(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,295 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WJxxxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2452 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

- first time is chaos mb
- second time is a control room mode
- third time is another chaos mb
- fourth time... i have no idea lol

Fourth is nothing
Fifth is another Chaos mb.

didn't get to Sixth

2 months later
#3437 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Quoted from J85M:
When you get T-Rex and Spino there’s a vs mode, what between the T-Rex and Spino? That would be amazing!

Yes, King of the Island.

You don't need T-Rex and Spino, only the Spino to play KotI.

4 weeks later
#3754 4 years ago
84661095_10158149549160555_5646818294049538048_o (resized).jpg84661095_10158149549160555_5646818294049538048_o (resized).jpg
#3804 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Is the new code for the Escape Wizard mode that you can start when you want (hit both flippers before you press start) also the actual wizard mode for completing the game?

Currently Escape Nublar isn't coded at all.
Once you get to, and play, Visitor Centre there are no more dinosaurs to capture and that portion of the game is effectively a dead end.
It still leaves the control room modes to play, which leads to Secure Control Room mini wizard.
As well as the T-rex/Truck modes, which leads to Museum Mayhem (The BEST mode ever). After Museum Mayhem, EVERY T-Rex mode will be the multiball and you can't play the other modes again.
There's still Pteradon attack, from the right ramp, and DNA combos to go for.

Once latest code is released, which can't be far away seeing as it has gone to a couple of locations to be Beta tested, Escape Nublar will be playable either by getting passed Visitor Centre, or by using the flipper code at the start of the game.

IMHO JP has got to be the greatest game ever released from a playfield layout perspective, integration of theming, graphics, sound and coding. I thought IMdn was good, but JP is just different level awesome.

#3808 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Not 100% happy with this , it looses the wizard mode aspect... as it can be obtained that easily. That is if it's 100% the exact same mode with score values, etc...
Hopefully they add an adjustment so you can disable this from the menu (to be able to select it from the start)

There will almost certainly be a setting to disable - it's also been quoted by KME himself that the scoring will be slightly different. Getting there the 'normal way' the route back through Nublar will be based on the paddocks you visited, dinosaurs captured and workers rescued. Making it easier if you achieved a lot on the way.
Obviously if you just start at the Visitor Centre those other factors, such as route through paddocks, will have to be made up.

Stern have already done something similar with God Mode on GB (but this can only be activated from the operator menus, not flipper codes).
My local site has a GB set on God mode constantly, and it takes SIGNIFICANTLY more money than any of the other 25 games, including all of the latest Sterns and JJPs.

#3894 4 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that DNA combos have disappeared in 0.98 code?

#3910 4 years ago

Played the Escape Nublar challenge yesterday - the opening call out, and callouts throughout, as well as graphics substituted "worker/s" with "goat/s"

#3912 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I assume that's the "papo" brand Trex? Looks great!!

I've gone with the Papo Raptor and Pteranodon - and Colonel Pickles Trex, just haven't got round to fitting them yet.

Plan is to use piano wire to fix the pteranodon horizontally from the bracket holding the bulbs on the right ramp.
Raptor will be superglued to a clear 'plastic protector', cut to size behind the raptor pen, although she'll need a dunk in boiling water so I can turn her head to face over the pen - instead of looking to the side.
Trex may need to have her tail trimmed a little with her legs astride the left ramp, boiling water to move her head as well probably.

pteradon (resized).jpgpteradon (resized).jpgraptor (resized).jpgraptor (resized).jpgtrex (resized).jpgtrex (resized).jpg

#3946 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

He said on Tilt forums it was a bug and they will be back soon.
I'm thinking about doing a revert to .97 until then to get them back

And lose Nublar?

#3962 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

And lose Nubar?

If you backtrack to 0.97 you'll lose Nublar if you get to the end, not just from flipper code.

How pissed would you be if you got to where it should be on 0.97 code?

PS. I've got there genuinely, once - not only do you need to get to Visitor Centre, but you also need all 4 Trex modes to get to and play Museum Mayhem, as well as completing 3 control room modes to get to Secure Control room. Then you can attempt to play Escape Nublar.
I'd already played it from the flipper codes, and was confident I knew what I was doing when I got there.
The fact that it's not something I'm going to be getting to every other game I want it there and coded when I do get there.

