(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,324 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6016 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yes, if it gets loose and you dont notice it, slamming the post with the ball can cause chips in the clearcoat. It's a free and easy fix.

Sorry, I’m sure this has been covered a bunch but I’m just getting into this thread now. I assume the post you’re talking about is in front of the upper flipper. Is that something that needs to be replaced if it’s loose? Can it just be tightened?

#6085 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Doubt I’ll get a new playfield. My distributor said sorry and took another phone call. Lol.

What?! Who’s your distributor, so I never use them?

#6095 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Hey everyone! A new JP- Premium owner and Im wondering if any of y'all have the colored plastic protectors from playfieldprotectors.com? I was going to order yellow slings and ball guides along with green upper dino sling plastic protectors but they don't offer any physical photos of the product or the different colors when installed on JP. Hoping some of my fellow JP owner's may have some different colors or plastic protectors that were made elsewhere that look good along with the machine... I'm thinking of just buying clear to keep it clean but the florescent colors could look good as well if done right. Thanks all!

Some people are complaining about the colored ones staining the plastics. I don’t have any first hand experience with them, but I’d probably stick with clear to be safe.

#6116 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantes1844:

Sorry if this a repeat question. Just curious if anyone knows where to get replacement decals for the jp premium cabinet. Unfortunately got a Decent sized scratch the other day. Thanks.

You can have any distributor order them for you.

#6164 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Whats everyone using for plastic protectors? Anyone using them? I asked a few days ago about colored ones but didnt get but one response... Im assuming nobody felt they were necessary? Im going with clear if I can't find colored ones that mesh well with the art.
Also love to find a stern shooter mod but its not a big deal I play the game not the shooter knob!

I haven’t bought any protectors yet. The only full set I have found is on eBay and almost $70 after shipping.
I need to price a new plastic set before I spend that much on protectors

1 week later
#6239 3 years ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

I have had my JP Premium for one week. It has a build date of July 13, 2020. It came with a GREEN spring.

Mine is the same and has a green spring.
What’s the issue with the green spring? My manual plunges work great. Is orange less powerful?

#6295 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The first time I looked at the below pic the protector looked to me to be quite raised / buckled as if the ball had been clipping it which is why I was concerned. Looking at it again I think it might have been the reflections of the cliffy were playing a trick on my eyes ... or maybe my eyes are just shot (damn getting old).
Just check that the cliffy area circled is still nice and flat on the PF. Apologises [quoted image]

It looks buckled to me too. Also the right side cliffy looks like it has waves in it.
Could all just be reflections though

#6327 3 years ago

Who has art blades on their game that they love? I was disappointed with the quality of the ones I bought and won’t be putting them in my game.
If you have installed pics of the Stern ones, tiltgraphics, etc. and comment on the quality of the print, that would be great.

#6403 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

on my premium. The left side light under the apron isnt working. Its not a bulb but an led on a tiny board. Any ideas

Do you have a picture of the solder connections? One of my apron lights was wired backwards from the factory.

#6409 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Here is a pick of the wiring [quoted image]

Looks backwards compared to mine.

2D098819-FBB0-4A92-BEB7-27034C6FA263 (resized).jpeg2D098819-FBB0-4A92-BEB7-27034C6FA263 (resized).jpeg
#6470 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, how does the mode work? I must admit, I'm not much of a deep rules type of guy and play more for the sheer fun of it, and JP has sooo much going on at once. I have no idea how P.A. works.

Every switch hit adds points to the jackpot value. Every 12 switch hits adds a multiplier to that value. The multiplier continues where you left off in following pteranodon attack modes, until you collect a jackpot at the right ramp.

1 month later
#7272 3 years ago

I just received my side armor in the mail and was surprised the red behind the TRex is a mirrored finish. It doesn’t look better or worse than I thought, just different from what I was expecting. From a straight on picture it looks flat red.

197DEA0A-8DE5-4802-9AA1-A770A2A0FE82 (resized).jpeg197DEA0A-8DE5-4802-9AA1-A770A2A0FE82 (resized).jpeg30F1C741-5761-4D97-B7D8-E55B4A43A824 (resized).jpeg30F1C741-5761-4D97-B7D8-E55B4A43A824 (resized).jpeg

#7274 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

How easy would it be to disassemble for powder coating? How is the inner lining attached? Will it get damaged if you remove it?

I think it’ll pop right out. I didn’t try to take it out, so there may be some adhesive on the inside edges. The TRex cut out moves freely from the backing though. So anything that may get damaged would be would be hidden.

7 months later
#10410 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I have a love hate relation with my JP. It hink it looks awesome, mechs are great, code seems great, theme is really good. But.....I just cant get the shots. I hear all kinds of people saying this is the greatest, but when it does not shoot well. Any others have this issue? I tried all kinds of playfield angles, other rubbers, other flipper power, I just reach 2 maybe 3 paddock. Only once made it to VC. Getting frustrated.

That’s about as good as I normally do on this game as well. I think it’s just a tough game. The accuracy needed is much higher than many other games.
When you say it doesn’t shoot well, is that because shots are being rejected or do you feel they are too tight, or something else?

#10415 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Is Stern doing another topper run for the current run of machines? The topper is not a limited number like Star Wars R2D2 Topper.

JJ at game exchange of Colorado told me it’ll be a few months but they are running them again

#10453 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Hello
I finished some mods on my jp.
I also working on a cage but until know I couldn't finish it.
Hope you can get some inspiration.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your T Rex looks amazing! Is that resin molded?

1 week later
#10547 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I need the link. I'm not sure where to find it

You need to PM Tim

#10566 2 years ago
Quoted from untamedinc:

It definitely does not have a click to it at all. Its lose sitting flush and when you slightly pull it up, it just falls back down flush. Assume it's broken if no clicking? Do I open a ticket with Stern for a replacement part since it's 3 days old?

Try using a small screwdriver to push on the actuator under the metal arm. It looks like it might be stuck down. The actuator looks like a little colored nub. You might be able to release it if you lift the arm up and try to loosen the switch.

#10596 2 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy the dark green T moulding that is on the LE? Tmoulding.com offers green and bright green. I ordered the green and it’s not dark enough to match the trim.

#10605 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I ordered this dark green on eBay. I'm not sure if it's dark enough fo you. There is only 1 listed as dark green.
[quoted image]

Thanks! That looks like it may be darker than what I have. I’ll buy some and check it out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=chubtoad13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.