(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baxelrod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10284 3 years ago

Just got my JP Premium last week!

PXL_20210418_001736624 (resized).jpgPXL_20210418_001736624 (resized).jpg
#10306 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

What was the BUILD date on the back?

Markharris2000 Build date: March 30, 2021

2 months later
#10941 2 years ago
Quoted from fuzzel:

Thanks for the hints...actually I think I fixed it too but with another workaround: I took some small black tape on the ramp directly under both sensors. Just a small strip on both sides. I think that the transparent plastic is somehow reflecting the light too much and the ball too fast so it won't trigger when passing the sensor. After that all my shots trigger now...

Can you post a pic?

I am starting to see lots of skill shots not being recognized.

1 month later
#11521 2 years ago

What is the best way to level the machine laterally? Especially the back of the play field.

It is pretty easy to use a torpedo level between the slingshots to level the front of the machine. e.g.
PXL_20210814_223835337_sm (resized).jpgPXL_20210814_223835337_sm (resized).jpg

But what about the back of the machine? I have a tiny level that I managed to fit here:
PXL_20210814_141855136_sm (resized).jpgPXL_20210814_141855136_sm (resized).jpg
Is it reasonable to assume this location is square to the playing field?

Another option is to level the cabinet / backbox like this:
PXL_20210814_224129403_sm (resized).jpgPXL_20210814_224129403_sm (resized).jpg
But that doesn't seem like a good idea because the play field could be way off from this.

#11548 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

maybe looking at getting some Cliffy's but you may not actually need the ramp ones (tower and heli) if you can make the shots.

The tower and helipad *are* pretty hard to get consistently. Can you elaborate on how to make those shots a little easier?

#11601 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

do I need to get a deeper socket wrench to remove this post?

I used a 1/4 Inch Flex Head Ratcheting Wrench like this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F511TU8

I had to take a nut off of the helicopter plastic to ease it over the top of the post. With the wrench towards the outlane, you only get a couple of "clicks" per turn, so it takes a while, but it works.

2 weeks later
#11691 2 years ago

I really like how in "Escape Nublar" mode you can move where the rescues are based on the direction of the truck. I wish that feature was also in the "regular" mode.

1 month later
#12045 2 years ago

While looking through the service menu, I saw that there are a number of different install options under Utilities -> Installs. Namely:
* Extra-Easy
* Easy
* Medium
* Hard
* Extra-Hard
* 3 Ball
* 5 Ball
* Competition
* Director's Cut
* Home Play
* Novelty
* Add-A-Ball
* Factory

Does anyone know what specific features the Extra-Easy to Extra-Hard difficulty levels change? Also, what is Directors Cut, and Novelty? And what does Home Play set?

Through a little searching on these forums I learned that you can "stack" multiple of these installs. (For example 5-Ball and Extra-Easy). And if there are settings in common, the last installed takes precedence.

1 week later
#12176 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I am interested in the following mods and wondering if someone can point me to the places to get them if possible.
- Amber shooter

I like my amber shooter from ModFather: https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/jurassic-park-stern/products/jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter-stern

PXL_20211105_200355503 (resized).jpgPXL_20211105_200355503 (resized).jpg
#12189 2 years ago

Any tips on making the helicopter shot more successful? There is nothing so disheartening as having the ball go halfway up the scoop and fall back down. Thankfully when this happens the ball usually comes right back to the left flipper and I can try again. But this just keeps happening. It seems like on such a direct hit, this shouldn't happen. Are there any tweaks for this? My left flipper power is already maxed out. What about changing the resting angle of the flipper? Some silicone spray in the scoop?

3 weeks later
#12437 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Can anyone confirm that the nut size is on the right outlane post is that you can adjust? I have a few parts off of mine right now where I have access to use a mechanic/combination wrench to unscrew it so I can move the post to where I want to move it, however I don't have the right tool.
I am guessing it is 1/4" based on the size and I just looked through the manual and didn't see any mention of it. Anyone know for sure what size it is?
I am referring to the post below.[quoted image]

I used a flex-head ratcheting wrench for this. It is slow going, only a few clicks per turn, but you'll get there.

flex-head_ratcheting_wrench (resized).pngflex-head_ratcheting_wrench (resized).png
4 weeks later
#12874 2 years ago

Lately, I've been trying to do better about getting DNA combos. When I first got the game, I printed out the Jurassic-Perks.pdf from the Stern website which I used to study the available combos. Unfortunately, I just found out that MANY OF THE DNA COMBOS IN THAT FILE ARE WRONG. They don't match what is listed when you hold down the flippers for game info. Thankfully, this rulesheet has a nice table of them.

DNA_combos_wrong2 (resized).pngDNA_combos_wrong2 (resized).png
2 weeks later
2 months later
#13561 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I've been noticing some issues with DNA combos not registering when it appears they should be. For example Spinner > Tower > Truck, I often find it just doesn't count for some reason. But then other times it does. The Tilt Forums Rulesheet doesn't really go into much detail on the DNA combos so I figure there is something I'm missing. Does anyone have any insights for me?

I've noticed this as well. Usually it is when I am trying for the simpler combos like Helicopter-Control Room.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baxelrod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=baxelrod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.