(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,271 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 50 seconds ago by ChrisBardon
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beegeemtl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#445 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

For me, the post at the tip of the upper right flipper is constantly coming loose. I’ve tightened it three times already, and the last time it had completely come out less than two hours later.
Any tips?

I'm experiencing the same issue. I've tightened it 3-4 times already but keeps getting loose.

#447 4 years ago

Got my PRO last week, having a blast so far, even if it's tough as heck! (but that's okay, that's what's fun about pinball, improving, etc...)

Two tech issues I keep having is 1) a "phantom" left sling that keeps going off on its own, sigh. So even when a ball doesn't hit, it's going off! Anyone know what might cause this/or how to fix?

The other is 2) the short plunge itself. Only 50-60% of my plunges actually go all the way around the loop and into the inlane. The other 40-50% basically can't get all the way around and just "fall" down to the left flipper. When I plunge with the "action button", it actually works fine like 95% of the time, but when we plunge on our own via the plunger, it's 50/50. Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve?

PS: A big thank you to mensch Keith Elwin, not only for designing such a cool game, but for friggin' showing up in this very thread, over and over, to answer our questions and concerns. I mean WOW! That's something that is greatly appreciated by all, so a big THANK YOU to Keith and Stern, if they actually believed in the idea as well.

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I hear if you complete the wizard mode that you get Goldblum callouts.

Don't tease...

#481 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I just messed w the auto plunge strength till i got it dialed in and working like 9 times out of ten. 193 for mine... but it depends on your pins angle.
Funny with Keiths games, seems the auto plunge is a big feature, but you really have to dial it in to work well.
Love ya Keith.

This is in the SETTINGS, right? Under ADJUSTMENTS?

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

On location. 2nd day.[quoted image][quoted image]

I have a Pro at home since last week and had both these issues happen to me, over and over. I think I can probably stick something UNDER the van that might prevent the ball from getting stuck there (it got stuck there 4 times already) but not sure what to do about the post that keeps loosening, no matter how tight we make it....grrrrr.

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I have a deposit on a JP Premium and I have a question for current owners.....
I’m pretty excited about the complexity of the software, however, I was watching this —> <—- to get a feel for game play and I’m a little concerned about the number of drains. Specifically the left out-lane eating balls, and a bunch of unforgiving rebounds sdtm.
Is there a left out-lane post that can be closed up a little? And has anyone done any playfield tweaks to make the sdtm drains a little less common?

I moved down the left post and it's been a lot better since. I tried to do the same with right side, but I couldn't pull post out, even after unscrewing it, so I left it "as is" for now. But yeah, I'm not a professional player or anything, I just buy these games to HAVE FUN and all those drains down the left side...not so much fun. Better now.

#875 4 years ago

Does anyone know where (and when) the amber LED shooting rod with the mosquito in it will be available for purchase for the JP Pro?

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Hmm. Going to need to fix this, got stuck there twice in 5 minutes and won’t free.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Same thing happened to me 3-4 times but I put some double-sided velcro tape under the truck and it hasn't happened since.

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

For me, the post at the tip of the upper right flipper is constantly coming loose. I’ve tightened it three times already, and the last time it had completely come out less than two hours later.
Any tips?

I think we figured this out when we unscrewed the upper-flipper under the playfield.

As you can see, all the "silver thingies" (I don't know what they're called but they're there for screws to be input into them) have a little SCREW screwed over them, so that it won't move as much. You can see a number of them in the picture I took here. But if you look at the one right above the coil, that's basically the bottom of that post that keeps getting loose and it does NOT have a screw over it. Not sure if this was just missed on the assembly line or what (it's located UNDER the flipper coil, so hard to see) but we just added our own little screw over it and voila, problem solved. Hope this helps.
IMG_2386 (resized).JPGIMG_2386 (resized).JPG

#1070 4 years ago

Am I the only person who doesn't see any reason to go for the Raptor pit shot, at least with the code "as is"? Even after 3-4 shots and we "capture" the Raptor, no points are given and the ball just rolls back down into play. Woo-hoo, real exciting. Then after trying to hit it another 8-10 times, maaaaybe you get the Tri-Raptor multi-ball, which I've gotten once_ in two weeks, I believe. Lots of drains down the middle though, when trying to hit the Raptor cage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the game and its shots! In fact, I actually really like the Raptor cage too (the sounds when you hit it, the lights) but there are very few POINTS attached to much of it, and it takes forever the get the multi-ball, despite the toughness of the shot.

