(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,284 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider averhoeven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9542 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

New Premium run pushed back to Mid to late March now...

Really? I got an email from Erik at Stern who, after confirming my dealer and order for a premium, told me last week of Feb on Feb 1. That would be very disappointing if true. I feel like I've been excitedly waiting forever for this, my first machine.

1 month later
#9898 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

You have just enough time to email Cliffy and get a set of protectors on order, ready to install when the machine arrives in a few weeks. Drop him a note with what you need. http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm has the protectors, then email him with your order: [email protected]

I'm about to get my first machine ever. What is the purpose of these things, just protection for weak components/areas? The pinball equivalent of a phone case? The website has no indicator of price and that would be a large part of whether it's "worth it", so do you have a rough price range that you know of?

#9980 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

With all due respect, you should create a new rule for your fan boys to follow.
Rule #96 - Don't have a seizure if someone says they don't like the project. Enjoy, play it, lay low and don't cause public drama.
I didn't sign some bullshit NDA. I bought a pinball machine and had an opinion about a mod that was included.
Big. Fucking. Deal.

You didn't sign anything, but the person who sold you the machine did. There's liability in distributing intellectual property you don't own and giving it a monetary value (selling you the machine). It removed the fair use claim and becomes a potential legal problem. That's the concern.
If you don't like it, that's fine. You just seem to have a weird vendetta against it. Everyone else is simply trying to defend the hard work of a fellow community member against your excessive negativity. You don't have to like it and frankly nobody cares if you do or don't. Just like they don't care if I do either. You don't see anything like your "debate" in the entirety of the preceding 200 pages of this thread.
I was sad to see your location, but living here I'm pretty sure I know your type.

#10021 3 years ago

Today is the day they start the new run! I'm excited!

#10028 3 years ago
Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Is this true? My distributor told me I was in on a premium from March production. Haven’t heard anything yet. This would be exciting!

I was told by my distro that mine would start being built the week of 22nd. So I'm taking that and getting myself hyped.

#10051 3 years ago

Ugh, my distributor just sent me this from Stern:

As you have probably heard if you tune into global news, manufacturing all over the world is experiencing supply chain issues, and our company is no different. The ports along the West Coast are heavily backed up, congested, and causing delays. You can read about it here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/shipping-companies-look-at-sailing-away-from-choked-southern-california-gateways-11612802085

Based on our original schedule, we were hoping to have finished up Guardians Pro, Star Wars Pro and Star Wars Premium by last week, with Jurassic Park Premium beginning this week.

However, at this time we hope to begin GOTG PRO in the coming days, followed by Star Wars Pro and Premium. Jurassic Park Premium is TBD as we await missing parts (hopefully late next week). Star Wars Pin (Movie Art) should be on track for early next week, with Star Wars Comic Pin sliding to the 1st or 2nd week in April.

Thank you for your patience and we’ll reach out when games are ready.

#10094 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No wayyyyy, You’ll never get better by making it easier for yourself. Mastering the difficulty of this game is 75% of the fun. Why not just light the extra balls IN game as intended?

If your goal is to just bang away, make some things light up, get some points and have fun why not make your game last longer? Not everyone cares about being competitive....

#10117 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s not about being competitive but actually learning how to play the game IMO. The fact of the matter is that pinball is hard, I have friends who won’t even set their games to 5 ball for their children and you know what? Their kids will smoke you. Practice makes perfect. And in the end you can feel proud of what you’ve accomplished. Slapping away on a $6k pinball machine just to see pretty lights is just...such a waste.

I would argue increasing your margin of error helps you learn. It's why we practice in sports. It is not an exact facsimile of a true game, but it allows you to see the facets of a game, learn the rules, learn the skills and learn how all those things interact in a more forgiving environment. Which is what practice is. To say nothing of the fact that the 3 ball standard is a pretty arbitrary historic thing and is only meaningful because it is the standard from which a competitive score becomes comparable. If you aren't competing, who cares if you have fun wracking up a billion points in 3 balls or 5?

#10162 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I ordered my Prem in Oct... now told due to parts delay...end of April....

Same boat here....

1 week later
#10175 3 years ago

Cool translite, where's it from. Do you run the movie code or the default code? Given the translite I would assume it only goes well with the movie scenes.

1 week later
#10282 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Anyone get there Premium. from the new run. this month... Still waiting

There have been a couple reports from a week to 2 weeks ago. Mine is supposed to be dropped off today.

