(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 4 years ago

#66 4 years ago

#108 4 years ago

I am usually not a mod-guy but really think I am going to love this pin and will be looking for some molded mods to make it a little more special

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I agree. The game looks great, rules sound good so far, I'm ok with the artwork, animations look amazing! The one area I think stern was a bit lacking on was a few of the toys to highlight key shots. Especially the helipad and raptor pen on the pro model. Maybe even a better looking guard tower. So many possibilities for some nice mods to enhance the playfield.

Difficult to see at first becuase the game is loaded with shots, but it's still got the usual stern flat plastics ever where.
Not complaining because the game looks awesome, just an observation.
Stern looks like they hit a home run on this one.

2 weeks later
#543 4 years ago

How's that topper possible without a license deal with the studio?

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It's not a Stern product.
He just makes toppers.
Very nice ones I might add.

I understand It looks great, but how can you create and sell a Jurassic Park product without acquiring the license from the studio first. Isn't that what got the predator pin in trouble?

#568 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My POTC LE chipped around the sling posts. I installed washers and larger posts to cover it which was good enough for me to make peace with it.
It does suck, none of us want this obviously, but it's not the end of the world nor is it enough to keep me out of pinball.

Untill the chips start spreading
If the washers cover it and it doesn't spread, I would be satisfied
But where is the guarantee, that's what bothers me
If you see it spreading, or addional chipping a year from purchase,then what?

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Almost 4000 plays and it's fine. So I'm betting not. I think the discounted playfield offer is a fair one and I do plan on buying it at some point, just to preserve this game for the ages.

I think the offer of a selling you a PF to rectify a manufacturing defect is an insult
Especially when you consider the skill needed to replace one
I can't image if I bought a tv that had a scratch on the screen Samsung would send a new screen expecting me to dismantle the tv and replace it

For those that don't have an issue with the rippling and chipping, that great.
You have a higher tolerance for then I do - but don't try and convince others that they should also accept it.

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So JJP wanted to charge me for replacements screens I didn't actually need on a Dialed in. So seems weird...
Stern:
Total replacement GB Premium playfield, Star Trek board, complete mech for IMDN, no problems...
Neil.

I have had good support from Stern, sent me a part at no cost for a machine that I was the second owner of

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I have a deposit on a JP Premium and I have a question for current owners.....
I’m pretty excited about the complexity of the software, however, I was watching this —> <—- to get a feel for game play and I’m a little concerned about the number of drains. Specifically the left out-lane eating balls, and a bunch of unforgiving rebounds sdtm.
Is there a left out-lane post that can be closed up a little? And has anyone done any playfield tweaks to make the sdtm drains a little less common?

In a recent podcast, Keith basically said this is more of a drain monsters then IMDN was
I think he said "you won't be losing most of the balls STDM"

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

But in the other thread, right? I share the moderator's fatigue at all the chipping hysteria.

Hysteria? I don't think it's fair calling customer's concern over an issue on their $7,000 product due to a manufacturing defect where the manufacturers have been unable to correct an issue and some have required owners to pay for the fix - Hysteria

I understand through your multiple posts that you are not bothered by it, and that's fine. I have no issue with your stance if that's good for you - it's your money. The issue I have is you continually trying to convince others that this is something we should accept and ignore. This is not an acceptable issue. It's a manufacturing defect that JJP/Stern are aware of and they are currently shipping games with band-aids hoping to cover the issue.

I am not giving up on pinball, i freakin love it. But I am very close to giving up on NIB until I am sure this issue has been fixed. Pinball is a luxury, not a necessity in my life. I am fine playing the tables I have at home. I really want a JP, but not if I am going to have PF issues down the line. I'll stick to location play and buying used tables I can inspect. Good luck down the line trying to sell one of these pins with PF issues.

2 weeks later
#1560 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Never paid for a machine until it was in the box ready for me. Not sure why others continue dealing with these distributors that ask for the balance before the game arrives.

What difference does it make if the money is in your pocket another 2 weeks.
If you trust the distributor, I don't understand the issue.

2 months later
#3187 4 years ago

Who is still waiting on a premium?
Ordered first week in august from Cointaker...............

1 week later
#3388 4 years ago

Just got my premium, trex is the coolest thing I have seen in pinball in a long time

#3406 4 years ago

Need some help
Had ball get stuck here twice if it moving slowly

IMG_20191230_210930 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_210930 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_211234 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_211234 (resized).jpg
#3408 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Help? Really? I've had it stop there too. Just nudge the machine. I have also had it get trapped between the newton ball and truck ball. Nothing a little nudge won't fix. Now if you're machine tilts from such a small nudge then you haven't set it up properly.

It won't nudge out without a violent tilting shake

#3412 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Had a similar issue. Pushed the gate bracket towards the flippers so the gate is more inside the ball guide. Reduces the area to get hung up.[quoted image]

Did you just bend it, or can you loosen screws to adjust it?

2 weeks later
#3637 4 years ago

Is it possible to turn off the lockdown bar button from starting a game?

#3639 4 years ago

thanks, searched the menus and could not find it
any idea where it is?

#3654 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Rather than start another this or that thread, I thought I would just ask the owners clubs for both games.
With my budget and space I can get one of the two sterns I'd like right now.
What I'm interested in is owners opinions on long term ownership. I prefer to have a gave for a several years rather than being bored of it within a year. I admittedly tend to enjoy more games that have more than two flippers. I'd like to grab one of the following soon.
Jurassic Park pro- i havent had many plays but immediately fell in love with it.
Deadpool pro- I hated it at first but over the last year came to love it but i dont get many opportunities to play.
*I do own iron maiden already (and shadow)
Thanks for your input

I would get JJP premium - the T-rex alone is worth it!
Deadpool does nothing for me, i keep playing it and giving it a chance but walk away .. eh......

1 week later
#3756 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Mine gets hung up there all the time. Haven't found a fix yet

Frustrating that stern doesn't play test these games better.
Amazed that many owners can find issues like these in little time, but Stern never does

1 month later
#4191 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Happy for you but I don't understand how people with Jan orders still haven't heard anything. I was Jan 1 and it's been silent.

Ordered mine in August and didn't get it until December

3 months later
#5195 3 years ago

I was 100% in on the topper - regardless of cost - if it was something along the line of the Black Knight topper.
But, sorry - out on this one. I can barely achieve 25% of what this game offers, I don't need another mode for $600 = Just don't see the value
Again - if they offered something as cool as the BK, I was all in.
Disappointed.

4 months later
#7647 3 years ago

OK - so what is DJ mode?

V1.03.0 - October 27th, 2020
============================
- DJ Mixer - added to game mode menu

#7649 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

OK - so what is DJ mode?
V1.03.0 - October 27th, 2020
============================
- DJ Mixer - added to game mode menu

Nevermind - not sure what music on this pin I want to sit and listen to ... but ok

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=bmore-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.