(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

73 days ago

Topic Stats

• 2,123 posts
  • 301 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 134 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 373 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191012_142202 (resized).jpg
71902437_10157777389140555_4379022297063751680_o (resized).jpg
72810002_10157777392590555_325285610224877568_o (resized).jpg
72821934_10157777387825555_4383925221275467776_o (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20191012_003601 (resized).jpg
20190922_131419 (resized).jpg
IMG_0514-e1570829451551-1024x456 (resized).jpg
220C4BF3-01DB-4188-A49C-24DD83CB5F8F (resized).png
1E8BEE88-3D2F-4568-AE3B-49C26214D5E1 (resized).png
8840ab255b952bfe5c3f661509e6c449 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191008_175104 (resized).jpg
C48E43F8-4BC2-4B6C-B226-8A31332CED1A (resized).jpeg
20190906_203358 (resized).jpg
FE95CD8E-E0F2-4CCA-80CB-DF921472A615 (resized).jpeg
71BB5769-36CE-4FD4-A5FA-9F4431F4F887 (resized).jpeg
7D609848-1A5F-4280-9EFF-83FF9CD48E01 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (53 days ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (52 days ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (52 days ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (51 days ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (50 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#710 47 days ago

Just noticed pooling on the JP2 that our club has had for less than a week. Not the best thing to see on a new machine. I think the distributor is going to be placing a call with Stern.

On the upside... what a fun game! Some seriously interesting shots and rules. KME just keeps the wins coming.

#714 47 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Here is my best so far...what are people using for scoring strategies? The game seems really well balanced to me in both scoring and what it makes you shoot all over the playfield. Although I think I've only started raptor tri-ball maybe like 2-3 times.[quoted image]

I think my best is around ~600,000,000. Not really focusing on a specific strategy yet but mostly just trying to keep advancing through the paddocks and rescue as many workers as possible before capturing the dinosaurs. Trying to bring control room/t-rex and/or a paddock into CHAOS multiball as that seems to be the best for pure scoring early in the game. Seems like the scores really start to increase when you get to the 2nd phase of CHAOS.

Also noticed that the T-Rex mode where you have to hit a shot and then the vehicle really starts to get good value if you can combo shots back to back in quick succession.

I have yet to see a Raptor Tri-ball in the ~50 games I've played. But I also haven't really been trying to focus on getting it. Can that be brought into a mode like CHAOS?

#718 47 days ago
Quoted from jdroc:

So.....600M?
Just killing time waiting on my premium!

haha. in a roundabout way I guess I got to the number I was looking for.

~600,000,000

#788 47 days ago

fwiw the JP that our local club got looked great the day it showed up. no rippling under the metal washers under the slings or anything out of the ordinary.

one week later (today) and there is some major rippling developing around the sling posts and the posts that guard the ramp entrances are starting to show it too.

glad this is an on-location machine because something wonky is going on with stern and jjp these days and they don't seem to be willing to address it directly and transparently.

with all of that said. its one hell of a game and super fun to shoot!

#848 46 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m not trying to convince anyone to do anything. It IS a real issue. I just agree with the poster that the horse has been beaten to death.

Has it though? Go look at the JJP Pirates owners club thread that has basically evolved into a troublshooting thread because that is what most owners wanted to talk about. Sure there is some strategy talk and some inane mod talk but its mostly troubleshooting and playfield related discussion - despite whatever was intended when the thread was created.

And frankly plenty of great information for owners of the game has come out of that thread because people kept 'beating the horse' about all of the issues with that game.

#890 45 days ago

Noticed today after a few games that the right flipper is starting to feel 'loose' - not sure of a better term to describe it. The power seemed a little lower and I noticed that when the ball would dead bounce off the flipper it would move a little bit.

Is this the beginning of a coil stop issue people have been seeing with stern machines?

#892 45 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Take a look and find out.

on-location machine or else i would have already opened it up.

#976 44 days ago

The right flipper on the JP2 I’ve been playing has DEFINITELY changed since unboxing now. Much lower power and it doesn’t feel as ‘snappy’ as it did a few days ago. The left ramp has gone from an absolutely easy shot to being almost impossible to hit.

Anyone else seeing this? Something as simple as just adjusting the coil power?

We have a little clipboard where we put down issues with the machines that need fixing and I’d like to be as detailed as possible.

#978 44 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You don't need to be detailed if there is a tech reading it; althogh sure write down "Coil Stop bad,?" why not. For sure could be probably is coil stop.
Since it's not a JJP I don't imagine any diff'rence of electrical current from sub stations or sun spots would change anything in the game.
If the flipper cant make the ramp there is something wrong.

Cool. Its not that it can’t ever make the ramp... but the shot needs to be downright perfect now. What went from feeling like the easiest shot on the playfield now feels like the hardest by far. Maybe it’s just my brain playing tricks on me lol

#1056 43 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What else is left? What could this be? I believe anathematize saw the same issue earlier in the thread.

yea. i think its the cheap ass coil stops that stern is using. definitely the exact same behavior we've been seeing on the JP we have at the pinball club. glad to hear its an easy fix and i'm starting to wonder why stern isn't just using something more robust right out of the gate from the factory. i feel like all of our earlier stern machines (including IM and Deadpool) haven't had this specific issue but i'm sure it has happened in the past. frankly it makes something like AC/DC look like a tank in comparison.

it really can't be more than a 25 cent savings per machine with the quantities they are buying. but i guess its those little things that keep stern as the most profitable pinball company in the land.

#1073 42 days ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Am I the only person who doesn't see any reason to go for the Raptor pit shot, at least with the code "as is"? Even after 3-4 shots and we "capture" the Raptor, no points are given and the ball just rolls back down into play. Woo-hoo, real exciting. Then after trying to hit it another 8-10 times, maaaaybe you get the Tri-Raptor multi-ball, which I've gotten once_ in two weeks, I believe. Lots of drains down the middle though, when trying to hit the Raptor cage.
Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the game and its shots! In fact, I actually really like the Raptor cage too (the sounds when you hit it, the lights) but there are very few POINTS attached to much of it, and it takes forever the get the multi-ball, despite the toughness of the shot.
HOPEFULLY this is one of the aspects they improve in next code update...

i've felt pretty much the same way. i think the overall raptor pen progress needs to be displayed better on the screen and the playfield and - correct me if i'm wrong - but maybe some progress needs to be carried over ball to ball. at this point it reminds me of the gravemarker MB in Metallica but without as much visual information and value.

frankly i've never seen a raptor MB in all of the games i've played because everything else just seems to be more logical/valuable to go for if you want to progress. but i'm pretty confident that it will get more fleshed out by the time the code gets to 1.0

#1159 39 days ago
Quoted from tpir:

It doesn't matter. They should both work.
They have made the entire process very easy and painless.

Its definitely pretty easy these days.

Network connectivity would make it an absolute breeze though. Updates that auto push and install in the middle of the night.... yes please!

#1193 38 days ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm putting my money on settings and outlane posts. If not then my jaw will drop as well.

eh. i've noticed the more i've been playing the game that its definitely not as brutal as i thought it was right away. reminds me of iron maiden in that regard with some pretty long ball times when you are dialed in.

very few SDTM drains and less left outlane nonsense after i've started to discover what areas/angles of the table are super dangerous.

#1217 37 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'd love to hear other people's strategies for playing and getting 500+M scores.
Listening to Elwin the other day on h2h what stood out to me was he said (paraphrasing) that the paddocks weren't even what you go for.. its the kind of stuff that just kind of happens as you go.
I've been playing paddocks almost exclusively... with Chaos coming as the shots are available vs timing of what was happening in the paddock at the moment (like trying to get that final capture, etc).
For me right now, 300-400m is pretty common... but my high is about 650. Getting over 350+ is uncommon.
The raptor pit I didn't see great reward on...
I find it hard to get a good spin on the truck, making t-rex modes a little harder.. and haven't seen huge points there
So far it seems chaos+good jackpots is the biggest boost.
What are the other ways people are chasing points?

My best game is only around ~800,000,000 but by far the biggest scoring came from stacking one of the T-Rex modes (the one where you hit a shot and then shift gears) with a CHAOS multiball and just hitting shots and moving the jackpots with the truck.

Paddocks don't really seem to score much but the perks are nice if you can get deep into them. The Control Room modes seem pretty lucrative also so I always try to get one of them going when available.

#1247 36 days ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I get the Logan arcade and relationship with stern, but I disagree with a premium being out before the LEs buyers get there’s. It’s clearly understood the order of production when dealing with distributors

I took their post to mean that it was actually Keith’s prototype that he’s lending to them. But i might be reading too much into it.

#1263 36 days ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

I was looking for the extra ball. Where is it located?

right ramp. light is above the ramp.

#1278 35 days ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please....
Shorten and allow the player to skip the ball holds in a future code update. It is brutally annoying. 15 seconds every single game just give me the f-ing ball!!! I wanna take the glass off and do it myself. Also, speed up the jeep animation cut scene between balls, it's also way too long while I'm just sitting there staring at the LCD saying....can I play yet?
Other than that, loving the hell out of this game. Raptor cage and chaos, etc, need some balancing but I'm sure that will be worked out in future code updates. This is Elwin afterall.
Just fix that stupid ball save, c'mon guys. Someone at Stern sticking their fingers in the pie cuz I know Elwin isn't that dumb.

Yup. Insane how stop-and-go the game is in its current code.

I know Keith was bagging on using scoops because they slow the game down but the up-posts are just as bad -if not worse in the current state.

T-rex mode animations are way too long right now with no ability to skip. The smart bomb countdown even seems too long. EVERYTHING should be skippable with double flippers.

Also I think the back target on our raptor paddock is a bit wonky. It doesn’t really seem to register hits whatsoever. I feel like it should be at some point. Anyone else seeing this??

#1308 35 days ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

It finally installed. I downloaded again on chrome via windows the second time. First time was on mac and chrome. I also reformatted the usb stick on windows. Initially i just deleted everything on it, but it was already fat32 formatted. My guess is the reformat helped.

Yes. Likely the file format of the drive was the issue. Fat32 or Exfat are probably the safest options in general when doing these type of updates.

#1341 34 days ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Also, I find it next to impossible to post pass from right to left. Left to right works as expected. Anyone else have trouble with post passing right to left?

Same on the one I’ve been playing. Although it’s gotten a bit better since the stock coil stop was replaced on the right flipper. Still not as easy as left-to-right though.

#1378 33 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I THINK you need to then shoot the helicopter to finish the capture but I've only played about 10 games

yup. i think the '3rd tier' of dinos and beyond require # of rescues -> hit both trap shots -> hit heli pad -> hit capture shot in a given amount of time or else you have to go back and hit the helipad shot again.

#1424 31 days ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Is it just me or did chaos multiball get notched down to 3 to start? I swear with .87 it was a 6 ball multiball to start. Maybe i just had excessive pop action before?

i believe its always been 3 with add-a-ball on the supply drop and pop bumper hits. pretty easy to get it up to 6 quickly.

2 weeks later
#1836 13 days ago

one of the podcasts today (head 2 head maybe?) mentioned that keith linked a bunch of images outlining strategy and such with the JP ruleset. has anybody seen these? i've only been able to find the dino paddock traits/perks graphic on tiltforums

fa7f9d6a5936bc49e2de1186044637050f5f0d52 (resized).jpeg
#1871 12 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I'm trying to decide on grabbing a Metallica Pro with a lot of great mods now for a steal of a price, or wait for a JP2 Pro next fall?
Opinions welcome!

I think Metallica in a home environment is one of the best games going for training up your pinball skills. Definitely not a bad idea if you are getting a great deal on it.

In a weird way it kind of reminds me of how JP3 is setup in regards to being able to progress through multiple things at the same time and then having to make split second decisions and switch focus based on the changing variables. Obviously Metallica is a little more ham-fisted and shallow in its presentation compared to JP3 -- but on the foundational level it seems like its inspired Keith's designs.

#1891 11 days ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Question for the thread readers: I watched the Dead Flip video of the Stern JP gameplay. The opening LCD scenes showed factory set high sccores and initials. One was MDK, which is my game initials. Anyone know who that is? Mike Kyzivat?

Doesn't look like anybody on the staff listed has those initials. Curious

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside