. The ones that came with my JP3 were fine.

1 week later
#2707 2 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

With my last code update everything f working fine, except when I reach visitor center the game just basically ends. I no longer have option to play king of island and there is no modes besides multi balls and Trex I can start?

KOTI is started by capturing Spinosaurus and then shooting the ramp. You have to do it before you get to the Visitors Center. But yes, currently the game basically ends at the Visitors Center. Keith has previously mentioned that in the future code update that after you play the VC, you will then have to escape the park going back through the paddocks and how hard it is to escape will be determined by how many people you saved. Guess we'll see if that's still the plan when the new code drops. But for now, take the long road to the VC.

#2710 2 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I do start at beginning and play all paddocks, but it's not letting me do spinosaurus? I'm guessing I don't have the truck facing the correct direction before beginning the spinosaurus paddock, then I reach visitor center and can't go back and play it? What do you mean by long road? I thought you had to progress through paddocks from the start

The truck controls what paddock you play. When the ramp is blinking to start the paddock, this is when you need to shoot the truck to change course.

Take the long way means play more paddocks. You can get to the VC more quickly by only playing the paddocks on the sides and bee lining for the VC or you can cut back and forth to get there.

Currently if you pass by the Spinosaurus you can't get back to it.

1 week later
#2923 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I'm curious about the reason for removing the score specific backgrounds from name entry and now having it as just the single waterfall background for all. I thought it was a really nice bit of polish to have the different backgrounds relating to each score.

From Keith over on Tilt in regards to the Bonus Champ bug:
"Whole high score system getting an overhaul so no it wasn’t fixed."

#2925 2 years ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

My average scores range from 80k to 200k

Skillshot is worth more than that

#2963 2 years ago

Happy bird day everybody!

Got some games in on the new code last night, some thoughts.

Easy Raptor MB start is a very welcome addition. I started it without really trying which was certainly not ever the case previously.

Visitors Center is really valuable now. Animations are excellent. Catching dinos, getting fossils and saving lots of people is going to lead to some crazy scores. I'm curious if the playfield multiplier applies here. I didn't have it running and still got about 250m for getting there.

Secure Control room also has cool animations. I beefed this mode though which is a bummer because I didn't get to see Invalid Frenzy. Hopefully will get to see that this weekend.

Loving the game. Well done KME and Stern

#2965 2 years ago

I just got to Invalid Frenzy

Total LOLS

Let's just say I imagine the working title of this mode was Keith trolls Pinside

#2992 2 years ago

Both the JP Pro and LE club threads should be merged. They basically maintain the same discussions already.

All dinos are friends

#3003 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I disagree!! The threads are already so large people are constantly asking the same questions over and over. Nobody reads through already. Imagine if it was twice as long!!
Also there are issues which are very much related to the mechs on the premium/le. If i was a pro owner i wouldn’t care to read all that stuff.

That's why there are key posts.

I read the LE thread and have no intention of changing out my Pro. It seems a lot of the regulars are in both threads already.

I think it would also be beneficial for the longevity of the thread. Right now the game still has that fresh car smell and both threads are very active but come next year they are both going to cool down considerably.

Not the end of the world obviously, just seems unnecessary to me.

One of my favorite club threads is the Star Trek one. While Stern ST dominates the thread, all the ships of the federation are welcome there. While I think DE ST is hot garbage, I still like to see pictures of it occasionally.

Bring on the mega Dino club thread!

#3017 2 years ago

Here's a fun early game strat that I just found

Pick 5 rescues for your first Smart Missle. If you make the shot, Smart Missle is lit again. I've gone 5 rescues into Raptor MB successfully a couple of times now and was able to make some good progress.

#3022 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Please don’t combine the 2 threads, unless the mod/spam/schilling would stop in the LE thread. I’m an LE owner and don’t care to wade through the other thread. It is almost not related to club things like this thread is about. It should be named the mod selling spam thread for LE owners. This thread is much better and should become the main one and let the other thread stay the mod spam sales thread, please.

This thread FTW! Mayor Scribbles it is!

#3038 2 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

I hate being one of "those guys", and I am asking so I can prevent it in the future. As someone who is guilty of asking this... where?
When I look at the key posts, it only shows:[quoted image]

T-Rex key posts are in the other thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club

#3047 2 years ago

I haven't had a single reset and have started chaos mb/smart missle lots of times. Seems like it might be specific to the pre/le. Anyway Keith said it's already fixed over on Tilt, so you'll be good once the new code drops. In the past on other games with issues like this, a small code update is usually issued fairly quickly. I wouldn't be surprised to see .96 drop in the next few days.

#3138 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Can someone clarify... To start a Control Room mode (like system boot), do you just spell CHAOS once?
I'm pretty sure it spelled CHAOS three times, and didn't see the Control Room insert light up.

Foo listed the requirements.
There are the 3 main control room modes. Once you beat those Secure Control Room is available. After you play SCR, Invalid Frenzy is still left. It's the ? Mode and you need to unlock it. Most likely it'll be the 15 tower shots you have left.

#3140 1 year ago

That makes sense!
So start the 3 modes, and that lights the Control Room insert?

Yes

#3143 1 year ago

I think you mean "play" the modes, not "beat", correct?

Correct

So after playing the 3 modes, the SCR insert will be lit?