#3982 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

The truck might be blocking the shot?

The Smart missile is ONLY available when truck is narrowing the shot, when it's facing the other way super spinner is available.

my main reasons to abort:

In MB and don't have control of other balls flying around so likely to miss the shot.
Not in a paddock, or about to move to a dangerous dino paddock and want to save the smart missile for 'clear paddock' award. I'll try and have it set up with smart missile ready to activate and start paddock at the same time. Hit left ramp - choose clear paddock - hit the award BOOM
You have Chaos MB ready to start, but don't want to start it at that point.
Waiting for 'Invalid Frenzy' to come up as a choice.

Many reasons - and it's a nice choice to have if you accidentally trigger the smart missile.

#3992 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So when the truck is turned to be a tighter shot, do you just shoot for the spinner and hope it makes it in the pool bumpers to register the missile shot?

No, there is enough room to make the shot to the target - the truck being turned doesn't have much of an effect.
If the shot is true it'll hit the target whether the truck is turned or not.

It's the same thought about hitting a shot through the pop bumpers, it doesn't narrow the shot

#4084 4 years ago

20200222_132814 (resized).jpg20200222_132814 (resized).jpg20200222_133140 (resized).jpg20200222_133140 (resized).jpg
Rather than use a ziptie to stop the ball coming back out of the pops through the 'one way gate', which think looks a little ugly.
I cut the end off a leaf switch, and with a slight bend, attached under the screw holding the gate.
Works perfectly.

1 week later
#4199 4 years ago

Has anybody else noticed the significant difference in scoring between the Pro and Premium? Not just based on scores registered here on Pinside, but also experience I've had in playing both versions.

Are there really that many problems with the ball being caught by the Trex?
I would have thought that the raptor gate would actually increase scores on the Prem as it's easier to get to Raptor MB, even the helicopter blades (the only other physical difference) increases the scores in the paddock.

Which just leaves the Trex as the culprit.

3 weeks later
#4364 4 years ago

Not my overall best game, but did include a Trex MB Super Jackpot of nearly 200mil, plus Visitor Centre.

Best watched on tablet or phone, there's some other videos including IMdn, GotG & AS on my channel.

#4396 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

damn, you got more points on that trex multiball then I have totaled on my best game.
so you have to shoot the red shots with a multiplyer to get a super that big, is there anything else I'm missing?
The only multiball I can actually get descent scores at is raptor.

You build the base jackpot for the MB by hitting all/some of the lit shots. I've had the base up to 7mil.
Then when mb starts, hitting the jackpots in order (lit red and starting from the left) doubles the base. So first up 7, then 14, 28, 56 & 112. The Super is the sum of all of the jackpots you lit - in this case that would be 217. (Mine was 191mil).
If you hit a shot out of order, you lose the chance of dou ling up the shots until you have collected the super, then it all starts again.
I did think that the next super would be the sum of ALL the jps you'd hit (which is why my commentary got a little excitable as I hit my second super) but that's not the case.

A friends son has had a Trex MB over 800mil.

There are lots of good scoring opportunities throughout the game.

All of the Control Room modes can produce over 100mil.
The Trex modes can as well, but Rampage can be massive as the mode doesn't stop once you've earned the fossil. My best is 660mil, and I drained before time ran out.
Collecting all of the rescues from a paddock also gives you a perfect paddock bonus which increases as you go along.
I've had a pteranodon attack over 350mil.

Visitors Centre and Museum Mayhem are easier to get to than Secure Control Room, and all 3 have great potential.

Add in Invalid Frenzy, Loop awards, Tower awards, DNA combos, 2x playfield, Escape Nublar and When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth and it is far and away the best game released in 2019 (if not ever) and worthy of all of the Twipy award it received

#4397 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Trex multiball isn't worth much unless you absolutely crush it
For me, and what I do - and trust me I'm not a great player but my highest score is 784M so far, I mostly ignore going for the raptor multiball initially.
I try and get Chaos spelled out as quickly as I can, and then try and get to a Control room mode or the Trex Chase and then start Chaos to stack it with 2X scoring lit. I can blow up the machine that way.
From there I then will go for Raptor MB and then try for Chaos a second time as I go. Still haven't even been able to get to the visitor center, though. Tough game.

I don't worry about Chaos, other than making sure I hit the C early, the other letters happen on their own. I'd focus on the TRex modes to increase your score, and try and keep away from the centre dinos. Make sure you clear the paddocks before moving on to the next. Not only do you get the perfect paddock bonus, but the more rescues you get, the more smart missiles you get. Don't be afraid to abort them, and save for further along when you can clear a tough paddock with a single shot.

Practice shooting the amber target as often as possible. It's needed for the smart missiles, but also getting the letter jackpots in chaos, it also feeds to the pops which increases amber, switch hits in pteranodon attack, as well as giving a nice controlled feed to the upper flipper.

#4405 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I still haven't figured out how to make the most out of Pteranodon. Do you build the carryover multiplier with switch hits (spinner is good) and completely avoid hitting the right ramp while it's running, do that a few times and cash in? Or is there something else to build the jackpot? I try to do that but I can't seem to avoid accidentally going up the right ramp when I'm doing it

Basically exactly what you said, avoid the right ramp as the value and multiplier grows.
There's also a +10× pteranodon bonus for one of the fossil sets, first one I think.

#4498 4 years ago
Quoted from MrElbow:

Has anyone had an issue with the one way gate into the pops getting stuck open (stuck on top of the bottom left pop bumper)?? It has started happening just about every time I play and having trouble figuring out a permanent solution.

Mine wasnt sticking open, but closing so slowly that a ball would often bounce straight back out and stdm.

I cut the end off an old leaf switch and attached as in the photo, never had a problem since, and it's virtually undetectable during normal play.

I do have an issue with the one way gate at the centre lane/spinner sticking up, but it doesn't seem to cause much of a problem, and I may even remove it completely

20200222_132814 (resized).jpg20200222_132814 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4731 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have a JP2 that had the same defect...gate installed too close to the PF and would catch/stick. Really unfortunate that the mech can't be adjusted to center with the PF slot.
I unscrewed it and moved it ever so slightly. Not perfectly centered, but not catching. If you have the appropriate tools, you could try and expand the holes in the bracket so you can move it around.
Good luck...a bummer these are being installed in the wrong location!

Try this fix, posted in the LE/Prem thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/53#post-5300605

2 weeks later
#4888 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Has not ever done it on mine, running latest code too.
Agree sounds like it might be a trough issue.

Could also be a switch registering on the playfield, thus validating it, making the machine think a ball is in play.

#4889 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Confirmed. That’s the fix. Take out the back two spacers and every shot registers. Hope owner here. Shooting like butter!

The biggest issue I have on the Pro with the left ramp is the ball gaining air and not only not registering the optos, but also rattling and often jumping the ramp.

I believe it to be that the ramp flap is longer and more flexible than most others I have seen on other machines, or even the right ramp on JP. The fix is to try and stop that flap flexing and creating a sharper ramp which gives the ball air.
My friend has a Prem and also seeing similar issues until he lifted the ramp and placed a pillar rubber (cut in 2 lengthways) under the flap. This means no flexing of the flap, no air balls and thus no missed shots.

I just haven't got round to doing it on mine yet, as I'm waiting for a few other bits and bobs and will fit everything at once.

1 month later
#5325 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

yes. It happens.

Look at post #4084, where I've posted my fix for this.

1 week later
#5499 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

There is a fix but I worked late and had two beers so I don't think I can explain it.

post #4084

#5537 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

First I removed the tilt completely. So ths\is thing will get a beating I have also very frustrating cheap drains on the right side for the most. Been testing with different posts there but nothing good so far.
The main issue with this machine is the code. And everybody says they love the code but for a mediocre player this is a hell. Not getting to time out a paddock or get it auto finished after ball loss is in my eyes a miss. It can be an easy setting in the code like on GB. Now I will be sometimes stuck in a paddock for 2-3 balls and not progressing anywhere, which is frustrating. Also the code in this way is very lineair. Since the modes on the island are all the same and you will play them al lot. I am still trying to dail-in my machine, so no SDTM drains from the control room. And trying to get the side drains to controllable level.
Maybe I need to learn to play it, maybe this is not my machine? But had this same experience with CFTBL, first I really thought I bought the wrong machine, now I love it and know how to play and know what to expect from the ball.
It will keep me getting back for more, since my high score is really not that good yet. It all still needs to come together.

You can time out a paddock. Once all of the workers have been eaten/trampled by the dino, the dino then 'escapes' and you get to start a new paddock (by spelling MAP).

During this time you can work on TRex (truck modes), progressing towards either CHAOS or Raptor MB, loops, tower shots, Secure room modes.

There is more to the game than paddocks, even the paddocks don't have to follow the same route each game, you can change your route by hitting the Truck.

I would say even for a mediocre player there is plenty to do - for a poor player maybe less so

Each to their own I suppose, but there's a reason that the majority of people think the code is awesome.

#5569 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I started off that way but I'm finding rescue streaks to be just to important to risk losing in a MB so have actually tried to not stack in a paddock with any of them. I do like to stack the 2nd and 3rd control room modes with a MB. The first one (I don't remember their names so just talking in order on the screen) I haven't had much success with stacking since it requires you to hit the control room every other shot. MB and the T-Rex modes seems pretty valuable as well.

But the streak only awards points. Good, but nowhere near enough to warrant missing out on points available elsewhere. Getting the max streak of 53 rescues only awards 31.7 mil for the last capture.

The control room modes, can be played in any order you choose.
The 3 are:
Virus Attack
Alternate between lit shot and control room
System Boot (my favourite)
Make 3 x 2 combos, before finishing off at control room
Restore Power
Spinner to start then hit all shots.

All worth well over 100mil for completing before double playfield is taken in to account - also award you fossils.

#5573 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, but how much for all 53 total?

853.3 mil

1 month later
#6441 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

This game is maddening with its tight shots and frustrating drains. That said I‘Ve been drawn back to it over and over putting time in, and have materially improved, got the the raptor paddock several times , caught a t-Rex a few times, scored over 700M, etc
What are the stackable scenarios that will add up points the fastest? I had a really big one tonight when I stacked the t-Rex Chase with chaos multi ball. I’ve started trying to strategize getting multi balls For either a really hard paddock, or to stack with one of the other modes. Am I thinking about this the right way a) for best score and b)for completing modes? For completing modes, any suggestions on the path of least resistance to the visitor center? Up the left side, up the right side?
I feel like after playing JP at a mediocre level for any period of time, i can go to MM or AFM and feel like a pro!

Rescue as many workers as possible. Rescues get you smart missiles. Abort smart missiles until you're at the harder dinos, then use clear paddock. You should be able to set up the start of a paddock with a smart missile shot with minimal effort.

Don't collect pterandon until it's at a very high level (the multiplier holds over until you collect) but try to start it as often as possible.

Feed TRex can be worth very good points if you make sure you hit the jackpots in order (left to right) before collecting super you can even hit the left shot again to boost it higher.

3 weeks later
#6810 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Yeah had this happen once too. Think i did not chosse 5 rescues.

You can also get the same effect with the 'Clear paddock' award.

Rescues awarded pushes you over the next threshold.

2 months later
#8540 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

It’s very strange. It spins freely and is not binding. It just wants to rest at like a 25 degree angle and it should be like a 5 degree angle. I can’t figure out what’s up with it.

I had this exact same problem on my IMdn with the bottom left spinner. It wasn't resting in a vertical position meaning you couldn't get a decent shot on it.

Despite what has been said before by others, it has absolutely nothing to do with the bracket, or it binding, or anything else similar. It is because the axle the spinner sits on is bent. once it becomes bent and the spinner starts to sit not vertical (lower edge closer to you) every single hit to the spinner will actually bend the axle a little more making the problem worse.

To fix this you need to hold the spinner between finger and thumb and pull towards you (front of playfield)and bend the axle back to perfectly straight. This will fix the problem.

Do this little by little so as not to over stress the wire and potentially weaken it and cause it to break at a later date.

5 months later
#10641 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Haven't run into the issue just yet, but is the recommendation to switch out the coil stops proactively or simply have some on hand for replacement when needed? Any other items I should stock up on? And where's the best place to buy?
Thanks in advance for the assistance.

I was going to swap them out, due to previous issues, and bought replacements. However, I haven't had the need to and they've lasted far better than previous

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12,999.99
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

13,200 (OBO)
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WJxxxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=WJxxxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.