HOPEFULLY this is one of the aspects they improve in next code update...

1 week later
#1431 4 years ago

>>>All Modes - allow both flipper skip of all mode intros that hold the ball

This was EASILY the best thing about this latest update! Was able to "skip through" a bunch of video intros (including every paddock explanation) which made the game much faster to play. I also got my best score (519M) but not sure if that's related.

Also, it FEELS LIKE they got rid of some of the most annoying "Nedry" call-outs, but not sure about that. Maybe I was just skippin' through them...lol

1 week later
#1743 4 years ago

I've had my Pro for about 6 weeks now. Loved it at first, great shots, music score is cool and lights/sounds were decent, while code was good as well. I played about an hour a night and after 5 weeks, I realized that my overall score is BARELY improving (550M), I've hit the Raptor multiball only twice I believe, and even the CHAOS multiball I get, once a night or maybe twice. The T-REX multiball finishes too fast and 2 balls are not enough.

Basically, I'm kinda bored.

I'm also a big "movie guy" so the lack of movie call-outs or almost ANYTHING related to the movies isn't helping (and the new call-outs are pretty lame, I think we all agree) while their actual "storyline" is also pretty meh (you're a truck driving through a jungle, whoop-de-doo). And the lack of "bash toys" has also started to be felt.

I went back to my DEADPOOL Pro last night and played it for hours, tons of continued fun, even after almost a year of owning it. Soooo many different things happening in that game, still adore it!!

Am I the only one? Just feels like the "initial high" excitement of the game has gone away and replaced with a HOPE that a big "code update" might make the game a little more fun/exciting. Even some non-pinball friends who come over didn't really go nuts for it because "not much was happening" for them.

2 weeks later
#2032 4 years ago

Anyone know when Stern will officially release the JP amber shooting rod (that lights up)?

#2179 4 years ago

We are mere mortals compared to....Jack Danger! Brother just scored over 3.6 BILLION on Jurassic Pro....wow!

https://clips.twitch.tv/MuddyMushyRedpandaKippa

You can watch the entire game (over 30 mins) on his channel here: https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

2 months later
#3256 4 years ago

New code coming soon??? This was posted by Dead Flip earlier today...

deadflip (resized).JPGdeadflip (resized).JPG
1 week later
#3377 4 years ago

I'm not sure if this is the place to put this, but here's hoping they make changes to their current T-Rex multi-ball setup as it 1) doesn't last long enough 2) only has 2 balls and 3) most importantly, doesn't even get going until you hit the left ramp but 50% of the time I'm too busy trying to raise the pot via shots, the multi-ball "times out" and I don't even get any the multi-ball started. I suggest Stern make it so that in their next update, you have like 15 seconds to hit as many shots as possible during the T-Rex multi-ball HURRY UP, but when the 15 seconds is over....they START the multi-ball either way.

I know this multi-ball is easier for all the "shooters" out there, but I find this game pretty hard so far and I've had it for months. Whenever a newbie plays the machine, they NEVER get a multi-ball because the Raptor multi-ball is very hard to start up and so is the CHAOS multi-ball so their best chance is the T-Rex multi-ball and even then, it doesn't start up sometimes because you can "time out". Multi-balls are fun. I think this game needs more fun. That's my 2 cents and hopefully Stern is gonna add more "fun" to the game in the next update -- and don't tell me about MUSEUM MAYHEM and VISITORS CENTER because I think I've reached the former once, and that's all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beegeemtl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.