(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

76 days ago

Topic Stats

• 2,184 posts
  • 306 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by WizardsCastle
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 383 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191016_214044 (resized).jpg
15710958159767743544006814181020 (resized).jpg
15710956728905267595332833780067 (resized).jpg
15710956442566931538554539045655 (resized).jpg
15710956230783103893975899486259 (resized).jpg
15710955836258381530848738616066 (resized).jpg
20191014_135438 (resized).jpg
20191014_134718 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20191014_135330 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191012_142202 (resized).jpg
71902437_10157777389140555_4379022297063751680_o (resized).jpg
72810002_10157777392590555_325285610224877568_o (resized).jpg
72821934_10157777387825555_4383925221275467776_o (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20191012_003601 (resized).jpg
20190922_131419 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (56 days ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (55 days ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (55 days ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (54 days ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (53 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#941 48 days ago

Joined the club! Through some quick pinsider magic, got one today.

Had an unfornately long computer battle to get it updated. I eventually beasted it out and won the war of progress bars.

Only ended up getting a couple games in but I'm obviously loving it.

Getting a lot of raptor tower ramp rejects and my plunger is too weak to consistently plunge its ramp. Going to investigate those tomorrow. (any pointers?)

Otherwise I'm really looking forward to figuring out the game. Certainly wasn't expecting to get a new game today but it's looking like it's going to be a fun holiday weekend. Took off tomorrow. Coffee and dinos are on the breakfast menu.

#944 48 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

My owners manual says the game should come with an "orange tension spring" in the plunger. However my machine has a green spring. That's 2 stages weaker than orange...... looks like we may just need stiffer springs??
Edit: you mean your flipper is too weak to get up the raptor pen ramp? Or your plunger is too weak to get up to the helipad on ball launch?

I did briefly look at the plunger. I have a green spring as well. Full plunge barely makes it up the 180 ramp. Not very consistent at all. The other pro I played this was basically a gimmie.

As for the side ramp, I don't think it's a power thing. I managed to make it a couple times, but also had a lot of solid shots that seemed like that should be good get rejected. Could certainly be I haven't really found the shot yet, but I’m still going to give it a look.

#983 47 days ago
Quoted from Blu:

While I agree that the secret skills shots are valuable, they don’t hold a candle to the awesome feeling of hitting that 3rd combo of the standard skill shot. I can’t think of another game that has a skill shot that feels that good.

I agree. I imagine some more valuable secrets will get into the game, but as of now the 3 combo skill shot is great.

Unfortunately the Raptor Pen ramp is very difficult to hit for me still. I adjusted the upper flipper a little today. When I got it, it wasn't aligned exactly to the center of the whole. Centered it, and sadly didn't seem to have much effect.

Took the plunger apart as well. I think my plunger is either slightly bent, or possible needs to be sanded flush. Definitely feeling some friction. Certainly doesn't plunge as smooth as any of my other pins. I think the orange spring would still get me to the promised land though. Probably going to order one soon.

In code/design thought. While catching some dinos yesterday, a friend pointed out the fact that you don't need to cycle inlanes or top lanes. Really appreciating that fact now. I'm not against that play mechanic, but this is a welcomed change of pace.

#996 46 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

o some basic rules? I’m kind of just flailing away. Seems like a fun game, tons of shots. High score so far is about 450 mil.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

Keith also has several posts in that thread with tips.

#1072 45 days ago

"Control room modes are lit by:

- Catching your first dinosaur
- Spelling CHAOS twice
- Starting raptor MB
- 15 tower shots"

If you want to see the 4th mode which I assume is a mini wizard mode, you need to incorporate some raptors into your strategy.

I'm not actually sure it's coded yet though. I've completed the main 3, but was never able to start the 4th because I haven't even gotten close to 15 tower shots.

#1192 41 days ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Got to visitors center as well, it’s not there.
Keith Elwin replied “go the long way for now”
However that is achieved...

I'm assuming he means play more of the middle Dino modes so it takes longer to get to the Visitors Center. I've made it there a few times now and you're basically stuck at that point.

Keith has mentioned that you will eventually have to escape the park. Sounded like you will have to go back through the dinos and scoring and or difficulty will be determined by how many people you didn't rescue.

#1357 36 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I believe Springate is real as well...should it be orange? Mine shipped green

Keith responded to me about it on Tilt, but he was wearing his Stern employee hat. The response was green or orange should be fine.

I have gotten an orange one but haven't swapped it out yet

#1372 36 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Have any strategies to share besides "play better"

Right now my main strategy is to try and get King of the Island mb going. It's worth a lot and the intro is pretty damn cool. You have to capture the Spinosaurus, and then it's started at the left ramp. Generally I try to make right for her, but in my best game where where I got a little over 1B, I also captured TRex. Only slight problem right now is KotI start doesn't take precedence over the next paddock start (Keith said this would be changed). Along the way get CHAOS mb going and you'll put up some nice points.

#1374 36 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Are we checking our playfield angle? In general, I see significantly more talk about solenoid power and spring strength adjustments than I do playfield pitch. Obviously, once it is at the right pitch, then it's all about springs and solenoids. But I figured I'd ask the obvious question first.

I certainly have. Not so much because of the launch though. My Tower ramp is still brick city. I've staring to avoid it except on the skill shot, which is kind of making me sad. I initially had my game at about 7.1° I'm currently down to about 6.8° and that has definitely made the tower slightly better to hit, but it's still a bear (or a raptor ). Probably going to get it down to 6.5° soon.

Anyway, there has been basically no difference in the launch rejects along the journey. I've also primarily been using the center button, which while definitely more consistent, still gets some rejects. People have mentioned adjusting the U ramps, but I gave them both a decent look and it's not really apparent how I could adjust either of them. Would definitely appreciate some insight from anyone who has adjusted them.

#1409 35 days ago
Quoted from wlf_:

In fairness, that was literally his response... green or orange should be fine. His answer didn't really ring of corporate-speak to me. I could have been misreading though

My comment was mostly in jest. As it seems most of the games are coming with green but the manual says orange, I'm sure this place would have lost their shit if he came out and said orange.

#1410 35 days ago
Quoted from pickleric:

All Modes - allow both flipper skip of all mode intros that hold the ball

Thank you pinball gods!

1 week later
#1631 26 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Thanks for the info! Very much appreciated. Looking forward to get my premium. Trying to gather as much intel about the game and it’s glitches before I receive my pin.

Mine came with it not aligned to the guide hole. Same for the one on location I play. I think the bigger concern is the tower shot. My recommend is don't adjust anything until you play it some and see how many rejects you get from the tower. I have adjusted that flipper a couple of times now and in the end it's back off center where it came from the factory because I get slightly less tower rejects.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside