(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,324 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deyanks98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8797 3 years ago

Joined the JP Premium club a week ago. Man love this pin. So much to learn though and wow reading through twenty three pages of rules is going to take sometime. Have a few questions. What do you guys do for extra lighting on the left side of the game? Noticed it's a bit dark on that side. Also my apron on the left and right side have lights under them which is really cool. Are those a mod of some sort as I wouldn't mind adding them to my other pins?

#8799 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For lighting you can either choose PinStadium lights (Omegas are what I have) or do your own DIY spotlights. The apron triangles are factory backlit on Prem/LE (don't know about Pro).

Ok cool I have a Premium so that explains the triangles being lit. Will it be the same on the AIQ Premium as well? I'll definitely check out the PinStadium lights. Thanks.

#8887 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Finally got grand champion tonight. This game was totally kicking my butt so I dialed down the sling power some and had my best game ever. The slings would just drive the ball down the outlanes over and over.

I have that same problem. What did you set your slings to?

#9011 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just got my Pinball Life headphone/volume control installed and it works great! Definitely a great value vs. the other options (https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html). I set it up to control the external volume when no headphones are connected, and when headphones are connected if mutes the speakers and the volume knob controls the headphone volume. The knob has a nice quality feel with a light clicking as you turn the dial.
I also got the knocker installed. That was more of a bear than I expected only because you have to reach deep into the back of the cabinet to screw things down. I was able to find the settings to disable the audible knocker and to enable the physical one, and I just figured out how to test it (coil test #33). Wow! That will make you jump when it fires!
Finally, even though I have an orange shooter rod spring, I decided to buy a silver/gray one which is a few steps up in strength. By feel, I don't really notice much of a difference, but thus far it has performed more reliably than the orange one I had, and most definitely better than green.
[quoted image]

Pinball Lifes speaker head phone kit is great as I have them on all my Sterns now. Just having the ability to adjust the volume on the outside is a plus. Also playing with headphones on is pretty cool. Many times I hear things I didn’t pick up on before. Question where’d you get that sticker you put on the coin door? Wouldn’t mind adding one to mine.

#9071 3 years ago

Question how do you clear a ball stuck in TRex's mouth? About 20% of the time during TRex multiball he doesn't spit the ball out and when I lose the current ball it never clears from his mouth even during a ball search. I fiddled around in the settings but didn't see anything specific for that. Thanks in advance.

#9081 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is the one I bought: amazon.com link »
To mount, I used music wire: amazon.com link »

Nice do you have a picture with this on your pin? I might give this a go even with my limited technical skills.

#9085 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Mine is painted in the likeness of the one on the game's art (thanks to pinball_gizzard).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/179#post-6059089
I basically drilled a tiny hole on his underside (up his bottom, so to speak), then superglued the wire in. Bent to shape with a loop on the other end and screwed down on post.

Thanks that looks great.

#9144 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I pity the fool that doesn't install custom T-molding!
[quoted image]
Seriously, my order of 3/4" yellow t-molding from http://t-molding.com just arrived today, so I was excited to get it installed. This is my first pin that utilizes t-molding, and I wanted to spruce up the black that came standard on my premium. For my setup, yellow was the obvious choice, but there are a variety of colors to choose from. I ordered the minimum 20 feet of t-molding as this was enough to do one pin with some extra. Actually, you need about 6-1/2 to 7 feet of t-molding per side (this allows for several inches extra when installing).
Given this was the first time I've ever done any t-molding work, I thought I'd document and share the process. To begin with, on the DIY difficulty scale from 1 to 10, I would put this at a 3. You need to know a couple of techniques, have the right tools, and be aware of a couple of things to achieve the perfect t-molding install.
1 - While you may choose to use a different tool for cutting, the tools I used included flush cutters and a rubber mallet (I put tape over the ends so I'd be hitting the t-molding with a clean surface).
[quoted image]
2 - Begin by removing the old t-molding from both sides. In my case this was easily done, so I was careful not to damage the molding in case I ever wanted to re-install it for whatever reason. Start by finding the joint located in the middle of the underside either sideboard. Just using your hands (no tools required), pull down on the edges of the t-molding to pull it away from the groove. Once the end is free, simply follow this process around the full perimeter until the t-molding is fully removed. Be careful and take your time when doing this so as not to damage the board. You should pull the t-molding away from the board in a perpendicular fashion. Also, when removing the current molding, be careful not to let it fall and kink or you will create a bad looking spot in the plastic and will not want to reuse it.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
3 - On a table or the floor, stretch out the new t-molding strip inline with the old so that you know how long of a piece to cut off. I added about 6" extra just in case I messed up an end and so that I could cut the finished in exactly to the correct length. Use your cutters to trim off the new length. Again, align one of the ends of your new piece with an old piece and notice the position of the first notch a few inches from the end. Use your cutters and cut a parallelogram shaped notch in the same location (see next bullet).
4 - To install, position the t-molding on the underside edge so that the notch aligns with the front bottom corner. Use your rubber mallet to tap the t-molding fully and evenly into the slot. Again, "tap" don't pound or hit forcefully. You want to gently tap the full length of the molding to ensure that it is fully seated in the groove and has an even and consistent feel as your run your hand over the length of it. To round the corner, tap the t-molding with the hammer in one hand as you stretch it around the corner with the other. Continue to insert and tap the t-molding in a little at a time as you work around the entire board (i.e. don't insert the t-molding partially all the way around then tap as you will create kinks and high spots doing it this way). As you approach a corner, assess where the groove position will need to be, user your cutters to create it, then proceed until you reach the starting point of the t-molding at bottom-center.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
5 - When you get to the end, fully tap the t-molding in and overlap with the starting point. Now user your cutters to trim the plastic in the exact spot needed so as to create a joint that butts together without a gap.
[quoted image]
6 - Repeat the same process on the other side, then stand back and admire the custom look of your new t-molding installation.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Remeber - just "tap it in"!

Yellow looks really good on this now that I see it after you finished with it. Thanks for all the details as I got yellow Tmolding for my Avengers Premium but after seeing this might give this a go on my JP Premium as well. I’ll definitely keep your instructions handy as I’m not a real hands on type so the more info I have the better.

1 week later
#9398 3 years ago

I’m in as well.

1 month later
#9807 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

$7 set of jungle trees and a $8 raptor adds a lot of visual appeal and scale.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have Pinstadium lights as your pin looks nice and bright? I need to order something and I’m leaning that way.

1 week later
#9985 3 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Joining the club in a few weeks w/ a premium. It will be my first NIB, and I’m wondering what people recommended doing before (or shortly after) the first game.
I have a shaker motor, amber shooter rod, and Cliffy protectors on the way. If you don’t feel like clogging up this thread I’m happy to discuss through private messages. Any and all advice is welcome!

Who'd you order the Amber shooter rod from?

1 week later
#10114 3 years ago

I know there’s a lot of options out there for GI lighting but could you guys recommend some bulbs to replace my dimly lit ones with as I’d like to try that route first before I’d go Pinstadiums. White ones are fine I just need something a lot brighter then the crap bulbs that are currently in there. Thanks.

#10116 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hmmm...I like the frosted warm white that comes stock. Have you checked your GI brightness setting in the menu?

Yes I have. Pretty sure it’s at 255 if I recall.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bend, OR
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deyanks98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=deyanks98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.