Yes

How do I start it?

Control room will be lit

And what is Invalid Frenzy?

The 4th control room mode designated by the question mark control room. Available via a lit control room shot once you have played SCR and have qualified a 4th control room. Keith described Invalid Frenzy as a stepping stone bonus mode on the way to Isle Nublar. Nublar is not in the game yet.

1 week later
#3262 1 year ago

Do we really need this stupid shit in the club thread? Surely one of the countless other bitch about everything threads would be better.

#3271 1 year ago

This seems like an interesting rule add. I'm guessing it's used via the center button. Feel like the strat will be to try and save it for T-Rex or Spiny

Screenshot_20191221-113212_Twitter (resized).jpg
#3273 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Nice! That’ll be fun to try. Definitely would be good to save for those two. Especially Spiny to try to get KOTI MB.

For sure. With the latest code, the dinos definitely have more pep in their step. I've had Rex and Spiny both get away a couple times now. Real bummer when you get past Spiny and don't get to play KOTI

1 week later
#3451 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Don’t want to debate, not looking to debate, nor do I want to participate in a “debate.”

Debatable

1 week later
#3565 1 year ago

I think I found my new backglass

IMG_20200112_125737 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3932 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

This is a new one for a "stuck" ball...
[quoted image]

Get out the pitch forks boys! Stern is going to pay for this. You should probably ask you're distributor for a brand new fully populated playfield.

1 month later
#4466 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

ARRIVED!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I've got a lot to learn but this pin has a great layout and some really fun shots.

Welcome to the club! Also that is a solid 4 pin lineup.

#4467 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

What is the short version of Iron Maiden?

IMDN

#4505 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Pull your coil stop good chance you will see it’s shot once you take it off

Most likely this. I'm at around 500 plays. Left stop was replaced last week. That one was totally destroyed. Replaced the right one last night.

#4560 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Is it possible to stack MB? Which ones and how to do?
Thanks

Mostly no. The only stack option is is Raptor MB with T-Rex MB but you can only do that by:

"In a similar vein to the 4-ball Trooper Multiball from Iron Maiden, there’s a way to score even more out of this mode. If Smart Missile is currently lit, “Raptor Multiball” is selected, and only one more truck hit is required for Feed T-Rex, a successful Smart Missile shot that also hits the truck will start Feed T-Rex during Raptor Tri-Ball."

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/

#4562 1 year ago

So I need to play Raptor MB and beforehand with « x » remaining for Trex. When I have smart missile shot to do it needs to touch the truck and hit the target through the pops. Is it correct? (Sorry I try to make effort to understand what it means)

Almost, but you don't need to play RMB first. You're starting RMB with the Smart Missle while simultaneously completing T-REX.

So:
Get T-RE
Qualify Smart Missle
Shoot left ramp.
Hit center button 4 times to select Start RMB
Shoot pops stand-up target while glancing the captive ball along the way

#4569 1 year ago

As Troll bomber in medieval madness?! Tough shot!

I haven't ever heard of this. So you glance a troll into what? Castle? What's it do?

#4603 1 year ago

To anyone who has removed the truck, can you confirm that the hex holding the post in place is 3/32"?

Mine has been getting a little sluggish and I wanted to give it a cleaning. I have 3 different allen sets, but naturally all of them are in mm and neither 2 or 2.5 works.

#4604 1 year ago

Shout out to the U launch ramp. Lifted the playfield but forgot to pull the balls. Heard my mistake as the balls started clanging out, but fortunately they all just collected in the ramp and didn't destroy anything.

#4623 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

After 2100 games played the T-Rex/Raptor MB stack happened for me last night by accident! It was pretty fun to have it happen. I wasn't even thinking about it when I chose Raptor MB for the smart missile award. I took the shot and it bricked off the truck and ramp post but it came back fast right at the flipper so I tried to send it straight back that direction. It turned into a clean shot at the amber target that probably just barely beat the grace period and both MBs started up. Now I probably only have to wait another 2100 games for it to happen again

Very cool.
I've only tried a couple times now and haven't pulled it off. I was trying to get the letters first and then get enough rescues, but kept accidentally starting Rex. But as of now, I haven't even gotten the kill shot set up yet.

#4624 1 year ago

And...got the shot set up. Brick. Outlane. I can see this is going to be a whole thing now.

#4628 1 year ago

I just pulled the glass and rolled the ball by that screw a bunch of times. On my pin yes it does touch the ball, but barely. I don't think this is really going to be the cause of that many rejects for anyone. If you are going to dremel it, just a pinch off the right side seems like it would be all you need.

Worth noting again: My Raptor Tower ramp was assembled incorrectly from the factory. The the top habitrails were going into the u ramp opposed to resting on top of it. This made ramp ridiculously hard to actually make. I didn't notice until I was fed up enough to take the plastics off and look at it, but you can check with it assembled. Look through the upper 'windows' of the tower. Can you see the 2 habitrail ends? If not, re-assemble.

#4643 1 year ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Does the smart missile "Invalid frenzy" count towards "Escape Nublar"?
Also TWICE in the same IF mode I hit the C shot and the ball bounced out before the post went up and I was S.O.L. until it reset.
Maybe just a coincidence but I dont remember that ever happening before the update.

Invalid Frenzy isn't a requirement for Nublar so no.
To get to Nublar you need to start Visitors Center, Museum Meyham, and Secure Control Room.

1 week later
#4748 1 year ago

The only JP card in that thread is Nedry dying.

Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Anyone have a link to some good printable instructions cards for Jurassic Park?

If you look through the image gallery of this thread there are several options.

#4753 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

There is at least 23 Jurassic Park cards in that thread.

I only looked at the Key posts and index. Guess those need some updating.

1 week later
#4838 1 year ago
Screenshot_20200429-171922_Twitter (resized).png
#4840 1 year ago

Some prehistoric leftovers for lunch before a little Dino pin session.

20200430_122643 (resized).jpg
#4846 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Linear with no side missions?

The game literally ends after Nublar. That seems linear to me. I love the game for sure, but most of my games do feel very similar.

#4850 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I don’t know what a game being linear means, so I have no opinion.

Wrong answer buddy. Get yourself an opinion so I can tell you you're wrong.

#4858 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

And how often are you doing that? I'm guessing never since it literally doesn't end after Nublar. There's still a final mode when you beat Nublar and the other mini-wizard modes.
Of course...I'm pretty sure THEN it ends, but I'm not sure since I have never gotten anywhere near it.
In my opinion, having an end to a game doesn't mean it's linear when there are so many paths and unique things to do to get there. Linear means you are locked in to one thing, then the next, then the next, etc. In JP there are choices the entire time. Of course, that's just like, my opinion man.

I have gotten there and it absolutely ends.

The first time I got there I was on ball 2 (EBs on) and thought damn, this is going to be a hell of a game. I had heard about the game ending but it was still surprising.

While there is another super wiz mode (WDRTE) you only get to play it if you complete all the mini wiz modes along the way.

I would say I could get to the VC every game if I took the short route but I'm generally trying to go for broke and capture all the super predators along the way.

I would say my average game I play most of the paddocks, the 3 main Control room modes and a couple Rex modes. Museum Meyham and Invalid Frenzy are the modes I see the least aside from Nublar.

I've only been to Nublar twice FWIW. The second time I was on my way to the WDRTE. Had SCR and VC complete but beefed Museum.

#4863 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Wow! Nice!!! How do you go after the set trap targets consistently without draining? I usually try to go at the left target with the left flipper while the truck is pointed left, but sometimes the ball bounces off it to the right side of the truck, rolls off the guide on the side of the right ramp and goes SDTM. Same thing happens sometimes when I try going at the right side target from the right flipper with the truck pointing right. Between drains from hitting those targets & the truck and from the slings throwing it straight to the outlines I can usually only get to the last paddock before Visitors Center.

My approach is basically the same. One thing I would check is that your standups are aligned properly. Mine were both a little off center for a while. I aligned and tightened them down and it definitely helped. Also, don't be afraid to use those dangers. Bonus isn't all that substantial in JP (or any modern Stern really), so get your nudge on. It's very rare if I don't tilt at least one ball/game.

The bulk of my drains are via the right outlane. I feel like on this game more than any other I get weird rolls up through the right flipper lane that make sure to find their way to Nedry.

#4865 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Nice. You are a heck of a player. I have gotten to each of the mini-wizards, but not EN or WDRTE. I didn't realize that you do not get a chance to go back for the other mini-wizards once you get to EN, making it a bit of a road block. I apologize. At either rate, we have different definitions of linear, but I can definitely see your point. Gotta love this game. Those raptors are clever!

Definitely love the game. That KME fella knows what's up.

I still haven't even played the game in Nublar challenge mode. I was(am) being stubborn and wasn't going to play it until I got there properly. First time to EN was pretty beefy, so I refrained. 2nd time was better, but still a little lackluster. I think I'll try it regardless after I get there a 3rd time...or maybe this weekend after the beverages start flowing.

#4870 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Do you really have to complete the mini wiz modes ? Then I will never see it

"Secret super-wizard “epilogue” mode awarded for successfully completing Visitor’s Center, Museum Mayhem, Secure Control Room, and Escape Nublar. Timed 6-ball 60-second multiball"

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

A tall order for sure.

#4875 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Do you have the chance to play them again when you beat escape nublar ?

Nope

#4880 1 year ago
Quoted from kactussjack:

JP Software glitch?
Sometimes after a ball drains, the game advances to the next ball, but auto plunges and no skill shot is available. This can continue for several balls,even carrying over the the next game. Has anyone seen this behavior? I am running 1.01 code.

Sounds like trough issue. Start with reseting those connectors. Give it a good look too. Maybe something(loose bulb...) got stuck in there.

#4909 1 year ago
Quoted from ozsplace:

Any other recommendations

Capture Spinosaurus and play King of the Island MB

1 week later
#4997 1 year ago

Replaced my 3rd coil stop today.
Total games: 670
All 3 original stops separated the same way.

Luckily I had one on hand. Time to catch some dinos.

#5001 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I only get 3 max 4 paddocks cleared. How to clear a paddock fast? Is there a trick. Visitor center is so far away.

One of the smart Missle awards is 'Clear Paddock'. This is an excellent choice vs any of the super predators. Besides that though you just have to put in the work.

If getting to VC is your primary concern, don't play any of the super predators. Take the short route up the sides.

#5006 1 year ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Total newbie question. What are coil stops? What do they look like and where are they on this game? I feel like I need to locate them on my game now...

Bookmark this thread. The collected threads by Vid are an amazing resource.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guides-collected

Here is the fliiper guide:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

Post 5 has a pic of a stop. Lift up your playfield and move the flipper with your hand and you can see the stop in action.

What happens with the Stern stops is the nub detaches from the mounting bracket.

#5035 1 year ago

FYI: The set screw to remove the truck is a 3/32" allen wrench.

Had to go buy a set of SAE allens. The 3 different sets I had on hand were all metric.

#5039 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

in my experience there is no single part "metric" in pinball machines. i have had to buy all my tools new.

Quoted from Manny65:

Yep, know the feeling. 2 sets of everything

I was one of the fortunate souls to actually receive my pre ordered Big Lebowski pin. I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise but all the hardware on it was in metric, so that's when I acquired some metric nut drivers.

As for allens, I've never encountered anything that's required SAE, but then again, most of my allen wrenching is usually to put together IKEA stuffs.

Anyways, yesterday I was able to get the JP truck off and give the shaft a good cleaning with some rubbing alcohol. It most definitely improved the truck action. I didn't put any lube on there, but still might give it a try later.

Anyone with a sluggish truck, don't be intimidated to pull it off an clean it. It's very straight forward.
My tips would be:
1. Leave a little clearance between the bottom washer and playfield when re tightening. I didn't at first and the truck wouldn't move at all.
2. Keep an eye on the 2 washers and plastic spacer when you pull the truck. Mine went shooting off and naturally went under the couch forcing a profanity laden scavenger hunt.

#5047 1 year ago
Quoted from DDtheHUSKY:

I just started noticing that the pop bumpers will go off randomly even when the ball is nowhere near them. Wasn't happening the first 200 plays or so, just started last night. Any idea of a fix? This is my first machine so I am a total novice. Thanks.

Switch probably needs to be gapped properly. Give yours a look, the contacts are likely too close together.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-rebuilding-pop-bumpers#post-486060

#5049 1 year ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

There are five new Pinside users on this page alone who have a Jurassic Park as their first machine. Guess it was a good idea for Stern to make the third JP machine after all, bringing in new people to the hobby.

It doesn't hurt that it's one of the best games they've ever made.

#5053 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Is there any way to disable the t-rex multiball?
I usually just trap up and wait the 30sec or so, but it would be easier, if you were just able to disable it.

Why?

1 week later
#5132 1 year ago
Quoted from rickyray:

Does anyone know the size of the set screw?

Quoted from ectobar:

FYI: The set screw to remove the truck is a 3/32" allen wrench

#5150 1 year ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Has anyone else experienced Chaos MB not starting correctly? Im unsure if the exact circumstances, but qualifying via the smart missile will show a direct hit and score but not start the MB. It’ll often require a further hit of the target in the pops. It may not be relevant, but generally seems to happen when most of the Chaos letters has been hit. Has happened while drunk and sober, alone and with friends

The smart Missle award is 'Complete CHAOS'. It spots all the letters for you. You still need to hit the target to start the MB.

So...I was a little off.

Here's what tilt says:
"Complete CHAOS - Awards five CHAOS letters, wrapping back to where your current lit letter was, and if it’s the CHAOS completion that starts multiball, it will also start (if it’s able to)."

#5183 1 year ago

Could the 'mode' be a light show, or some movement from the topper? That would be cool. If it really is DLC for the actual game, I think people are going to lose their damn minds.

#5257 1 year ago
Quoted from Andy_Chapman:

Hey Ectobar, I'd be keen to hear how you're getting on with your pitch after a few months play?
I'm also seeing a lot of people saying that the pitch for this game should be at 7°. I own a Pro model and my Manual clearly says that the Pin should be set at 6.5°, with the option of a steeper incline for more challenging play.
I had set my machine to 7°, until I gave it a fresh coat of wax and replaced the coil stops! Now it is playing crazy fast and causing issues with balls jumping off the T-Rex lane, airballs and clanking around the orbit, not to mention instadeath rebounds from most posts! I accept that some of these issues are due to inexperienced play =) (Could one of you kind gentlemen also point me at a guide to lowering my flipper power please!)
Questions:
1) Is 7° the recommended angle for the Premium/LE?
2) Is everyone saying 7° because they're experienced and prefer a tougher game?
3) Had people been experiencing issues with a 6.5° incline?

My Raptor Tower Ramp issue ended up being that it was assembled incorrectly. I posted some pictures of it. It's good to go now.

I think Elwin recommended 7° at some point. Steeper generally means less side to side action and this game is outlane hungry so I'm guessing that's why.

Adjusting flipper power is done through one of the adjustments screens. Don't be afraid to look around in there, you can't mess anything up that you can't recover from.

#5283 1 year ago

Scribbles or anyone else who has used some silicone lubricant for the jeep. Have you used it for anything else? I'm really just being a cheap ass about spending $6

#5336 1 year ago

Are the flipper bats on this title supposed to be dead centre with the holes, or slightly lower?

The lower flippers yes, the upper one no.

#5338 1 year ago

And left power should be 255, and 235 on the right?

That's up to you. All games play differently. If we both put or JPs next to each other, they would be different no matter how exactly we tried to set them up. Generally if you are getting air balls, turn the power down a little, otherwise as long as you can make the ramps, you're good to go. I believe I left my lower flippers at whatever the default was and have tried a couple different settings for the upper.

#5352 1 year ago

Still having issues making post passes due to these weak feeling flippers.
My Maiden and Batman pass with lots of power behind it.
You'll see this one barely makes it to the top of the other flipper while it's down. When I try to catch it on the right flipper, it either hits the tip and goes down the drain, or I hit it right into the slings.
Anyone know what I can do about this?

That sucks. You'll probably just have to buy a whole new machine.

#5415 1 year ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

What are my options?

Quoted from Cliffy:

get the playfield level first, dewax with alcohol and Naphtha, fill damage with clear nail polish, use Deco paint pen to fix key line, let cure a bit, clear polish again, done.

rest of that thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/extended-slot-protector-or-how-to-repair-a-chip-in-your-playfield

Quoted from ShooterMcD:

Is Stern likely to do anything about it

No.

#5442 1 year ago

I really doubt a new playfield would be sent for the one posted above. You can certainly try giving your distributor or Stern a call but if the answer is they send you a new playfield, are you really going to do a swap for that? I've never done a playfield swap but I'm going to guess it would take much much longer than the hour or so it would take to just fix that one spot on your current playfield.

#5454 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Can anybody give me ideas about how to fix the (non) spinning jeep? I looked through the thread and tried a few things, but the mechanism seems to bind and have a mind of its own.
It's the first NIB Stern that I have had to adjust a ton to get it to play properly. If the game wasn't so damn addicting...

This is one of the key posts:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/106#post-5683784

#5518 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Don't always flip at balls coming past the upper flipper

Blasphemy! Tower shots for life!

#5544 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

That was great advice about chilling on the upper flipper.

BOO!

#TeamTower will have you back any time

#5555 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does code have to be on 1.0 for topper to spot letters?

Latest code is 1.01
Why wouldn't you be running it?

#5557 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I will now. Been playing Elvira and STH
On .98 installed topper. So topper code is in update.

Show us the goats!

#5564 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So what is the difference between 1.0 and 1.01? My premium came Monday with 1.0 installed. I updated it yesterday to 1.01 and pkayed a bit last night. I didn't notice any difference.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Jurassic_Park-1_01_0-README_LE.txt

#5572 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

But the streak only awards points. Good, but nowhere near enough to warrant missing out on points available elsewhere.

You're going to sacrifice lives for points?! Come on man, rescue the people!

#5577 1 year ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

What are all the ways to light extra ball? Can it be lit more than 1 time in the same game?

"Extra Ball(s)

Five Extra Balls can be collected in this game, through the following methods:

Collecting 6 Rescues lights it at the right ramp

Successfully capturing the T-Rex instantly awards an Extra Ball

Smart Missile might instantly award an Extra Ball

Completing Fossil Set 2 instantly awards an Extra Ball

The fifth Super Supply Drop is an Extra Ball

Collect lit EB at the R ramp (light on sign above R ramp). If EB’s set to points, they score 15M (which can be doubled)."

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/

#5580 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

After reading your post I realized that I don't think replays have awarded extra balls on my machine. I just scrolled through the menu settings and saw it's set to "Auto (Factory Default)". I just changed it to "Dynamic" but won't have a chance to play it for awhile this evening. Will the Dynamic setting award a ball?

Nope.

Standard Adjustment #3: Needs to be set to Extra Ball

The Auto/Dynamic affects the point threshold of when you earn the replay, or eb if you have it set.

#5582 1 year ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Can you clarify the missle might award it? You mean no matter what you select for the missle award, there is a chance you could also light extra ball?

No, you have to select it and then make the shot. EB usually shows up in the 3rd option slot.

You should get in the habit of quickly cycling through the Smart Missle options once so you can see what your choices are.

#5585 1 year ago

From Tilt:

Smart Missile:
When the left inlane is lit for “Smart Missile”, the inlane up-post (ala Cactus Canyon) will hold the ball and call for a shot to the pops standup target. Once the Smart Missile is activated, you will have 3 seconds to choose what you want the Smart Missile to award using the action button to cycle through the awards; the award chosen when the timer goes to 0 will be given for a successful shot to the target, in addition to 10 million (+5m) for each successful Smart Missile launch. There are six possible choices, shown on the display in this order:

Choice 1

If Chaos Multiball is active or lit - Super Supply Drop - Awards the next item in the Super Supply Drop sequence.

Otherwise - Complete CHAOS - Awards five CHAOS letters, wrapping back to where your current lit letter was, and if it’s the CHAOS completion that starts multiball, it will also start (if it’s able to).

Choice 2

If you’re in a Paddock - Clear Paddock - captures the current dino and collects all remaining rescues for the paddock, adding them to both your rescue total and rescue streak.
Otherwise - Super Combos - Combos score 5x for the remainder of the ball.

Choices 3 and 4 - Two different awards from the following options, with the last two not available until some of the earlier options have been collected:

Rescues - +5 Rescues at first; collecting it can add +10 Rescues to the award pool. May not be a bad first option if you’re good at the Smart Missile shot, considering the +5 automatically relights it.

Raptor Multiball - Immediately starts Raptor Tri-Ball. This also counts as having gone through the regular sequence of lighting it, meaning you’ll start over at the next difficulty for the next RTB.

Extra Ball - Immediately awards an extra ball.Fossil - Spots a “wildcard” Fossil.

Super Escape - For the remainder of the ball, “Lite Escape” no longer needs to be qualified using the pops switch (ie, “Lite Escape” will always be flashing if “Escape” is not lit.)

Choice 5 -

During any Multiball and / or mode (Control Room / T-Rex) - 25 Million - I dunno… 

Otherwise - Invalid?? - Starts Invalid Frenzy immediately, without having to qualify and play all four Control Room modes. Scoring is the same as in the normal Invalid Frenzy and you can still enter your initials by getting a high enough score during this mode. Invalid Frenzy can only be chosen once per game; afterwards, it becomes 25 million. This option is disabled during competitive play. If Chaos Multiball is lit at the target, you can stack the two with a successful shot.

Choice 6 - Abort - selecting this award will deactivate the Smart Missile; you can relight it with two shots to the Truck.

#5609 1 year ago
Quoted from Gtrefraction:

I know there have been several posts about this previously but I wanted to share my experience with coil stops. I have played over 1000 games on my machine and check the stops for obvious signs of failure which didn’t seem to be the case. Tonight I was fed up with missing the S shot due to weak power and decided to replace the left flipper coil stop and clean the coil sleeve while I was at it. I will include a picture of the old and new coil stop for reference but immediately I could hit the S shot easily. I will replace the other coils stops another night but the right flippers don’t seem to need as much power and aren’t sticking or anything.
[quoted image]

On all 3 of mine, the center nub completely detached.

#5616 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I’m back on team tower, got better at hitting it more regularly.

Yeah boy!

Aside from being a super fun shot, it's also important.
15 Towers qualifies a Control Room mode. This is usually the one I have left to qualify Invalid.
25 gets you a fossil.
Need it for the 6 way combo which also gets you a fossil
And, again it's super fun.

#TeamTower!

1 week later
#5710 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I've checked connections but can't trigger it even with a solid push with my finger.

You are doing this in switch test mode?

#5732 1 year ago

Is it using the latest code?

1 week later
#5817 1 year ago

The Rex on my pro

20200713_210805 (resized).jpg
#5844 1 year ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

New code update doesn’t seem to exciting for Pro owners. Anyone update yet and loving the changes?

DNA combos are much more relevant now.

Not to mention an entirely new mini game option.

I'll be updating tonight

#5848 1 year ago
Quoted from gblack:

For those that updated. The restart by hold left flipper + start call outs don’t seem to be working. Anyone else?

Left flipper not needed.

I just tried three times, got "you are out of your mind" and "what do you think you're doing?" and "what's gotten into you?"

#5880 1 year ago

What game room is complete without some life sized animatronic dinos?!

https://www.ableauctions.ca/auction?aAuctionId=171d0697-356b-41c8-858b-fcc12a7d9ee4

#5984 1 year ago
Quoted from robey99:

I am still not able to make the tower ramp shot. I was able to file down the ramp screw and it definitely does not strike it. It still goes about halfway and comes down. Sounds like it is not smooth and rattles around a bit. Can someone send me a picture of where the ramp meets the assembly. I want to make sure mine is installed properly since I am not the original owner. Much appreciated.

Look through your tower. Can you see the wireform? If so, you're good. If not, the wireform is going into the ramp like mine was.
20200722_205020 (resized).jpg
Here is a before/after shot.
20200722_205145 (resized).jpg

#6000 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

2 small posts have pooling. these are just above splitter for outlane. low traffic area but will let my distributor know about it. Unless I should start the complaint now I'll take your advice on that.
3rd flipper post is tight 20 games in. but noticed 3rd flipper is slightly down 1/8" or a bit more from alignment hole.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your 3rd flipper alignment is fine, that's where it's supposed to be. If you find you really can't make the tower shot, then maybe try adjusting it, but I would leave it alone for now.

#6039 1 year ago
Quoted from kactussjack:

Tower Shot- Big thanks to Ectobar for the tip about the tower ramp install. Mine was installed incorrectly also. I have spent months adjusting the flipper, flipper strength, table angle, etc, without any success. Reinstalled the ramp and the difference was night and day. Hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere else.

When I finally removed the roof of the tower to actually get a look it was a great moment.

I would give your balls a good inspection. Depending upon how many shots you took, they could be in bad shape from hitting those habitrails like that.

#6123 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

The out lanes in this game are making it hard for me to continue calling myself a Christian after some of the things coming out of my mouth.

Embrace the Death Save.
Come to the dark side. You'll sleep like a baby.
#TeamDeathSave

#6129 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I wont deathsave on my games.....Usually.

I can live with these updated terms. I retract my thumbs down.

1 week later
#6192 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Looks like he is flashing someone, haha
[quoted image]

c2206b54bf5f55747eefa3fb1a532d6038e59dbc_1200x1200 (resized).jpg
#6199 1 year ago

Agreed, there will also be slight variances from the factory since these are hand assembled.
Can someone who has not moved their flippers from the factory setting, please take a photo from above, and also from the sides.
Thanks so much!

Can you make the shots?
If so, stop worrying about it. It doesn't matter. Your game isn't ever going to play exactly like anyone else's.

#6244 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

July 21 build: Green spring. Seems to be working 85-90% of the time, but I will be ordering the Orange from Stern. Also, obligatory game room photo:[quoted image]

That species of vermiform has been extinct since the cretaceous period. It shouldn't be there.

#6306 1 year ago

jacksparrow0112
When you buy a new coil stop, just buy 3 now. They are all likely going to fail. Best to have some on hand.

#6317 1 year ago
Quoted from jlock:

Personally I find O to be harder, but I agree the A is deceptively difficult and I routinely brick it at the worst moments. Between this one and its brother on IMDN, I am developing a complex about shooting right ramps. sk8ball living rent-free in my head and giving me twitchy left fingers.

I too have developed a phobia of right ramps.

You can avoid it on IMDN but you gotta find it in JP2. There are crazy points in the Pteranadon strat to be had.

1 week later
#6481 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

So if you aren't an ace player, and I'm not, I might be wise to start the mode rip the spinner 3 or 4 good times, and collect before I lose the ball

If you're not going for broke you should at least try to get the value up to 50mil to get the fossil.

#6504 1 year ago

Even when I'm on the doorstep of Escape Nublar, I still have like 2 fossils captured at best.

Fossils have nothing to do with WDRTE
Complete: SCR, MM, VC, EN. Still very difficult but it's not like IMDN where you need a near perfect game to get to RTTH

#6506 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Let's just say, he's won a Pinburgh Championship
snailman - Sure am looking forward to you kicking my butt on the regular again some day. I think I miss those monthly league days more than the actual tournaments.

Yeah, well in 2018 I played Snailman at Pinburgh and crushed him!
I went 7-5 in the round and he went 6-6. CRUSHED!*

*He still finished higher than me

#6508 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Why are you guys being so evasive about who you are and what your ranking is.... or do you just enjoy making people feel inferior on random websites?

"Random websites" is an interesting way to label the most heavily trafficked pinball website.

#6568 1 year ago
Quoted from robey99:

I have noticed on some pinball streams where they can lower the upper right flipper while holding the flipper button with the lower right flipper energized. Any suggestions on how that happens. Thanks.

https://funwithbonus.com/new-pinball-dictionary-stage-flipping/

3 weeks later
#6937 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question. Does Anyone actually like the Topper goat mode? I know it’s probably not worth it and doesn’t add anything to the game. But, is it fun? Or just a waste all in all?

Do you think anyone who bought it is going to say no?

#6938 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

The screw only holds down one side of the springsteel ramp entry flap. Remove it and affix the flap with a bit of mylar; problem solved.

Mod of the year!

I just did this. That screw is tough to get to, but I finagled it. 2 games in and shooting really nice. I was able to make the shot decently before, but early results are promising.

Which now has me thinking about the screws before the shooter lane u. Anyone pull them out?

#7022 1 year ago

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

What qualifies the 3rd control room? I know first Dino caught and raptor MB jackpot are the first two

Control room modes are lit by:

Catching your first dinosaur
Spelling CHAOS twice
Getting a Jackpot in Raptor Tri-Ball
15 tower shots

What qualifies the smart missile/super spinner inlane lights?

Lit Inlane Features

Light them via Rescues completed. If the Ankylosaurus has been captured, one less Rescue PER award is required. For example, if light inlanes is lit at 5 rescues and then 5 rescues after that (10 total), with the Easier Inlanes perk it would be lit at 4 rescues, then 4 rescues after that (8 total). Only one inlane will be lit a time – in the direction that the truck is facing. After you roll over the lit inlane, eventually turn the truck the other direction and your other inlane will be lit to claim the other reward, regardless of whether or not you successfully hit the spinner or the pops standup. Any uncollected lit inlane will be lost when you drain your ball.

What is the point of pteranodon attack? And what is the best strategy to score points?

Pteranodon Attack

Shoot the right ramp 4 times to start. Pteranodon Attack is a timed frenzy mode where all switches add 25K (+10K each subsequent Pteranodon mode) to an award collected at the right ramp, and can be rebuilt/re-collected while there’s time left in the mode. Each threshold of 12 switches adds a multiplier to your next award, and resets only when you collect a Pteranodon award at the R ramp. When the mode times out (or if you drain), the multiplier carries over to the next Pteranodon Attack, but not the award value – meaning it might be a good idea to focus on building up the multiplier for the first Pteranodon Attack instead of trying to collect the award. Note: the Amber Frenzy timer will not pause in the pops nor during game stoppages such as mode introductions.

#7061 1 year ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

So my wire from rattles like crazy off the metal guide. Even the music makes it rattle. Any quick fixes?
[quoted image]

My wire form doesn't touch the guide like yours does. You can reposition the wire form. Loosen the couple screws that hold it in place, slightly reposition and tighten the screws back down.

#7144 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

is there a rule/gameplay sheet?

- Start paddock
- Rescue people
- Set traps
- Fuel helicopter
- Capture dino
...repeat until game ends

While doing that:
- Spell CHAOS
- Hit the jeep captive ball
- Shoot the raptor pen

1 week later
#7333 1 year ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

One thing, i don't know why, but my machine doesn't make skill shots, i pass the ball into the left ramp (T-Rex) but active the staff rescue, any ideas what can happened?

You probably have a switch stuck closed.
Go into switch test mode and see if anything is closed.
If not, while in test mode, hit the playfield with your palm a couple times and see if anything registers.

4 weeks later
#7823 1 year ago
Quoted from palmab03:

What is the timer on combos?

I don't believe there is one. Similar to IMDN, as long as you don't hit an errant switch, you're good.

There is a light indicator as well. From the code readme:
"- Combos - Added combo indicator (red flasher above 2x target) that pulses while combo is active"

#7831 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I am on V1.03.0 and did a factory reset. DNA combo extraball is set to 8 and it also says thats factory setting.
And why is Tilt Debounce set back from 1000ms to 750 now?
So could anyone check the DNA extraball setting for me? [Feature Adjustment #7]

Just updated.

PXL_20201105_202111026 (resized).jpg
#7851 1 year ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

The carbon fiber has an adhesive back. I let Cliff know it worked he can make more contact him @ passionforpinball.com

This looks fine but removing the screw and putting down some mylar is basically free and just as effective

2 weeks later
#8172 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I recently put the blades on myself with help from a friend. I don't see easy way of putting these on with the pf still in the game. We removed the pf since it's pretty easy with two people. Highly recommend going this route if you can get some help. You only need to disconnect a few connectors and snip a few cable ties. I stuck mine a little further back. I did not have to remove flipper washers but did have to remove bracket thing in the back. Best to cut out decal before you peel it off the paper so you can hold it up against game to see where you will place it.

I've installed blades twice. Once I just manoeuvred around the lifted playfield, the other time I had a friend help remove the playfield. While removing the playfield was certainly better, I now think it's still crazy town. I saw a local op use the soapy water method and install blades himself on a pin with just a lifted playfield. Took him under 10 minutes. I think this is best choice for most people.

Here's a discussion thread with some other options as well but this is the post you want:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/easiest-method-for-art-blades-install

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You can use painters tape much the same way that clamps were used-
But really the soapy water is the best way to go. Lay the decal down face down on the carpet, remove the backing and spray it lightly with the soapy stuff, then use your hand to spread it around the entire decal so you have the layer of soap film on the whole thing. Installing it is super easy, no need to remove the playfield. You install it vertically, moving it as needed to get good alignment. then once it is in the right spot just use a towel or roller to adhere it fully.
I've done it once with help, once by myself

#8301 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

After finally reaching the visitor center, been toying around with the the other aspects of the game:
T-REX modes - started 3 of them, multiball, chase, and rampage. Then the Jeep flips didn’t do anything to advance this any more. What needs to happen between the 3rd T-REX mode and Museum Madness?
Thanks!

There are 4 TRex modes and then Museum. All started the same way. Hit truck to spell T-REX then shoot the ramp to start.

1 week later
#8502 12 months ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I searched but didn't find anything....so now I ask. Has anyone noticed a delay in the callouts in between modes or sequence changes? Maybe it's normal...
For example...let's say U have T-Rex all lit up...and then I drain a ball shortly thereafter. The ball drain music starts and the display moves on...but then I hear the "shoot the left ramp" callout over top of everything else. Completely delayed. Is this normal? Version 1.00.0 Sys 2.44.0 OS 2.00.17. Thanks!

1.03 is the latest code. Update your pin.

1 month later
#9001 10 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Speaking of ball hangups, is there a quick and easy way to keep balls from getting stuck under the truck? It used to be minor annoyance but becoming very common on my game.

Could probably put one of these bumpers under it.

Screenshot_20210109-112050 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#9289 10 months ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

Finally made it into the Billion Club. Curious, if you hit double scoring before entering into Vistor Center, will it give you 2 x all your achievement bonuses (like Stern Star Trek)?

No

1 month later
#9712 9 months ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

How do you earn a fossil for the Feed Trex mode? I thought it was from 2 SJPs, but I haven’t been awarded one the last couple of times I’ve hit the second jackpot.

I don't think you can. I think it would be better if you could though. Currently I definitely don't sweat it if it times out. Would be better if there was some pressure to get a fossil.

2 months later
#10511 6 months ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I'm already aware that the downvoter who hates JP movie content will downvote this but wanted to share for those who aren't haters and actual JP franchise fans.

I downvoted you for crying about getting downvotes.

#10523 6 months ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I had a question about the game being "too linear". A complaint I've heard a few times about this title.
I understand that their is not much choice for the order of the paddocks, so I can see the path for those being somewhat linear. However, once you are in a paddock, are the park employee movements and the dinosaur movements random or do they always follow the same path?
This game looks great to me but I am not a fan of linear rulesets (eg: Roadshow). Does JP feel like Roadshow in this way or is it more randomized than that?

Employee and Dinos are random.

I think this comes down to how good of a player are you? If you're good, you will get through a lot of this game all the time and it can feel linear. Most games end up feeling the same. If you're not so great a player, you could pick some different things to focus on per game.

I think it's a great game, but it is linear. The game literally ends. With the exception of Chaos and Raptor MB, you can only play everything once. Someone previously stated that it feels more like a board game than pinball, and I agree.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside