(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirkdiggler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3387 4 years ago

When the game was first released I played a few quick games and came away just meh. Found one yesterday and put about 15 games on it. Gotta say this game is a blast to play. Have no clue really what to do. Multiballs seem to happen randomly. So many shots from all the flippers. The one I was playing had a weak left flipper but still found most of the shots satisfying. The first 4 or 5 games I sucked big time but started to click after that. Averaged around 100 mil per game. Had one 400 mil game and got Raptor Tri-ball champ but no high score. Last game was my best and got high score #4 with 448 mil.

I'm going to go back and play it today and have a few questions. What area should I attack/shoot for first? Can multiballs be stacked? And during multiballs, after hitting the jackpots and super jackpots do you have to clear the chaos letters? And is the shot right of the truck and left of the ramp doable? The only way I hit the target was from the bumpers or was it designed that way?

Thanks guys. Super jealous of you owners Great game!

2 years later
#15629 1 year ago

HELP

Got a quick question as a new owner of a JP pro. How do I update the code? Do I download the code to a USB stick, SD card or something else? Aug 2020 build that is currently on 1.02

Thanks

#15632 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

These are the instructions from the readme file (previously Stern provided an entire image that you could load directly onto the SD card but it doesn't look like that is an option any more)
Update instructions - Games connected to Stern Insider Connected:
1 - Open the coin door and press the black/enter button to enter Test Mode.
2 - Using the 4 buttons on the coin door, navigate to the Stern Insider Connected Setup menu.
3 - Using the 4 buttons on the coin door, navigate down to the Software Update menu.
4 - If a software update is available, this page will give you the option to
download and install it manually. From this menu you can also select to install these
updates automatically.
Update instructions - All Games:
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open the folder, copy the file(s) to the root level of a FAT32 formatted
USB stick. (Do not copy the folder.)
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

Could they make it anymore difficult? Why not a instructional video like they used to have? I last updated a star trek in 2016 and it was pretty straight forward. I'm computer illiterate and have no clue on zipping and moving files or even what USB stick I have. Guess I'll start there. Find out if I need a new USB stick, turn on the laptop and go from there.

#15635 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

That looks fantastic!

The free play card is a little disturbing

#15657 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:I’m a new pinball player and was wondering if this game might be too hard for me ?
Is it good for newbies or better leave it for the more experienced
I just got a Godzilla and it’s hard for me I heard JP is harder

I've been playing pinball at least 35 years, consider myself a above average player and this is by far the hardest game I've owned, albeit playing on a old code. I already know the wife and few non pinball friends who stop by will not appreciate it after 2 days of playing it. If I'm bricking a tonne of shots, newbs are going to do the same.

#15661 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I have GZ and a few others but I have really wanted to pickup JP. Maybe in 2023 when they run them again. Crazy I can’t find a used one anywhere.

Too bad we weren't closer. I think I'm going to try and trade mine for hopefully a Metallica or AIQ. Longshot would be a Godzilla!

Hey I see your in Colorado. My wife and are very kind and up for a road trip anytime

#15687 1 year ago

Imdn or JP?

Not sure JP is for me. Zero attachment to theme (never seen any movies) while Maiden was one of my favorite bands growing up. Metallica and AC/DC are my favorite games so kinda leaning towards IMDN but any time I've played maiden on location I just throw my money away. I never have a good game it seems. Will it be the same at home?

#15711 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I have a raptor tri-ball question. I’ve had my game for about a year now and have NEVER gotten raptor tri-ball.
I’ve read the rules and I took the glass off tonight to make sure the targets are registering (I have a pro). They are. Hitting them scores points but does not seem to do anything towards capturing a raptor. I am using the movie code 1.3 version, would this have anything to do with it? I can’t figure out why the targets are registering but nothing is progressing towards capturing raptors or getting the tri-ball.
Any ideas?

Hey my favorite covid thread doc!

I picked up a pro recently running on 1.02 code and the raptor pen did nothing. I thought something was wrong also. Had the playfield up and checking connectors and wires. If I did the wizard code challenge the targets work fine to refuel but nothing during the regular game. Did a code update to 1.07 yesterday and now the gate/pen works amazing. The raptor multiball is awesome. I can't believe the previous owner never updated the code. A major part of the game is missing. Loving it now.

#15746 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Still trying to join club. Anyone with a loaded JP pro near MD/DE that wants to join Godzilla club and trade for a loaded pro send me a pm

Wish I was closer.

#15753 1 year ago

Best game yet. Made it to the visitor center. This game is a blast

20230103_151851.jpg20230103_151851.jpg
#15772 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:I would strongly consider a pro and add the Mezel Mods tower, raptor pen with raptor, helicopter spinner, shaker, mirror or art blades and some speaker lights and call it a day.

What's the helicopter spinner? I recently picked up a stock pro with cliffy shooter lane protector. Thinking of ordering wizardmod art blades, a shaker and some lit flipper buttons (hate the white buttons) and probably that cool looking raptor pen mod

#15783 1 year ago

I found this hologram card in a drawer today. Have no idea where it came from but it works until I get some cards printed

20230105_144713.jpg20230105_144713.jpg20230105_144816.jpg20230105_144816.jpg
#15796 1 year ago

Not sure how I got to Secure Control room but that was intense. Secured 3 rooms. Drained on that super tight shot right of the right ramp.

#15797 1 year ago

2 questions for anyone willing to help.

How do you light control room a second and/or third time? I know the 1st one is lit after completing the first paddock.

How do you light the rescue target/timer?

Thanks

#15800 1 year ago

I'm just going to assume I completed all 3 control rooms to make it to Secure Control Room? Should have payed closer attention

1 week later
#15905 1 year ago

Just had my best t-rex multiball

20230118_153842.jpg20230118_153842.jpg
#15930 1 year ago

I just discovered yesterday that you can change the smart missile reward. Wondering what you guys usually choose? Not that I hit it very often. Truck always seems to be on right direction and I brick the shot. However it is very satisfying to occasionally slip one thru

#15932 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Depends, but when available I try to go Raptor MB, that will light another control room
And then Extra ball when available.
If I am in TRex padock, I'll go for clear padock.

I did get a raptor mb yesterday. Tried the clear paddock when I just started a paddock but missed of course. Haven't seen a extra ball option yet.

#15935 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

BTW the grace timer is very generous on this shot. You can make the shot right up until the fail animation has ended. So this means as it's telling you that you failed, you can still make the shot. I do that often.

I sometimes aim to flip the truck and hope the ball falls back to flippers in time to get a second shot at the smart missle.

#15941 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I usually pick +5 Rescues. This then lights EB on the right ramp and also re-lights Smart missile. Then I pick EB. I usually don't get both but it does happen on the rare occasion. Lets you stack 2 EB early on.

I actually pulled this off yesterday. Was very satisfying but i was off on my game and wasted both EBs. Ha

#15952 1 year ago

It's been a couple weeks now on 1.7 code. My grand champ is just over 900 mil and HS#4 is 650 mil. I'd say average game is 300 to 400 mil. Now that I discovered the changing smart missile and 2nd EB, I image I'll crack a billion soon.

I find good scores are games where I get the 2x going during control rooms, multiballs and dino events. Unfortunately I outlane drain right after getting 2x scoring more often then not.

#15983 1 year ago

2nd time visiting the visitor center. 1st time i cracked a billion. Earned a second EB from smart missle

20230128_134933.jpg20230128_134933.jpg
#15995 1 year ago

I made it again to visitors center today but only finished with 800 million. No fossils, low rescues and DNA.

Can someone help explain DNA combos? Thanks

#16003 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Thanks. It gives the ball a bit more clearance to make the helipad shot. If I don’t hold it up it can sometimes just nick that upper flipper enough that it slows the momentum down and won’t make it all the way around the ramp.

Thanks so much. I'm now converted. I held up the right flipper tonight after watching your video and hit 6 helipad shots in a row.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

12,000 (OBO)
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirkdiggler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=dirkdiggler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.