(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,269 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andy_chapman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5066 3 years ago

New member of the owners club here! Finally got my JP Pro delivered last week after 2 months of waiting... and I'm STOKED!! This is also my first pin so is extra special =)
This was an ex-operations pin (only 6 months of use) so hadn't been given much love. I was proud that I was able to fix a few minor issues and felt like a proper pinhead doing so. There is a couple of issues that I cant fix though...

Firstly the truck wont always return to the newton ball when given a light hit, this occurs on both sides. You can see in the photos that it stops about 10mm before. I've added a little lubrication, and with a little shaking it will return to its resting place. It feels like it is catching on something but I cant see the issue. Anyone else had this problem and know if a fix?

The second issue is when the ball is feeding to the flipper via the right inlane. As the ball passes the thick end of the flipper it bounces out slightly and doesn't run smoothly down the flipper. Before I gave this a good clean I noticed that the dirty ball trail on the playfield also angled away from the flipper on the right side a little. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I'm pretty new to the scene and the forum, so pleas advise if this is in the wrong place. TIA for any help!

20200524_200450 (resized).jpg20200524_200450 (resized).jpg20200524_200513 (resized).jpg20200524_200513 (resized).jpg
#5071 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hey Andy - welcome to the club mate!
Someone else posted in the last 1-2 month's that they were experiencing a similar issue to you with the newton ball stopping/catching before it reaches the static ball. I can't recall what was found on that particular one, but a few things the game was designed and plays best around 7% angle and make sure it's level side to side. There should be a small amount of movement up & down on the shaft and people have found that it does seem to gum up over time - solution is disassembling it and lubricating (check out post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/72#post-5414130). You might also need to inspect above and below the PF as to the cause of it catching
In regards to the return lane with the ball jumping when it travels between the ball guide and the top of the flipper, you need to loosen the screws on the ball guide and gently put force of the ball guide to align it better with the flipper and while holding pressure on the ball guide tighten the screws. You may need to do this a few times to get it aligned right - it's just part of dialing a machine in.

Hey Manny65, I got the playfield up again and found the problem. The piece at the end of the rod under the playfield connected to the Jeep had come loose and slipped down. This was catching on the edge of the light sensor... now I just got to find the right sized allen key to tighten it!

Your tip for fixing the in lane issue worked a treat too, quick easy fix and plays much better now. I also adjusted the angle to 6.5deg and found that it did indeed play better.

Thanks for all the advise, she's playing like a dream now!

1 week later
#5254 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Probably it’s 2 separate issues. For the flipper, try reducing the flipper power setting.
There are several possible things to adjust for the auto launcher. First thing I’d check on the launcher is if the both sides of the fork are touching the ball when it’s sitting in the shooting lane. If only one side is touching, it could cause the ball to be a bit off line going to the ramp.

Hey EaglePin, I'm also getting rejects on launching from the Helicopter half pipe ramp (probably 1 out of 8 rejects). Rejects appear to be from a miss aligned shot causing a rattle and loss of power on entry. You mention "both sides of the fork"? above, could you elaborate on this for a noob!

I see at the end of my shooter lane that there is a thin piece of metal that runs on the inside right that bends away towards the end of the lane. Should this be flush with the side, or should there be another one on the left side to balance this out and make the ball travel straight?

#5255 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I certainly have. Not so much because of the launch though. My Tower ramp is still brick city. I've staring to avoid it except on the skill shot, which is kind of making me sad. I initially had my game at about 7.1° I'm currently down to about 6.8° and that has definitely made the tower slightly better to hit, but it's still a bear (or a raptor ). Probably going to get it down to 6.5° soon.
Anyway, there has been basically no difference in the launch rejects along the journey. I've also primarily been using the center button, which while definitely more consistent, still gets some rejects. People have mentioned adjusting the U ramps, but I gave them both a decent look and it's not really apparent how I could adjust either of them. Would definitely appreciate some insight from anyone who has adjusted them.

Hey Ectobar, I'd be keen to hear how you're getting on with your pitch after a few months play?

I'm also seeing a lot of people saying that the pitch for this game should be at 7°. I own a Pro model and my Manual clearly says that the Pin should be set at 6.5°, with the option of a steeper incline for more challenging play.

I had set my machine to 7°, until I gave it a fresh coat of wax and replaced the coil stops! Now it is playing crazy fast and causing issues with balls jumping off the T-Rex lane, airballs and clanking around the orbit, not to mention instadeath rebounds from most posts! I accept that some of these issues are due to inexperienced play =) (Could one of you kind gentlemen also point me at a guide to lowering my flipper power please!)

Questions:
1) Is 7° the recommended angle for the Premium/LE?
2) Is everyone saying 7° because they're experienced and prefer a tougher game?
3) Had people been experiencing issues with a 6.5° incline?

2 months later
#6373 3 years ago

First pin, first mods! Took me a while to find the right sized Raptor and Pteradon that I was looking for, but pleased with how they came out.
Both were re-painted to match the colors on the playfield. I've also stuck some clear self adhesive domes on the Raptor cage lights for effect.

20200815_104303 (resized).jpg20200815_104303 (resized).jpg20200815_104251 (resized).jpg20200815_104251 (resized).jpg20200815_104207 (resized).jpg20200815_104207 (resized).jpg20200815_104318 (resized).jpg20200815_104318 (resized).jpg
#6433 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Nice job. Where did you get the pterdon

Probably won't help you much, but was from my local Toy World... in Christchurch, New Zealand!

#6434 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Great idea with the clear domes! I’d like to do that on mine. Where’d you get them, if you don’t mind my asking?

I picked them up at the hardware store, think they were in a 3M multi pack with other shapes and sizes

6 months later
#9753 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Traded for it and it had the card included. I was going to try it out myself anyway, just saved me the time. Enjoy what you want, but this does not improve the game at all and in fact makes it non-sensical.

For the record I'm with you on this one PoMC, so I guess the minority is not THAT small! The custom audio is nice and represents the movie well, but just feels Janky with the pin. I like it how the JP Stern is its own story any you get to play through that narrative, pasting the movie quotes in doesn't work for me.

But like my mum used to say "if we all liked the same thing the world would be a pretty boring place!", enjoy your pins your way champions and keep on flippin'!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andy_chapman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=andy_chapman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.