(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

82 days ago

Topic Stats

• 2,292 posts
  • 319 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 141 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 404 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6C07BCAE-1E9B-4446-AADC-E805F229BAAB (resized).jpeg
2840890B-1836-40C7-9B0D-CAF74B25F387 (resized).jpeg
20191023_111012 (resized).jpg
20191023_110347 (resized).jpg
20191023_111202 (resized).jpg
jp_rod (resized).jpg
IMG_0610 (resized).jpg
IMG_0609 (resized).jpg
IMG_0608 (resized).jpg
IMG_0611 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191021-194816_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191021-194732_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
14F0E818-B54D-4D6E-9A19-4C7CFE321F66 (resized).jpeg
8461D586-B457-48ED-B650-CE9259877649 (resized).jpeg
63AD3352-A086-4AB6-B798-B0C3ADC4FEB0 (resized).jpeg
3AA0FE26-9BD1-4247-A7A6-CF3CA4FB635D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (62 days ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (62 days ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (62 days ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (61 days ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (60 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davijc02.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 76 days ago

Just dropped my deposit down on the pro today. I wrestled with getting the premium but that would seriously limit further pin purchases right away and the pro looks great anyway.

#98 76 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

They hunt in pairs, right?[quoted image]

Where did you get these? Definitely gonna need to pick some up

#109 75 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I am usually not a mod-guy but really think I am going to love this pin and will be looking for some molded mods to make it a little more special

Mods for this game are going to be great!

2 weeks later
#380 61 days ago

Just unboxed my game tonight and I’m loving it so far. Right ramp and right orbit are tough shots though.

#414 61 days ago

The animations serve the game well and don’t bother me.

I do hope for some cleland magic for custom sounds though

#415 61 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Yes, but the Shooter Rod is now $139.00...

Glad I placed my order with them when they were $79.00

#417 61 days ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have any thought or opinion on the game (that owns it)? how is the code update-do it do much?

Just got mine last night and I’m really enjoying so far. Feels like plenty to do in the code right now and it’s only at .87

#460 60 days ago

Received my game yesterday. I too have washers under my star posts.

Literally never paid any attention until reading in this thread.

I don’t see any visible pooling or other issues. I’m guessing some defects are beneath the washers. Truthfully I’m not even all that concerned about it.

Had it shown visible signs of damage I probably would have been. I suppose on the future problems could arise but for now I’ll just monitor it.

The summer after highschool I worked in an RV factory while waiting to begin college. The shit I saw in that industry was nuts. Just covering up shit work with shit materials and hoping it holds itself together long enough for someone to buy it.

Hell I even heard stories of units that happened been sold sit in a storage lot for a year only to be rebadged as a custom unit and the date of manufacture changed on the build documents.

So this isn’t perfect but damn it could be worse.

#652 58 days ago

So has anyone had any luck with stopping ball hang ups in the raptor pit without removing the gate?

#686 58 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It isn't worth it, and it never was. You're gonna sell the goddamn thing in 4 months, you need to maximize resale

Haha I was thinking the same thing. Well said!

#695 58 days ago

Just notice my game has some posts that have this as well. It was hard to tell but it is there.

I’ll send an email to the distributor with some pictures but I’m not getting my hopes up.

#697 58 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

damn. Sorry to hear as I remember you talking about your game earlier
I can't believe how pervasive this issue is.

Yeah it stinks but DAMN the game is fun!

With how widespread it is I really don’t see much being done for those with the games already unless these start chipping away really horribly.

#701 57 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

people talking jive

Bunch of jive turkeys

#716 57 days ago

Damn almost a billion already. I think my best score was like 290 mil.

I too have only started raptor multi ball a couple of times.

Game is seriously fun already and I can’t wait to see what future code updates bring. Really hoping for something cool with the action button.

#723 57 days ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

My top score is 791. I go for 2x chaos multiball and trex truck chase all day.
I’d like to invite you all to come join the Reaper Army at DeathSaveArcade on twitch for 1080p 60fps high quality streams! We will have Jurassic Pro all week. TBL this weekend and Deadpool/WonkaLE the week after!

Busy schedule you guys keep! I’m gonna drop in and check out your JP2 strategy and see some Lebowski.

