(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,286 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 minutes ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aquapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1148 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I've downloaded the .87 code from Stern, I've unzipped the file. I see the 2 files stern says should be there. What exactly am I copying to the USB stick? Both files? Just the larger file? One file has a stack of books icon next to it and is significantly smaller. Sorry for the dumb question....

Copy the 2 files that you unzipped to the USB.

3 weeks later
#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

one of the podcasts today (head 2 head maybe?) mentioned that keith linked a bunch of images outlining strategy and such with the JP ruleset. has anybody seen these? i've only been able to find the dino paddock traits/perks graphic on tiltforums[quoted image]

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Jurassic-Perks.pdf

Has the DNA combos and the park guide.

#1842 4 years ago

Raptor layers:

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#2134 4 years ago

Here is orange from PBL It is a bit bright compared to the earth tones in the game, but blends fine when the game is on.

20191014_135438 (resized).jpg20191014_135438 (resized).jpg20191014_134718 (resized).jpg20191014_134718 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#2563 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

I am weak...
I couldn't wait until after the holidays and just ordered a JP3 Pro which should be delivered on Monday.

You are wise...

What better way to spend the holidays then playing pinball with family and friends.

2 weeks later
#2870 4 years ago

Sharing a flipper bat mod I did this weekend. Fossil tone spray paint (clear coated) with red rubbers to pay homage to the jeep. May add a red angled decal with the jeep number cut out, still trying a few with the vinyl cutter.

FlipperA (resized).jpgFlipperA (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#3310 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Hard to do when the wood is showing[quoted image]

Carefully remove the post and washer. Gently run a heat gun over it and will start to level out, even the paint will slide back some. Then center the washer when you reassemble. Will not be perfect, but definitely nicer than what it looks like right now.

Left Sling - Paint Splitting (resized).jpgLeft Sling - Paint Splitting (resized).jpg
#3325 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Please give us detail?
- what temperature
- high / low fan speed
- what distance from playfield
- how long
- how many strokes back forth
Thx

Temp - My heatgun is 20+ years old, only has on/off
Fan - Low speed
Distance - roughly 5cm (2") away
How Long - Varied on severity, but as soon as it "melted" I gave it another second of heat
Strokes - No idea, didn't count, just kept the gun in constant motion

Again, go gently and take your time. Easier to start at lower temp and increase until you get the result you are looking for. I have done this to 3 playfields and all have leveled out nicely.

2 weeks later
#3594 4 years ago

Made these over the weekend...fossilized crane flies in "amber" epoxy. They look amazing lit up, camera does not do it justice.

20200114_181111 (resized).jpg20200114_181111 (resized).jpg20200114_182810 (resized).jpg20200114_182810 (resized).jpg20200114_182808 (resized).jpg20200114_182808 (resized).jpg
#3599 4 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Where you guys getting those palm trees at? They look nice in JP

If you can make your own bases, go with something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Hestya-Coconut-Scenery-Architecture-Landscape/dp/B07DVBX8VQ/

1 week later
#3688 4 years ago

I have posted a how-to for the fossilized caps in case anybody else wants to attempt.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-fossilized-amber-pop-bumpers#post-5427233

FOSSIL POPS (resized).pngFOSSIL POPS (resized).png
1 month later
#4122 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Anyone have issues with the download of new code on premium? Downloaded, extracted the folder, moved 2 files to root if SD. Game acted like it wasn't there.

Is your card formatted for FAT32?

1 month later
#4516 4 years ago

So I added an A109 to the playfield as the flat plastic always bothered me. Had to cut out and grind the side to allow it to wrap around the Mezel mods spinning blades. Everything works, very happy that I was able to get it to fit.

* Disclaimer: my daughter helped me paint the helicopter and her joy of being involved greatly outweighed straight lines

Side View (resized).pngSide View (resized).pngTop View (resized).pngTop View (resized).png
#4525 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

That looks great, where did you bought the a109 ?

ebay.com link: itm

Reasonably priced, I would have preferred the transparent window version but the price difference was too much to justify.

2 weeks later
#4790 3 years ago
Quoted from Saucerboy:

Thanks so much.. is that 1 on each side of ramp? Or both on the right? Sorry for being a pain.
Much appreciated on the assist!

One on each side.

1 month later
#5358 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Pros did, as far as I know.

Mine is a Pro from the first run and it shipped with red flipper rubbers.

#5444 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

It's a bit redundant with the logo too.

Ironically the Pro does not have a logo on a translite and it would really look great but I don't imagine their will be a lot of Pro owners running out to drop $600 for that reason.

1 week later
#5625 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

The helicopter is from Modfather. I did some tinkering here too with plastics and hardware. It is just the right size, and goes very good with the game. It appears that it is just a Matchbox style toy with a simple bracket attached. I searched for a similar toy to no avail.

Yep, just a matchbox toy.
ebay.com link: Matchbox Jurassic World Dei cast 2 Pack Helicopter Maule Hauler Truck Car New

2 years later
#16997 10 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

So apparently I ordered a stern JP topper from GEX of Colorado two year ago and it ships out tomorrow. I already have the stern topper on my JP so this is an extra one.
Willing to sell it at cost ($600 USD), buyer covers the cost of shipping.
To be clear, this is brand new, never opened. PM me if interested.

PM sent

4 weeks later
#17143 9 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Finally installed the custom IC sticker on my Jurassic Park Premium that Mr_Tantrum made. Since I couldn’t find an original plastic for where the IC now sits relocating to the coin door wasn’t really an option. This thing was the perfect compromise. Thanks again Chris!!
[quoted image]

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-jurassic-park-right-apron-plastic.html

The sticker is a nice compromise, but the original plastic is better IMHO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aquapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=aquapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.