Quoted from splitcms:

Hi everyone. I just got a JP premium tonight and the T-Rex doesn’t work. It just makes a loud grinding sound when trying to make movement (and doesn’t move). Has anyone seen this issue before? Thank you.

There was a post about grinding before, but theirs moved. There are also numerous mechanical issues in the thread about it not moving that you can look for. A common problem I've seen over time reading this thread seems to be a screw on the underside that comes loose/ falls out.
***disclaimer: I don't have mine yet, this is just what I've gathered having literally read every post in this thread at some point.

#10283 2 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

There have been a couple reports from a week to 2 weeks ago. Mine is supposed to be dropped off today.

There was a post about grinding before, but theirs moved. There are also numerous mechanical issues in the thread about it not moving that you can look for. A common problem I've seen over time reading this thread seems to be a screw on the underside that comes loose/ falls out.
***disclaimer: I don't have mine yet, this is just what I've gathered having literally read every post in this thread at some point.

#10291 2 years ago

Mine showed up today. Build date April 16

Now to add my mods....

20210422_202817 (resized).jpg20210422_202817 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10361 2 years ago

I give up. I've been trying to install the Cliff protectors for a while now. The left shooter protector has me stumped. I know you have to tap out the screws from the underside, but the top one can't come all the way out because of the guide rail. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to loosen or shift that guard rail enough for me to lift that screw out (and eventually get it back in).

Also, noticed this when putting on my Tower ramp. Any thoughts on what to do about this?
20210501_233937 (resized).jpg20210501_233937 (resized).jpg

#10363 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I just put mine on and it went fine. It took a little leverage on the ball guide to get it up above the surface of the PF but it wasn't horrible or anything.

I feel like my guide is pretty stiff and doesn't want to budge at all. Makes me nervous putting that much tension on it

#10365 2 years ago

Is there any way to loosen up that rail? I'm putting ALOT of pressure on it and it won't even bend at all. I'm not a small or weak guy either. It's there a way to lift it some? Get that little peg that's a bit further back out some? Anything to add some mobility?

20210502_153135 (resized).jpg20210502_153135 (resized).jpg20210502_153206 (resized).jpg20210502_153206 (resized).jpg

Well F me...
In my efforts to install something to protect the playfield I damaged the playfield. I tried bending back the guide rail with a pair of pliers to make room. It bent, but I didn't realize it was dragging the surface of the playfield with. So now the area is "bubbled" up. I guess if I manage to ever get this stupid thing on, it will cover and hold it down? Should I do anything else to protect it? But now that his real is so tight to the surface that, even with the screw out, I can't get the protector under the rail. There is no way this should be this hard.

20210502_160418 (resized).jpg20210502_160418 (resized).jpg
#10368 2 years ago

And now I feel like a moron. I decided to remove the post that is in the outlane to make sure I had as much room as possible. And then realized that the screw that has a nut on it down below holds the guide and not the post. I kept looking for something next to that screw since I thought it was holding the post in, but the post screws directly into the playfield. Great.... and I damaged my playfield because of it.

#10371 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Isn't that area under the apron?

Both are true. It's like getting the first dent in your new car though...

#10376 2 years ago
Quoted from ToddSonOfOdin:

Mine is on order for May delivery. Any word on when they’re going on the line, or if they are delayed?

They've been showing up recently. Mine was an April 16 build date and I got it a couple days later.
Interestingly, down by the "Jaws " sticker, there's an Oct 2020 date which is when I assume the playfield was built?

1 year later
#14278 1 year ago

The post to the left lane where you trigger the computer sequence (power up the park, etc) keeps drifting down. It eventually creates a crater where the post comes through the playfield that is the perfect size to catch the ball and the ball will sit in it. I have to frantically shake the machine to loosen it when that happens. I learned the hard way that when the machine goes into "search for the ball" mode, it shoots that post up and launches the stuck ball into the glass.

Any thoughts on why it keeps doing that and how to prevent it?

#14280 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There’s an adjustable metal adjustment rubber stopper underneath the post that allows you to change the height with which the post sits when it’s down. Adjust that and tighten it down so it’s flush with the playfield. It should have a lock nut on it to keep that rubber stopper in place.

Yeah, I've tightened and adjusted it a few times now and it always seems to drift over a couple months. Don't really want to put loctite or anything there though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider averhoeven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=averhoeven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.