(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,328 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thx guys
Fixed the raptor target. The black wire was blocking the switch.[quoted image]

I'll have to look at ours in league tomorrow. We noticed last night that the back target wasn't registering. Turns out that it was wedged to the left and stuck behind the rubber and permanently closed. It almost looks like I need to bend the bracket to the right a little to get it away from the rubber.

Thanks for posting the resolution. I'll make sure the wire isn't in the way tomorrow before I start drinking at the tournament.

4 months later
#3846 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Does Keith and/or Nick are on PINSIDE (and reading this topic) ?
if yes, could you PM me please
i've found an easy pattern (for points, already tested more than few times, works)
of course you may know it already, but dont want to post this in public
tanx

I think sk8ball is Keith based on his comments in this thread, but I could be wrong.

#3849 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

ripleyyy You can pm me the pattern - this game kicks my ass - but I love this game!

Add me to that list if you don't mind sharing. I'd be curious to try it out.

3 weeks later
#4175 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Now, grow them inside the game.

I can see this becoming the next pinstadium product.

1 week later
#4241 4 years ago

Anyone have a fix for a truck that doesn't rotate correctly? It spins around just fine, but seems to get stuck about 1/4" away from the newton ball on both sides. Whack the side of the game or flip the flippers a few times and it settles in.

It's the one at leagues. I pulled it apart last night, cleaned the assembly and put a small bit of super lube on the ball bearing washer. It spins around better, but that last 1/4" is still an issue.

#4254 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Make sure the flange on the end that the switch sensor reads is not interfering a getting hung up on the sensor. The truck assembly should a just a very small amount of play and the flange should clear the sensor by a couple millimeters..With the playfield up, put your hand on the truck to keep it flush to the playfield...you should be able to rotate it around and clear the sensor without it hanging...if it doesn't, you've got too much play...tighten the sleeve by repositioning the allen scrwew lockdown point

Thanks. We looked at that and there is plenty of clearance between the optos. I tried giving it no play, a lot of play and just a little play with the same result. It's that last 1/4" where it gets bound up. It spins around really well, hits the newton ball and bounces up about 1/4" and just stays there. A few flips or smacks on the side of the cabinet and it falls back down.

8 months later
#7937 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me what they paid on a new Premium recently?

3 months later
#9892 3 years ago
Quoted from twarr:

What do you guys think?

That apron is pretty bad ass. How much did that run?

#9899 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

I'm about to get my first machine ever. What is the purpose of these things, just protection for weak components/areas? The pinball equivalent of a phone case? The website has no indicator of price and that would be a large part of whether it's "worth it", so do you have a rough price range that you know of?

That's pretty much exactly what it is. You're just adding a little protection to places that are known to have issues. As for price, no clue. Probably best to ask him.

#9903 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Exactly. The game is fantastic and to bastardize it is a complete waste of time.

Weren't you gluing plastic trees to yours? Some might call that bastardizing and some might like it. You don't have to take a dump in someone's Cheerios just because they don't like the same things you like.

#9906 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Like ALL of pinside does when a new game is released? Or like everyone pissing all over a game a designer and a company worked hard on?
Give me a fucking break. I can criticize and have an opinion just like anyone else around here.
Did you waste your time on the movie code? Nope. So why do you care so hard about what I think?

I could give two shits what you think. I just find it amusing that you have your panties in a knot because someone wanted to change the call outs and videos on their game.

#9908 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Going with the classic "panties in a knot" instead of the oldy but goody, "Sand in your vagina"?
Always funny seeing guys type that and thinking they're really emasculating a fella with that comment. Good for you!

Sounds like this is a reoccurring theme for you.....

#9975 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

This guy wont let go of his dis on the "Movie Code".... let it go man.... u you dont like... we get it... move on

Don't feed the trolls.

#10006 3 years ago

Can someone help me with a rule question. We have one in leagues and I was messing around after finals and ran all the way to the Visitors Center after heading down the right side of the map. I was able to capture the raptors and I think I finished the mode. However, when I was done, the Visitors Center insert was still slowly pulsing. There were also no more white shots to go after paddocks.

It was almost like the game ran out of stuff for me to do, which I know wasn't the case. There were a few of us at the machine and it wasn't apparent to any of us as to what I was supposed to do next.

#10010 3 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

After you catch the last dinosaur you have to spell map one more time then hit the T. rex ramp and visitors center will start. You cannot start visitors center if you are already in a T. rex or control room mode.

Sorry. Maybe my post wasn’t clear. I started Visitors Center, captured both raptors and got to the victory targets part.

When I got back to one ball, the Visitors Center was still pulsing and there weren’t any white shots. There wasn’t anything to do.

#10014 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

There would be no white shots because you finished the paddocks. From there you have to finish the rest of the goals (all the control room modes and all the T-Rex modes) in order to reach Escape Nublar.

Gotcha. Makes sense. I assumed you could go back through the paddocks you didn’t do on the way to the visitors center.

How are the control room modes lit? From what I saw, capturing the first dinosaur lights the first one. What would I need to do light them after the first one with no paddocks lit?

#10023 3 years ago

I'd love to grab a Premium, but can't justify it after my distributor and Stern basically telling me to pound sand after my BM66 Catmoman play field started falling apart within 2 weeks of getting it.

I wish you all the best of luck getting your new games! JP is one of my absolute favorites.

1 week later
#10092 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Here’s your chance boys and girls!

Don't feed the troll.

#10095 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No wayyyyy, You’ll never get better by making it easier for yourself. Mastering the difficulty of this game is 75% of the fun. Why not just light the extra balls IN game as intended?

I'm not speaking directly about the person that said to go to 5 balls, but some people just don't have the coordination to get far in a game on 3 balls. You could give my wife 27 balls and she would probably never make it to Visitors Center. She doesn't have the hand eye coordination to do it and she knows it. She still enjoys playing from time to time, but it's just not wired into her brain like it is to some people.

I've always been in the camp that it's your game, so whatever you want to do is fine with me. On the other hand, I like to make them as hard as possible. My Metallica has no outlane rubbers with the posts as wide as possible. Lightning flippers and no ball save. Sparky takes 14 hits to get to and comes with a whopping 4s ball saver.

To each his own has always been my thoughts.

2 years later
#16808 10 months ago

I'm possibly, maybe considering picking up a JP Premium, but have only ever played the Pro. I probably have 150+ games on the Pro from having it in leagues for 4 or 5 seasons. I absolutely love the game.

Does the dinosaur head kill the flow of the game? Are there issues with the head mech? I like the raptor pit upgrade and the helicopter, but wasn't sure about the dinosaur head so I thought I'd ask.

I don't have access to play the Premium.

Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12,999.99
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=Spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.