(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shadrac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10307 3 years ago

Hi everybody, I have a sound problem on my JP Premium. There is a high pitched 8bit sound in the background while the music is playing. I have already done some tests and it does not come from the speakers (the sound come from the speakers, but the speakers are ok), I also tried with another sd card and
it's the same. I checked the connections etc ... but I think it comes from the source. I have no experience with Spike issues, is this a known issue? Has anyone ever had this problem here? The code is 1.03 and system updated 2.60.
I posted a video on Youtube to show the problem. We can hear the parasitic sound at 0:05.
Thank you in advance.

#10322 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I have not witnessed/noticed this issue before, sorry. Just to confirm though, you say the anomaly / parasitic sound is *not* coming from the speakers? If not, where is it coming from you think? Also is it only when that specific gameplay music from your YT video is playing or is it consistent throughout any music in the game or even when no music is playing?

I'm sorry, I misspoke. This parasitic sound comes from the speakers, it is played by the three speakers. It does come from the speakers, what I meant is that the speakers for me have no problem, vibration, damage or whatever. In the video I went to the Diag / Speakers / Main theme menu. You can hear this sound during play at times, but not all of the time. On the other hand it is always audible at the same time of music. In the video it's more audible at 0:05, when i play it's the same sound at the same time.

#10323 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Do you here that 'whine' sound with the volume set to ZERO?

No. That whine sound is only listenable/audible when music is playing, but always at the same time of music (like in the video, at 0:05 it's more loud). When there's no sound at attract mode for example, this whine sound doesn't exist.
It seems to me that the amp have a little issue.

#10325 3 years ago

Thanks, the music attenuation is now at 0, it was before at -10 but it doesn't change anything. I already check the impedance, both speakers, backbox and cabinet, at 8ohm.

#10327 3 years ago

Stock 1.03 firmware, i don't know what is the AV edit 40TS, you mean the custom version with original soundtrack of the movie?

#10343 2 years ago

Hi guys, i've got a sound issue with my JP Premium, i made two videos to show what is going on.
I already tried a new CPU board, 3 sd cards, speakers, Power board, settings 4ohm/8ohm, attenuation etc... For now i found nothing.
It seems that problem is only present with JP Premium owners (very strange because Premium/LE share the same code...)

So, i would like to know if some Premium owners can see the videos and do the same thing, and tell me if this is normal or not.
In the first video, the alliasing parasitic 8bit sound can be heard after 20 seconds. In the second video, it's the sound #183 (Diag/Speakers menu) and it's louder.

Thanks in advance

#10345 2 years ago

It's not a vibration but maybe a distortion from the amp when certains sounds/frequencies are played.
You can't hear the problem? does the videos works or you can't hear noise? it's very clear on the first video (Main theme from 20 seconds)

#10348 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I cranked the volume up super loud and heard it. Maybe it's worse in person or my hearing is bad but it's barely audible for me.
The only thing you haven't changed are the speakers. Can you disconnect one at a time and see if the noise goes away? Definitely sounds like harmonics. I will listen to mine later to see if I can detect it although I have an LE (5.25" speakers).

I already changed the cabinet speaker, and tested each speakers individually. But this weird sound can be heard through the 3 speakers.

#10350 2 years ago

About your first question:
Yes I opened the code with Pinball Browser and don't notice the noise during the Main Theme trough my PC speakers, and i listen it at a loud volume.

Second question:
I already did that, i checked each speaker individually, the noise is present in each speakers, i even changed the cabinet speaker.

I saw you have a Premium too, can you listen the Main Theme in the Test menu (Diag-Speakers-Main Theme number 1) and tell me if you hear something like my video?

#10353 2 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

I just got my JP Prem and I can hear the same 8-bit sound once the horns come in during the Main Theme. Also I can hear it on Diag Sound #183 (another horn instrument sound). Like you said, maybe it's when a certain frequency is hit there is a slight resonance, kind of like what happens on a guitar with certain notes. I am not sure this is a sound issue but rather just a frequency thing. It's hardly noticeably but it's definitely there...so you are not crazy .

Thanks !

#10354 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I had a similar problem on my Star Wars a couple years ago..It was my first pin and took months to find. Woundup being a super small metal wire fray in one of the sockets - same issue. Luckily, mine was near the flipper mech and would come and go, so I could isolate the GI's.

It's not a physical issue, the noise comes from the speakers.

#10355 2 years ago

For information, Stern engineering is looking at it now (i contacted Technical Support).

#10359 2 years ago

I readed it too quickly, sorry.

#10377 2 years ago

Anyone changed the stock warm white leds for cool white? I really don't like the warm white leds...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12,999.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shadrac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=Shadrac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.