#806 56 days ago

As the moderators suggested can we move the clear coat issue to its own thread or possibly just private message those who’ve noticed the issue on their game to ask further questions.

It’s getting old rehashing the same thing. I own the game and it appears my game has this some small issues as well. The be been playing the hell out of it and all seems fine. Maybe it will develop further problems or maybe it won’t. However I think we’ve officially beat this horse to death.

If you aren’t comfortable with purchasing as of yet due to this potential issue don’t. If you own a game and you see these similar issues inform your distributor and see what happens (I wouldn’t get your hopes up though).

Can we just get back to talking about how great the game is right now, scoring strategies, and cool mods!

#821 56 days ago

I seem to lose more balls on the left outline.

I unlocked a fossil last night as well and have no clue either what it means but was cool to see.

I’m also getting better at cashing out the smart missile. I think I collected 3 last night which got me all pumped up.

#844 56 days ago

I originally thought the pro artwork wasn’t that great but after it being in my house for the past week I actually really like it.

I feel like cleland and others are going to hook us up with some actual movie quotes which will be awesome. While not a huge fan of the voice actors I’ve come to just ignore it because the game is so fun!

My only real complaint at this point if having to do some work on my raptor pen. After doing a little investigation it appears the nuts holding that assembly together weren’t even close to being screwed down. So I’ll have to do a little work to get that tightened down and do some adjusting.

Other than that the post by the third flipper was a bit loose but I got her all tightened down nicely.

Do I have some pooling of clear? Sure. I really don’t think it’s going to turn into much of an issue though. Obviously I want Stern and the others to figure it out for the future but for the time being I’m just gonna be playing the hell out of this and enjoying it.

#893 55 days ago

Dont let a cheap lock stop you. Get us those answers!

2BB5B2C5-B1D5-4AC4-AB3E-EC3D497B0F60 (resized).jpeg
#898 55 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Am I the only one who thinks the playfield is in serious need of additional lighting? Not tacky colored stuff, just plain clear light to illuminate the center of the field. I am getting old man eyes though, so who knows.

At times I do think some additional lighting could help.

Go get you some pinstadiums!

Anti-pinstadium comments should appear in 3...2...1

#904 55 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, I like to play with the lights dimmed to nearly off and from what I’ve seen in pics and streams the center of the playfield looks pretty dark. I’m going to wait until I get my machine to decide but I’m guessing I’ll be getting a Pinstadium set for it. Anyone have initial thoughts on how it is playing it in low light?

I typically play in a dark room as well. I haven’t had any major issues playing mine in the dark.

I wouldn’t argue with more light though.

#1049 52 days ago

Sounds like ordering a couple extra coil stops is a good idea to keep around for when one randomly shits the bed.

The post by my third flipper keeps getting loose. I’m going to have to dig in on this tomorrow.

Finally got the majority of the raptor pit hang ups solved. Now this is my last little complaint of this game.

#1111 50 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

It is the ramps, the spinner works kind of similar to the spinner on Nine Ball, build value then collect. I also realized T-Rex multiball has levels kind of like Tropper on Maiden. I put up 74 million in the T-Rex Multiball last night, and later jdoz2 told me the jackpots are worth even more if you hit them from left to right on the playfield so I'm going to give that a try later tonight.

At first I was getting bored with T-Rex multiball as it wasn’t worth much. Then I discovered you could build the value before you start it by hitting other orange shots and now it’s fun again to me

#1119 50 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m not sure how I feel about this mod yet. It’s not mounted, just wedged in place currently. I feel bad that I had to cut his tail off to make him fit. You can upvote this post if you like it, and downvotes won’t hurt my feelings at all. Curious what folks think.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool as hell to me!

#1144 49 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I put a Stern shaker in mine yesterday, definitely makes it more fun. The start of the T-Rex multiball especially.

Agreed that the shaker is awesome!

#1167 49 days ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Exactly, you get what you pay for and when you buy the guinea pig pro you get a test model. Buy an le or premium if you want as close to perfect as possible.

Dude we get it you buy LEs. Congrats on your perfect games.

Leave us lowly poor Pro owners be.

#1174 49 days ago

The past couple of nights before my 4 year old has gone to bed we’ve played about 15-20 minutes of Jurassic Park together and it has been an absolute blast.

He is a Dinosaur nut to begin with so this game is perfect for him. Tonight we were both yelling in excitement cheering each other on. Truly a fun experience with him.

Looking forward to more code content and fun with my little buddy.

Can’t wait to start buying some mods so he can help me install them.

#1187 48 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Anyone else spotted the small black and white photo of Keith Elwin on the display when starting one of the paddock modes (I believe). Looks like hes in a photo on a desk smoking a pipe or something....lol. But I only caught a quick glance

Haha I noticed that while watching my son play the other night.

#1215 47 days ago

Damn I can’t wait to go home and try this stage flip. First I’ve heard of this. Actually learned something today!

#1229 47 days ago

That green looks awesome!

#1277 45 days ago

If you double flip during the long animation where they realize the park ha a virus it does allow you to skip when it gets to the point of the human and dinosaur walking around on the Playfield.

If you double flip for the end of ball stuff it dramatically shortens that too

#1335 44 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I played the pro again today - such a great game. I'm really thinking pro might be enough and save the cash for something else.
Either way, once PF get resolved, I'm all over this game. It's great.

Buy the pro and call it a day man.

It’s seriously a fun game and I regret nothing about the purchase.

Here in a couple weeks a location near me should have the premium and I’m excited to try it but for the money savings I’m totally happy with it.

#1349 43 days ago

Really hoping stern gets to sending out the mosquito shooter rods for this game.

I’m way too excited to get this thing.

#1382 42 days ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Truck ball is not always sitting against the other stationary ball. Some time it floats in between and then slowly slides down. eventually.

Did you remove the rubber band that comes on the game?

It’s been missed by a couple people

#1399 42 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Is the right outlane a ball sucker

I laughed way too much over this line.

#1439 40 days ago

The Data East JP game is TERRIBLE. I’ve tried multiple times to get into it and just can’t do it.

1 week later
#1591 34 days ago
Quoted from evh347:

If you're waiting on a Stern JP amber shooter rod, Stern hasn't made them yet and I was told to expect that to ship later. No word on a topper other than its $425.

So much for having them shipped at the end of August like what was said

#1621 33 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thought I would post this here as well. Impressions of the LE:
So l played an LE for almost two hours today. Here are my impressions.
Going in, I already knew I wanted this game but wasn't sure pro or prem/LE. The long short of it is premium/le ALL THE WAY and the PF was perfect - def much less clear on it which seems to be the answer along with no art by posts!
1) Art on the LE is so much better than the pro (in person). I won't revisit my take on the pro considering it's not very positive but good rebound on the LE. I'm not a fan of that JP3 Dino or the car but in the aggregate it works.
2) Right off the bat, you start the game and a glaring difference from the pro is the helicopter. Yes it looks cool but what was surprising to me was the sound it makes which is very loud. It really adds to the overall effect and gets you right into that JP mood.
3) Right after that I was greeted with a HUGE TREX roar that had the toy visibly open it's mouth and it was just awesome. It really got me engaged in the game and instantly took that relatively dull/stagnant corner of the Pro and brought it too life. BAM - toy in your face right in the beginning - loved it. Afterwards it would just follow the ball but in many different directions and it felt organic
4) TREX eating the ball - very cool although a couple things. The shot needs to be basically perfect otherwise it won't work. I also would like stern to close the mouth MUCH quicker as the current delay kind of breaks the effect a little as the REX mouth seems to be on a slight delay. The mech worked everytime when the shot was lined up right. It didn't throw it during any of my games though - hopefully that's still in! I also think the JP DE eating is cooler, but Stern JP throwing is better than the swallow so a draw!
5) Quality wise, the game feels better than the pro. This was in line with my previous experience with LE/prem vs pro - not sure why since Stern hasn't said they differ in build but it felt heavier no question.
6) Sound effects in this game are fantastic. Call outs, especially the main guy with the accent are bad.
7) Raptor Pit - BIG difference on the prem/LE. I knew TREX would be hard to pass on but not this. I was wrong. The gate going up, the effects that play and the way it works makes this shot make so much more sense vs. playing the pro.
8 ) Stern - give the LE guys matching trim on the backbox. Cmon now. As for the powder, I'm not really a huge fan. Could have matched with a diff color.
Overall - I'm def getting a prem and my concerns about pfs has been really helped by this experience.
Stern - job well done.

I give it 4 months before we see this for sale from you!

I wish I could do it with some pins. I just get to attached for some reason.

#1634 32 days ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Green trough and backboard lighting a must.[quoted image][quoted image]

And people said pinstadiums looked bad....

#1682 30 days ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Set up my JP on Friday. By Saturday with about 50 plays on it, the post by the upper flipper was already loose. Tightened it up again, and with under 100 total plays it was loose again. Going to try loctite on it tonight.

Mine was the same way. Stern sent me some loctite 290 I believe and it’s been good ever since.

#1693 30 days ago

Tonight I was a shot away from the visitors center! Such a fun game.

Bring on more code and my mosquito shooter rod Stern!

#1699 29 days ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Will I get my apology? Everything I said was true. You might not like what I say but the truth can sometimes hurt, the pro does well as a test model and because of it we have perfect le's and will have perfect premiums. My buddy got his le and its perfect and I am hearing the same from others to. Thank you pro model for doing your job! And apology accepted!

Holy hell man can you just drop the pro bashing.

#1755 28 days ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

And the chipping started. 102 plays[quoted image]

Same here. Just notice it the other day in the same spot

#1829 23 days ago

I have the PBL shaker and love it!

#1856 22 days ago
Quoted from jake35:

Anyone know best place to order the amber shooter rod with LEDs? Little shop of games has it for $140, which seems high...

I ordered it from little shop of games when it was still $79.99.

Really hoping Stern gets these made soon so I can install it on my game!

#1925 18 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

149? Any place cheaper. Was hoping Pin life one was just as good

I have the pinball life shaker in mine and it’s been working flawlessly.

Half the cost and working just fine. Buy with confidence.

#1972 15 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I heard of someone being sent a playfield repair kit from stern for their playfield damage...has anyone else heard about this at all? Has anyone heard back from Stern at all when sending in pictures of your damaged playfield?

I sent pictures a week and a half ago and still haven’t heard anything.

#2018 14 days ago

This would drop when I’m working nights. Luckily I’m off the rest of the week so I’ll download and install when I get home.

Can’t wait to see all the new things added.

#2026 13 days ago

I got the new code loaded on my pro last night and lots of cool things were added.

First game after installing I put up a new GC score of 658 million! Game just keeps getting better!

#2034 13 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

Right after the Star Wars topper.

Not sure I have that much time left on this Earth lol

#2123 10 days ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I purchased a JP3 Pro at the York Show this weekend & couldn't be happier. My wife & I stayed up all night & played this phenomenal machine! With the .90 code the light show, rule set & LCD presentation are truly incredible. The unique playfield layout is a masterpiece of design w/ ball trajectory path flow. The lastability factor makes this title perfect for home use. Great job Stern/Keith Elwin!
Anyhow, I have a few question.>>>
Are there art blades available? I saw one at the show, but held off w/ preference of more variety.
Does anyone feel it's necessary to protect the playfield where the ball jumps out of the right ramp? Just curious if this might be a concern.
As I am just beginning to understanding this very exceptional/amazing rule set, I'm not sure what is the best approach in regards to the modes. What seems to be the best strategy to completing all the different objectives?
It's great to be a part of this post & I'll respond back. Now off to install a shaker motor.

Congrats on your new game! This last update was awesome for added lightshows, animations, and some new sounds/callouts! I can’t wait to see what else is heading our way in the coming months.

1 week later
#2243 2 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

I posted this in the LE forum, but I wanted everyone to have a chance to bask in the glory that is the Ultra Limited Stryper Edition JP. Enjoy[quoted image][quoted image]

I stood in front of that game at expo this weekend and that stripe paint job is just too much

#2259 1 day ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I’m having the SAME issue with Little Shop of Games. I too ordered way back and they won’t respond.

I ordered from them very early on as well. I’ve sent emails to them twice and both times they’ve promptly replied that they haven’t received them yet.

Last time I checked in was probably two weeks ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davijc02.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside