(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adam12hicks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9625 3 years ago

My Control Room VUK / Post is about 1/8" below the surface of the playfield. Now and again a ball will get stuck there, and then the ball search launches it into the glass like a cannon. Scares the piss out of whoever is playing. I've not messed with this particular component before. Is this common, and is it a relatively simple adjustment to get it back to level with the playfield?

#9640 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Yes - it’s a threaded stop under the coil with a jam nut to lock it. Takes 5 min tops. You’ll be mad at yourself for waiting so long to fix it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/181#post-6068332

Thank you! Yes - super simple! The set screw had just become loose and unscrewed itself a bit. Tightened back up and it's all set. Also adjusted my set screws for the raptor gate as it didn't lower quite enough to free the ball on raptor jackpot / ball search.

1 week later
#9786 3 years ago

Sorry to change the topic from all the video mod fun (I use it, I enjoy it!) but I’m having trouble figuring something out -

My slings are super super hair-trigger sensitive on my JP Prem, and often lead to just sitting there watching the show as it immediately starts bouncing the ball back and forth, then often straight into a drain.

Maybe it’s how the game was designed? But I’ve not played any other game in recent memory that does this to the extent you feel like you’ve lost control of the ball completely.

Is it common for folks to reduce the sensitivity of the triggers for the slings? Should I lower the power from default?

Sorry if all of my terminology isn’t correct - and thanks in advance for any advice!

#9798 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Definitely turn them down. I think a lot of home owners have done this. They are more brutal out of the box than most sterns I’ve owned. I have since turned mine back up to around the original setting after they have worn in a bit.

Thanks! I cranked them from like 30 default to around 17. Definitely a more enjoyable game now! Crazy they’re so powerful from the factory.

#9808 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Do you have Pinstadium lights as your pin looks nice and bright? I need to order something and I’m leaning that way.

You’re not asking me, but I have them on my JP Prem and they’re a game-changer. They also reduce glare significantly so I did them instead of HD / low glare glass, and killed two birds with the same stone. Definitely made the price easier to swallow

Customer service is top notch too. I bought a second set for Elvira and will likely buy a third for Black Knight once it comes.

1 week later
#9986 3 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

Which pinstadiums did you go with? I'm deciding between fusions or staying simple with omegas.

Sorry just saw this. I have no idea how to enable notifications on this board. I went with the middle of the road. Whichever they are. Not the super expensive with the adjustable multi flashers but the ones just below with diffusion. Really like them!

#9987 3 years ago

Wanted to share my powder coated hardware I just got back. Was shooting for a dino skin look and I’m super pleased with how it came out

4886FA53-4F11-4484-B854-FAC1E71A12DC (resized).jpeg4886FA53-4F11-4484-B854-FAC1E71A12DC (resized).jpegA4A0EFD5-A1F2-401D-9B30-12253F24826B (resized).jpegA4A0EFD5-A1F2-401D-9B30-12253F24826B (resized).jpeg
#9990 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

That may be one of the best looking powder-coated hardware sets I have ever seen. I also noticed your profile picture shows a green car too. Have you considered putting the same green dino-skin finish on your car???? LOL LOL

Lol no that would be different. Thank you though! It was a crapshoot on the colors, but thankfully came out just as I hoped!

#9994 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Thats how I planned on doing the powder on all 3 JP's.
Looks great!
A buddy had his monster bash PC like that years ago and since I first saw it I thought it would look great as dino skin.

Awesome! This was silver + shocker yellow. Even though it comes out green shades once baked.

#9997 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I guess it a little bit different, yours is more of what I was going to go for though.
Maybe an inbetween.
[quoted image]

I would have been very happy with that color on my JP - very similar.

#10009 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

What brand and color is that? Looks like a 2 stage with a clear over it maybe? What sheen is the clear?

It was a silver base with shocker yellow vein. Prismatic powders.

10 months later
#12937 2 years ago

Hi folks! I'm searching but not finding. My JP Prem TRex head moves side to side fine, but moves up and down without locking in place to catch balls as expected. It doesn't lower itself far enough down and leave the mouth open. I end up triggering TREX modes by simply hitting the left ramp and bypassing the TREX in that case. Is there a limit switch or something I should look at replacing or repairing to get the game back to expected behavior?

Thank you!!!

#12939 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does it lower in the test mode properly?

I actually didn't realize there were tests for it. Just went in and tested it and it went side to side, made a bit of a grinding noise, and then gave a message 'Check Switch 66 TREX Down' - not sure which switch that is but it's a place to start!

#12943 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Basically go into switch test mode and try to manually trigger the switches around the motor that controls tilt (on the bottom of the back of the backboard) to make sure all three work. If they DO, then you just need to see which one is 66 (by triggering and looking on the screen) and then adjust the arm on that switch.
[quoted image]

Thanks! I'll check into this and see what's up. It worked for many months, only stopped working randomly a few days ago. So something is loose / misadjusted / broken back there.

Does the dino head need to be disassembled for most of this work or does that stuff happen on the backside of the playfield rear divider?

#12947 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For the head lowering, it's all on the backside of the board where the head is mounted, where the arrow is pointing in the picture I posted.

Thank you! I found the switch 66, and while it's registering on button push, there's no blade on the switch (and none to be found around the cabinet. I'm assuming this is my issue and will work on replacing that switch. I appreciate the assist!

Edit - found the blade. Clean break at the base of the blade, hiding in some wires. New one ordered - now to figure out how I'll get back there to replace it

#12955 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Glad you are on the right track now. That assembly on the back is held on by 4 nuts. I'd take them off which will let you swing the assembly up (it's still tethered to the dino head) and remove the arm to the dino head, then you can work on it and put it back when you have the switch replaced.

Thanks! Got the culprit removed and a new one on order. I was actually just able to reach it from beneath the rear divider with the playfield propped up. Luckily it was the switch towards the bottom and accessible with a small 3-16” wrench. Now to wait for the replacement and hope re-assembly and re-solder goes as smoothly.

79F73684-EC05-4711-930E-8ACBB0C2680E (resized).jpeg79F73684-EC05-4711-930E-8ACBB0C2680E (resized).jpeg
#12957 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hope you ordered some spares. It's not an uncommon switch, and nice to have on hand when one fails.

Definitely. But my new Godzilla Prem arrives tomorrow so I’ll be focusing on it in the meantime

#13036 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Nice. Curious to see 1) when you get to your first visitors center and 2) neutral assessment against GZ. I’ve played GZ pro a handful of times and I’m having a hard time with the hype and being “by far” Elwin’s best game. Great yes. Better than JP? Not convinced.
You need to get to work on your STTNG and kick out the default officers club high score!

JP Prem was my first 'modern' machine I bought just after it came out. Other games have come and gone, but it's bolted to the floor. Last week I picked up Godzilla Prem with some LE goodies and it's just as fun - but different. Definitely better and smoother flow, with a perfect mix of simple and difficult shots, along with some really nice silky smooth combos (like the tail whip.) The rule set is a bit more rudimentary but still deeper than say a BKSOR or Munsters. Not close to the complexity of JP as far as I can tell so far. That being said, kids and guests have come by and they all end up on Godzilla - even my own kids who don't much care for pinball. They seem to gravitate to the Insider Connected component of challenging each other and having that integration. I need to add it to my JP when they're readily available.

But only having room for two pins, I have those two. JP Prem and GZ Prem - and outside of a DP Prem, there's really nothing else I want to keep me entertained for a long time! So, so good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.99
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adam12hicks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=adam12hicks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.