(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 4 years ago

Brass looks amazing to me!

3 months later
#2997 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

New body armor on my JP pro![quoted image]

Man, rough crowd down in Florida!

2 weeks later
#3221 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

It was me that brought up the question initially. It is crazing, and some of my inserts look just like what you

posted. I'm still learning these sorts of details as I'm getting deeper into the hobby and didn't know crazing is somewhat normal.
JP is my first NIB table, and with the other reported JP playfield issues combined with not seeing this on my other two tables, I was concerned this was a bigger issue than it really is. I'm a player, not a collector, I'm just doing my best to take care of my pins and learning as I go...

Crazing can occur from the belt sander that is used before the playfield is printed (Mirco) or silk screened (CGC). It varies between games and is annoying but not a problem mechanically.

1 week later
#3336 4 years ago

I’ve played the Pre a lot and really like the raptor gate and Trex head. I’d love an LE but NIB is not really an option for a fair price, concerned about losing the warranty huo, and the Pre is basically the same thing for a lot less. My main concern now is whether they have finally fixed the playfield clear problem or should I wait longer? Sorry to ask, but I had a JJPOTC with this issue.

#3343 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I'm not being sarcastic, but in what way is the T-Rex phenomenal? It "eats" the ball, moves around a bit and puts the ball on a ramp. Besides the lackluster implementation and the big box for a neck, I guess I don't understand.
And as of right now, the raptor pit is a lot different, but again, it's implementation is more of a secondary objective at this point than a main one.
This game as amazing, but everything amazing about this game is in the pro version. The premium is better, and I went premium because I think this game is that good, but I don't think I'd ever recommend someone go premium over pro on this one.
Genuinely asking, not trying to shit on your post.

That's interesting from a Pre owner. Do you prefer the flow on the Pro? No stop and go with the Trex head stationary and the raptor pit different? I think the Trex head is very cool, but can see why some don't care.

1 week later
#3461 4 years ago

Has anyone done a raptor mod on the slingshots like the Alien face-huggers, that jump when the sling fires? The Tilt topper looks amazing-when is the Stern one expected?

#3494 4 years ago
Quoted from Jolt:

I’ve got one for mine. I actually have subs for all 8 of my games, and I can tell you hands-down the best game to have this I’ve come across to have a sub is JP. It literally sounds like the helicopter is landing in your living room and when the T. rex is walking around it really comes alive. I can’t recommend another mod more than a sub for this game. Some games doesn’t really help, in this case, it’s needed.

Is the pinwoofer system better than connecting a Polk subwoofer?

7 months later
#6605 3 years ago

Are the newer playfields still showing pooling and chipping? I’m considering a Pre. I’ve lost track of the progress on this and thought I’d just ask here. Thanks for any input.

#6616 3 years ago

Sounds like a mixed bag. I wonder if older playfields were being used still in early June...

#6638 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

video clips custom code up and running!!!

Amazing, great work!

1 week later
#6770 3 years ago

I’m in! August 19th build, clear looks great. Love it!

5A0C5827-9097-4132-85A8-83FB69D6FCAD (resized).jpeg5A0C5827-9097-4132-85A8-83FB69D6FCAD (resized).jpegED05A215-C949-4406-B81D-E8739B0E08C9 (resized).jpegED05A215-C949-4406-B81D-E8739B0E08C9 (resized).jpegB33E1C8C-179B-4AB0-B812-92E60204A588 (resized).jpegB33E1C8C-179B-4AB0-B812-92E60204A588 (resized).jpeg
2 years later
#18587 7 months ago

Looks fantastic, the red definitely has a copper tinge to it, art looks great but not foil printed. Has an IMDNLE feel to it with the colors. The TRex was moving his head “no no no” until I calibrated it, and the spinner lane rattled into the bumpers until I loosened the screws under the playfield and pushed the lane divider to the left. Playfield is excellent, no wood grain, clear is smooth.

IMG_4017 (resized).jpegIMG_4017 (resized).jpegIMG_4019 (resized).jpegIMG_4019 (resized).jpegIMG_4022 (resized).jpegIMG_4022 (resized).jpegIMG_4011 (resized).jpegIMG_4011 (resized).jpeg
#18609 7 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No. It’s really not on the “old pins”

Yeah it was on the old pins as well, you always had to adjust unless you randomly got one that didn't need it. Whatever you say, this 30th is gorgeous. It sucks for owners that the LEs went down in value $5k from a year ago, but I was never going to buy one at that level.

#18611 7 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

General question: is the trex ramp deceivingly clunky for everyone else too? Like it’s a an easy shot but I find that I get a lot of rejects there if it’s not pretty close to perfect. Not sure if it’s just my game or pretty common in general and there’s no where else close to me with it to compare
Edit: not talking about the trex eating the ball, just the regular ramp shot

Just read your post more carefully. The ramp shot is smooth and flows as well as any I've played. Mine is set to maximal incline, not sure about other levels. Tweaking games is part of the fun. I remember how much time was spent on making the IMDN loop smooth from the shooter lane.

#18612 7 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who cares about value. YOU overpaid
It sucks for you now doesn’t it?
And NO adjustment necessary.

I am very happy to get the 30th regardless of whether it goes up in value or down. Just like 20 years ago when I started in the hobby. The markets will adjust and correct things where needed. So no, it doesn't suck at all. *removed*

With Stern's new approach, people are getting more chances, like it or not.

#18615 7 months ago

You also lost many people money back in the Magic Girl days, that hasn't been returned to those guys.

#18616 7 months ago

You also lost many people money back in the Magic Girl days, that hasn't been returned to those guys.

Quoted from iceman44:

I feel for you. Pathetic

Ice, better do some self reflection. Perhaps learn to play pinball.

#18618 7 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. Wtf are you talking about.
I never had a MG.
The people that got MG received it on our $$$ that funded Raza.
Pitiful

Yeah, not so much. People took your advice. That money is gone. Adios!

#18620 7 months ago

Correction, RAZA. But you are ignoring me now, which is great! That is a huge club.

#18623 7 months ago

Sorry, I was tired of the usual late evening bs and said something. Back to the game!

2 months later
#19957 4 months ago

These look fantastic on the slingshots!

IMG_4969 (resized).jpegIMG_4969 (resized).jpegIMG_4981 (resized).jpegIMG_4981 (resized).jpegIMG_4986 (resized).jpegIMG_4986 (resized).jpeg
#19996 4 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

Where did you find these?

Joe makes them, here is a link to the thread. The detail is top notch, custom painted, definitely not a dollar tree mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jurassic-park-slingshot-dino-mods

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inver Grove Heights, MN
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 49.99
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=dts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.